Forum Description: Talk about speaker box with other sounds here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4344
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 12:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Earthquake Builder !!!
Posted By: Shortman
Subject: Earthquake Builder !!!
Date Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:48pm
someone wanted to find out who made earthquake sound?well i can say for sure thats the builders name shortman.and iration sound.

Replies:
Posted By: biotec
Date Posted: 19 March 2006 at 2:59pm
what drivers are in the earthquake horns? they look externally very similar to the lab horn design, the front looks like an exponential flare and the dimesions make me think that the horn length is pretty similar but they sound very different. Still trouser flapping by all accounts. Would be nice to get 6 against some lab-horns and compare them.

Posted By: Mark James
Date Posted: 19 March 2006 at 6:29pm
hmm yeah just outa interest id like to see the plans!

Posted By: DUBPLATE
Date Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:44pm

Posted By: mykey
Date Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by DUBPLATE DUBPLATE wrote:

I DON'T THINK THAT SHORTMAN MADE THE BASS BINS THAT EARTHQUAKE USES ANYTHING ELSE PROBABLY BASS BINS NO, IF SO COULD HE SAY WHAT DRIVER IS INSIDE & THE FOLDS OF THE BOX IF NOT THE FOLDS THEN THE PATH LENGTH 

IF HE GETS IT WRONG I WILL CORRECT HIM BECAUSE I KNOW THE DRIVER, THE DRIVER SIZE & BOX DESIGN

ITS NOTHING LIKE A LABSUB??? If they were to put side by side to a labsub the labsub would go alot deeper but earthquakes would probably be louder @ around 50hz upwards  

thats told him 

-------------
......just all them hanging there like giant bananas.

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:30am

Posted By: Centauri
Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 8:03am

mykey what does this mean??? i see it on all you post

"Yes! but have we done vaginal juices?"

Need to be a Monty Python fan  

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:34pm

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 1:59pm
well dubplate it just means that do not know everything.Confuseddesign by rog.made by shortman.CryClapyou can call to find out about the speaker 07985508559.

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:00pm

meaning of life.

one of my favorite films!

on the other hand cosmeticaly they are similar to a lab [to the untrained eye in a photo where you cant see the size difference]

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:32pm
and what mykey means that told me? wot+co don't make boxs anymore do they?AngryClap

Posted By: Bryan M
Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 2:39pm

Hi shortman

Bryan

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:36pm

Posted By: norty303
Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 7:48pm

And i still have no idea why this is such a big deal to people.....

So you know about a box, and whats in it and who built it - big deal.  I know someone was originally curious but why the competition?

-------------
My laser stuff: http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems" rel="nofollow - Frikkin Lasers

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Shortman Shortman wrote:

and what mykey means that told me? wot+co don't make boxs anymore do they?AngryClap
it means he told you! regardless of whether you built them or not,

yes! we do! and we dont only build we "DESIGN" as well

anybody can build.

and its WATTCO.

and why the private message to me????

we are nice people on here, no attitude, and no heated arguments please

lets be gentleman

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2006 at 10:29pm

Posted By: Tom Umney
Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:29am

Earthquake uses 24 inch PD drivers in the bins.

http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=12570&highlight=earthquake++inch - http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=12570&h ighlight=earthquake++inch

http://people4321.blogspot.com/2005/12/24-1000-watt-pds.html - http://people4321.blogspot.com/2005/12/24-1000-watt-pds.html

Here is the proof again!!!!

Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:56am
can people stop bringing personal beef onto the boards. If somebody has something helpful to say about the earthquake folded horns then feel free to share it. I'm happy to hear that shortman built the bins and that Rog designed them, but the showing off and the competition can be left to the playground.

Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 9:04am

Originally posted by biotec biotec wrote:

can people stop bringing personal beef onto the boards. If somebody has something helpful to say about the earthquake folded horns then feel free to share it. I'm happy to hear that shortman built the bins and that Rog designed them, but the showing off and the competition can be left to the playground.

2nded and i was just interested in the vaugue layout not dimensions.

