URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60390
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 6:19pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: SoundSytem Sound-Off January 2012
Posted By: Motion54
Subject: SoundSytem Sound-Off January 2012
Date Posted: 11 December 2011 at 9:02pm

Featured Sounds:- 

CULTURE-E FOUNDATION SOUND (East London)

REGGAE MAGIC (South London)

HEATHROW BASS LABS (West London) 

MOTION54 (East London)

SoundCheck:     5pm-11pm 
Proper Dance: 11pm-3.30am 

SoundCheck features all 4 Sounds  
Proper Dance features Motion54 plus guest sounds 

GOLDEN PALACE BANQUETING SUITE,
Unit 39 Hastings wood Trading Estate,

Harbet Street,
London
N18 3HU

Map and Directions:

Below is a map and directions to help you locate venue.

The blue spot roughly marks where venue is located on map.

I suggest approaching from the Argon Rd end of Harbet Rd.

Follow the road up passing a car pound on your left and as the road   starts to bend to the left past the first large trading estate, you should see on your right, signs for "Hasting Wood Trading Estate" and "Golden Palace" and  "Eddies Cafe"

Turn right into estate and go through barrier by pressing buzzer and asking for access to Golden Palace.

Continue pass the first building on your right and then turn right and continue straight ahead.

You will see "Eddie's Cafe" and "Golden Palace" straight in front of you...........you have arrived!!!

ReggaeMagic

Motion54

Culture-E Foundation

Replies:
Date Posted: 13 December 2011 at 4:53pm
THIS EDITION ALLOWS SOUNDS TO BRING 4 SUBS MAX

A sound can bring upto 4 sub boxes no bigger than a scoop with each sub cab comprising a max of 1 driver (2 drivers if reflex). 

Kick cabs are also allowed but must play kick/high bass frequencies!! 

All scoops will be classed as sub duty cabs only. 

THESE GUIDLINES ARE SET IN ORDER TO GIVE EACH SOUND ROUGHLY A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

We are aware there are gonna be different views on definitions of sub, kick, driver amounts in cabs etc but we believe the cab size is more important than the 1 driver or 2 per cab in sub boxes roughly the same volume................BUT UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT AT ONE OF OUR EVENTS WE WILL STICK TO THIS THEORY!!!

EACH SOUND IS ENTITLED TO AT LEAST ONE 32amp CEEFORM CONNECTION REGARDLESS AT WHAT TIME THEY ARRIVE 

SoundSystem Sound-Off is a SoundCheck after all, but we would still like to see sounds entertaining the punters with music and vibes with their microphones as this is key to keeping these kind of events alive!

Date Posted: 15 December 2011 at 8:31pm
Motion54 will be defending the RX18dc corner.

This one is will kickstart 2012 in good fashion.

Make sure you don't work/play too hard new years eve and save your entrance money on new years for this installment of Soundsystem Sound-Off!

Posted By: ermita
Date Posted: 16 December 2011 at 8:12pm
Looking forward for the 2012 Big BangLOLThumbs Up

Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 2:14pm
Just to confirm, due to following day being a bank holiday, this episode will be a 2 part event.

SoundCheck - 5pm-11pm with all four sounds.
Proper Dance - 11pm-3.30am with Motion54 plus guest sounds.

Posted By: dan i dubdub
Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:26pm
Nice booking style Motion54, Happy New Year's day to ya!

Posted By: levyte357
Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Just to confirm, due to following day being a bank holiday, this episode will be a 2 part event.

SoundCheck - 5pm-11pm with all four sounds.
Proper Dance - 11pm-3.30am with Motion54 plus guest sounds.

Clap

Will the 11pm guest sounds be selectors playing on sounds already in the building?

-------------
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".

Posted By: QSS
Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Will the 11pm guest sounds be selectors playing on sounds already in the building?

11pm-3.30am with Motion54 plus guest sounds.

Think the guest sounds will be playing on Motion54's system

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

This is yet to be confirmed, but atleast one sound will be joining us from the SOUNDCHECK to continue throughout the night using their own set.
More info will be revealed as time goes on, once certain elements have been confirmed.

Posted By: balistic_sounds
Date Posted: 21 December 2011 at 11:08pm
Sounds like knock out stages

-------------
Don't underestimate no sound!

Date Posted: 22 December 2011 at 6:39am
Originally posted by balistic_sounds balistic_sounds wrote:

Sounds like knock out stages

It's not actually, but thats a good idea though!!!

Posted By: MrSound
Date Posted: 26 December 2011 at 8:06pm
who r the guest sounds ,does any1 know ??

