Forum Description: One scoop or two ;-)
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=107196
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 3:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 1850 upgrade
Posted By: kilowattsounds
Subject: 1850 upgrade
Date Posted: 07 July 2022 at 12:00pm
Hi all looking at a few suggestions as an alternative to pd1850 your views would be greatly appreciated 😊 

-------------
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home - my facebook page

Replies:
Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 07 July 2022 at 10:50pm
All depends on your cabs, and what will fit, and which amps you have, sir.

18NLW9601, is defacto upgrade, but no point, unless you have real 2kw to put in each driver.

Also too deep for many 1850 Scoops.

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Posted By: APSUS
Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 3:56am
Are any sounds using the 18NLW9601? Has anyone heard them in person. 

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 10:00am
The b and c sw115 is one of the best drivers in have heard for ages was in some deep chamber scoops but the power and low notes were something else ,but again a deep driver

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Posted By: fatfreddiescat
Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 2:41pm
Precision Devices PD.1845-1N has very similar T/S specs to the B&C SW115 and is less expensive, may be worth a look.

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by APSUS APSUS wrote:

Are any sounds using the 18NLW9601? Has anyone heard them in person. 
Some do use it :)

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

Precision Devices PD.1845-1N has very similar T/S specs to the B&C SW115 and is less expensive, may be worth a look.

By all reports sound good.

But it's followers, hate to accept, the lower BL, is a consideration, not to be ignored..

-------------

Posted By: fatfreddiescat
Date Posted: 09 July 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

By all reports sound good.

But it's followers, hate to accept, the lower BL, is a consideration, not to be ignored..
True it has a lower BL but motor force compared to mms is marginally better for th PD. One heading my way to try out, good to hear that they sound 👍

Date Posted: 12 July 2022 at 8:44am
Luckily, I designed my Lev .44 Scoops, to be optimal for PD1852, and other similar modern drivers..

So PD1850 is not all that in my Scoop, but the PD1852, PD1851 and even 18NLW9601, really smash in them.

Sure the big boy B&C would as well, but I'm not enlarging cutout in my cabs, to try them.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2022 at 12:05pm
Come to think of it, at least 1x well known UK Roots system upgraded from 1850s in their small chamber ASS Scoops, to PD1852s, and apparently sound very impressive, when they bridged CA18, per pair of cabs.

-------------

Posted By: djkeet
Date Posted: 12 July 2022 at 8:19pm
Actually there as been some good reviews on the PD 1845 but its specs are more closer to B&C 18DS100,which also requires a bit of room, out of all them NEO's you will get away with a 9601 with ease (with shims or cut out baffle) if its the design I think you have, try finding one them (9601)2 hand gold dust never heard of any sound system blowing them, construction is also good. B&C SW115 is also good musical driver. PD 1852 would prob drop straight into your cab without having to cut out more of your baffle. To get a more clear idea ask (P) to run some of these drivers in HR (Horn response) and see what comes out ideally with the amount of money involved you could do with someone also measuring the impedance curve of your scoop/driver and finally real worl testing if poss. By having as much info you will be in a better position to make a decision.

-------------
Soundbite

Posted By: kilowattsounds
Date Posted: 13 July 2022 at 11:06pm
Many thanks guys some excellent points .....I did try the 1852 & yes impressive but always good to consider all options 

-------------
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home - my facebook page

Date Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by djkeet djkeet wrote:

out of all them NEO's you will get away with a 9601 with ease (with shims or cut out baffle) if its the design I think you have, try finding one them (9601)2 hand gold dust never heard of any sound system blowing them, construction is also good.

Looks like even new they might be gold dust !!!

My Bristol connection for 18sound says out of stock !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 July 2022 at 1:48am

out of all them NEO's you will get away with a 9601 with ease (with shims or cut out baffle) if its the design I think you have, try finding one them (9601)2 hand gold dust never heard of any sound system blowing them, construction is also good.

I have 96 on stock.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 19 July 2022 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I have 96 on stock.

That's it I'm just going to say Marjan has all the 9601 baskets cause he's are all custom

-------------
Soundbite

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:20am
Not custom. We use the standard 9601 :) 
I waited over 5 months to get them. 

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:52am

OK Ive got it wrong mixed up with the amps you used before, did you have the 4Ohm version of these first? So it looks like they dont hold stock back order biz niz is this due in part to the Pandemic and the war in Europe or are they still working it out with B&C?

-------------
Soundbite

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:05pm
There are alternative drivers to the 50 but if you want an upgrade/more power then the scoops will also need changing so then it becomes a much bigger task of getting the right box and driver combo.  All the higher power drivers need deeper chamber larger throat. Surprised 50 isnt all that in your scoop lev as the best ive personally played 50s in full scoops were 2 different scoops designed by different builders both made for 52s. 

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

There are alternative drivers to the 50 but if you want an upgrade/more power then the scoops will also need changing so then it becomes a much bigger task of getting the right box and driver combo.  All the higher power drivers need deeper chamber larger throat. Surprised 50 isnt all that in your scoop lev as the best ive personally played 50s in full scoops were 2 different scoops designed by different builders both made for 52s. 

When '52s were only prototypes, and  Marlon/Hangar Lane crew/Kutty, where the only guys with them, Marlon detailed to me exactly how the '52s played in their S118s, compared to the '50s.

This, and the parameters for the prototype '52, I got off Kutty, gave me the insight, for drawing up my box.

I knew beloved 1850 and V18-1000, would not be optimal in my new box, but '52 would be. Rest is history.

-------------

Posted By: APSUS
Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 5:24pm
Has anyone heard Hytal Bosrah lately? 

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 20 July 2022 at 10:37pm
Not for a gd couple years now

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 24 July 2022 at 8:12pm

OK Ive got it wrong mixed up with the amps you used before, did you have the 4Ohm version of these first? So it looks like they dont hold stock back order biz niz is this due in part to the Pandemic and the war in Europe or are they still working it out with B&C?

Manufacturers never keep stock. It is always built per order. Distributors keep stock. But i guess that is all very disrupten after the pandemic.
We used some of the 4ohm version too. But not anymore for quite some years now.
We used customized 18NLW9600 at the start. That is the one that later got the 9601 model name as standard and 9600 was discontinued due to problems with the cone ripping off.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 31 July 2022 at 11:22am
We used customized 18NLW9600 at the start. That is the one that later got the 9601 model name as standard and 9600 was discontinued due to problems with the cone ripping off.

[/QUOTE]

Yes that makes sense to me now

-------------
Soundbite

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net