URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=52451
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 4:05am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Speakerplans Facebook page
Posted By: AUDIO HABIT
Subject: Speakerplans Facebook page
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:18pm
Afternoon all,

Right we have being given the go ahead for the new facebook page,it aspires i needed permission to set a page up from Alex,unlike groups which anyone can do ,so alex has asked to be admin on the page,and has said he would also contribute void pictures and info from time to time,

As the admins will be representing speakerplans.com,i was wondering if people would like to sregest who else would be good to become admin.

And maybe we could end up with a great page,..so who do you think would be Gould for the page and if you would like to do it ,please send a pm

alternatively ,if you think this is just a waste of time ,pleases say so too

many thanks
mike

ps link,....we now have a better address too, http://www.facebook.com/Speakerplans

Replies:
Posted By: Admin
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:44pm
If I get the time will add some 'Follow us on Facebook' buttons linking to http://www.facebook.com/Speakerplans" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/Speakerplans to the bottom of pages on here in the next few days so people can find it easier.

Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:46pm
wicked ,thanks bruce

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:13pm
i'm not on facebook. so i totally don't see the point to be honest...

Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:56pm
OK,that's cool ,tbh facebook is one of them thing you wish you never joined lol,but it does have its uses,getting hold of people mainly,or finding people/companies,

but keep you thoughts coming people good or bad

-------------

Posted By: Muckerbarnes1
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:43pm
Iv'e been admin on huge groups single handed <50K and not just FB. It consumed so much time to keep it clean, however I doubt SP on FB would be that way. In the summer I just don't get the time otherwise I could help out.

I find FB easy to stay in touch with people far away, and post them pics. I would hope SP on FB would augment SP. For those who have no wish to use FB, then don't.

Oh yeh, and thanks to Bruce for his aid.

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Posted By: colinmono
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:14am
You've got another "like" now Bruce, thanks for all the hard work.

Posted By: TechnoChef
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:21pm
Feel free to shout 'tard at me, but I can't figure out how to upload cool rig pics to the SP FB page! Is it possible on the mobile site?

-------------
I think I'm in love with your mum.

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:57pm
'tard!....

Ha haa. Dunno mate. Never tried from a moby. They are for making phone calls!!

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Posted By: mykey-
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:58pm
Sleepy

-------------
BbbBBRAAAAPppBBBBbgushhhhhhhhssshhhhhGrAbRAAAAAAPPPPPp = Dubstep

Posted By: jack-red-eye
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:14pm

Speakerplans is my escape from all the idiots on facebook! Linking the two can only end in a load of people who love free parties joining the forum and clogging it up with...

'ive got 2 computer speakers rated 1000w, how do you link them up to the amp in my punto'

I would have to move to squatjuice Dead

-------------
Red Eye HiFi

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:19pm
Thats easy Jack.

We would just ignore it.......

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:16pm
Anyone else think it will lower the site,and give us an influx of people we don't want

As for the free party groups,there is a fair few on here,but i totally get what you mean,i also understand everyone hates facebook,but at the same time everyone uses it,and with all the new added features on here ,i thoight it would only be a good thing to link the two together,

There is quite a few people uploading build pics to the page now so it seem to be going OK,but really need to hear peoples opinions,because if everyone just thinks its a bad idea i will just close the page in the interests of sp,but likewise if you think its a good idea please let me know before i spend hours uploading hundreds of system pics and info next week

Any feed back is great,

thanks
mike

-------------

Posted By: audiomik
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:19pm
Re: "but at the same time everyone uses it"

have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......
Mik

-------------
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by audiomicRo: but at the same time everyone uses it<br><br>have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......<br>Mik[/QUOTE audiomicRo: but at the same time everyone uses it

have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......
Mik[/QUOTE wrote:

not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?

not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?

-------------

Posted By: specialjustin
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

Originally posted by audiomicRo: audiomicRo: wrote:

"but at the same time everyone uses it"

Mik

I think he means its blacklisted at his end

Some weird shit is going here, one minute i can't post the next i can, then odd shit happens to me post... 

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:31pm
Mike
Re: "not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?"