Posted By: tb_mike
Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:01am

+ there is no holy grail. Only different compromises taken/

*party pooper mode*

*recovers from alcohol and goes to sleep*

Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 10:25pm

tb_mike

thanks for taking that logo off

champion!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:52am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

I DON'T THINK THAT SHORTMAN MADE THE BASS BINS THAT EARTHQUAKE USES ANYTHING ELSE PROBABLY BASS BINS NO, IF SO COULD HE SAY WHAT DRIVER IS INSIDE & THE FOLDS OF THE BOX IF NOT THE FOLDS THEN THE PATH LENGTH 

IF HE GETS IT WRONG I WILL CORRECT HIM BECAUSE I KNOW THE DRIVER, THE DRIVER SIZE & BOX DESIGN

ITS NOTHING LIKE A LABSUB??? If they were to put side by side to a labsub the labsub would go alot deeper but earthquakes would probably be louder @ around 50hz upwards  

thats told him 

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:58am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

thats told him 

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:01am

Posted By: norty303
Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:07am
Keep going, i'm sure we'll get to the point in the end....

-------------
My laser stuff: http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems" rel="nofollow - Frikkin Lasers

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:13am

In life you have some bad minded people whom just envy others.

dubplate don't be a hater just try harder to be a better person.

p.s you needed to know about scoops,go and listen to irriation steppa

those are designed by me and built by me.(natural mystic blowin thru the air)

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:21am

In life you have some bad minded people whom just envy others.

dubplate don't be a hater just try harder to be a better person.

p.s you needed to know about scoops,go and listen to irriation steppa

those are designed by me and built by me.(natural mystic blowin thru the air)

some? meaning more than one!

why's my name there?

"let's put it to bed a"

this mean's ouch, if you can be bothered putting you arrow on it

doesn't mean a black eye (cherry pie)

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:28am

message meant for dubplate.

not you mykey........

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:31am
 thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2006 at 12:13pm

Posted By: Warrencat
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:33am

to idiots such as me actually do learn stuff from your postings, would anyone happen to have a picture of what the earthquake looks like....or maybe a link...loaded with the 24"?

keep up the good work

Thx

-------------
Warrencat

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 6:23am

shortman i did not know you would have got so vex about a small thing like this calm down stress is not good for you!!!

1. i did not want to know about scoops i wanted to know about power handling & folded horns, scoops have been around such a long time I've been into roots for over 30 years from before sounds used scoops
  2. the reason i made the comment that i don't think that you made earthquake bass box is because i heard different from people very close to earthquake so you better go & talk to the earthquake crew to take out all your anger  

well one thing i definitely know is that some body is lying don't take this the wrong way but it is either you or earthquake himself ??? 

i know you built iration box & they are tough scoops

i have used spys to go and ask questions like.... who built your sound? to have them say someone totally different to the actual person who did build it! ME, so dont believe in what sound men tell you, its just that they dont want any one else to have what they have, not good when you are a manufacturer

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:57pm

I know Earthquake Sound System use 24 inch drivers in their horns, as I found two links to say that one guy used to recone his speakers when he blew them up and he said they are 24 inch PD's.

http://people4321.blogspot.com/2005/12/24-1000-watt-pds.html - http://people4321.blogspot.com/2005/12/24-1000-watt-pds.html

http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=12570&highlight=earthquake++inch - http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=12570&h ighlight=earthquake++inch

I suggest you READ this not skip it like last time I posted it.

This is the proof that will end the queries of what the Kingquake bins are loaded with.

Posted By: Noyzmunky
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:18pm

arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special olympics.

even if you win your still a spastic.

chill me bredren....

how would a 24'' horn handle the lower notes? only ask coz i think i read on here a while ago that folding gives problems to the real low freq's. or am i tripping?

-------------
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.

Posted By: Gramps
Date Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:55pm
I think you is indeed trippin noyzmunky. To be honest I'm no great expert on the theory of LF folded horns, but in my experience of using them there are no such problems, and I used to own some 24s. I thought you encountered more problems with folded horns as the frequency increased??

Posted By: Noyzmunky
Date Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:13am
cid has left the building and i realise that was prolly what i heard.

i blame the large amount of lager and weed last night

-------------
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.

Posted By: Dubaholic
Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:32am
check out aba-shanti-i's website  www.falasha-recordings.com for pics of  Earthquake stacks and iration stacks there in the brixton rec pics 24/06/05 iration stack, check 07/04/05 for earthqake stacks.
-Can anyone help me i want to build a double 15" reflex for my bedroom i want one which can handle low frequencys without flapping out and is not too big does anyone no of a design?(it will not be passed on.) thanks.

