Forum Description: All plan requests here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=104645
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 10:11am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Martin Audio H3
Posted By: lorenzo31071997
Subject: Martin Audio H3
Date Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:07pm
Hi guys, I would like to create 4 speakers for outdoor use. My choice fell between the RCF 4PRO 6001-A and Martin Audio H3 + (H3 +, H3T +, H3H +). I searched the web a lot, I didn't find any plan for these speakers, I saw that there is a copy made by Tpa Pro Audio (TX-3). Which one do you prefer among those mentioned above? Could I do an H3H + and if necessary use it in array mode? Do you have any plans?Thumbs Up

Replies:
Posted By: Robbo
Date Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:28pm
You will not get any plans for Martin Audio H3 either on here or any other site as it is subject to Martins own copyright and integrity. The copies that you mention are illegal Chinese copies that are poorly made and contain crap cheap Chinese drivers so no point in buying them even if you could.
You are based in Italy so the obvious choice for you would be products from RCF or other Italian manufacturers.

Date Posted: 30 December 2019 at 8:33pm
So why are there many other Martin Audio projects, such as the WSX? What do you recommend between Martin Audio H3 + and RCF 4PRO 6001-A?Wacko

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:48pm
It's much easier to measure and copy a speaker just made from sheets of wood than one with high frequency horns which are moulded or fibreglass or whatever.

Doesn't make it right though...

Posted By: Digbethdave
Date Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by lorenzo31071997 lorenzo31071997 wrote:

So why are there many other Martin Audio projects, such as the WSX? What do you recommend between Martin Audio H3 + and RCF 4PRO 6001-A?Wacko

Buy the TPA boxes mate. 

Date Posted: 31 December 2019 at 11:42am
I could find the fiber trumpets, the problem is finding the H3 designs, everything is silent on the web. Would you be interested in contacting TPA to buy the project drawings?

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 31 December 2019 at 12:08pm
you wont find the H3 plans, its a commercial product. Should someone make a plan, the MA legal team will be chasing them. Should you build some, the MA legal team will be chasing you.

Its just not worth it.

Anyway, the H3 really isn't that special a box. Its some reflex mids, with a mid-hi horn fiberglass horn (aka: trumpet). There are loads of 8+1" horns available on the market already, and it will take 10minutes to design a reflex box to go with it. No dark magic going on, its just some relatively efficient drivers in a tuned box - even the processing is nothing you wouldn't work out with your ears.

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Date Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:06pm
So do you recommend the RCF 4PRO 6001 without any doubt?LOL

Posted By: smitske96
Date Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:13pm
If going for such a cab, why not built something like the PM90/60 (Peter Morris DIY).
From 100Hz and up it probably performs better (with correct components and processing) then both the RCF and Martin audio. 

It's also much lighter.

Date Posted: 01 January 2020 at 5:30pm
I had never heard of Peter Morris, I did a search on the web and I did not find a personal site where to find the design plans. I searched the forum and found several products, but not something done and finished. How difficult do you think the production of these boxes would be? We read that the configuration is very difficult to make them sound good, even if the yield is statospheric (how is it possible with only 2x12 "to make 100-20K Hz?). There are many plans of RCF 4PRO, specific components to use and the configurations are ready

Posted By: partya
Date Posted: 01 January 2020 at 7:24pm
I have 4 x TPA TX-3s (their H3 copy). For the price I paid for them, they're good value - I've had 5 years of trouble free usage out of them and they sound fine too.

I found their customer service to be pretty average, though when I paid the same price as a single Mackie SRM450 for each (shipping included), I can live with that.

My $0.02, cheers.

-------------
Turn it up! Turn what up?

Date Posted: 01 January 2020 at 8:08pm
Can you say how much you paid the single? Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out

Date Posted: 01 January 2020 at 10:27pm

Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out

LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

Date Posted: 01 January 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out

LOLLOLLOLLOL

it might be a great idea!

Posted By: Jo bg
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:50am
Well cloning a clone could almost be an ethical thingLOL
I looked at tpa site, they even literally copy Martin marketing terms like unique phase ball for the phase plug.

