Forum Description: Open Discussion / Questions
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=105006
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 7:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sound and Lighting Bargains
Posted By: Robbo
Subject: Sound and Lighting Bargains
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:02pm
Looks like we are going to see loads of quality second hand gear coming on to the market over the next six months or so as both small and large companies start trying to shift assets to make ends meet and all this will do is bring the prices crashing down as the market saturates with a glut of gear.
I really do feel sorry for a lot of you guys on here as it is always difficult in good times to earn a crust in this industry but in the present climate virtually impossible.
Anyone who has a lump of cash in the bank will be able to pick up some right bargains in readiness for when it all levels out again but in the meantime, we will all have to learn to wipe our arses with newspaper and put up with headaches due to the lack of Paracetamol.
Wouldn't it be nice if we see Ebay go bust!!!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: jbl_man
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:31pm
Im willing to swap 2 toilet rolls for a rack of Crown amps?

But seriously,i agree John, leisure industry is dead now, will bounce back,but will take a long time.

Unhappy

-------------
Be seeing you.

Posted By: IainB
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 2:39pm
Im absolutley gutted for Kyle to be selling the Incubus rig Cry but, as above, im sure this is only the start of it. 
I did show the other half the advert, and she went NO! Shocked 
So glad I still have my day job to fall back on

Posted By: monkeypuzzle
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 3:23pm
Quite a few of the small arts organisations I work for will probably go to the wall, the larger hire firms that I freelance for are really worried. With lots of kit on finance and no way to keep payments what happens? 

Will it really be in the interests of the finance companies to reposes used stock that no one has the money to re purchase second hand? I remain hopeful that (as with my mortgage) lenders a) have a heart and b) realise that the best way to get the investment back is to support everyone over the short to medium term...

I try to be an optimist... Its hard... but its all I can do (apart from totally freak out at the chaos that is falling around us every now and then...)

3 hours and 33 mins so far on hold to Santander mortgage helpline...

-------------
blah blah blah blah blah......

Posted By: Digbethdave
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:14pm
I'd entertain some trs, or d&b c, and mics, 

Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Looks like we are going to see loads of quality second hand gear coming on to the market over the next six months or so as both small and large companies start trying to shift assets to make ends meet and all this will do is bring the prices crashing down as the market saturates with a glut of gear.
I really do feel sorry for a lot of you guys on here as it is always difficult in good times to earn a crust in this industry but in the present climate virtually impossible.
Anyone who has a lump of cash in the bank will be able to pick up some right bargains in readiness for when it all levels out again but in the meantime, we will all have to learn to wipe our arses with newspaper and put up with headaches due to the lack of Paracetamol.
Wouldn't it be nice if we see Ebay go bust!!!!!!!!
you'll have a barn full in no time. 

Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:33pm
No barns now Dave--I gave them up when I retired, and for the first time in my life I now have a double garage that I can actually get two cars inside.
I get to 70 years old in a couple of weeks so that puts me in the danger zone which is a good excuse to get outside to do some serious fishing as long as the weather improves---it seems like a good way of self-isolating to me.

Posted By: jacethebase
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:38pm
Businesses built on debt will be struggling now.

It’s all very well having the best new posh shinny kit on tick. And going out doing shows just to pay the finance company’s back.

When the good is good it’s good. But when it’s bad it’s terrible!

Im lucky enough to be in the position where my monthly outgoings are the rent on the unit and insurance.

Going to shut the doors up and have another look at it in May. Time spent with the kids for me :)

-------------
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com

Posted By: ceharden
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:48pm
I'm seriously considering that if it comes to it I might end up buying kit off one of my mates who runs a small hire company just so he can pay the rent on his unit etc.

Posted By: madboffin
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 9:00pm
It's not only businesses.

Since the last economic crash, the Government has been encouraging a debt-fuelled economic recovery. In other words, consumers have been buying lots of things on credit. When entire households suddenly lose their income, they won't be able to maintain the payments.