Date Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:41pm

I swear a double 15 inch reflex will be overkill for the bedroom. Both that it will take up a lot of space and also you might get complaints from the neighbours if you turn it up loud. Really depends where you live though.

http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?l=en&pg=11&c=22 - http://www.speakerstore.nl/index.php?l=en&pg=11&c=22

Theres a double 15 inch reflex. I still think if its just for the bedroom a properlly tuned 12 inch reflex will be fine with something like Ciare 12.00 SW.

Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:50am
i do wanna get some pressure in the room ha ha, i had one years ago but i wanted to find a better design than that one, my neighbours were all good then so they can be all good now. cheers for link.

Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:12am
Earthquake sent me an email sayin shortman built the top boxes for his sound as he didnt have the time to build them at that time. didnt mention anything else.peace.

Date Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Dubaholic Dubaholic wrote:

Earthquake sent me an email sayin shortman built the top boxes for his sound as he didnt have the time to build them at that time. didnt mention anything else.peace.
maybe you should copy and paste it on here?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 March 2006 at 6:47am
what i wrote is exactly what he wrote im to not worried who built them i just asked him over myspace.com to try stop this little scap and shortman def done the tops.cool

Posted By: palesha
Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 7:43am
Everybody is talking about Earthquack subbox. We will like to see actual built up & it's plan.

Date Posted: 12 April 2006 at 5:56pm
look iam tired of this earthquake thing to end this thing just come to my shop in camberwell 313 blucher road s.e.5 and show anyone the template and designs and any one want them i will make the boxs shops number 0207 252 6721 sound barrier shortman

Date Posted: 13 April 2006 at 7:43am

look iam tired of this earthquake thing to end this thing just come to my shop in camberwell 313 blucher road s.e.5 and show anyone the template and designs and any one want them i will make the boxs shops number 0207 252 6721 sound barrier shortman
maybe if we had a picture to look at then you could sell some ie: build quality, size ,colour , etc

-------------

Posted By: vibesmaster
Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 7:31am

http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Web%20Brixton%20100306/KDW%20Yout%20Meets%20Marco%20BS.jpg - http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Web%20Brixton%20 100306/KDW%20Yout%20Meets%20Marco%20BS.jpg

theres a pic of earthquakes stack here ill try find a better pic , they are wicked boxes no straps needed they all lock into place , well designed stack for sure

Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 7:38am

found it heres the link to king earthquakes monster stack , his been known to take 3 of these stacks to brixton recreation

tried to just put it in the post but cant work it out ? so heres a link

http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Brix%20070405%20Webpix/Earthquake%20Stack.jpg - http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Brix%20070405%20 Webpix/Earthquake%20Stack.jpg

Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 2:22pm
http://img422.imageshack.us/my.php?image=earthquake20stack1nl.jpg">  still not a clear pic of one bin though

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 6:38am

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 6:52am
check out www.falasha-recordings.com JA sound festival pics 03-08-05 page1 and there some pics of earthquake setting up, you can see individual boxes. check the bracing on the outside of boxes, they all slot on to each other very well done so they dont need straps.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 7:11am
who builds aba-shanti-i, mid boxes the blue ones he uses at brixton rec heard him running 2 of the smaller blue top boxes on thursday they give a great sound they have 2 10"s in them and a couple of compression drivers or peizos. check out www.falasha-recordings.com, gallery page- brixton rec 22-076-05 for pics. the club aba played in last thursday was very small he only used 2 18" bins, 1x double 15" reflex and 2x his blue mid horns he had a great sound.does someone know a link or number for the people that make abas pre-amp? 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 7:50am

blue boxs.

SAINT SOUND SYSTEMS.

SOUTH EAST LONDON (elephant and castle)

SPEAK TO RICHARD

i heard ABBA  borrows them. HEARD

twinneypauls there roady so you could ask him

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:59am
thats still a jts pre amp just in a mixer case instead of a rack ,

Posted By: palesha
Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 3:44pm
Seen the picture of earthquack atlast. But where is DIY info?

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by palesha palesha wrote:

Seen the picture of earthquack atlast. But where is DIY info?

it was never a DIY design and so the plans are not available. Its a custom design for a specific client. If you want something similar you'll have to design it yourself or ask shortman very nicely.

Posted By: connectionsound
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 12:49pm
Yo Bless-up shortman, 

I heard you built 6 of Earthquake's and someone else built the other 6,  anyway, dem boxes boxes sound heavy, even if he had dem loaded wid 18" 's he would still sound as heavy.