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 26 December 2011 at 9:14pm
also are mellowtone re-entering one of these events? very interested in hearing their sound Thumbs Up

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 30 December 2011 at 12:50am

This is yet to be confirmed, but atleast one sound will be joining us from the SOUNDCHECK to continue throughout the night using their own set.
More info will be revealed as time goes on, once certain elements have been confirmed.

???

Originally posted by MrSound MrSound wrote:

+1

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 30 December 2011 at 1:09am
Might finally get to hear some ES18's.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Posted By: kilowattsounds
Date Posted: 30 December 2011 at 10:51pm
looking forward

-------------
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home - my facebook page

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:15pm
Not playing tonight so will be hitting the M4 early tomorrow. Looking forward to thisThumbs Up

Got lots of goodies in Santa's bag if anyone needs me to bring anything let me know.

@Spanners, your prezis are loadedThumbs Up

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:37pm

Not playing tonight so will be hitting the M4 early tomorrow. Looking forward to thisThumbs Up

Got lots of goodies in Santa's bag if anyone needs me to bring anything let me know.

Kutty bring me £350 wrapped in gold leaf! (lol).

Gentlemen, I've been extremely busy the last couple weeks, but don't worry, all sounds are ready and willing!!!

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by MrSound MrSound wrote:

So far Moody Ranks (Gemi Magic) will be spinning some tunes on the Motion Sound, and Culture-E, Reggae Magic will be staying on to nice up the Dance.

Other DJs are yet to be confirmed...... Depending on their state after tonight!!!

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:49pm

Kutty bring me £350 wrapped in gold leaf! (lol).

Gentlemen, I've been extremely busy the last couple weeks, but don't worry, all sounds are ready and willing!!!

Sorry mate but I only have silver leaves, so I'll wrap it in that.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 12:08pm
Happy 2012 to all!!!

If I forget to say you all a little later.....,,,,
"THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING PROMOTION54 IN KEEPING THE SOUNDSYSTEM ALIVE AND THIS GOES OUT TO ATTENDEES AND SOUNDS WHO HAVE ENTERED THIS EVENT!!!!!

WE GIVE THANKS FOR BEING ABLE TO BE IN A POSITION TO BRING SO MANY SOUND SOLDIERS FROM ALL OVER THE UK TO LINK AND REASON TOGETHER FOR THE BETTERMENT OF SOUNDSYSTEM CULTURE!!!!

WE HOPE 2012 BRINGS MORE PROMOTIONS WHERE THE LICKLE NO NAME SOUND CAN SHINE ALONGSIDE THE BIGGER NAMES IN THE BUSINESS AND CREATE A REVIVAL FOR THE SOUND TING ON A LARGER SCALE!!!!

EASY AV PROMOTIONS, QSS PROMOTIONS, GEE PROMOTIONS AND BNE PROMOTIONS WHO INSPIRED WE!!!!    

Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 2:11pm
word is this will be a busy night Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 3:12pm

Santa, have you got any Neutrik NL4FC's in the sack ?

http://www.newworldproaudio.com/assets/images/connectors-adaptors/neutrik-nl4fc.jpg

-------------

Posted By: Eternity
Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 4:39pm

http://www.newworldproaudio.com/assets/images/connectors-adaptors/neutrik-nl4fc.jpg

Make sure you pack one of them K10 Powersofts as well!

Posted By: tweeter box
Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Eternity Eternity wrote:

Make sure you pack one of them K10 Powersofts as well!

and ill have £4000 please to pay for my new double glazing, thankyou Santa i been a good boy this year  Smile

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 7:22pm
can anybody confirm if the lamb shank is on tonight?????????

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:52am
Respects to Motion 54 and all sound crews for a great night.

Motion 54 set sounding even better, QSS pre-amp making scoops sound sweet.

Star of the show for me was definitely Heathrow Bass Labs Set and Crew.
With Mich, Tippa, Tek on the set, fearsome crew. LOL

HBL minis "fully" embarrassed 2x of the other crews full scoops, never heard any 4x minis fill a venue like that before. Clap

Not saying one word about the sub amp. Just that all 4x subs were on 1x channel, and started smashing the place. Wink

Those Community tops also embarassed other stacks at least 4ft taller. LOL

Michigan sounding like a regular Radio DJ, and almost starting a fight, LOL

Must say, dance did lost the vibe, when HBL Crew signed off. I think couple of sounds in there were lucky, Tek only got to drop 2x tunes, as writing was already on the wall..