I run blacklists and whitelists within the proxy servers I use here and for some Voluntary Groups I support with IT; where sites which have malicious content or are known for spamming etc are blocked or permitted based upon experience and reports from other users.
Mik

Edit: recent example reported here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/12/facebook_spam_prevention_scam/" rel="nofollow - Facebook spam

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:33pm
Re: "Some weird shit is going here, one minute i can't post the next i can, then odd shit happens to me post... "

Getting the same here, looks like new posts within posts all shifted to the right on the screen!
Mik

-------------

Posted By: infrasound
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:46pm
I think BBcode has a habit of spilling out of the posts on this forum....

Posted By: studio45
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:29pm
sure is easier to put photos on the FB page....

-------------
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by audiomik audiomik wrote:

Mike
Re: "not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speaker plans?"

I run blacklists and whitelists within the proxy servers I use here and for some Voluntary Groups I support with IT; where sites which have malicious content or are known for spamming etc are blocked or permitted based upon experience and reports from other users.
Mix

Edit: recent example reported here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/12/facebook_spam_prevention_scam/" rel="nofollow - Facebook spam

yeah thats is one thing with facebook ,it so full of stuff like this,bit i suppose that's up to the individual user to be vigilant,personally i never enter my passwords into anything like that ,or never reply to emails

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

sure is easier to put photos on the FB page....

yep ,but can take a long time Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:39pm

it aspires i needed permission to set a page up from Alex,unlike groups which anyone can do ,so alex has asked to be admin on the page,and has said he would also contribute void pictures and info from time to time,

may i ask why you needed alex/voids permission? Do they still own Speakerplans, or rights of, or is it facebook requiring the 'founder' of a website to make a group before they will authorise it? I thought void/rog had completely passed over ownership and running to the current admin/mod group after the misshaps....

To me 'contribute' sounds remarkably like a new front of commercial backing, and look where that got the forum last time (on the blunt, people leaving and FSP being setup as a falloutplan due to SP looking like it was about to implode in a puff of soundlab smoke!).

I presume any manufactorer will be able to join up & 'contribute' new equipment pictures and info without bias from the administration group?

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Posted By: colint
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:46pm
is it just me that's seeing half of this page shoved over to one side?
it's for the post from specialjustin @5.25pm

-------------
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

yeah me too....

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

Posted By: colint
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

yeah me too....

Thanks for that, Thought I was losing the plot there for a bit, I've only had one Jameson LOL

-------------
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Posted By: jbl_man
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:13pm
Yep,same here,gremlin on page two of this thread.

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by mkmk2 ginger biscuit 69 mkmk2 ginger biscuit 69 wrote:

may i ask why you needealexalext facebook requiring the 'founder' of a website to make a group before facebookl authorise it? I thought void/rog had completely passed over ownership and running to the current arogn/mod group after the mishaps....

To me 'contribute' sounds remarkably like a new front of commercial backing, and look where that got the forum last time (on the blunt, people leaving and FSP being setup as a fall out plan due to SP looking like it was about to implode in a puff of soundlab smoke!).

I presume any manufacturer will be able to join usoundlabtribute' new equipment pictures and info without bias from the administration group?

Evening mate

It's mainly to do with facebook rules,i have to agree with facebook that i have the rights to use the name speakerplans.

As for who owns this place,i don't know,i was under the impression it was Bruce,but i would imagine the name maybe copyrighted or something ..which is still own by Alex?

As for the other question.......too right as long as it's got to do with sound systems and is useful to other people and isn't spamming the page or slating well respected companies then post away ..

But i only set it up for a bit of fun,all i did was set a page lol,the same as thousands of people do every day,and i will do my up most to keep it clean and tidy,..and more to the point who the hell am i to say it will only be this manufactures or that manufactures,im not interested in background wars between firms..i just love speakers and sound system,and cant get enough of them ,and like the idea of seeing more from where ever that is ..apart from squatjuice LOL..........thats all ginge ,why dont you become admin then you can add your own thoughts Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:08pm
edit .post above was showing live spell checker ,but i got rid of it now  Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:42am
hah good answer, was hoping that was your intentions, dont worry got nout against it, just asking while its early on.

thanks for the admin offer, but tbh its a bad idea. Too many people dislike my rather upfront nature, which is fair enough, blunt is goodTongue.

good luck with it

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:22am
thanks mate... it looks like we are of to a good start anyway Big smile

cheers for the support

-------------

Posted By: Randall
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:36am
Speakerplans is my escape from all the idiots on facebook! Linking the two can only end in a load of people who love free parties joining the forum and clogging it up with...