And it's all very well to offer mortgage holidays, but what about renters? Consider the following:

I know 4 young people who share a flat in London. They all work in the events industry on conferences and gigs.  One is in catering and the other three do AV/Sound for hire companies. They are all self-employed and with all current and future work now cancelled, the entire household now has zero income. Next month they won't be able to pay the rent. Or utilities bills.

The landlord is not a dodgy buy-to-letter. The flat belongs to his 80-something mother who is in a privately run care home. The rent pays the cost of her care. Will she be thrown out on the street in a couple of months time (assuming she survives that long), or will the landlord have to evict all the tenants so he can put the flat up for sale (in a crashing market) ?

Posted By: BJtheDJ
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Im absolutley gutted for Kyle to be selling the Incubus rig Cry <snip>

Advert URL please

-------------
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f

Posted By: IainB
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Advert URL please

https://facebook.com/groups/186502654849560?view=permalink&id=1574011112765367" rel="nofollow - https://facebook.com/groups/186502654849560?view=permalink&id=1574011112765367 hopefully you can see that, think that group is public

Posted By: Noyzmunky
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:12pm
its advertised on rig resale. Absolutely mad bit of kit... 50grand

-------------
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.

Posted By: bin juice24
Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:02pm
Where would be the best place to pick up used kit? 
Ta

Date Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

Advert URL please

https://facebook.com/groups/186502654849560?view=permalink&id=1574011112765367" rel="nofollow - https://facebook.com/groups/186502654849560?view=permalink&id=1574011112765367 hopefully you can see that, think that group is public

Thanx for that Iain, I really must try to remember my FB pw.

-------------
</f

Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 8:06am
Originally posted by bin juice24 bin juice24 wrote:

Where would be the best place to pick up used kit? 
Ta

Rig re-sale and all the other pro and sub pro audio sales pages on facebook will be flooded. Ebay, if it stays open, will be flooded. Basically any place you would look now, will be flooded.

There is a two stack HK projector rig, fully active and pretty damn new going for 3.5k right now. New foams, grills, just serviced and with bags.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 10:53am
Do people sell stuff on Facebook? I thought it was just smack for housewives.
I’m reluctant to open an account, is there a way of viewing the relevant pages without signing up?

Posted By: dj jammin
Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 11:17am
smack for housewives.. haha love it.. about right too

-------------
Reverence Sound system

Posted By: 4D
Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 11:20am

1x full Void Acoustics silver metallic "extra sparkle" Incubus System - the first touring system and first custom colour system as seen at Glastonbury, Dimensions & Midnight Sun festivals - £50,000 ex. VAT

Consisting of:

4x Incubus Subs

4x Hyperfold

2x Air Array (in cases)

2x Air Array touring brackets (forklift compatible)

This one is really sad to see go, but we've had our fun - 7 years of it, no less - and it's been around the world with us. In these times, we need to look at what we can move on to a new home to survive through summer, and unfortunately, the big girl is one of those things that is not essential to our business right now.

I've attached some photos of the history of this system with us, starting back in 2013 when we sneakily dropped it at the stage at Dimensions Festival without telling anyone. It's had more artists than I can count not only play on it but compliment how much fun and how close the sound was to their intention in the studio. Theo Parrish, Moodymann, Ben Klock, Mala, all the dubstep crews through Outlook, the infamous 24hr sunshine psytrance party in the arctic circle.... This system shaped me as much as I, and we, shaped it for the rest of the users around the world, and selling it is a hard choice to make.

She is in mighty fine condition for her age, with latest spec components throughout. Some minor cosmetic damage to paintwork, for which we can supply touch up kit.

