CONNECTORS
2*Neutrik NL4

FITTNGS
12*M10 threaded inserts,4* pocket handle
DIMENSIONS
(W)1066mm*(H)560mm*(D)780mm
WEIGHT
77.5kg

Come now chaps, how many of you have got these?

10" driver & Phase bung is probably pants, but do you think 15" horn is right?

-------------
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".

Replies:
Posted By: studio45
Date Posted: 20 August 2010 at 10:15pm
No, there aren't any ports on it. Look either side of HF horn on genuine H3.

-------------
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Posted By: darkmatter
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 11:39am
Which suggests they didn't even bother buying and cutting up the original to copy properly - poor effortLOL

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 3:43pm
The photos are deliberately poor copies, what you actually get is identical to the real thing and can even be loaded with the original b&c drivers. Mykey has seen them first hand for a start.

Posted By: studio45
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 3:49pm
Still though, on principle, these should not be brought into the UK. For the Far East markets and other places with high import taxes, perhaps they can be...almost...justified. But IMO not for UK buyers, who should support Martin, or buy something else that's not about awful, dishonest copyright infringement.

-------------
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Posted By: levyte357
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Still though, on principle, these should not be brought into the UK. For the Far East markets and other places with high import taxes, perhaps they can be...almost...justified. But IMO not for UK buyers, who should support Martin, or buy something else that's not about awful, dishonest copyright infringement.

Unfortunately many large Manufacturers also copy working designs,manufacture them in China for peanuts, and sell them in the west for huge profit.

Compare Crown XLS5000, Phonic XP5000 and the original design QSC 5050.

-------------

Posted By: Edd Jordan
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 8:30pm
how can they get away with it.

-------------
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.

Posted By: Pasi
Date Posted: 22 August 2010 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Edd Jordan Edd Jordan wrote:

how can they get away with it.

It is China. Quite easily. It is time consuming and expensive to take legal actions and results are unclear. If you manage to stop one, next one comes in. Only way to really fight this is stop buying those boxes, but that is pretty much impossible.

Only way to control this somewhat is to make copying next to impossible. Of course box itself is easy to copy, but making sure that you either make you own drivers or make sure that they are not stock items from OEM manufacturer is first step. After that integrating systems as much as possible in fro example Nexo or D&B way. You can't run their systems without proper electronics. It comes too expensive to copy those and technically it is next to impossible if system is properly designed.

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:02am
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

I wasn't condoning them, far from it - I just wanted to make it clear how far the copies of these go.

Posted By: levyte357
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:18am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The photos are deliberately poor copies, what you actually get is identical to the real thing and can even be loaded with the original b&c drivers. Mykey has seen them first hand for a start.

So why do the copies not have ports?

-------------

Posted By: Bm!
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

So why do the copies not have ports?

They do just not in pic.

The photos are deliberately poor copies, what you actually get is identical to the real thing.

Posted By: mykey-
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 10:45am
.......and because China have now got a B&C Distributor, you can now order martin brother with Martin Audio drivers

.....OOOOPPSS!!  

-------------
BbbBBRAAAAPppBBBBbgushhhhhhhhssshhhhhGrAbRAAAAAAPPPPPp = Dubstep

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 11:06am
Hmm. This starts to make sense. Of course economic situation is what it is worldwide, but Martin Audio had 50% drop in their turnover from 2008 to 2009... 

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 11:10am
however if you do import them you are liable for prosecution. its like downloading a movie, you may not be the one that copied it but you can still get a fine.

Posted By: shagnasty
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Bm! Bm! wrote:

however if you do import them you are liable for prosecution. its like downloading a movie, you may not be the one that copied it but you can still get a fine.

Is this true?
I would have assumed as long as the box is never passed off as a Martin Audio box there would be no problem with owning and or using it.

The box won't be a perfect copy, they never are, so if it came to a court case Martin (who probably have better things to do) would have to demonstrate that your box was in fact a copy of their's and the slight difference would be enough to say it is a similar design but not a copy.

I know Turbosound alledgedly chainsawed a load of counterfit boxes back in the day, but I belive they also had title to the boxes at the time they cut them up!!!

Smile

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:27pm
IIRC i read somewhere that martin dont actually patent their designs. There was a talk once about all they had to do is change screw sizes for it to be passed off as a different design - don't know how much truth there is in these claims tho.