'ive got 2 computer speakers rated 1000w, how do you link them up to the amp in my punto'

I would have to move to squatjuice

Part of me agrees with you on this, but tbh, there is a whole wealth of knowledge on this forum that I know has certainly helped me, I must admit I'm still low on the chain and still early on in the learning process but before I was on this forum, I was the man with 20 hifi speakers plugged into a home-mix cd deck. All it needs is some of the people on here with more knowledge to just point people in the right direction and hope they can learn

Posted By: jack-red-eye
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:01pm
your right randal and i was at the same stage (and some probably think i still am when i say silly things on the forum) but facebook would bring people that arnt nessicerily looking to advance their knowledge about sound equipment past what they have in their bedroom/car

-------------
Red Eye HiFi

Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by jack-red-eye jack-red-eye wrote:

your right randal and i was at the same stage (and some probably think i still am when i say silly things on the forum) but facebook would bring people that arnt nessicerily looking to advance their knowledge about sound equipment past what they have in their bedroom/car

Hi jack ,

you have to think about the amount of people that have come on here with that in mind ,and within a couple of days, they soon realize how wrong they are,and then start to have much bigger aspirations regarding sound...my self included i was the maplins man lol,and for me i think to see that in action is fantastic,and im sure there is hundreads of members that came across this place in that way

And i don't think you can pigeon hole FB users like that tbh,every f****r is on there more or less lol

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:01am
As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

-------------
Be seeing you.

Posted By: nuclearbass
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:04am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:18am
I don't get pc running slow issues with FB.

I used to get the odd issue with webwiz as we all did, like text dissapearing after writing. Other than that nothing.

The 'kids' here use FB. They have no issues either. If they did I would get to sort it out.

Iv'e read posts on here with FB issues. We get none of them. There are 6 PC's on our router. All are fine. Been on broadband here from day 1 available, over 10 years. Not one virous. Dunno what all you guys get wrong...Smile

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Posted By: 4D
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:05am
Sheesh I dont have enough hours in the day to visit sp & fb so why dilute the uniqueness of the sp when there is already pa of the day and dozens of other related pages on fb..

-------------
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"

Posted By: rich21
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:01pm
Clap
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Sheesh I dont have enough hours in the day to visit sp & fb so why dilute the uniqueness of the sp when there is already pa of the day and dozens of other related pages on fb..
Clap

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/SLRuk" rel="nofollow - facebook!
http://www.slruk.com" rel="nofollow - website!

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:21pm

+1

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:32pm

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pci use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,always same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

funny enough that just started happening to me ,it was totally unusable,even though it has always been fine,in the end i changed to firefox browser and its fine again,i was just using Internet explorer ...so i don't know if its fb or the browser Confused

-------------

Posted By: asaa00
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by bruce bruce wrote:

Just slightly off topic but if any one is interested in the development of the Web Wiz Forums software used to power this forum setup a Facebook page for it a few weeks ago at:-

http://www.facebook.com/WebWiz" rel="nofollow - www.facebook.com/WebWiz

Could do with a few more likes on it Wink Especially now Google Rank websites on how many people follow websites in social media like Facebook.

I have some buttons that I have made to link to http://feeds.feedburner.com/Speakerplans" rel="nofollow - Speakerplans Feedburner RSS and http://www.facebook.com/Speakerplans" rel="nofollow - Speakerplans Facebook that I will add to the forum over the weekend if I get 5 minutes.

dude is there any way we can see more posts per page when viewing a forum??????

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/asaa - My Studio Productions

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now

go update your java.  www.java.com

-------------

Posted By: Friss
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:35pm

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pci use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,always same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

funny enough that just started happening to me ,it was totally unusable,even though it has always been fine,in the end i changed to firefox browser and its fine again,i was just using Internet explorer ...so i don't know if its fb or the browser Confused

EDIT: Been corrected.  Or, rather, WRONGED.

Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Friss Friss wrote:

Wacko

I think some browsers and/or routers aren't so good with it because it keeps a constant connection open, 'cause we need to see what everyone's up to in real time...

erm.. in short.. no

-------------

Posted By: toastyghost
Date Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Wacko

go update your java.  www.java.com

Java has nothing to do with javascript.

Posted By: The Mole
Date Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by rich21 rich21 wrote:

Clap
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Clap
+10 ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

FacebookThumbs Down

Date Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:13am
I like facebook but think this needs to be kept away....its kinda like the magicians magic circle....putting it on facebook opens it up for people who arnt intrested but are just nosey.....

