Print Page | Close Window

Admark K30

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Amp Forum
Forum Description: The 'Stopping Jake Fielder moaning constantly' forum description...
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=105978
Printed Date: 19 March 2024 at 4:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Admark K30
Posted By: Elliot Thompson
Subject: Admark K30
Date Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:30pm

Anyone using this amplifier? I am thinking of picking one up in Mid March to use for low midrange (Yes, low midrange) within the  500 Hz - 50 Hz range. It appears to have a lot of praise on Youtube over the CVR 3002. Based on Admark's advertised voltage rails, the amplifier should offer a minimum of 2140 watts per channel RMS (continuous average power) @ 4 ohms (Eliminating all burst rating Marketing propaganda aside). I would rather a QSC PL 6.0 Series II. But, they are becoming very rare to find and, I can buy two K 30's for the price of one QSC PL 380.

For those who have not heard of the Admark K 30, click on the linj below...

https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/k30-class-d-rack-power-amplifier-2-channel.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/k30-class-d-rack-power-amplifier-2-channel.html

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Replies:
Posted By: dlyxover
Date Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:41pm
They look interesting.

-------------
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth

Date Posted: 04 January 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

They look interesting.

A gentleman gave a thorough listening review on the this amplifier..

Honestly, I may pick up the CVR in the near future for a tweeter amplifier. LOL 

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: Conanski
Date Posted: 06 January 2021 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

LOL.. Or a WMD level rodent extermination device. Nuke

I'm liking the 4ch models, would make for a nice lightweight solution to power a whole stack. 
One of the things mentioned in the videos was the life expectancy of these mega power amplifiers, he seems to think 3 years was all one could expect to get based on the amount of waste heat generated. I get that but in general anything class D operates a lot cooler than a class AB linear amp ever did so is this really a concern, or is it because electronic component quality is such an unknown these days. 

Date Posted: 06 January 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

LOL.. Or a WMD level rodent extermination device. Nuke

I'm liking the 4ch models, would make for a nice lightweight solution to power a whole stack. 
One of the things mentioned in the videos was the life expectancy of these mega power amplifiers, he seems to think 3 years was all one could expect to get based on the amount of waste heat generated. I get that but in general anything class D operates a lot cooler than a class AB linear amp ever did so is this really a concern, or is it because electronic component quality is such an unknown these days. 

I drive four Faital Pro 3FE25 on a Peavey PV 2600. So I tend feed my speakers a minimum of 4 times their rated power. LOL

At the moment I am feeding my Tweeters (JBL 2404) a QSC which, delivers 1200 watts per channel @ 4 ohms RMS. So the additional 3 dB of headroom (RMS) moving  from the QSC towards CVR would be plus as far as I am concerned. I may just borrow one in advance to hear if the CVR offers the same fidelity as the QSC on high frequencies.

I would imagine the life expectancy mentioned by the gentlemen in regards to the amplifier, is due to how ragged he sees the amplifier will be used in the foreseeable future. The few Class D Amplifiers I own are approaching the 6 year mark and, are not showing any signs malfunctioning. However, the days of me operating at 2 ohms per channel have left me like the 1990's. So even my old Class A/B amplifiers are operating Luke-warm throughout the events.  

Nevertheless, the K 30 should work well with my QSCs for low-mid applications. Unless something catastrophic (manufacture defect) occurs with this model between now and time of purchase, I should be buying the K 30 in Mid-March.  

Best Regards,     

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: U.Viktor
Date Posted: 06 January 2021 at 12:47pm
Chinese companies have never been good in Class-D amplifier making, show me one reliable, proper construction and good sounding which at least nears its specifications in power.
Even most famous European (or USA) models are not very good in every aspects..
It looks a single half bridge (lossy & noisy) Class-D probably with massive heat dissipation due large switching losses.
I see a single LC filtered output because of one inductor only per channel configuration which leaving large part of the carrier superimposed onto the output signal :-(

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 06 January 2021 at 1:54pm
I watched that video and whoever thinks he can conclude anything by watching it is full of sh*t.
Out of those amps i would definitely get the Elements Audio one. Not just because we are also using that amp but because after sale support is excellent. Unfortunately for you Elliot, no 110V variant.
Unlike the rest of them where you get the amp and good luck servicing it when you need it.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Date Posted: 06 January 2021 at 3:52pm

I hear what many are saying which, is why, time will tell.

Bear in mind, unlike many users, my amplifiers (in this day in age) rarely see anything above -10 dB below clip. This is due to using multiple amounts of amplifiers being fed the same signal. So none of my amplifiers are ever stressed.  I ran through that stage of running my amplifiers ragged in the 1990's and always wanted to move away from such a operation scheme as the repairs were too much for my taste.  

The unfortunate side of such a setup leads to a greater amount of power management (running 100-A feeds to stay below the NEC 5% code). The bulk of my amplifiers are Crowns. No amplifier will pull current on demand in the States like the old Iron-Core Crown Amplifiers. The only reason their Class I draws less, is due to having the ability go into "Sleep Mode" automatically while idling from my user experience.

But, all in all, I really don't care how much current is needed on demand for I feel the pros outweighs the cons.

Attaining 240 volts (It would be more to wards 250 volts for I live in a Metropolitan area) is not an issue. I would not even consider looking at any amplifier that markets their output ratings that falls within the ten of thousands of watts to operate properly on a 120-volt line source with limited current capacity.

The Elements Audio gets a good amount of praise. However, for it to be used as one out of 5 amplifiers for low mids in a chain, on a very easy load of 4 ohms per channel in which, the amplifier may not even see -10 dB before clip, I cannot justify myself on making such an investment and, having the amplifier imported to the States. It would cost me cheaper to buy a used QSC PL 380 on eBay. I can get the K30 for the half the price of a used QSC PL 380 on eBay.

