Print Page | Close Window

Soundsystem Set Up, Start To Finish.

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Newbie Discussion
Forum Description: Newbie Discussion/Questions. Look less stupid here...
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38811
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 8:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Soundsystem Set Up, Start To Finish.
Posted By: SOS
Subject: Soundsystem Set Up, Start To Finish.
Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 9:50pm
Alright guys & girls...
Me & a few mates have plucked up some money and are looking to invest in well... a soundsystem.
We have 2x CDJ1000s, mixer & amp.

That's it Cry
We need everything else to get a party started....
Any advice on what to get? ( cheap but a crystal sound )

I'll be honest; none of us really know an awful lot about it, but it's what we love & what we want to do so any advice will be a great help.

Thanks
J. Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: RUS
Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 9:55pm
welcome sos

a start would be to tell us what amp and mixer you have.

and how much you have to spend on the rest.

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by RUS RUS wrote:

welcome sos

a start would be to tell us what amp and mixer you have.

and how much you have to spend on the rest.

Cheers,

Not too sure what the amp is; About 600w though & Mixer: Pioneer DJM600

Got £600 so far, but could possible squeeze a bit more out if needs be.

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:22pm
when you can find out what amp you have we can tell you the watts it puts out.

also what do you want this system for. eg. indoor. outdoor. amount of people. ?

Smile

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:30pm

when you can find out what amp you have we can tell you the watts it puts out.

also what do you want this system for. eg. indoor. outdoor. amount of people. ?

Smile

All i know is it's a wharfedale & it gives out approx 600w

Looking for indoor & outdoor, neither imparticular...
400+ people. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:40pm
i would sugest you find out exactly what model it is.! as this will help me/people suggest what speakers might suit it.

also thats new on me i never knew wharfdale made amps. Shocked

well a lot of people suggest reflex for inside and horn enclosures for outside.

it really does depend on how cheap you can get your drivers for.

do you want to buy new or secondhand drivers. ?

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:42pm

i would sugest you find out exactly what model it is.! as this will help me/people suggest what speakers might suit it.

also thats new on me i never knew wharfdale made amps. Shocked

well a lot of people suggest reflex for inside and horn enclosures for outside.

it really does depend on how cheap you can get your drivers for.

do you want to buy new or secondhand drivers. ?

I don't think new ones are in the price range Cry
Just want a nice juicy set up for indoor & outdoor parties at a lovely price Big smile

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:49pm
dont we all mate. LOL

one thing that is important i forgot to ask is do you want to build the cabs yourself or just buy made ones. ?

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 11:08pm
What do you intend to do with the system? If it's free parties, you might want to avoid calling the rig SOS because there's already a system called that, albeit down south.

Being honest, you won't get a lot for £600 even if you go for second hand active gear.

Posted By: phildat
Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 11:24pm
Alrite SOS. If i were you i would try and source a second hand behringer ep2500 and a second hand pair of JBL jrx 125s. They double 15 inch speakers with a comp. driver. That set up will give you and your mates a good 1.5k of full range goodness with 2 boxes...and with a bit of eq the JBLs sound great... You should have change from 600 easily imo. Dont forget to budget for a generator too if you plan to head to the countryside...and a bit of tarp to keep it all dry. Fair play to ya and good luck. Keep us posted with what you decide on.  BTW if you look in the feedback forum section there is a 7 page thread om the JBLs....general consensus is they good speakers for the price...certainly good enough for what your thinking i reckon.. 

-------------
Its just a ride.

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:08am
If you want the chance to hear JBL JRX125s first go to Jabez Clegg in Manc and go to the second room upstairs. But take it with a pinch of salt, that system has far too much bitey top end.

Posted By: backlash
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:03am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

What do you intend to do with the system? If it's free parties, you might want to avoid calling the rig SOS because there's already a system called that, albeit down south.

Being honest, you won't get a lot for £600 even if you go for second hand active gear.

Yep, TMAL's rig - lots of ASS kit.

-------------
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

http://www.truesoundhire.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - Sound Hire

Posted By: AUDIO HABIT
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:16pm
you got no chance with £600 for 400 people...you could put a ok rig together for lets say 200 people max.....something like a berry ep2500  (like someone already said) for a bass amp,you can pick them up from £100/£150,then look out for 2 punishers or 1850 horn there is plenty of them going around manchester,you can pick them up from £200?£250 ish each if your lucky,and then some second hand  tops that you could power with your waf amp jbl or something like that .then you will need a crossover and cables so your looking at more like £700/£800..but your not far off dude, you can make a lot of noise for £800 if you use your head....you will have to consider moving everything about cos you will soon fill a car up with just one 1850 horn lol  

and =1 on the Genny and covering for outdoor stuff ..hope this helps

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If you want the chance to hear JBL JRX125s first go to Jabez Clegg in Manc and go to the second room upstairs. But take it with a pinch of salt, that system has far too much bitey top end.

Been there & heard them mate.
Sound nice Tongue

Posted By: sKs01
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:50pm
I agree with audio habit on a lot of what he's said.
The DIY option would be to see if you can find a load of (4 minimum) second hand 15/18"drivers in the for sale forum on the cheap (you'll need to find ones with appropriate T/s peramiters) and design a ported horn around them, this will need a fair amount of knowledge and expertise though and would be something to think about after spending a significant amount of time looking over the relevant forums, and learning a bit of hornresp, though theirs plenty of people willing and able to help out designing speakers (myself included) but it will be about as cheap as you can make enough bass to do that number of people.

-------------
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

Posted By: TmanG
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:50pm
My two cents would be to go for a c-mark mr2650 instead of a berry ep2500 a lot more bang for your buck and pretty damn solid too with decent speaker protection, you can pick them up for about the same price as an ep2500 normally.

Posted By: adamski1010
Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:24pm
Sorry to thread hijack but, SOS, i've got a pair of nice JRX125s for sale for a good price.  Shoot me a PM if your interested!

Cheers
Adam

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net