Posted By: Randall
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:46am
I'm not trying to deliberately piss anyone off or anything, but surly theirs no criteria as such to join the forum except to have a at least some interest in audio and any derivatives there of. I still run two soundlab double 12 miss, that doesn't mean I don't wish to upgrade and I know there not the best in the world but surely that doesn't mean I'm not allowed on this forum? And anyway, you don't have to join the fb group and you can just pretend it doesn't exist?

Posted By: opus jody
Date Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:20am
There's another forum I know, a much smaller one(maybe 50 regulars & a few hundred occasional posters, that had a FB page made for it, and in my opinion it's killed that forum.
don't get me wrong, the FB format is great, maybe too good, but riddled with associated problems.
I'll do FB & SP, but I wouldn't put them together. if you want SP, go to SP. if you want your friends/contacts, go to FB.
I'd vote 4D for admin, if he wants to, but he doesn't sound too keen on the idea.

-------------
Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos

Posted By: Nachural
Date Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:32am
Maybe I'm missing something but how does facebook enhance this forum? Is it relative to us ua all?

-------------
it's all just cardboard and magnets really

Date Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:58am
It must be Chris. Most of the posts on FB so far are from nuts like us. There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

For those that don't like it... just don't use it. Simple.

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Posted By: Nachural
Date Posted: 30 May 2011 at 11:06am
Good point, I'll give it a go!

-------------
it's all just cardboard and magnets really

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:17am
anyone know what this gibberish is ???

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:22am
Spam Mike.Deleted now.Thumbs Up

-------------
Be seeing you.

Posted By: norty303
Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:22pm
Quote There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

See, I don't get why/how SP became this technoanal monster you describe.

My reason for joining originally was the banter, ribbing and general comedy alongside all the good technical stuff. When/how/why did this change (if it indeed has)?

I agree, pics posting is a PITA on SP (which FB does admirably) until you 'get with the programme' [imageshack/photobucket/etc]

-------------
My laser stuff: http://www.facebook.com/SubsonicSystems" rel="nofollow - Frikkin Lasers

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:27pm

Spam Mike.Deleted now.Thumbs Up

oh i see ,thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Quote There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

See, I don't get why/how SP became this technoanal monster you describe.

My reason for joining originally was the banter, ribbing and general comedy alongside all the good technical stuff. When/how/why did this change (if it indeed has)?

I agree, pics posting is a PITA on SP (which FB does admirably) until you 'get with the programme' [imageshack/photobucket/etc]

TBH i don't find it difficult to upload pics to sp,i just use photobucket and once you get your head round it is very simple as you say ,but a lot of other people do find it difficult,

But the face book page is not there as an attentive to sp its there as an extension,and it seemed like the right thing to do with all the new facebook links and stuff added to the site

but its doing ok with nearly 600 likes which it not huge but quite good i think,i have started uploading all the plans to the page and will finish them off when i get time ,as well as any other free plans i can find along the way ,i,ve just been a bit busy lately

And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:23pm

"And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing"

Yep, agree looking at pics of set-ups is in the blood, as is being seriously technical, but I do techno every day. Fb  will for certain be different, light hearted and IS easyier to upload pics. Of course I can use photobucket. ( doh!) It's just easier to post it straight in and not use a third party host.

Some great pics on Fb already, which are easier to collate and manage, yet alone to view.

Now then, back to the designs for the active ferromagnetic, active suspension drive unit we are creating.

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Date Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

"And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing"

Yep, agree looking at pics of set-ups is in the blood, as is being seriously technical, but I do techno every day. Fb  will for certain be different, light hearted and IS easyier to upload pics. Of course I can use photobucket. ( doh!) It's just easier to post it straight in and not use a third party host.

Some great pics on Fb already, which are easier to collate and manage, yet alone to view.

Now then, back to the designs for the active ferromagnetic, active suspension drive unit we are creating.

oh i've made one of them!! took bloody ages ..we use a flux capacitor in the end to make the hypo drive function correctly,was good when finished though

-------------

Posted By: smoore
Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 11:13am
Any more photo's to go up?

Date Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by smoore smoore wrote:

Any more photo's to go up?