The amplifier just needs to have the ability to deliver 2000 - 2500 watts per channel @ 4 ohms. I am more than certain the K30 with 185-volt rails should not have an issue of delivering that.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: Conanski
Date Posted: 07 January 2021 at 1:43am

I drive four Faital Pro 3FE25 on a Peavey PV 2600. So I tend feed my speakers a minimum of 4 times their rated power. LOL

Well no you are not, at -10dB the drivers are seeing 45w each which is right about at their max rating.

At the moment I am feeding my Tweeters (JBL 2404) a QSC which, delivers 1200 watts per channel @ 4 ohms RMS. So the additional 3 dB of headroom (RMS) moving  from the QSC towards CVR would be plus as far as I am concerned.
Again 10dB down is 120w. 

Headroom is good I agree there, amplifiers sound and perform much better when they are running comfortably within their linear range, but once you already have a good amount(like 10db) of unused headroom I don't see more making any difference. However.. with high frequencies in particular I think the amplifier in use can have an effect, subtle differences can be heard in a back to back comparison but it's not related to headroom it's related to the topology and design of the amp and it's frequency response. Yes they are all supposed to be flat but they are not, class D amps suffer the most here with the low pass filter used to eliminate switching noise while conventional designs could have a response extending out to 100khz which means the audible part is ruler flat. 

Date Posted: 07 January 2021 at 8:38am
My friends here in Hungary cooked out some new compact power supply circuit that would offer same power and efficiency on 230V or 115V however I have not seen it yet, in a product. Probably due the current market situation.

Date Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:14am

What you mentioned in regards to the gradual high frequency roll-off with Class D amplifiers based on the load is something I forgot about. I recall in 2014 measuring the Peavey IPR2 7500 frequency bandwidth in which, the high frequencies began rolling off with no load far below its maximum output rating.

That eliminates the CVR for high frequencies. At least I know based on my measurements and ears, QSC amplifiers do not suffer from high frequency degradation. At least the non-class D amplifiers I own.

I've had issues with mixers in which, its origins are 230 volts and, offer a switch-mode power supply that can automatically step-down to 115 volts. It would be foolhardy on my behalf to expect trouble free performance following the same principal on an amplifier.   

Nevertheless, if no bad incidents are being tossed about on the Internet in regards to the K 30, I should have one in my possession by mid-March.  

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 07 January 2021 at 11:33am
Most of pre-filter feedback Class-D have the unpredictable mid and high characteristics. Unfortunately many of them have "flat frequency response" on RESISTORS but become very ugly on SPEAKERS. Those IPR Peavey has the same.
Even JBL active boxes use such cheap pre-filter circuit bulit around IRSxx self-oscillating drivers, Behringers (now LAB gruppen..) use the same. It may work with a dedicated set of speakers, after a ~year of tuning of parameters :-D but I can not even say how bad it is on universal type of applications, where various different spekaers driving.

Date Posted: 07 January 2021 at 6:49pm
If you want excellent HF performance from a D class amp, you should try the PKN. 

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Posted By: M4trix
Date Posted: 08 January 2021 at 10:27pm
Quote:

Be able to work in stereo,paraleel and bridge mode.

How can you trust a company that has such errors/mistakes on their website !? Tongue

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:58am
I am content with the QSC playing ultra high frequencies. It was more to wards a possibility of seeking the CVR (Class D amplifier) 3002 for tweeters.

Not a bit concerned about typographical errors for, Admark did not build the amplifier. Admark just branded their name on the amplifier. Once you are looking to buy quantity, there is an option to add your company name on the amplifier.

I am buying directly from the source in March.

Best Regards,  

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: djhrh
Date Posted: 30 September 2021 at 8:46am
So, does anyone own the admark yet? Give us a review!!

Posted By: djxcel
Date Posted: 22 January 2022 at 7:26pm
Check Out These 2 Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhHi5U-c6DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1APaYy8YHyg

Date Posted: 22 January 2022 at 7:40pm
All i understood from these two videos is that all amps works and plays some tone.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Posted By: T Willy
Date Posted: 08 February 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by djhrh djhrh wrote:

I have one on order now. Ad42. Will be here mid/late March.

Posted By: Justus_Jonas
Date Posted: 03 June 2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

Originally posted by djhrh djhrh wrote:

I have one on order now. Ad42. Will be here mid/late March.

@T Williy

any updates/experience with the ordered ad42?

Regards

Date Posted: 03 June 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Justus_Jonas Justus_Jonas wrote:

@T Willy

any updates/experience with the ordered ad42?

Regards

Yes, absolutely! It has been nothing short of fantastic! More then enough power for my needs. Hasn't skipped a beat as well. I'm using it at 4 ohms parallel to run 4- PFX C2e Silver formulas. The PFC is excellent as well. It doesn't miss or cut out when ran off a generator either. Highly recommended! In fact, i'm most likely going to sell my m50q later on this fall and pick up the matching k420 for my mids and highs.

Posted By: taurusty
Date Posted: 29 June 2022 at 6:24pm
Good Afternoon,
Any developments, Elliott?

Looking to purchase Admarks new K /AD 430  (3KWx4 ch)
Anyone in here tried it yet?

Posted By: snowflake
Date Posted: 29 June 2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

Good Afternoon,
Any developments, Elliott?

Looking to purchase Admarks new K /AD 430  (3KWx4 ch)
Anyone in here tried it yet?

same format as the 2kW*4ch version. photos show they have the same number and same rating capacitors. same number of output devices so must be a lot more power going through each one.