More info here:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuronproaudio.co.uk%2Faudio-hire%2Fdance-music%2Fvoid-acoustics&h=AT0ULyUl0FLat00v4mZL9lKeRG8iC4WM2AGsJGPlQNrApRRQloAKJ4x2Vve5F_OfiQuSHcEz6G4aL3aYiWwF6vm0gYh7RhTn6jBAupfvGsPo2DTjO-zzy6pwrxnL9GwuqmZ-kw2UpGzVVQxyNhe2XKeCZh-1w6V9VsehB1CyuUXJle-htUxytgbgSLxSpBE" rel="nofollow - https://www.neuronproaudio.co.uk/…/dance-mus…/void-acoustics

Located in Manchester, UK, but can be shipped worldwide at buyer's expense. Also available for demo. We offer exceptional after-sales support & care to all of our customers, and this will be no different. You will be guided through using the system to it's fullest, and I will even offer a dramatically reduced day rate + travel expenses to come to you and train you and your staff in the use of the system.

We can supply amplifiers from Powersoft to run the system - we also have presets for both Powersoft K & X series, and Void Bias V and Q series to run the system if you have these amps already in stock.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158164098958142&set=pcb.1574011112765367&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARD23sUzALpS8AZ2JiL2zrYrv6L-A2KPSil0sTMju20Ywi1hg11g8vWk6G40h0yYz0lOjdO7lgaEBu_l" rel="nofollow">
Image may contain: 1 person, night
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158164099013142&set=pcb.1574011112765367&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARBwyWdtPt6XnQPfD5_UbsPJ_CwQSug_6wsurphLfqLfCcXKFmS9RZbprl86-OoJj0v0O7K8llElGYSx" rel="nofollow">
No photo description available.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158164099058142&set=pcb.1574011112765367&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARBe7JaNZS_PUmQD7nQEN7iVowjS4jWFGm5B_9xluEfWOA_zLUKbY1s3whl4mwDzeRQIWTDgWil5eoW0" rel="nofollow">
Image may contain: tree and outdoor

-------------
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"

Posted By: woody2
Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 5:58pm
Its expensive firewood at the moment.

Posted By: Bams
Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 9:21pm
I do think that when this is over for the first few years our entertainment landscape will be changed. Economy is down the drain, airlines at the verge of bankruptcy and more so: we just learned the value of keeping things small . So at last the return of the local festivals or live music in pubs instead of splashing all your money on a flight to a festival three countries further.. the speakers on sticks will earn the money even more :)

Date Posted: 19 March 2020 at 10:42pm
There won't be any cash to put on small scale events either. Millions of people will be lumbered with debts that they can't (ever) pay off. They certainly won't be spending money on entertainment!

Posted By: csg
Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 6:54am
I disagree. People will be keener than ever for social contact and good experiences once the worst passes. Yes there will be debt, but there always has been. Its now the model much of our society is built on, and many that carry that debt don’t ever expect to pay it back.
Im not down about the economic outlook at all. It may well change my business fundamentally, but in my mind thats an opportunity not a problem.
Ive always kept my operation relatively small, with flexible, personal service. Low operating costs, zero debt and a friendly personal service are going to be very attractive in the coming times.

I can see that this situation is frightening to those who are over exposed to debt or unwilling or unable to change the structure of their life or business, but my mantra has always been never to worry about those things over which i have no control and concentrate on the things you can influence for the better. Ive always found that very liberating as it frees you of much of the stress that modern life tries to push onto you.

-------------
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

Posted By: concept-10
Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 7:05am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

I disagree. People will be keener than ever for social contact and good experiences once the worst passes. Yes there will be debt, but there always has been. Its now the model much of our society is built on, and many that carry that debt don’t ever expect to pay it back.
Im not down about the economic outlook at all. It may well change my business fundamentally, but in my mind thats an opportunity not a problem.
Ive always kept my operation relatively small, with flexible, personal service. Low operating costs, zero debt and a friendly personal service are going to be very attractive in the coming times.

I can see that this situation is frightening to those who are over exposed to debt or unwilling or unable to change the structure of their life or business, but my mantra has always been never to worry about those things over which i have no control and concentrate on the things you can influence for the better. Ive always found that very liberating as it frees you of much of the stress that modern life tries to push onto you.

Totally agree, we have a small amount of work left but not much, we are lucky that we have no debt and only our workshop rent to find above our living expenses, we are worried but going to try different avenues to try and keep an income, we realise we have no control over the big picture and only control over how we react to it, good luck everyone.