However if it is patented, they are still copying the design, and not even trying to change the look of it - so if martin wanted to they could potentially find a loophole and press charges against people.

when it comes down to it its a case of who has more money to pay lawyers with.. martin audio or your average dj?

Posted By: kedwardsleisure
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:32pm
Any uk company importing these would almost certainly have a date with Martin in court.

-------------
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Posted By: nomis
Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:43pm
wouldnt it be better to buy one,and copy it yourself,if you were that way inclined?

-------------
all that glitters is not gold

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by nomis nomis wrote:

wouldnt it be better to buy one,and copy it yourself,if you were that way inclined?

People don't for the same reason most people don't grow their own vedge, its easier to pop to the supermarket.

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 12:48pm

Actually, downloading a film is not a criminal or civil offence. Distrubuting them, however, is another matter. It's only that the nature of the majority of popular sources of downloaded material is peer-to-peer and sharing is inherent (Soulseek, BitTorrent, etc) so you often upload as well as download.

I deal with this stuff day in day out and not once has there been a copyright infringement notice specifically for downloading.

Anyways, enough offtopic stuff

In this case it's not really a case of copyright, but patent infringement if they did want to pursue it and stand a chance of winning.

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:32pm

ahh right, i always thought it was being in possession of illegal copied material. 

Date Posted: 23 August 2010 at 1:52pm

ahh right, i always thought it was being in possession of illegal copied material. 

Copied material itself is not illegal, full stop - the definition of piracy is the distribution of copied media.

If you're ever gonna download anything, it's well worth knowing your rights.

Posted By: Alan Johnson Sound
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:20am
This really sickens me to be honest.

Martin are the ones pouring money into research and what are they having to show from it....Turnover has been shot completely.

This is the sort of thing that's putting companies such as Martin into the ground.

I wonder is their anything Martins parent company can do about this?

-------------
http://www.alanjohnsonsound.com
http://www.facebook.com/alanjohnsonsound

Posted By: Louder than loud
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:28am
I've been using this fake Martin bother a fair bit - great kit :) ! you would never tell the difference and its like 70% off Martin's prices..... Perfect  

Posted By: Dougies Music
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:35am
Don't bite...

-------------
http://www.dougiesmusic.com - http://www.dougiesmusic.com

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 11:10am
Hear them first before you start

Posted By: kevinmcdonough
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Louder than loud Louder than loud wrote:

Hear them first before you start

lol i dont think anyone is doubting that they sound fine, its more the princible of a good british company like Martin thorwing loads of money into design and research and making a good sounding box, and then not seeing the return on it and make money and survive because other companies bypass the design and test phase and just make copies that they can then afford to sell for 70% off.

Yes we all wish speakers were cheaper and we could all have a massive pile of them, but theres a flipside and companies like martin need to pay the bills, or no one would ever innovate and all we'd have is the same designs being copied and recycled around for ever.

k

Posted By: tomschute
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 12:36pm
I have been interested but not suprised how many legit hire companies were running copied F1 bins this summer. Good copies but copys non the less. Good enough to make me wonder why a skilled carpenter would do it. And by the looks of things not imports.......

-------------
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevinmcdonough kevinmcdonough wrote:

lol i dont think anyone is doubting that they sound fine, its more the princible of a good british company like Martin thorwing loads of money into design and research and making a good sounding box, and then not seeing the return on it and make money and survive because other companies bypass the design and test phase and just make copies that they can then afford to sell for 70% off.

I agree on what you said, but you do know that Martin Audio is part of Loud and not independent company anymore? Haven't been for a long time. http://www.loudtechinc.com/

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:38pm
Oh yer loads of research must have gone into there twin 18" reflex bin LOL

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:45pm
Well as long as all BIG manufacturers stick to their overrated prices people will copy them. They just want to earn more money and they are greedy.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Posted By: subbass
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Well as long as all BIG manufacturers stick to their overrated prices people will copy them. They just want to earn more money and they are greedy.

Ermm

i think there may be a little more to that to be honest

Posted By: cilla.scope
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

I agree on what you said, but you do know that Martin Audio is part of Loud and not independent company anymore? Haven't been for a long time. http://www.loudtechinc.com/

So Pasi .. just clear things up ... what do YOU think should happen to a company that gets cheap copies made in China and then sells copies of someone elses product?  Just let them get on with it? or prosecution?

-------------
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by cilla.scope cilla.scope wrote:

So Pasi .. just clear things up ... what do YOU think should happen to a company that gets cheap copies made in China and then sells copies of someone elses product?  Just let them get on with it? or prosecution?