Date Posted: 29 June 2022 at 8:39pm
this page is interesting as it compares two of their high power 2 channel models giving some differences and similarities of components:
https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/www-admarksound-com.html" rel="nofollow - China K35 Class-D Rack Power Amplifier-2 Channel Manufacturers, Suppliers - Made in China - ADmark (admarksound.com)

Date Posted: 29 June 2022 at 9:05pm
Well, if that's  the case, I don't trust it, Snowflake!
Am I the only one uncomfortable with the number of new models Admark puts out, compared to CVR/Morin? Their K 30, K35 and AD 42 models are essentially the same w a 10USD difference,  but power claims are hugely different.

Date Posted: 29 June 2022 at 10:31pm

Am I the only one uncomfortable with the number of new models Admark puts out, compared to CVR/Morin? Their K 30, K35 and AD 42 models are essentially the same w a 10USD difference,  but power claims are hugely different.

I think Admark OEM the amps for CVR and Morin.

Date Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:13am

Admark has become very popular in which, they are capitalizing on it. The differential in terms of output of the K30 versus AD42 is a mere 1.85 dB gain @ 4 ohms per channel. Those that must have the most powerful amplifier Admark offers will buy it.

The 4-channel version of the K30 would consume around 60 A (240-V) to 120 A (120-V) all channels driven at 4 ohms per channel (continuous average power). I doubt it would be possible to achieve the output it claims offering the same footprint (chassis, power cord, etc.) in a 1 rack space unit. The current demand alone would be the biggest challenge for the majority. It would make sense to just buy two units and distribute the power amongst two circuits than trying to achieve that type of power on one circuit.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: lickweed
Date Posted: 01 July 2022 at 10:46pm
who makes them?
Admark or Morin?

-------------
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/

Date Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:32pm
I always heard they were Morin amps rebadged.
However the many iterations Admark has would lend credence to Snow Flake's statement...

Posted By: lickweed
Date Posted: 02 July 2022 at 8:34am
new 430  , is only available from admark.

-------------
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/

Date Posted: 04 July 2022 at 11:27am
I will be picking up a K420 within the Autumn season to power four double tens for mids. It will definitely be the Morin and not Admark. As I mentioned in the previous K30 On The Bench review, I cannot justify paying twice the shipping rate in which, I would be subjected to buying the Admark over the Morin.

Best Regards, 

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 04 July 2022 at 2:24pm

I always heard they were Morin amps rebadged.
However the many iterations Admark has would lend credence to Snow Flake's statement...

I don't know for sure. It's also possible that one company has licensed the design to the other and there is more than one factory producing amplifiers of same design. the cvr and morin amps I have don't look like they have come off the same production line - differences in a few components but also lots of small differences in assembly - glues, chassis screws etc.

Date Posted: 15 July 2022 at 1:12am
Morin builds in house as with Admark. You would be surprised what people will say when they have something to sell. No company can claim their designs are originals as the amplifier is China's modified version of Powersoft. 

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: splodge360
Date Posted: 15 July 2022 at 11:54am
Cvr and sinbosen use a large output boards with the capacitors local for each chanel, and a small powersupply board, whereas the morin/ admark uses a smaller output boards, and a massive powersupply board to drive  both chanels. Don't know which will better for long term reliability yet!

-------------
LineArrayHire

Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 15 July 2022 at 12:29pm

Morin builds in house as with Admark. You would be surprised what people will say when they have something to sell. No company can claim their designs are originals as the amplifier is China's modified version of Powersoft. 

Best Regards,

When you say modified, does this mean "modified for cheaper production, using cheaper parts" ?

As I have seen Powersoft K20 draw 34A @ 240V, driving 2x 8 ohm drivers per channel.

This suggests to me an extremely well built and designed amplifier, and anything built to cheaper price, would obviously  not be built to same standard.

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Date Posted: 15 July 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by splodge360 splodge360 wrote:

Cvr and sinbosen use a large output boards with the capacitors local for each chanel, and a small powersupply board, whereas the morin/ admark uses a smaller output boards, and a massive powersupply board to drive  both chanels. Don't know which will better for long term reliability yet!

I had missed that the sinbosen d series are the same design as well (they also do a k series which is different internally). all four companies produce amps that are identical in layout. most obvious difference is the size of the capacitors on the output boards.

Date Posted: 16 July 2022 at 4:19am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Best Regards,

When you say modified, does this mean "modified for cheaper production, using cheaper parts" ?

As I have seen Powersoft K20 draw 34A @ 240V, driving 2x 8 ohm drivers per channel.

This suggests to me an extremely well built and designed amplifier, and anything built to cheaper price, would obviously  not be built to same standard.

The Powesoft K Series is around 20 years old. It is old technology. Components that were considered new and innovative 20 years ago, are now old and passé. China is also the most dominating market in electronics globally. Reverse engineering is their strongest point. So they know how to build things in a cost effective manner while giving stellar results.

Admark, CVR and, Morin has proven themselves to be very reliable amplifiers for years due to using modern components in addition to fixing the short falls of amplifiers that were made 20 years ago.

Class D has matured. And the amplifiers made in china today is the end result of that maturity. This is inevitable for the first transistors that replaced tubes in the 1960's were far from robust in terms of reliability.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 16 July 2022 at 1:31pm

The Powesoft K Series is around 20 years old. It is old technology. Components that were considered new and innovative 20 years ago, are now old and passé. China is also the most dominating market in electronics globally. Reverse engineering is their strongest point. So they know how to build things in a cost effective manner while giving stellar results.