Jokes aside, a big part of the sound of this speakers in the original form are crossovers and processing, so even with plans getting them to sound tight would require work and knowledge, which you don't seem to have.
Intellettuale theft issues apart, you'd Better look on the second hand market. Look for italian brands like rcf, outline, montarbo

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Well cloning a clone could almost be an ethical thingLOL
I looked at tpa site, they even literally copy Martin marketing terms like unique phase ball for the phase plug.

Jokes aside, a big part of the sound of this speakers in the original form are crossovers and processing, so even with plans getting them to sound tight would require work and knowledge, which you don't seem to have.
Intellettuale theft issues apart, you'd Better look on the second hand market. Look for italian brands like rcf, outline, montarbo

I really love the design of the H3 that goes well with my musical genre. The alternative would have been RCF 4PRO 6001. But I have never heard either play, so I don't know the difference. I use the WSX as a subwoofer, so I thought about the H3. If you can't find the TPA plans, do you know any other boxes with similar designs where the plans are published?

Posted By: FOO
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:48am
Buy a shitload of Soundgear Orbit 4... Job done 🙂

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Buy a shitload of Soundgear Orbit 4... Job done 🙂

I wanted to build something, I wouldn't want to buy it readySick

Posted By: snowflake
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:11am
http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?browsemode=category&category=Speaker_DIY_Kits&masthead=Flatpack_Speakers&subheadnew=Mid-high_Cabinet%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?browsemode=category&category=Speaker_DIY_Kits&masthead=Flatpack_Speakers&subheadnew=Mid-high_Cabinet

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?browsemode=category&category=Speaker_DIY_Kits&masthead=Flatpack_Speakers&subheadnew=Mid-high_Cabinet%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?browsemode=category&category=Speaker_DIY_Kits&masthead=Flatpack_Speakers&subheadnew=Mid-high_Cabinet

It's still not the design I want, I'm looking for something from the club, as well as Funktion one

Posted By: snowflake
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 12:15pm
if you think you can produce a copy of a commercial cabinet then go for it - it's not illegal to do so for your own use. but I don't think anyone here is going to spend their time helping you do so.

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

if you think you can produce a copy of a commercial cabinet then go for it - it's not illegal to do so for your own use. but I don't think anyone here is going to spend their time helping you do so.

Okay, but going back to the starting speech. What would you recommend between RCF 4PRO 6001 and Martin Audio H3? I am afraid that the opening of the RCF 80 ° x 60 ° is too wide and dispersive

Posted By: dylan-penguinmedia
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:21pm
The H3 is still technically a current product (just called THV with a nicer grille).

Why the obsession with cloning cabs?

Do some reading and make some of the DIY designs that fit your needs (dispersion, ability to use in multiples etc) or just buy second hand.

You don’t want multiple H3s a side. (In the average room).

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

The H3 is still technically a current product (just called THV with a nicer grille).

Why the obsession with cloning cabs?

Do some reading and make some of the DIY designs that fit your needs (dispersion, ability to use in multiples etc) or just buy second hand.

You don’t want multiple H3s a side. (In the average room).

You're right, it has become almost like an obsession to recreate that design and those characteristics of that speaker. The charm of the hybrid, which is reminiscent of the WSX design. The speakers would be paired with the WSX

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 3:36pm
Have a look for some W8’s if you’re going to go more than 1 a side on some WSX’s. 

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 4:09pm

Have a look for some W8’s if you’re going to go more than 1 a side on some WSX’s. 

The W8 are not bad at all, but in Italy it is not found on second hand. I would prefer to build them, there is no mention of W8 anywhere on the web. As for the H3 / H3 + I already have how to configure the cuts, earnings etc.

Posted By: smitske96
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 5:20pm

I had never heard of Peter Morris, I did a search on the web and I did not find a personal site where to find the design plans. I searched the forum and found several products, but not something done and finished. How difficult do you think the production of these boxes would be? We read that the configuration is very difficult to make them sound good, even if the yield is statospheric (how is it possible with only 2x12 "to make 100-20K Hz?). There are many plans of RCF 4PRO, specific components to use and the configurations are ready

If you searched correctly you would have found tons of information.