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 7:11am
Kyles Incubus system is hardly a bargain at 50k, you are getting some 7 year old plywood and fiberglass boxes with some drivers in and that is all, no amps no dsp, look at it that way and this great deal falls flat, on a personal note I have never been impressed with it for what it costs, remember what the same volume of RC1 rig did to it, even adding 6 x nexus xl 21" horns to Incubus couldn't get close, £50k hmmm.

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 7:39am
As Woody2 said, its all just firewood now...unless you have a use for it. The worth in items is now what they can earn you in the future , not what you can sell them for now. Off course i sympathize greatly with those who need to liquidate assets to pay costs or service debts, but realistically of your business is built on debt it may be best to accept the situation and bale rather than fight the inevitable.

Im just waiting for 18 sound to confirm that they are on track to send out a pallet of drivers that they have building for me ( i like 16 ohm so much of my stuff is special order), paid for 6 weeks ago, so looks like I’ll actually be building the new boxes I've been designing for the last few months. It’s actually quite nice to get on with some of this stuff. I actually sat down at my bench yesterday and soldered up some new socapex - speakon patch boxes and didn’t get bothered once! Heaven...

-------------
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

Posted By: wires
Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 8:05am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Kyles Incubus system is hardly a bargain at 50k, you are getting some 7 year old plywood and fiberglass boxes with some drivers in and that is all, no amps no dsp, look at it that way and this great deal falls flat, on a personal note I have never been impressed with it for what it costs, remember what the same volume of RC1 rig did to it, even adding 6 x nexus xl 21" horns to Incubus couldn't get close, £50k hmmm.

Come on man, was there any need for that post?
You probably meant that from an honest perspective, but they are only doing what they can to stay liquid. 
I don’t know those guys well but It’s not likely they want to sell it in the first place.

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 8:16am
Sound like your in a similar position to me Chris. 

I’m currently getting a list of things to do together.

I’ve got a C7 system that I want to strip back to wood and paint with Raptor. Also thinking about doing my L’Acoustics Subs with Black raptor but unsure on that.

50+ sheets of deck to paint also.......

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 8:34am

I’m reluctant to open an account, is there a way of viewing the relevant pages without signing up?

no disrespect but mate, if you want second hand gear, be that smack or PA you really need to get yourself on the biggest social selling network ever created... reluctant to open an account. I just got whisked back to 2008 there for a moment..

Ken Hughes (shermann) is selling 4x R118s right now for 1400 I think. Perfect order, new foams Now that's some serious analogue sub for pennies on the ££. you wont find those on ebay or gumtree.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

You probably meant that from an honest perspective, but they are only doing what they can to stay liquid. 
I don’t know those guys well but It’s not likely they want to sell it in the first place.

It was not meant in any way how you are thinking, It was an honest assessment of the value of some boxes and drivers regardless of the current climate, I have never rated Incubus from a sound to cost ratio, it was not a dig at Kyle or his team in any way, I could list a lot of older kit that sounds far superior to most Viod rigs for a lot less money, if someones thinks it is a bargain and buys it then good on them, however all I did was say it's just boxes and drivers for a lot of money.

Posted By: wires
Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 10:08am

Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

It was not meant in any way how you are thinking, It was an honest assessment of the value of some boxes and drivers regardless of the current climate, I have never rated Incubus from a sound to cost ratio, it was not a dig at Kyle or his team in any way, I could list a lot of older kit that sounds far superior to most Viod rigs for a lot less money, if someones thinks it is a bargain and buys it then good on them, however all I did was say it's just boxes and drivers for a lot of money.

That’s fair, but regardless I kindly feel it’s not a needed post at this time. 
Plus with these sort of products image and presentation plays a big part in the hire return on them; a strong selling point.
Bit like RC1; if anyone else other than the actual RC1 crew used their main system would it have the same unique selling point?... most likely not.