I heard them last Month, Aba sounded under pressure and so did Tubby to begin with. 

Who's behind these Strevens boxes?

-------------
www.tottenhamcarnival.co.uk

Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:28pm

SORRY VIBESMASTER BUT ITS NOT A TUBBYS PRE IN MIXER FORM

TOTALY WRONG THE BUILDER NAME IS CHARLIE [AKA KING CHARLES]

AND MYKEY THOSE BOXES WERE BUILD BY A GEEZER CALLED VIBES

AND SOLD TO ABA

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:49pm

any details for this guy?wonder what prices he charges ?  it looks the same as the tubbys mixer style ? the other night see the back off the pre and it has bcd-pre 2 ? any more models??

any help apreciated

Posted By: mskeete
Date Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by vibesmaster vibesmaster wrote:

any details for this guy?wonder what prices he charges ?  it looks the same as the tubbys mixer style ? the other night see the back off the pre and it has bcd-pre 2 ? any more models??

any help apreciated

Tubby's has a mixer style preamp ? any pictures

There are some older models floating around of charlies preamps
Touch above have one which I think has made in the 70's

Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44am

Originally posted by connectionsound connectionsound wrote:

Yo Bless-up shortman, 

I heard you built 6 of Earthquake's and someone else built the other 6,  anyway, dem boxes boxes sound heavy, even if he had dem loaded wid 18" 's he would still sound as heavy.

I heard them last Month, Aba sounded under pressure and so did Tubby to begin with. 

Who's behind these Strevens boxes?
Terrance Stravens? i heard (HEARD) he has them built in "WORMWOOD SCRUBS PRISON" dirt cheap  or is it just a Chinese wisper?

@trev4unv...know it all

-------------

Posted By: novice
Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:09am
charlie is the man behind those destructor amps. he also built jah youth's pre-amp but stopped building recently.

Date Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:59pm
mskeete tubbys did use to have pics on his website of a mixer style pre, they have gone now, the mixer style pre was the same as the 3 way just different case.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:43pm
yeah there was a mixer type pre on there maybe he stopped making them ? looked so similar to shanti's same kill buttons, similar set out , nice to know who actually built shanti's , and them destruction power's are wicked wonder how much they would have cost to buy?

Date Posted: 03 July 2006 at 5:25pm
Built in the prison???  I thought prisoners werent allowed to use things like saws incase they used them as weapons against other prisons or staff. Unless it was a 'project' by the prison wardens.

Or maybe it was a supervised job that was much better for the intelligent prisoners only and more cleaner than shoveling sand or cleaning the floors.

Sounds like a long shot in the dark, but I would be interesting to see if you have any pictures of the Stravens Sub-8???

Posted By: STRAVENS
Date Posted: 03 July 2006 at 7:23pm
You may mock but, The use of the prison service was to aid in the cost saving approach to minimise r and d expenditure whilst maximising on the machinary and man power of the prison service.

The very first 4 Sub-8 cabinets were built their and was constructed from MDF to reduce cost. This is not the case now as all cabinets are made from birch plywood for durability and strength. The quality from the prison service was not met and all STRAVENS products are built on quality, reliabilty and durability to match, which is why we DO NOT use the prison service, but some of the top high street stores still do and why not I say! if it works for them, so be it.

STRAVENS products are designed by myself in the UK and manufactured in the UK, by a reputable cabinet manufacturer, using the very best in CNC technology.

http://www.jahvoice.co.uk - www.jahvoice.co.uk for pictures of sub-8

STRAVENS

-------------
'STRAVENS' A Sound Investment

Posted By: Mike Severloh
Date Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:32pm

Hi all,

I just went thru lots of pics. Anybody knows what the mid bins of this sound system are, especially the upper one ?

http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Web%20Brix%20070406/Set%20Up%20I.jpg - http://www.falasha-recordings.com/Web%20Pix/Web%20Brix%20070406/Set%20Up%20I.jpg

Thanx.

Mike.

-------------
Mike Severloh.

Date Posted: 28 July 2006 at 7:50am
 the soundsystem is Channel One, but i dont know what them mids are send them an email.

www.rootsandculture.co.uk 

-------------

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 8:41am
Any one go to the University of Dub in Brixton Rec on Fri. 22nd Sept '06 ?