Including which drivers can be used, and also their correct processing. Nowhere is said that it is very hard to get them sounding right. If you want the best of the cab it will become more difficult because you need the correct FIR processing. 

PS: it doesn't only have two 12" drivers. The whole cab is mainly designed around the coax HF driver. You can use a 4" VC HF driver laike the RCF ND950 but you don't get the same result. If you go for the PM60 you can use two boxes aside (which would be loud).

Posted By: Digbethdave
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:01pm
I guess your WSX are copies too? 

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

I guess your WSX are copies too? 

Yes, the WSX are also copies. There are many design plans for the WSX. I had the boxes made by a specialized company that made many of them, the speakers are RCF 18LP300 that fit perfectly

Posted By: Earplug
Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:47pm
If you're after some H3's, I have 4 here for sale. You can then open them up and copy to your heart's content.  Unhappy

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

If you're after some H3's, I have 4 here for sale. You can then open them up and copy to your heart's content.  Unhappy

I'd pay for plans, but I'd like to build pits. Aren't you going to make plans?Big smile

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 9:35pm
Not sure which part of “nobody here’s gonna give you commercial plans, it’s frowned upon and a bit shit” you’re not getting.

Date Posted: 02 January 2020 at 11:31pm
here you go, this is a great start to reverse engineer. You need to get a 15" 10" & 1" driver in there, and make it weigh 77.5kg. Should be easy to do!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

here you go, this is a great start to reverse engineer. You need to get a 15" 10" & 1" driver in there, and make it weigh 77.5kg. Should be easy to do!

I already had these data, did you want to make a joke?LOL

Posted By: Danny A
Date Posted: 03 January 2020 at 1:22am
deleted

Posted By: djeddie
Date Posted: 03 January 2020 at 9:31am
Whilst it won't get you the H3, but here's a link to find the Peter Morris designs... either the 60 or 90 degree.

https://soundforums.net/community/forums/diy-audio.28/" rel="nofollow - Sound Forums

Also, why not have a search for the X-TRO?

-------------
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB

Posted By: bob4
Date Posted: 03 January 2020 at 9:48am

Not sure which part of “nobody here’s gonna give you commercial plans, it’s frowned upon and a bit shit” you’re not getting.

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 03 January 2020 at 10:41am
yeah i don't understand this thread at all.

if you're interested in building speakers.. embrace the DIY scene. you've been given plans and suggestions for some great diy projects.

Date Posted: 04 January 2020 at 2:46pm
Has anyone the CAD plans of Peter Morris PM60?

Posted By: JonB67
Date Posted: 04 January 2020 at 3:15pm
If not here, try diyaudio and sound forums.net. 

If you find someone with cad plans for the pm90 I'd like them!

Posted By: jacethebase
Date Posted: 04 January 2020 at 5:08pm
I shipped 4 x W8C to the south of Spain for less than £300 in the summer.
Making the comment (no W8 available used in Italy) totally irrelevant. 

The amount of money you will waste on trying to build / copy. You will buy used boxes and have change.

-------------
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com

Posted By: madboffin
Date Posted: 04 January 2020 at 7:55pm
Lorenzo:

You won't get plans from anyone here, for a speaker that is still available from the original manufacturer. For one thing it's against the ethics of the forum, and for another, the manufacturers are likely to sue anyone who publishes plans online for current products.

If you have an original H3, of course there's nothing to stop you from reverse-engineering it and making  copies for your own use. In that case you wiill only get into trouble if you try selling them as the real thing or making batches for sale.

Old products that are no longer made or sold by the original manufacturers are fair game for builders and a lot of plans are available and in the public domain. But not current products. We'd all like to see the few remaining high-quality speaker manufacturers stay in business for as long as possible...

Posted By: JonB67
Date Posted: 04 January 2020 at 10:46pm
Think he might have got that... his latest request was for the peter morris pm60, which is a free plan.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net