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Noyzmunky Noyzmunky wrote:

no disrespect but mate, if you want second hand gear, be that smack or PA you really need to get yourself on the biggest social selling network ever created... reluctant to open an account. I just got whisked back to 2008 there for a moment..

Ken Hughes (shermann) is selling 4x R118s right now for 1400 I think. Perfect order, new foams Now that's some serious analogue sub for pennies on the ££. you wont find those on ebay or gumtree.

many people don't use facebook and don't want to.

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 10:38am

Event crews trying to be of service

follow this thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/peoplepowered20?fbclid=IwAR1rcpbzyx9zn_kHiEzy_zsBcmStWoTzUgEZEM6v1Sm0PLIgeHkjgrMDQo8" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/peoplepowered20?fbclid=IwAR1rcpbzyx9zn_kHiEzy_zsBcmStWoTzUgEZEM6v1Sm0PLIgeHkjgrMDQo8

Image may contain: text

-------------
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 12:46pm
Yes Jace, ive always been very cautious financially and use no finance or borrowing within the business whatsoever. I also employ only freelancers or other limited companies as subcontractors- although that decision was more due to keeping my stress levels low ( I used to be a director of a much larger company and was hence responsible for other people’s earnings and mortgages, and always found that responsibility stressful at quiet times of year) so my standing costs are literally the lease on my warehouse. Which is due for re-negotiation in 3 months...handy

I dont mean this to come across as smug, it is not, its simply always been my ethos that i dislike the principle of debt. It makes growing a business much slower of course but at least no one can knock on the door for there money or assets and in times like these that’s invaluable.

Ive even rattled off last quarters vat return ( i still run my accounts manually on excel, tried QuickBooks but found that it “disconnected “ me from how the business was functioning ) this morning, next quarters may well be zero!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

many people don't use facebook and don't want to.

Totally understandable and those people never get the opportunity to buy seriously good kit that never reaches ebay or other platforms.., many people don't like using ebay either.
You make your choice, but if you want second hand audio, staging, lighting etc kit straight from the Pro hire companies at good prices you're probably best getting on facebook marketplace. If you don't 'want' to, well that's personal choice, and your opportunities will be commensurately smaller.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 2:00pm

Yes Jace, ive always been very cautious financially and use no finance or borrowing within the business whatsoever. I also employ only freelancers or other limited companies as subcontractors- although that decision was more due to keeping my stress levels low ( I used to be a director of a much larger company and was hence responsible for other people’s earnings and mortgages, and always found that responsibility stressful at quiet times of year) so my standing costs are literally the lease on my warehouse. Which is due for re-negotiation in 3 months...handy

I dont mean this to come across as smug, it is not, its simply always been my ethos that i dislike the principle of debt. It makes growing a business much slower of course but at least no one can knock on the door for there money or assets and in times like these that’s invaluable.

Ive even rattled off last quarters vat return ( i still run my accounts manually on excel, tried QuickBooks but found that it “disconnected “ me from how the business was functioning ) this morning, next quarters may well be zero!

It’s the only way to operate Chris.

I have my VAT bill due mid May, but that’s in the separate VAT account. Do all mine via Quickbooks, bit lazy like that!

Paid all my freelancers yesterday from last months shows. So only outgoings from business account will be the rent. 

Stuffed it a little bit as I invested all my saved penny’s last month on a couple high profile items ready for the summer. Should have saved it all for the mass Facebook fire sale that’s coming.

I am going to sale off all those little items I’ve collected over the years that are just sat on pallets collecting dust, not been financially viable to waste my time on until now.

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 2:24pm
Jacethebase
Any solar 250's?

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 2:27pm

Yes Jace, ive always been very cautious financially and use no finance or borrowing within the business whatsoever...

... its simply always been my ethos that i dislike the principle of debt. It makes growing a business much slower of course but at least no one can knock on the door for there money or assets and in times like these that’s invaluable.

That's now regarded as a very old fashioned attitude but it's really the only sensible way to operate if you want to stay in business indefinitely. The idea that businesses must pursue constant growth, and borrow to achieve it, is fundamentally unsustainable. Maybe this global economic shock, coming only a decade after the bonus-driven banking crash, will change people's minds.