Admark, CVR and, Morin has proven themselves to be very reliable amplifiers for years due to using modern components in addition to fixing the short falls of amplifiers that were made 20 years ago.

Class D has matured. And the amplifiers made in china today is the end result of that maturity. This is inevitable for the first transistors that replaced tubes in the 1960's were far from robust in terms of reliability.

Best Regards,

That all sounds very plausible.

Would also make life easier, if I look for 1U China Digital amp, for driving 1x 4 ohm driver per channel.

I'm a headroom geek, so would be looking for rating of approx 4kw per channel at 4 ohms, which should translate into a reliable 2kwpc, 40h-100hz.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 July 2022 at 5:12pm
[TUBE] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeR3Y1sfazY&t=8s%29%5b" rel="nofollow - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeR3Y1sfazY&t=8s%29[ /TUBE]
You can't beat a good revenge video, if someone else thinks one amp sounds slightly different to another!

-------------
LineArrayHire

Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 1:57am

Best Regards,

That all sounds very plausible.

Would also make life easier, if I look for 1U China Digital amp, for driving 1x 4 ohm driver per channel.

I'm a headroom geek, so would be looking for rating of approx 4kw per chchen annel at 4 ohms, which should translate into a reliable 2kwpc, 40h-100hz.

More like 3400  - 4000 watts per channel continuous average @ 4 ohms per channel (K 30) pending on hard you want to drive it into clipping. You should get a little under 3000 watts per channel nearly -1 dB before clipping @ 40 Hz(sinusoidal wave) for around 3 minutes without the amplifier going into thermal shutdown...

We are living in times that power is so cheap, there is no reason to not to have an abundance of amplifiers in your rack that can deliver a minimum of 2000 watts per channel @ 4 ohms continuous average.

Best Regards, 

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 9:31am

More like 3400  - 4000 watts per channel continuous average @ 4 ohms per channel (K 30) pending on hard you want to drive it into clipping. You should get a little under 3000 watts per channel nearly -1 dB before clipping @ 40 Hz(sinusoidal wave) for around 3 minutes without the amplifier going into thermal shutdown...

We are living in times that power is so cheap, there is no reason to not to have an abundance of amplifiers in your rack that can deliver a minimum of 2000 watts per channel @ 4 ohms continuous average.

Best Regards, 

Elliot,

Do you think, with this amplifier, having huge amounts of headroom, due to only using 1x 1000W driver per channel, would increase audible/perceived sub "warmth" ?

To my ears, QSC PL380 "sub" sound quality, was superior to Crown MA3600VZ/MA5000VZ, so I know it is possible for Class D amps, to replicate sub extension/warm of Macrotechs, given sufficient headroom.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 2:26pm

Best Regards, 

Elliot,

Do you think, with this amplifier, having huge amounts of headroom, due to only using 1x 1000W driver per channel, would increase audible/perceived sub "warmth" ?

To my ears, QSC PL380 "sub" sound quality, was superior to Crown MA3600VZ/MA5000VZ, so I know it is possible for Class D amps, to replicate sub extension/warm of Macrotechs, given sufficient headroom.

These amplifiers are very clean sounding with power. Unless you are going to insert some means of processing that has a good means of degradation, the K30 will offer tonal differences unlike the QSC at certain frequencies. This is why, I use the K30 on JBLs (more warmth) while the QSC is driving Electro-voice (less warmth) playing frequencies from 500 Hz – 35 Hz. Despite the drivers are sitting in identical enclosures.

I can't say I have ever heard an amplifier offering different brand names delivering identical tonal characteristics playing music no matter how close I match the output voltage using a sine wave and a volt meter. If you are very critical to tonal differences, you are going to be scrambling between brands based on what sounds pleasing to you. The K30 sounds closer to QSC than the old Macro-techs (it sounds nothing like Macro-techs on bass) but, it does not sound identical to QSC.

QSC was my choice for bass amplifiers in terms of tonality when I used to use Scoops nearly 30 years ago. However, once I moved over to reflex cabinets, Crowns offered the sound I was seeking as they have no problem going down to those sub-low frequencies. So I moved my QSC amplifiers to low mids and, use the Crowns (and at times Peaveys) for subs.

There are a lot of variables that goes far beyond the amplifier's footprint on the musical signal. Loudspeakers (TS Parameters), Enclosures and of course, music material will determine whether the amplifier will meet your musical taste or not. The most you could do is carry the QSC PL 380 to someone using the K30 on their sound system to determine if it will meet up to your requirements. It will also determine if you are being too critical as you will have a second opinion on the tonality of the bass comparing both amplifiers.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 2:47pm

There are a lot of variables that goes far beyond the amplifier's footprint on the musical signal. Loudspeakers (TS Parameters), Enclosures and of course, music material will determine whether the amplifier will meet your musical taste or not. The most you could do is carry the QSC PL 380 to someone using the K30 on their sound system to determine if it will meet up to your requirements. It will also determine if you are being too critical as you will have a second opinion on the tonality of the bass comparing both amplifiers.

The difference I found between Macrotech and PL380, was not sub depth, was actual sound quality. PL380 just sounded more appealing  and smoother, similar to a Crest CA18.

Have already sold the PL380s, so may compare the K30 to a Void Infinite 8 MK2, as that provides depth and sound quality at power. (If drivers can handle the power)

-------------

Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 6:37pm
Here is comparison between the Admark AD 42 and the Powersoft K20. If you are listening through a computer using sizeable speakers, you will hear the tonal characteristics amongst the two. As you use the Powersoft K20 often, it should give you an idea the tone these new amplifiers offer.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: Sypa
Date Posted: 18 July 2022 at 7:05pm
Ahh the old watch the bottle method !