Sounds were:

King Earthquake / Aba shanti - I / Channel One

Posted By: RENSAAB
Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 9:53am
Went there last night. First time in months! Left early...did you go?

Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 10:02am
I passed by to briefly stop & see someone, but I didn't stay as too tired & had to go work this morning.

Heard Earthquakes power briefly though.

Apparently there's a new Pre-amp on the seen.

My mates who went can't stop talking bout it.

Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 3:58pm
Did you get to hear all three sounds? What did you think? Was anyone else there?

Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 3:59pm
Did you get to hear all three sounds? What did you think? Was anyone else there? What

Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 4:04pm

WHAT ON EARTH'S GOING ON?????.....(third time lucky!)

What pre amp is that?

Posted By: patrick gillert
Date Posted: 23 September 2006 at 6:21pm

The Strevens tops are Electrotec Lab-q cabinets.

Posted By: godathunder
Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 5:45am
the labq cabs are beauts (and beasts), sound like a hifi but are unfortunately the size of a small garden shed - I saw some on a float at carnival - wondered whose they were

-------------
LOUDER THAN LOUD

Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 9:03am
King Earthquake sounded the heaviest, much cleaner than before & bass was deeper than usual.

Normally the mid & tops aint all that, but now....???

As for the pre-amp, I hear say ah rumour, & is the same one, but something has been done/added since the last time we heard them.

(Iration Steppas & jah Tubbys have to watch out)

Next - Aba Shanti-I sounded like they had a tune up too as they sounded better than normal & they normally do sound clean.
The bass sounded heavier than before.

Last - Channel One, waste of time for power & quality, when they come on just get a drink from the bar, & come back as they have some wicked music.
As for the power & quality, nah, they need a complete overall & upgrade, them Fane drivers in their boxes sound knackered.

That's it.

Anyone went to Word Sound & Power with Channel One last nite (sat. 23rd Sept '06) @ Southall Community centre ?

I didn't go as I wanted another powerful sopund there.

laterz.

Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 10:09am

Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 7:54pm
Spent most of the night with cotton wool or tissue in my ears

channel 1 have actually decided not to try and "keep up with jones" when it comes to power and bassline. For most of the night the first knob on the graphic was fully off (don't ask me why) and it wasn't until about 03:30 that they pushed the set a little bit more. I left about an hour later but I heard they blew one bass speaker

I went to southall last night and for such a small rrom, WSP played way too loud like they had something to prove (they should know they don't) Most of the time that WSP played, I stepped outside the hall into the corridoor to protect my ears. At one point I'm sure there was nearly more people outside in the corridoor than in the hall. That's no way to enjoy a session

Tune of the night for me was (still) "Repent" / Twinkle brothers which channel 1 are rinsing out on dubplate

Date Posted: 24 September 2006 at 10:44pm

channel 1 sound is alright at least dem dont hurt u ears i definetly wouldn't use dem as a commercial break as i am more intreasted in d music than d volume of d sound sound system
it now look like dat man don't even bother bout d music no more it's all about bass !!! & how loud you can get it 2 go.

this 4 all u who love d bass ting over d top
d man dem back ina d day would a run nuff a dem sound deh because of d way dem a play dem sound, sounds used 2 b heavy but dem never hurt u ears
this is a big part of d reason u don't see certain of d older heads in dance no more because there is no meaning 2 these dances no more its all about bass & volume & nuff man hiding behind the name of the emporah king selasie i  (ROOTS MUSIC IS SUPOSED 2 B SENDING A POSITIVE MESSAGE 2 PEOPLE) if it is tooo!!! ras cl__t loud how r you suposed 2 get d message, i would love d dance dem 2 b as they were 20+ years ago if many of those who used 2 play sound back in d day were 2 come back now & do it again they could help 2 clean up d foolishness dats goin on now & reveal nuff of d falseness within this ting

channel 1 is 1 of the original sounds from dem times so is jah tubbys, jah youth, entebby, jah observor, & jah shaka jah tubbys has always been a heavy weight sound so i would not put him ina d rat race its just his way of sound

in sayin dat its better 4 those who r in d rat race if those who really know bout sound system, the mesage, & d struggle if they dont come back dat way they can keep up the bull sh*te which serves them right now
put the grass down dubplate
for you information it's not volume that make your ears ring it's "distortion"
and twenty years ago the system's sounded extremely distorted the more a box rattled the better

i have tried to educate sound's on numerous occasion's over the year's on how a sound should be played only to be told by someone like J_h y__e that he likes it when the cone goe's "GUUUAARRRKKKKKKKK" and A__a that he should use the low pass filter
( because his cone's wanted to join us on the dance floor )
 him to say back ..what's that?