But I still think it will take a long time for the entertainment industry, at all levels, to recover. People will be much more cautious after being clobbered a second time so soon after the last one.

And a lot of traditional conference work will probably be gone forever if this encourages the wider use of videoconferencing.  Renting out packages (and expertise) for participants might be a good line to get into. Much better for the environment too...

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Jacethebase
Any solar 250's?

Not here I’m afraid chap, if I see any I’ll point you in the direction.

Jace

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 5:42pm

Jacethebase
Any solar 250's?

saw some on facebay last week ... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/649516982525991/" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/649516982525991/

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2020 at 8:38pm

Great post. I may try and enter the industry at the worst time. If your business can be profitable in a recession, happy days.

Posted By: fat_brstd
Date Posted: 21 March 2020 at 10:57am
On the subject of bargains, and it may well not be in the UK, but I just got 2 x CDJ850 for $650 aud which is about 300 quid at current exchange rates and about half the standard going rate for them.

Given I have put off buying CDJ's for the last 2 years due to the expense on something I will only ever use at home I am stoked with that, especially when I just sold 2 amps for a total of $630 so they only actually took $20 of liquid money.

-------------
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

http://www.facebook.com/adrians.wall" rel="nofollow - facebook page

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 23 March 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

Since the last economic crash, the Government has been encouraging a debt-fuelled economic recovery. In other words, consumers have been buying lots of things on credit. When entire households suddenly lose their income, they won't be able to maintain the payments.

And it's all very well to offer mortgage holidays, but what about renters? Consider the following:

I know 4 young people who share a flat in London. They all work in the events industry on conferences and gigs.  One is in catering and the other three do AV/Sound for hire companies. They are all self-employed and with all current and future work now cancelled, the entire household now has zero income. Next month they won't be able to pay the rent. Or utilities bills.

The landlord is not a dodgy buy-to-letter. The flat belongs to his 80-something mother who is in a privately run care home. The rent pays the cost of her care. Will she be thrown out on the street in a couple of months time (assuming she survives that long), or will the landlord have to evict all the tenants so he can put the flat up for sale (in a crashing market) ?

Doesn't it pass on down the line? Their ret is frozen, her rent is frozen, care home gets 80% of paye for staff. Not ideal I know.

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 23 March 2020 at 9:51pm
My business has always been kept small and agile. Thankfully no debt either. I'll be spending it servicing bits and bobs and selling off a few little things. I do need more amps tho.

Posted By: woody2
Date Posted: 23 March 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

no it hasn't.

labour fuelled the debt economy-

Date Posted: 24 March 2020 at 6:55am
That graph only looks like that because credit became harder to get after the crash, it wiuld look a lot worse if credit was as easy.

Posted By: godathunder
Date Posted: 24 March 2020 at 10:44am

Jacethebase
Any solar 250's?

Ive got quite a few wheels, lenses, motors etc

drop me a pm if theyre of interest and Ill try to sort out a list and some photos

-------------
LOUDER THAN LOUD

Posted By: monkeypuzzle
Date Posted: 24 March 2020 at 12:28pm
I’d certainly be interested. I have 4 solars here and no accessories since I lent them to a mate and their van got nicked. Pm me. I ain’t got much cash as you’d imagine but it’d be good to know what I might be able to get.

-------------
blah blah blah blah blah......

Posted By: GAZ.
Date Posted: 24 March 2020 at 2:02pm
I could do with some solar 250 focus lenses, all mine have melted inside. Obviously others have first dibs though

-------------
100% Earth Moving Bass

Posted By: aziz
Date Posted: 24 March 2020 at 5:19pm
I've some solar 250s sitting somewhere in the lockup,will try to dig them out and stick them up here if someone wants them

Posted By: norty303
Date Posted: 27 March 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

since I lent them to a mate and their van got nicked

That's obviously a 'thing'
I lost a load that way too.