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Ahh the old watch the bottle method !

May not be very scientific, and doesn't include mics at 1M, and signal generators..

But listening through headphones, tells me all I need to know..

I have no intention of running 4x 21s, from 1x Cheap Chinese amp, but the fact it compared decently with K20, says a lot.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 3:32pm

Bottles vibrating on surfaces outdoors and car alarms triggering due to the intensity of the air pressure buildup within the surrounding area are unbiased. They don't carry feelings like very emotional people.

Admark, CVR, Morin and Sibosen amplifiers are what the now generation (Gen-Z) sound system provider are buying on the underground scene. Only the old sound system provider (Millennials and older) will be sporting Powersoft, Lab Gruppen, QSC and, Crown amplifiers in their racks.

There are some old sound system providers that will buy these modern day amplifiers (adding them to their inventory) due to their price -vs- performance ratio. These old sound system providers want to continue to make money acquiring new, younger, clients. The sound the now generation are seeking is not the same sound the older sound system provider liked when they were in their 20's. So the older sound system provider must be willing to adapt or find themselves getting hired only by the older generation wanting to rekindle their teenage years to 20's listening to old music.

Best Regards,   

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 3:47pm
I believe in the phrase "to each their own"
Ive been using an AD42 on 4-18" Sb Audience drivers for a few months now. The amplifier has been rock solid, tonal quality is acceptable, and for the value it really cannot be beat. Shortly we will be trying one using 8 of the SB Audience drivers. All loaded into PFX C2E enclosures. That will be the real test as i have easily 50% headroom when running just 4 of them.
And to top it off, Daniel Lau (the sales guy from Admark), is extremely responsive and helpful thru whatsapp. Out of the 20 or so Admark amps running through people i know, 1 has had a small issue with a display. Daniel took care of it immediately and had them up and running before the next gig.
So their customer service is speaking volumes on top of the reliability of the amplifiers.  

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 4:03pm
Im not opposed to using any amplifier regardless of where it is built. Something that fits my needs and price point. There is a huge mantra surrounding Chinese made goods. But they are just like us. Common folks trying to make a living off of something they love to do. I can read the passion Daniel has when communicating with him. He's extremely polite and very detail orientated. If that Admark amp was produced outside of China, im sure there wouldnt be nearly the concern or hesitation that there is. Not all goods produced in China are bad. Just need to weed through alot more junk then normal.

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 4:29pm
I'm looking to try used Admark K35 or AD42.

If anyone has unit in UK for sale, let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:01pm

You should just buy it direct from Alibaba. Anyone who is selling it locally is going to charge you more to make their money back with profit. 

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:11pm

You should just buy it direct from Alibaba. Anyone who is selling it locally is going to charge you more to make their money back with profit. 

Best Regards,

I wouldn't buy it new, as I don't see it as an investment.

Also, I am really hearing conflicting stories on the Admark amps.

Many have bought new, and are testing with 2x21s per side, and happy so far..

1x Mate says he has heard of many stories world wide, of amps going down instantly, if  HPF < 40hz is used..

Worth trying used unit to test, in my  books.

Have been offered used K35 already for £550 GBP.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:34pm
I'd rather get one with full warranty than save a few quid. especially if you are going to rinse it <40Hz to see what it is capable of. that said I haven't needed to try to make a warranty claim from a chinese company yet - has anyone done so without problems?

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:46pm

Best Regards,

1x Mate says he has heard of many stories world wide, of amps going down instantly, if  HPF < 40hz is used..

One thing I've never done is go by what others heard when it comes to amplifiers. Better off asking the owners as they can tell you what is really taking place. The price offered is around $40.00 (US) less than buying a brand new amplifier.  

I don't know... Maybe I am more willing to take risks than others. For that price, the seller should allow you to try it for one day to see if it is worth £550.  

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

I'd rather get one with full warranty than save a few quid. especially if you are going to rinse it <40Hz to see what it is capable of. that said I haven't needed to try to make a warranty claim from a chinese company yet - has anyone done so without problems?

Been told by person who used to import these units, and sell them on, warranty is next to useless.

E.g. Amp blows, then:

• You need to send internal pics/video of board,
  • They send you replacement board,
  • You pay for board to be fitted

Maybe normal for Chinese imported amps, not exactly what I expect from a warranty.

These things are much cheaper than Powersoft, so I don't expect same level of after care.

I'm only using 1x driver per channel, but if amp cannot handle 35hz hpf, with that load, is no good to me.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 3:01pm

Been told by person who used to import these units, and sell them on, warranty is next to useless.

E.g. Amp blows, then:

• You need to send internal pics/video of board,
  • They send you replacement board,
  • You pay for board to be fitted

Maybe normal for Chinese imported amps, not exactly what I expect from a warranty.

These things are much cheaper than Powersoft, so I don't expect same level of after care.

I'm only using 1x driver per channel, but if amp cannot handle 35hz hpf, with that load, is no good to me.

I gather the boards can be bought for ~£250. If they send one out free based on photographic evidence then fine. the construction of the amps are such that the boards can easily be replaced with nothing more than a screwdriver. Makes more sense than shipping entire amp to china and back again. Even if the company paid for this it would be reflected in much higher purchase price.

It would be reassuring if they had a UK distributor to do warranty repairs though. I have seen a few people trying to import them to various Western countries but as rebadged products at very high mark-ups.

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 3:56pm

It would be reassuring if they had a UK distributor to do warranty repairs though. I have seen a few people trying to import them to various Western countries but as rebadged products at very high mark-ups.

In UK as well..