I have been adding a couple each day or so  + plans,

I'm not going to uploads to many at a time,so the page keeps getting something new each day or so

There is also a fair few people uploading there pics most days,but we can always do with more,

The page is dong OK imo, 720 likes and it keeps going up bit by bit,there is a fair few question asked on there that i try my best to answer,but would be great if more people with more knowledge than me would join in ,..and thanks for everyone that has like and joined in

Mike

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2011 at 9:01am
Good morning all

Just a quick update on the facebook page,we have now reached 800 flowers,and getting some interesting posts and pictures being uploaded, 

so if you haven't joined already, then please join the page,and help make it a interesting one by uploading you pics of anything related to sound systems

many thanks

Mike

https://www.facebook.com/speakerplans" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/speakerplans

-------------

Posted By: MattyG
Date Posted: 25 July 2011 at 2:06pm
That's a nice page, I have to say!

Date Posted: 25 July 2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by MattyG MattyG wrote:

That's a nice page, I have to say!

Thank you matty and welcome to the world of speakerplans Big smile

we are 12 away from 1000 so please join if haven't already

thanks

mike

-------------

Date Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:26pm
we have reached 1000 likes ,thanks to everyone for contributing ,and long may it continue

-------------

Posted By: HighGradeBlazer
Date Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:14pm
Liked! :)

Date Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:37am
saw this bit of news about Facebook in The Register this morning....

Facebook will begin adding photos of its users to third-party adverts appearing in users' news feeds come early next year, so if you're the sort who's a bit free with your thumbs-up button, there's no way out of being featured alongside a tin of baked beans or a pair of knickers on the social network.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/21/facebook_sponsored_stories/" rel="nofollow - Full Article here

Now who on the SP Facebook page will get linked to what I wonder - looking at some other threads about products on here

Mik

-------------

Posted By: The Builder
Date Posted: 23 December 2011 at 8:56am
Lets just hope FSP doesn't sink to this.

Oh, we've got x amount of likes

FFS.

Angry

-------------
It just is.

Posted By: raggastagga
Date Posted: 11 February 2012 at 7:00pm
risky me thinks....there will be a rise in quantity but the quality will become diluted....

Posted By: rocioclm
Date Posted: 16 February 2012 at 12:26pm
I would recommend to open a welcome tab, it helps to look proffesional and some third app allow to set it up for free, try pagemodo

Date Posted: 16 February 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Lets just hope FSP doesn't sink to this.

Oh, we've got x amount of likes

FFS.

Angry

it's only a certain amount of the users here paying any attention to this.

Posted By: Summa
Date Posted: 29 February 2012 at 6:16pm
Blue thumbed !

Posted By: transf
Date Posted: 03 December 2012 at 2:43am
WinkNice page!

Posted By: st3fan
Date Posted: 05 December 2012 at 2:59pm
I have a question .... 
I have just made a page selling off my gear from a community project.
It's all going to be collection only on all the stuff basically, and i wanted to know if me putting a link on the speakerplans page would be breaking the selling rules or not.
Everything is collection and so i cant see any of the trouble that brought about the selling changes, everyone will be testing the gear on site etc. 
I cant be bothered with ebaying it all, im just putting bits up on facebook, loot and gumtree for collection only ... 
Anyway .. what would happen if i put up a post with a link to my page on the facebook speakerplans page? Is that a no no or ok?

Date Posted: 05 December 2012 at 3:10pm
i think there has to be an all or nothing implementation of the rule really... so i'd say if you did it, it would be taken down, as everyone else's has been (since the rule imposition). and i wouldn't expect any dialogue or explanation about it.

just an opinion.. good luck with sales.

Posted By: audreyewing
Date Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:01pm
It's great i like it

Date Posted: 10 September 2013 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by st3fan st3fan wrote:

I have a question .... 
I have just made a page selling off my gear from a community project.
It's all going to be collection only on all the stuff basically, and i wanted to know if me putting a link on the speakerplans page would be breaking the selling rules or not.
Everything is collection and so i cant see any of the trouble that brought about the selling changes, everyone will be testing the gear on site etc. 
I cant be bothered with ebaying it all, im just putting bits up on facebook, loot and gumtree for collection only ... 
Anyway .. what would happen if i put up a post with a link to my page on the facebook speakerplans page? Is that a no no or ok?

in keeping with rules on here i do delete for sale adds on the page ...when i remember lol 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 September 2013 at 2:18am
Who,.. what.. oh... my memory seems to have faded again,.. who are you..? Jehovas Witness, no sorry, pizz off...

-------------
Billy Dawg.