Reading this has made me start thinking about liquidating my Opti stuff..... but I'm not sure I'm ready 'just' yet

-------------
My laser stuff: http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems" rel="nofollow - Frikkin Lasers

Date Posted: 27 March 2020 at 2:04pm
well.. thats a hard choice.. at the moment it still fetches crazy prices but i allready see pricing of hifi gear crashing down in a few days. 

Posted By: DJ-Dulux
Date Posted: 27 March 2020 at 8:17pm
Just been on eBay, looking for good condition analogue mixer, load of good stuff at rediculously low prices....

Dupe...

-------------
Dupe...

Posted By: dymondaudio
Date Posted: 08 April 2020 at 7:17pm

my mantra has always been never to worry about those things over which i have no control and concentrate on the things you can influence for the better. Ive always found that very liberating as it frees you of much of the stress that modern life tries to push onto you.

Amen to that, scary times but we have to look up and forward.

-------------
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid

Posted By: fat_brstd
Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:40pm
Bargain of the week, 8 x JBL 2402H bullets in mint condition, used for 6 months in 1997 then put into storage for the next 23 years for the paltry sum of $25 Aussie each (approx 13 quid each). All tested working and they came fitted to metal plates with ball mounts on them for fixing to truss. Biggest bargain on drivers I have had in a long long time.

-------------
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

http://www.facebook.com/adrians.wall" rel="nofollow - facebook page

Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:11pm
I bought a broken Analoge Way Pulse 200 for £150

Fixed in in approx 30 mins :)

Happy with that!

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Posted By: dnbpc
Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:49pm
Biggest lockdown bargain I've had so far was a Matrix STR1200 for the whole of £15.

Doing a nice of job of running my hifi setup now.

-------------
Pick & Mix Soundsystem

Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:51pm
Anyone got THL 828s for sale?

Preferably unloaded, but will take loaded for right price.

Must not be in Timbuktu.

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 3:14pm
I’ve bought two jbl 4530s with beyma 15g300s for 200 euro. Not a great bargain bur half the price they went for a year ago. 

Posted By: msoundsystem
Date Posted: 15 May 2020 at 5:49pm
Got another vz5000 fully working £450. Great condition too Big smile

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:52pm
just picked up some mint jbl 2402's for 50 euros. the seller wanted 20 for them but as i'm going to sell them on to fund an amplifier, and he also was funding a guitar but was a bit afraid of selling on the internet i couldn't get myself to pay less. now we both are very happy.. 

Posted By: midas
Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:11pm
Oof, this is going to be super tough. realistically can anyone see normality returning within the next 12 months?

I would bet it will be next summer at the earliest before there are public events. Any this year if aloud will be a bloody nightmare to manage. I am very surprised people are getting as much as they are for a lot of gear selling at the minute. Big set ups are just dead money.

-------------
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:23pm
12 months could well be right. Who knows. I guess someone up high will have to weigh up the impossible question of when the cure becomes worse than the disease. Not something I would envy anyone having to do.

I’ve already removed all my second hand sales and have also made the decision not to scour for bargains. Although i did pick up a nice restoration project in the shape of a pair of Nexo MSI-V MK2’s and TD controller this week, but i guess thats ok as I paid a fair price for them and they are very much a non commercial project ( i just like old nexo kit and they will go nicely with my mint PC212’s in the vintage collection! )

Had an invite last week to bid in a large fire sale for a very large lighting company, just the first of many I should imagine 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Bams Bams wrote:

just picked up some mint jbl 2402's for 50 euros. the seller wanted 20 for them but as i'm going to sell them on to fund an amplifier, and he also was funding a guitar but was a bit afraid of selling on the internet i couldn't get myself to pay less. now we both are very happy.. 

You did well there.  There's a used pair on eBay right now at £299.99 plus p&p

-------------
</f

Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:39pm
I am trying my best not to spend money. Not going too well.....

I also got a firesale list on friday, there was a few Amplifiers on there that caught my eye but I feel there will be a better deal to be had in a month or so.