-------------

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 4:02pm
The American guy Wasi is selling what look to be admark amps. He describes them as "assembled in the usa". I haven't studied it but it looks like he might be changing a few components in them before he sells them.

Date Posted: 22 July 2022 at 12:52am
Just got a BNOB AD 430 Admark.
Will advise anon...

Date Posted: 22 July 2022 at 5:47pm
Just got a morin k420, came with an intresting sticker on the lid

-------------
LineArrayHire

Date Posted: 25 July 2022 at 1:49am

Are you planning to connect it to an oscilloscope?

Best Regards, 

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 26 July 2022 at 8:18pm
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone has been feeding you ridiculous information. I could see this happening with one of the 4 channels if driven into clipping under 40hz, but definitely not from the 2 channels. The 4 channel amps are not designed for subwoofer duty. The lack of filtering capacitance is what dictates this.
I have ran my ad42 below 40hz at full tilt already without a single issue. Many of times.

EDIT: And just for reference, My HPF is set to 24.5hz with 18db BW

Date Posted: 26 July 2022 at 8:41pm

Best Regards, 
My guess is, as they share the same mono/ Bridge switch No3, that the input to amp chanel on b (and d) is balance phase reversed internally on the input side, and the hot output going to the 1- pin, and the natural return going to the 1+ pin of speakon b/d. All works  OK, but could be confusing if using a test meter on the speakon out. Admark wired up the same?

-------------
LineArrayHire

Date Posted: 26 July 2022 at 10:43pm

Best Regards, 
My guess is, as they share the same mono/ Bridge switch No3, that the input to amp chanel on b (and d) is balance phase reversed internally on the input side, and the hot output going to the 1- pin, and the natural return going to the 1+ pin of speakon b/d. All works  OK, but could be confusing if using a test meter on the speakon out. Admark wired up the same?

I would imagine the sticker is a safety precaution. Oscilloscopes are known for damaging themselves or the equipment being measured when they are wired incorrectly. 

I own the Morin not Admark. My K30 offers the same sticker as well. Multi-meters will either show a negative sign when wired incorrectly or some chaotic figure that won't stabilize. You won't be able to damage the amplifier using a Multi-meter to measure the amplifier's output voltage. 

Best Regards,   

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 27 July 2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

Someone has been feeding you ridiculous information. I could see this happening with one of the 4 channels if driven into clipping under 40hz, but definitely not from the 2 channels. The 4 channel amps are not designed for subwoofer duty. The lack of filtering capacitance is what dictates this.
I have ran my ad42 below 40hz at full tilt already without a single issue. Many of times.

EDIT: And just for reference, My LPF is set to 24.5hz with 18db BW

This is one time, where -ve feedback from someone, about China amp, has not dampened my interest.

I know of many, many, people impressed by the power for the price.

As I said in previous post, I would buy used 2x channel, at right price, as for my intended application, that would be well worth risk.

So, anyone here with preference/greater experience, with either Admark or Morin 2x channel on sub !?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 August 2022 at 2:37pm

Just got a BNOB AD 430 Admark.
Will advise anon...

So how is the Admark AD 430 coming along? I see there are other brands offering the same amplifier on Alibaba. I was planning to buy the K 420 to power some tens. However, the price I am seeing for the 430 that does not carry the Admark logo, I might just buy the 430 instead to have even more headroom at my disposal.

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 13 August 2022 at 3:40pm
Morning Elliott. 
I had received both a 430 and an AD 42. Latter is getting v popular here. Definitely more power in both. As pertains to the 430, I use it for Lo Mid in a 4 way top. Def more headroom than the CVR D2004 I used previously and the lower parts are more distinct.
Will report further anon...

Date Posted: 13 August 2022 at 3:44pm
Oh, Glad to report that 4r usage is taking on in this country finally. Xtacy has 6 AD 42 in 3 columns,  and both Wizzard ( CVR D 3002) and Interceptor ( AD 42) had 6 amps on 3 columns in the recent 12 and festival in MoBay last week.
Interceptor had the best bass there IMO and some even say they won overall

Date Posted: 13 August 2022 at 5:14pm

Morning Elliott. 
I had received both a 430 and an AD 42. Latter is getting v popular here. Definitely more power in both. As pertains to the 430, I use it for Lo Mid in a 4 way top. Def more headroom than the CVR D2004 I used previously and the lower parts are more distinct.
Will report further anon...

Good to hear! I will get the 430 as I want to use it for mids powering 8 tens. I am seeing a lot of AD42's popping up all over in parts of Jamaica and the States. It appears the AD42 will become the standard on the underground scene.

Best Regards, 

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 15 August 2022 at 2:05am

Oh, Glad to report that 4r usage is taking on in this country finally. Xtacy has 6 AD 42 in 3 columns,  and both Wizzard ( CVR D 3002) and Interceptor ( AD 42) had 6 amps on 3 columns in the recent 12 and festival in MoBay last week.
Interceptor had the best bass there IMO and some even say they won overall

It is good to hear many are understanding the benefits of using 4 ohms per channel. All the excuses using 2 ohms  per channel are pretty much non-existent in this day and age. Technology has moved too far ahead for the user to focus on 2 ohms per channel anymore

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Date Posted: 20 September 2022 at 10:48am
So, any feedback from UK based owners, of Admark K30 !?

Didn't hear anything about people using them at NHC 2022, which is little strange.

-------------

Posted By: Pasi
Date Posted: 20 September 2022 at 5:46pm
What's the price point of these amps?

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:00am
i had a quote last week from factory direct for the ad42 inc shipping and import as £840 all in 

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:00pm
I'm considering 2nd most "powerful option", for 1x 4 ohm driver per side.