If it is 1:1 copy, i would do everything to stop that. But in real life things aren't that simple. What is a copy for example in loudspeaker? Is it enough that it looks same but performs differently? Or if the performance is same but looks different? If it is not patented technology or look, what then? How many different ways there is to do reflex loaded 2x18" bin?

This could be extended to everything else too. Do you copy music, games or movies from internet or somewhere else?

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:23pm
I was asking you ... but you don't seem too sure .. say something that was outside a little bit different, but inside it was clear it was a copy ... what then?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:43pm

I was asking you ... but you don't seem too sure .. say something that was outside a little bit different, but inside it was clear it was a copy ... what then?

If you want specific answers, ask specific questions.

Posted By: Flano
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:47pm
Bad as this is lets not forget just how things work in the real world.Competition is everywhere,and everyone will testify to this.How may times has anyone on here shopped around for a cheaper price.Someone will all ways capitalize on this fact.Im not trying to make light of the obvious copyright infringement but in the grander scheme of things, I would imagine that martin is not too put off by this.Look at the the new line array systems they are releasing,I dont think these systems will be copied....The large western users of martin arnt going to buy a knock off.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Flano Flano wrote:

Bad as this is lets not forget just how things work in the real world.Competition is everywhere,and everyone will testify to this.How may times has anyone on here shopped around for a cheaper price.Someone will all ways capitalize on this fact.Im not trying to make light of the obvious copyright infringement but in the grander scheme of things, I would imagine that martin is not too put off by this.Look at the the new line array systems they are releasing,I dont think these systems will be copied....The large western users of martin arnt going to buy a knock off.

Very true. Manufacturers will do even more closed systems with their own DSPs and amps to prevent this copying as much as possible and at the same time getting more added value into the product. MLA is good example and right way to go in system wise. That is something what nobody else can't copy directly.

Posted By: kevinmcdonough
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:33pm
hey

Yes i already knew that Martin was owned by Loud but how does that change things?  If the companys research and staff budget was to become way bigger than its income and the business was to become unprofitable then Loud would drop it or sell it, and there would possibly be several good speaker designers out of a job and a good british company down the tubes.

k

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:36pm

If you want specific answers, ask specific questions.

Shrug ... I didn't have anything more specific in mind ... what makes you think I have?

OK, here's a specific question ... whats a good cutting speed for a 7hp router spindle in 18mm ply, full depth cut, single pass with a 2 flute straight cutter .. lets say, 24,000 RPM, CNC obviously.  I was thinking of about 3.6 to 4.0 metres a minute???

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:38pm

hey

Yes i already knew that Martin was owned by Loud but how does that change things?  If the companys research and staff budget was to become way bigger than its income and the business was to become unprofitable then Loud would drop it or sell it, and there would possibly be several good speaker designers out of a job and a good british company down the tubes.

k

It doesn't change that. I just don't understand how it can be British company if it is owned by Loud which is American? Something has happened since Martins turnover has dropped almost 50% in 2009 compared to 2008. From about 25 to around 13 million. Unfortunately these copies haven't helpped situation.

I hope that with MLA Martin will turn their ship around and increase their sales again.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:42pm
No, you are wrong. Martin is British. It is on the British register of companies at Companies House. The shareholders are american, but so what? Or are you suggesting that the "nationality" of a company is in fact determined by the nationality of its shareholders??

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:46pm

Shrug ... I didn't have anything more specific in mind ... what makes you think I have?

Because without proper info one can't make right decissions.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:47pm
Hmm ... have I touched a nerve?  

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:48pm

Hmm ... have I touched a nerve?  

No?

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:49pm
ok, so .. tell me about routing speeds then

Quote OK, here's a specific question ... whats a good cutting speed for a 7hp router spindle in 18mm ply, full depth cut, single pass with a 2 flute straight cutter .. lets say, 24,000 RPM, CNC obviously.  I was thinking of about 3.6 to 4.0 metres a minute???

do they sound about right?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:51pm

Quote OK, here's a specific question ... whats a good cutting speed for a 7hp router spindle in 18mm ply, full depth cut, single pass with a 2 flute straight cutter .. lets say, 24,000 RPM, CNC obviously.  I was thinking of about 3.6 to 4.0 metres a minute???