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 16 May 2020 at 11:27pm
i am having spending issues. Govt furlough lump has just accelerated things LOL. My storage is getting a hammering. Not just PA, garden is full of goodies, vans been loaded with all the accessories a van has never needed etc etc.

HUGE blessing i've had in this whole situation is my low overhead living situation. No credit, buy everything outright, live in a cheap rental which although small, is clean modern and comfortable. Whilst it's disappointing my years saving plan has gone to pot, i'm also blessed to have been sensible! Hell, i just renewed my van insurance and for the first time ever, paid the year in one go.

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:28am
Congratulations Pat--You are one of the few people in the UK that is living within their means as the vast majority are up to their eyes in debt and worry.
I lost everything including my house and businesses when I was 35 years old due to a very messy divorce and finding myself penniless and trying to bring up a 12 year old daughter was not a pleasant experience but it did teach me a lot about money and personal finances.
I managed to drag myself back on to the life treadmill and now have a nice retirement lifestyle at seventy years old with zero debts, nice cars, beautiful holiday home, no credit cards (just debit card) and being able to afford anything that I need,but it has been a long hard slog to get here.
I have found that if you have a lump of cash or some money in the bank then it will always stand you in good stead in this day and age--especially at the moment.

Posted By: odc04r
Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:05am
It's the only way to live if you can. We try to run the same way, apart from the mortgage there is zero debt and healthy savings. Earlier this year I was mulling moving a portion to various investment options but decided to hold tight and I don't regret that right now. See what's going on next year instead.

Best thing I ever did finance wise was tracking every purchase out of the "house" account which ofc deals with all bills and cost of living every month and building an annual forecast of what's needed in and out to save. Even with the bills of a family it stands us in excellent stead, takes all the guessing away.

Wish I could go back and persuade my 20 year old self of the merits Smile

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:09am
Did anyone else see those MA H3's that sold for £450 for the 4...

I have no need for PA gear at the minute and would have still bought them had I been earlier.

-------------

Posted By: spongebob
Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 12:01pm
they looked like abit of a project mind, i'd be expecting to replace most of the drivers

Posted By: citizensc
Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

I have no need for PA gear at the minute and would have still bought them had I been earlier.

I wish I lived in the UK, the used market here is a bit silly, everyone thinks they are sitting on gold 

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:08pm
That is very true. There was a pile of junk up for sale at £1000 and apparently sold, I wouldn't have let my dog cock his leg on them...

Anyone buying large quantities of PA gear at them moment is bonkers, or they have plenty of money and storage without the need of income.

-------------

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by citizensc citizensc wrote:

Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

I wish I lived in the UK, the used market here is a bit silly, everyone thinks they are sitting on gold 

i dunno, whilst its dire now, its not like the markets gone, more delayed. Yes large outdoor festivals won't be back until next year, but that's expected - lets be honest, festivals don't pay the bills. All the corporate stuff, weddings, conferences, etc which i was involved with are largely rescheduled for the winter when normally life is quiet. Venues i'm involved with are fully stocked with shows soon as they are clear to go ahead. Its just a waiting game, survival of the fittest. Some of the cowboy operations will flop and hopefully we will be left with a market ready to roll.

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:24pm
Those H3's had blown drivers and or crossovers. Also were listed as spares or repairs.

Plus H3's poor man wavefront, Although they are Ok it would be impossible to own them and not wish they were W8.

-------------

www.stage2sound.com

Date Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Best thing I ever did finance wise was tracking every purchase out of the "house" account which ofc deals with all bills and cost of living every month and building an annual forecast of what's needed in and out to save. Even with the bills of a family it stands us in excellent stead, takes all the guessing away.

That's the way to do it. I've been doing exactly that for over 25 years.

If you can use Excel or the LibreOffice equivalent, it's not difficult to run a complete cashflow plan for personal / domestic finances.

Posted By: stanley dj
Date Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:29am
any one  looking  for funktion one res 2  ?  have 2 original  cabs   and 2 cloned cabs  with original drivers 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net