Bur then, even 2x for £1800, is far cheaper than used Powersoft K20.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:03pm
Think K30, 35 and AD 42 need to be tested by that group member. Personally don't  think AD 42 is much more powerful than other two given the price difference  between them.

Posted By: csg
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:08pm

Perhaps factor in retained value and re-sale value when looking at equipment costs.
You can buy a used K20 today that has basically done it’s depreciation, use it for a year or two and sell it for more or less what you paid.
What is the retained value in equipment that is not serviced by the manufacturer, has no major market demand and is effectively a door stop when it goes pop?

-------------
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

Posted By: Esc4pe
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Perhaps factor in retained value and re-sale value when looking at equipment costs.
You can buy a used K20 today that has basically done it’s depreciation, use it for a year or two and sell it for more or less what you paid.
What is the retained value in equipment that is not serviced by the manufacturer, has no major market demand and is effectively a door stop when it goes pop?

Every China special amp I see go up for sale used in the UK seems to sell for more than what they actually cost direct from supplier LOL I think people are just trying to avoid oversea shipping I am not sure, it’s a strange arrangement for sure haha! If they are to go bang though you are completely right then

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 1:36pm

these amps are all modular with a power supply board and two output boards. think it's about £150 for a new board and is very easy to fit.

Posted By: kipman725
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 2:50pm
got a quote on AD430 of 865USD, 160USD shipping.  K410 585USD (presume shipping is the same).  Big datasheet numbers! the most interesting test to me would be long term maximum output with all 4 channels loaded (something 1u amps struggle with due to heat).

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

got a quote on AD430 of 865USD, 160USD shipping.  K410 585USD (presume shipping is the same).  Big datasheet numbers! the most interesting test to me would be long term maximum output with all 4 channels loaded (something 1u amps struggle with due to heat).

As long as you remember, 4x channel lightweights, are not designed for sub on all channels.

Not even the illustrious X8.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:05pm
eh I bet it would be fine with a 'real' 4 ohm load (which is reactive and has loads of peaks spending very little of the range down at Re) and 'musical' content (IE not just a sine wave).  4ch amps are great for sub arrays.

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:10pm
Be intresting to measure/ listen to two chan 4k amps, and  also the 4 chan 4k amps, output cards are the same, but powersupply board much bigger, so guessing the two chan would put out more sustained bass energy  then the 4  version can
I use mine bi amped so bass top split across the 4, never all 4 handling just one duty, and only into 4 ohms, so nothing gets hot

-------------
LineArrayHire

Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:35pm
actually I would revise my opinion a bit if its as weak as the X4, I think that needed something like 14dB crest factor to be capable of full output in the long term in the production partner review.  Plenty of non sub things load the channels with in our systems though.

Posted By: csg
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 3:40pm
Thats all good.
Will boards still be available in a few years time? My experience with Chinese manufacture is they are always after the next big thing and ling term supply is difficult 

-------------
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 21 September 2022 at 9:23pm

actually I would revise my opinion a bit if its as weak as the X4, I think that needed something like 14dB crest factor to be capable of full output in the long term in the production partner review.  Plenty of non sub things load the channels with in our systems though.

Production Partner test with 12 dB Crest Factor pink noise, as per the AES standard, as well as sinus bursts.

Before anyone shows off some tunes with a CF of 6-8 dB in the low frequencies, they should generate a 6 dB CF broadband pink noise stimulus & apply a 30 Hz 4th order high pass filter and 100 Hz 4th order low pass filter IIR EQ to it in a DAW. Then use a VST to analyse the resulting CF

Date Posted: 22 September 2022 at 12:17pm
I just re-read and yes 12dB... defo wouldn't want to put a sub anywhere near that amp ha.  Any idea if the X8 is much better? (more airflow)

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 22 September 2022 at 2:53pm

I just re-read and yes 12dB... defo wouldn't want to put a sub anywhere near that amp ha.  Any idea if the X8 is much better? (more airflow)

Are you sure? Its got enough power for most dual-18 reflex, especially when sensibly loaded across the channels so the power sharing feature kicks in. I can burn almost any modern 18" on the planet with an X4, despite it 'only' offering 540 Watts continuous per channel long-term when all four channels are loaded. This is clear when you look at a driver's delta Tv values from their Klippel LSI data

The X8 is better than the X4 due to having bigger fans & intake vents - you get more time of spanking it before the thermal management kicks in. Still best practice is to load it asymmetrically, but we often run subs off all 8 channels and don't find it lacking.

I've shown this elsewhere because it keeps coming up; the highest ranking 4-channel lightweight in that category is the Linea 44M20 at ~920 Watts, but this translates to a little over a decibel more output in reality once power compression is factored in.

Likewise, these are continuous output values; music is dynamic, and 5,000 Watts+ for peaks is what you actually need to play it well.

Date Posted: 22 September 2022 at 3:42pm
I agree that dynamic headroom is a priority over sine wave power but the X4 seems to have taken it to an extreme.  I don't have personal experience with these amps so its good to hear that in the real world that they work fine. The PP review gave me the impression that an X4 run near full output would sound like a server farm and become thermally limited during a show when loaded 2/4ohm. 

Saying that I was designing my own sub amp at the beginning of lockdown that took the concept of dynamic headroom even further.  The concept was to use a constant current supply to charge a capacitor bank and escew isolation of the power stage (inputs isolated instead amplifier would be a plate amp).  This capacitor bank would provide the DC bus for a subwoofer amplifier using a look ahead limiter.  I did a basic https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSmKTo5u6oo83Q-BVaqwnoZUD7UoiopM/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow - feasibility analysis using a kick drum sample filtered to sub bandwidth.  From this analysis I see that I'm hitting peaks of >10kW with an average power of  1.32 kW.  Applying this ratio to the long term all channel output power of the X4 @4ohm of 528W I get 4kW which is above the rated power at 4ohm.  I would conclude that the X4 would actually be fine with this kick drum sample loading all 4 channels with subs as the long term power limitations would not be exceeded before the amplifiers clipped.

