Print Page | Close Window

Amp recs

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Amp Forum
Forum Description: The 'Stopping Jake Fielder moaning constantly' forum description...
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=107903
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 11:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Amp recs
Posted By: D_S
Subject: Amp recs
Date Posted: 23 May 2023 at 3:26pm
Looking for an amp that sounds same as powersoft k10/20. Doesnt need to have as much power, already have k10/20 and admark ad42, looking for something different, don't want x. Thinking XTA/MC2,Lab,Linea Research, any other thoughts? No chinese amps please.

Replies:
Posted By: teeth
Date Posted: 23 May 2023 at 4:14pm
have you considered PKN? iirc similar topology, i'm probably wrong though.
they are good amps.

Date Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:59pm
Considered PKN but decided not to. Just want to add this is for 2 ohm.

Date Posted: 24 May 2023 at 5:57pm
No one? I'm sure many of you have experience with the amps I've mentioned, please do post your opinions, which amp sounds like a K20.

Posted By: midas
Date Posted: 25 May 2023 at 5:58pm
Why discount the pkn? The 10k will give good power.

-------------
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 25 May 2023 at 8:44pm
cos he said he needs 2 ohm usability? (i like pkn a lot but they're generally not built with 2ohm use in mind)

Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:27pm
Not looking for maximum power but sound thats like a powersoft k10. And yes I need to use this at 2 ohm, on the PKN website many products are unavailable.

Posted By: midas
Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 7:21pm
The 10k is 2 x 3600 at 2 ohm. 

-------------
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 8:45pm
The pkn sounds alot nicer than the k10. K10 has more power but they sound nothing alike. 

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 26 May 2023 at 8:57pm
I'm not sure about nicer but reading I surmised that the PKN and K are quite different. That is why I left the PKN out. I am also considering FFA despite mixed reports, some people are saying it sounds like a K but I don't have anyway to verify this. Since sound is subjective and theres no way for me to test them all out I am trying to gather information to make a guess and hope I am right, that's really my only choice.

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:53am
have never noticed much talk about the mc2 delta 120 on here. would like to hear more experiences of it..

Date Posted: 27 May 2023 at 5:20pm
I am considering the Delta 120 over the 100, I thought that it might be an evolution of the E90 but was told it is actually a new design.

Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 3:34pm
I've narrowed it down to the MC2 Delta 120 and FFA-10000, been reading many of the older posts here and I'd like to thank all of them for their posts (though it was 10 years ago), so if anyone has any input on which of these two is more like a K10 then I'd really appreciate the information.

Posted By: Sypa
Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 6:16pm
I think neither sound like a k10 tbh , didn't hear the biggest delta on sub tho but I think the FFA is a fair bit looser sounding or warmer if you wish. 

Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

I think neither sound like a k10 tbh , didn't hear the biggest delta on sub tho but I think the FFA is a fair bit looser sounding or warmer if you wish. 

Hi, thanks for posting. Do you mean the FFA is looser/warmer than the K10 or the Delta?

I also gathered that probably neither sound exactly like a K10 but was wondering which one is closer?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net