You wanted my opinion about copying. So stick with that.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:56pm
hmm, well, you didn't seem able to give an opinion, just more questions.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 8:01pm

Sorry. I don't judge without knowing all facts involved. Might be unheard way of dealing things. I guess one amp designer can tell you more about that side in me.

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 8:02pm

7hp spindle will rip through 18mm birch like it wasnt there. 

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 9:13pm

Sorry. I don't judge without knowing all facts involved. Might be unheard way of dealing things. I guess one amp designer can tell you more about that side in me.

I have no idea what you are talking about.   Facts involved in what?  Is there something you are trying to tell us?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 9:22pm
@Heahrow_B_Line

yep should be pretty quick I think ... I was basing it on 0.003" thick chips, 2 fluts on the cutter, so it needs to move 0.006" for every rev ... at 24,000 rpm, that makes 144" a minute ... which is about 3.6m ... what I don't know is what sort of spindle load that will give ... I mean they make routers up to 30hp spindles .. presumably for a reason?

-------------

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 9:27pm

the faster you go, the more the weight (and momentum) of the gantry becomes the limiting factor

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 9:48pm
yep, makes sense ... but with suitable servos driving it, its just a question of acceleration limits on the motion systems ..

now .. THIS is awesome:

watch the bit at the end ...

"not making anything today?"
"nah, my CNC router walked off the job"

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 5:22am
Me buying fake Martin audio does make any bloody difference to the REAL martin audio because i would of never of spent that money on there ok-ish products... BUT buying twin 18" reflex bins & big biamped midtops for next to nothing does have its plus side.

Posted By: Beatbox
Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:35am
I think martinbraza makes their boxes from cheap glue and MDF. Maybe they dont use grooves.
Just look at this asshole factory pics. Chinese builds a jbl copies: DeadDead

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 1:17pm
Your wrong, the Martin box i have here are the same as martin nothing different A+ build and sound Thumbs Up

Posted By: madboffin
Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 1:21pm

I just don't understand how it can be British company if it is owned by Loud which is American?

Indeed. They are owned by a foreign conglomerate with a history of wrecking the companies they take over. Just like the rest of what's left of British Industry.

Something has happened since Martins turnover has dropped almost 50% in 2009 compared to 2008. From about 25 to around 13 million. Unfortunately these copies haven't helpped situation.

This has happened since the key people who had been responsible for the company's recent success left, and the new owners reorganised the management. Loud also decided to take the marketing functions away and run them from Head Office.

I hope that with MLA Martin will turn their ship around and increase their sales again.

Well if not, maybe they will put the company up for sale. Tell Jo to start saving up -  but to choose his financial partners more carefully this time.

MLA is so expensive and specialised that the number of potential buyers worldwide is very small. The company's "bread and butter" sales have all been from smaller scale systems. Their success over the last 15 years was all due to their policy of making only high quality products for the upper end of the market and giving very good product support, instead of trying to compete with the bucket shops and Chinese crap merchants. Thereby building up a good reputation and plenty of customer trust and loyalty.
Loud Technologies is not run by people who understand that philosophy.

Posted By: Spartan Audio
Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

Spot on.

-------------
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

Well if not, maybe they will put the company up for sale. Tell Jo to start saving up -  but to choose his financial partners more carefully this time.

MLA is so expensive and specialised that the number of potential buyers worldwide is very small. The company's "bread and butter" sales have all been from smaller scale systems. Their success over the last 15 years was all due to their policy of making only high quality products for the upper end of the market and giving very good product support, instead of trying to compete with the bucket shops and Chinese crap merchants. Thereby building up a good reputation and plenty of customer trust and loyalty.

Interesting. Then i'm not far off in my business plan and where i'm guiding the boat at the moment Wink. No, not going to buy Martin Big smile.

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 10:32pm
Building your own ?

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 11:05pm

Building your own ?

Me? Kind of... :)

Date Posted: 16 October 2010 at 11:40pm

Interesting. Then i'm not far off in my business plan and where i'm guiding the boat at the moment Wink. No, not going to buy Martin Big smile.

Hilarious ... LOL

You'll be buying yourself a captains hat next!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 12:44am
Hey you could buy OHM! .. make Jo an offer, I'm sure he would do you a real good deal Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 1:25am

Building your own ?