"the trouble is with sounds is they think if it isnt distorting its not turned up"

but hey i have been here for 2 year's so "TINGS" mite have changed

and ill agree that Channel one isnt loud enough but i still like the vibe just wish they wouldnt bring politics to the stage at carny after all it is supposed to be a fun weekend

i would think that if C1 was to play against other sounds with them at the same volume C1 would come out top's

also think it's about time they had some of my new mid's, (you wont have to dig deep C1)mskeete put a word in? tell them im a Leyton man, and tell them they have played on some of my stuff at Herbal and they can go see my mid horns at Pete's shop HY-TEK Dalston, the new M212 2x12'' horn will be there tomorrow

-------------

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 2:32am
Tried to reply just now and I can't see me post so trying again
M212 2x12'' horn ? - give me some details ASAP as I long to see the back od those piezo tweeters that they been using for the last couple of dances

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 8:40am
I do agree with you there, if C1 was to play against other sounds with them at the same level they would more than likely come out tops.

Whenever Walthamstow Festival is on, C1 play there on their own & it is very good, you don't even notice they are playing quite low, it's only when you get into the big venues or outdoor festivals like carnival with other sounds, is it noticed.

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 9:02am

Regarding sound systems playing too loud.

A few months back, when ever Ada Shanti-I used to turn on, I must admit, I ended up having to leave the hall, it was unbearable.

It was so so loud & ear piercing, some people in the venue including other sound members used to plug in their ear plugs. When I'd get home, my ears would be ringing & hear a tone for days.

Some complaints must have been made or the owner realized, as now it's not the same. They are playing their mids/tops at a comfortable level & it is crystal clean sounding.

I wonder what mid/tops boxes they are. anyone know ?

None of the other sounds who play there these days plays at an uncomfortable level now, they've all turned down.

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 12:57pm

Posted By: chilli
Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 1:38pm
can we have that again in something approaching readable english?

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Regarding sound systems playing too loud.

A few months back, when ever Ada Shanti-I used to turn on, I must admit, I ended up having to leave the hall, it was unbearable.

It was so so loud & ear piercing, some people in the venue including other sound members used to plug in their ear plugs. When I'd get home, my ears would be ringing & hear a tone for days.

Some complaints must have been made or the owner realized, as now it's not the same. They are playing their mids/tops at a comfortable level & it is crystal clean sounding.

I wonder what mid/tops boxes they are. anyone know ?

None of the other sounds who play there these days plays at an uncomfortable level now, they've all turned down.

I don't think the've turned down much if at all. The other possibility is that all them loud sessions have started to dull your ears (not trying to be rude)

I spoke to Robert briefly after the session on saturday and he asked he what I thought. I told him I thought it was nice but he played too loud for my liking.

He told me that my ears just needed to get used to such levels.....

The last time I heard Shaka play, I left the dance at the end of the night with no ringing in my ears and I didn't feel tired frrom just being there and I actuall danced for once

Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 5:51pm

Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 25 September 2006 at 6:57pm

my two pence worth on the uod dance last friday was the was lots of energy from earthquake sytem and aba meaning the power was sustainable, earthquake not enough mids and tops to cover the overplayed bassline for the dance considering aba started to play the sound proper after earthquake were trying to o,d on there bass so he matched them nearly for the bass but then overplayed his mids and tops but was the best overall as in the full range of frequencys

channel one bass sounded wooly not prenounced at all even at less levels than the other two there was no clarity in the system but the best range of music that night apart from one culture dub earthquake played
the system seemed off what you was hearing from one stack was not being replicated from the other stacks and they are desperatly in need of some shape or form of compression drivers 800hz up and bullets not piezo 12khz just  think they have gone behind in the game because they have  put the music first but in this current climate you need both

c1 have been in this game so long fighting the fight i can forgive them anything as true veteran of the proper dub seen

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Date Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:33am
I keep hearing about this Dub by Culture which earthquake played, it must have really been exclusive & that good, makes me need to get a copy of the dance on CD from somewhere.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net