What I would like to see are tests like this:
https://data-bass.ipbhost.com/topic/917-robs-amp-tests/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-21756

Posted By: concept-10
Date Posted: 22 September 2022 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

Every China special amp I see go up for sale used in the UK seems to sell for more than what they actually cost direct from supplier LOL I think people are just trying to avoid oversea shipping I am not sure, it’s a strange arrangement for sure haha! If they are to go bang though you are completely right then

Not the case at all, one of our bought direct CVR 2002s went pop, the soft start went bang wrecking the board, one e-mail later and a whole new module arrived at the door ten days after it went bang totally free of charge, we have two PKNs that have been back at the factory for a couple of months with no idea when we will get them back.

Posted By: Esc4pe
Date Posted: 23 September 2022 at 9:36am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

Not the case at all, one of our bought direct CVR 2002s went pop, the soft start went bang wrecking the board, one e-mail later and a whole new module arrived at the door ten days after it went bang totally free of charge, we have two PKNs that have been back at the factory for a couple of months with no idea when we will get them back.

Impressive, I have a couple that i just accepted the fate of should they go wrong they were at a lower price point anyway. But I that’s good to hear! Hopefully CVR don’t push out a load of new releases like some of the other brands as might be a different story then.

And yeah I’ve had pals in very similar situations with PKN even prior to covid and brexit

Posted By: Earplug
Date Posted: 23 September 2022 at 12:23pm
I haven't bought any of the latest (Chinese) lightweights - but did buy a load of heavyweights a few years ago. I made sure that they also provided several replacement modules for the amps.

In the end, the amps proved to be very reliable and the modules are still unused, but I would never had bought unless the modules were available. Better safe than sorry.  Smile

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Posted By: concept-10
Date Posted: 23 September 2022 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

I haven't bought any of the latest (Chinese) lightweights - but did buy a load of heavyweights a few years ago. I made sure that they also provided several replacement modules for the amps.

In the end, the amps proved to be very reliable and the modules are still unused, but I would never had bought unless the modules were available. Better safe than sorry.  Smile

Which heavy weights did you buy ?

Posted By: valve head777
Date Posted: 23 September 2022 at 9:35pm

). 

I wouldn't mind knowing too, having taken ownership of something called a ca80. It looks well built, but I'm unsure of whether the components are fakes (njw output transistors). The company (Aimeek) seems to communicate well.

-------------
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.

Date Posted: 24 September 2022 at 3:32am

Think K30, 35 and AD 42 need to be tested by that group member. Personally don't  think AD 42 is much more powerful than other two given the price difference  between them.

There won't be a significant audible difference in terms of dB output. However, if you want to brag that you have the most powerful amplifier, the AD 42 wins. 

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: Earplug
Date Posted: 24 September 2022 at 8:44am

These:-

http://www.pro001.com/mall/show.php?itemid=23954" rel="nofollow - http://www.pro001.com/mall/show.php?itemid=23954

And a couple of the "lighter" EX-1000:-

http://www.pro001.com/mall/show.php?itemid=23948" rel="nofollow - http://www.pro001.com/mall/show.php?itemid=23948

I sold most on, but still have 2 of the 3400's working regularly. Definitely a solidly built amp.

CA18 transformer??

Spare module:-  Smile

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Posted By: RAveriss
Date Posted: 17 October 2022 at 6:55pm
So what are your thoughts on this amp? Thinking of buying a couple myself. Thanks

Posted By: teeth
Date Posted: 17 October 2022 at 7:52pm
hi, not sure if you'll find it useful, but i made a spreadsheet for the paraflex group on fb listing all the chinese amps out there - thought it would be handy for comparison.

never got round to finishing it but here it is anyway

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Dsf3QfAWpwP3k2TRustJ9nPgoIoXSpiPHkFz6yKUP4/edit#gid=0" rel="nofollow - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Dsf3QfAWpwP3k2TRustJ9nPgoIoXSpiPHkFz6yKUP4/edit#gid=0

Date Posted: 17 October 2022 at 11:37pm
Nice.

Made one as well a few years ago however, offered the rail voltage. More revealing when you add the dB differential in the equation. Would need to search my drives to locate if interested.

Best Regards, 

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Posted By: WildKiller223
Date Posted: 16 November 2022 at 10:41am
Hello Elliot! 
I dont know if you posted it yet, or I just couldnt find it.
Anyway its been some time since you tested the K30, hows it holding up?
Any faults, problems yet? Im asking because im considering buying one
Thanks in advance!

Date Posted: 16 November 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by WildKiller223 WildKiller223 wrote:

Hello Elliot! 
I dont know if you posted it yet, or I just couldnt find it.
Anyway its been some time since you tested the K30, hows it holding up?
Any faults, problems yet? Im asking because im considering buying one
Thanks in advance!

Zero issues as it is approaching two years in service. 

Here is the review:

https://forum.speakerplans.com/k30-amplifier-on-the-bench_topic106291.html" rel="nofollow - https://forum.speakerplans.com/k30-amplifier-on-the-bench_topic106291.html

Popularity seems to be minimum in Europe, in comparison to the United States and, the Caribbean. 

Best Regards,

-------------
Elliot Thompson

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net