Date Posted: 11 September 2013 at 5:25pm
hahaha you keep on knocking but you cant come in ..

-------------

Posted By: Battered
Date Posted: 12 September 2013 at 4:31am
Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in.....

Posted By: ssphire
Date Posted: 03 January 2014 at 6:04pm
i havent been on here in a while HAPPY NEW YEAR my bass heads http://www.facebook.com/sspsoundsystem

Posted By: tv00
Date Posted: 26 August 2014 at 9:14am
Hey how about speakerplans take over & facebook would have to do a profile on here? Oh yeah?

Facebook really sucks! You can even pay to spam peoples private inboxes!

Me, I better ad my facebook link to my post signature while waiting for speakerplans to take over.

Posted By: 70,s hero
Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 6:31pm
I have only joined recently but here is my take on it for what its worth. Facebook is O.K. but is used for or can be used to get personal data so expect lots of ads appearing in your email junk box from speaker related stuff including ads for dating sites. After all face book sell Data for commercial reasons.

I remember a few years ago when my P.C came up with a very menacing message which inferred that my computer had been used for something not very nice and it told me to pay for a scan. God only knows where this tosh came from but its only going to get worse.

And on that basis.... ime out

-------------
Top banana

Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by 70,s hero 70,s hero wrote:

I have only joined recently but here is my take on it for what its worth. Facebook is O.K. but is used for or can be used to get personal data so expect lots of ads appearing in your email junk box from speaker related stuff including ads for dating sites. After all face book sell Data for commercial reasons.

I remember a few years ago when my P.C came up with a very menacing message which inferred that my computer had been used for something not very nice and it told me to pay for a scan. God only knows where this tosh came from but its only going to get worse.

And on that basis.... ime out

dont know what you've been doing but ive never had any such like spam via my facebook email address and my facebook isnt really used for personal stuff more even based stuff, with 3,000 + friends i havent yet been spammed by any one, and only spam people i feel it relevant, nor have a i had any scam like that, id advise that its not facebook thats the problem here...

-------------
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio

Posted By: Adam_Iron_Horse
Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:06pm
^^^ +1 to that.

-------------
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective

Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:34pm
Well I don't run virus anti software that's for sure and there have been cases where Facebook has been used to hack in to individuals personal data as with any other online facility.

Ive just removed and activated (block all) 12 spam emails and each month I check that some sort of advertising file extension hasn't been added to my browser. This amongst other things is a regular occurrence and an example of the all too often  prevalence of unwanted intrusions in to our private lives by the use of personal data.

I know we are all profiled and even O2 are doing it, just last week my wife was sent a MSG on her phone for something she did not want but was related to her age and personal profile, I have experienced the same.

What I have been "doing" is carefully ascertaining through research, the intrusions that businesses like facebook are allowing to happen due to commercial interests.They have sold millions of personal profiles to advertising companies...fact.

I have also been "doing" regular restore points to earlier dates on my P.C. in a rather pathetic attempt at stopping the ever ingenious SPAM /malware idiots from infiltrating my P.C.

However, I am now told that my router is being used by these idiots. And so, whilst I use Facebook and may I add, Hotmail.. they are becoming a platform for advertising commercial goods... including dating... 
and that in itself is not what I want personally. 

-------------
Top banana

Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:12pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/11205517/Top-five-Facebook-scams-revealed.html

-------------
Top banana

Date Posted: 27 September 2016 at 4:52pm
The German data protection agency has ordered Facebook to stop collecting user data from its  https://www.theguardian.com/technology/whatsapp" rel="nofollow - WhatsApp  messenger app and delete any data it has already received.

The social network  https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/25/whatsapp-to-give-users-phone-number-facebook-for-targeted-ads" rel="nofollow - announced in August  that it would begin sharing data from its 1 billion-plus user base, including phone numbers, from WhatsApp users with Facebook for the purpose of targeted ads. It gave users the option of opting out of the data being used for advertising purposes, but did not allow them to opt out of the data sharing between WhatsApp and Facebook.

-------------
Top banana

Posted By: guig
Date Posted: 17 February 2017 at 4:19am
+1 to that Smile

Posted By: snowflake
Date Posted: 18 April 2023 at 1:43am
so is anyone on FB a lot? I'm Phil Pope if anyone wants to link up - profile pic is Billy Idol (I looked a bit like him twenty years ago Smile)

Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 18 April 2023 at 9:30am
No one posted there since 2012

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net