Me? Kind of... :)

You planning on filling those boxs with hopes & dreams ;)

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 1:25am

Hey you could buy OHM! .. make Jo an offer, I'm sure he would do you a real good deal Thumbs Up

OHM is nice kit ! and from what i've heard very well built

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 1:51am
In terms of build quality, its is (or was anyway, not really played with the recent stuff) right up there.

The woodwork is usually excellent.  I've seen their woodwork put together without glue and still be solid .. some clever interlocking joints ... once glued, its VERY solid. Paintwork, usually excellent too.

Not *actually* sure what they do in terms of amps at the moment ...

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 1:53am
I think Andy use to do there amps for them

Date Posted: 17 October 2010 at 1:58am
mm, dont think so. I know he worked for them for a while, but dont think Matrix ever supplied amps to OHM ... could be wrong though.

I;ve been wrong before.

I remember it well.

-------------

Posted By: Beatbox
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:29pm
China becomes insane!LOL
Now in production clones with puma logotypeClap

What is next? Abibas or NJKE logos?LOL

-------------
H3T+ x6
218 x6
WT2 x4
S15+ x6
W1 x4
W0.5 x8

Posted By: odc04r
Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:46pm
I have a Korean switchmode amp that used to be supplied OEM by Ohm. Tsunami HQ2002s, I quite like it. Any more lurking around Pasi? I'd probably buy another one or two.

Posted By: AUDIO HABIT
Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:40pm

yep, makes sense ... but with suitable servos driving it, its just a question of acceleration limits on the motion systems ..

now .. THIS is awesome:

no that is cool,and i want one

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions

Posted By: The Builder
Date Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:46pm

mm, dont think so. I know he worked for them for a while, but dont think Matrix ever supplied amps to OHM ... could be wrong though.

I;ve been wrong before.

I remember it well.
Pretty sure they did, before chinese.

-------------
It just is.

Posted By: Plaguesguitarist
Date Posted: 27 January 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

now .. THIS is awesome:

no that is cool,and i want one
Yeah, That IS very cool

3d routing is cool full stop though. I did a nissan skyline bodyshell about the size of an a4 sheet of paper and 8" deep at the school i used to teach technology at.

Vac formed it, finished it off with model parts and sold it for a tidy sum.  I miss that.

-------------
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.

Posted By: Nachural
Date Posted: 27 January 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

I;ve been wrong before.

I remember it well.
Interesting fact though - Clive Kinton who represented Matrix some years ago now works for Ohm!

-------------
it's all just cardboard and magnets really

Posted By: mykey-
Date Posted: 27 January 2011 at 3:40pm
http://www.sescoi.com/videosmore/cadcam-videos/machining-videos/parts-videos/cadcam-robot-head-terminator-machining/

-------------
BbbBBRAAAAPppBBBBbgushhhhhhhhssshhhhhGrAbRAAAAAAPPPPPp = Dubstep

Date Posted: 27 January 2011 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Nachural Nachural wrote:

Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

I;ve been wrong before.

I remember it well.
Interesting fact though - Clive Kinton who represented Matrix some years ago now works for Ohm!

As far as i know Matrix never supplied Ohm, but Andy used to design amps for Ohm. He can correct if i'm badly mistaken.

And yes, Clive works now, and has worked few years,  at Ohm.

Posted By: Nachural
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:00am
Do these guys ever stop? Surely they don't pick up any sales by doing this?

-------------
it's all just cardboard and magnets really

Posted By: Robbo
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:07am
Matrix did supply Ohm with amps as I have had quite a few pass through my hands over the years---As far as I know, they are just standard Matrix model amps that have the Ohm logo on the front panel, but obviously Andy can confirm this.

Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:10am

They do it for link juice. The more links the higher they get ranked in Google for searches. 

Posted By: audiomik
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:20am
Bruce
something recently in the Register about Google revising their criteria for rankings so perhaps there might be a future reduction in the number of these posts?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/25/google_link_farm_change/
Mik

-------------
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.

Posted By: Smiter
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by bruce bruce wrote:

They do it for link juice. The more links the higher they get ranked in Google for searches. 
Google does assess the relevance of links though in its algorithms - and linking from an audio forum in a foreign hosted IP is hardly 'relevant'!

Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by audiomik audiomik wrote:

Bruce
something recently in the Register about Google revising their criteria for rankings so perhaps there might be a future reduction in the number of these posts?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/25/google_link_farm_change/
Mik

I doubt there'll be a reduction, it just won't be as effective. It's all automated and costs next to nothing. A simple reCAPTCHA on the sign up form here would solve it.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net