"Michigan" on the Mic for Heathrow BassLabs

http://www.mydroid.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/e23b0a95c796416d.jpg.jpg

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:31am
Yes big respects to Motion 54, keep up the brilliant works brotha, nice, all sounds on the night nuff respects Clap

Peace........................ Big smile

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:48am
thanks to everyone for their help

click to unzoom

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:56am
Big up Pro-motion 54 crew. Wicked night yet again. Keep up the good work
Big up to all 4 sounds or as Mitch said 3 sounds and the "Box builder crew"
All good fun. Good way to start 2012, got a feeling this year is gonna be a good year for Sound system

Oh @ Lev - Not my preamp mate, that is motion's preamp

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:59am
Thumbs Up

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 10:40am
Big respec to Motion 54 once again and nuff respects to all 3 sounds and the "box builder crew" Heathrow bass labs for all making the effort to bring out their sounds.

That being said, as you know I always like to give my opinion on the night and as I paid my £5 here is what I thought but no disrespect intended.

Foundation Culture E sound needs a complete overhaul..Sounded like their set was playing back to front. seemed as if mids was playing thru the tops and tops was playing throung their mids! Even tho they may have had technical issues, they were still trying to force their sound to keep up with the others. Why???? Sorry guys but back to the drawing board i think. Try using a mixer into an eq, then a simple 3 way crossover with 3 amps as this would sound much better.

Reggae Magic - sounded a bit better than Foundation but still poor. I hate to see a selector playing tunes while sitting in a chair. Set was again quite poor. Looked like a tubbys pre amp but that needs to be replaced or the operator needs to read the manual on how to use a tubbys pre amp. As for the bad language on the mic You will never score any brownie points there my friend. With regards to setting another date for playing HBL - You will loose (plain and simple) and i dont think many people would turn up anyway! I heard you played alot of dubs on the night but the set was so poor I couldnt hear any of them.

Heathrow Bass labs - Nice sounding set. Had the clearest mic on the night. Very impressed with the Community mids/tops section. 4 x double 8 inchs for mids, although you needed more to cover the venue. Bass was loud but had no deepness, but I feel sounded best overall. Music selection was all over the place tho. Using a QSC PL9 for bass.

Motion 54 - Sounded alot better than last time. Bass was by far the deepest on the night but seemed to play only deep notes. Need to turn up your kick boxes to et the higher bass notes. But i think those ASS scoop chambers have something to do with that. Tops were not as crisp as HBL. The mostec pre amp did make the bass sound better than last time tho. Good tune selection on the night.

Overall there were only 2 sound systems that sounded ok. The other 2 need to rebuild and enter again once they've rebuilt. Just my opinion.

Big up promoters once again.Look forward to the next one.

-------------
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!

Posted By: Uneek
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:15am
Big up to everyone that came out last night was very intresting and funny but as mitch said we are not here as a sound where here to test HBL mini's with all kind of music but if that was a dance then a different ting music wise trust and for those that know there was 3 sound man behind the set, mitchigan vibes, tippa audio and universal sound, and that's what its about unite and help one another and keep sound system going 1 love peace

-------------
Universal Sound System sound of the future

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:03pm
Any more pics,coulnt make this one but defo back on track for the feb one,well done all sounds for takin part !

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:03pm
Reggae Magic did play some nice tunes, and sounded fairly heavy at one point, but then, they did have 2x mini scoops above their 4x scoops... Naughty..

Yes, Reggae Magic MC & Mitch did swear once.... Naughty

Just remembered, May seem like Mich caused friction, but that wasn't until Reggae Magic MC said HBL set wasn't a soundsystem, and dissed them for not just playing Reggae.

Good SP Turnout as well. Clap

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Heathrow Bass labs - Nice sounding set. Had the clearest mic on the night. Very impressed with the Community mids/tops section. 4 x double 8 inchs for mids, although you needed more to cover the venue. Bass was loud but had no deepness, but I feel sounded best overall. 

Towards end of the night, think the crew went for it, and deepened the sub, because when Tek was selecting,  there was deepness... Trust...Wink

Motion 54 - Sounded alot better than last time. Bass was by far the deepest on the night but seemed to play only deep notes. Need to turn up your kick boxes to et the higher bass notes. But i think those ASS scoop chambers have something to do with that.The mostec pre amp did make the bass sound better than last time tho. Good tune selection on the night.

Yes, huge improvement on the tune selection this time. Adjusting kick by eq for every tune would sort upper bass, as 1851 is stronger on low notes than '50, but not as strong 60hz up in the RX18DC.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:04pm
hbl's minis definatly impressed me. Thumbs Up aswell as the tiny mid hi's! man built his scoops himself so credit where its due for that Clap

enjoyed the banter with all the soundman in the place, Tony, always a pleasure mate Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:37pm
2012 everyone must be real bout everything................

Friday 30th Dec 2011, I paid my £20 to listen Luv Injection, Coxsone & Now Generation @ the Drum Centre Birmingham, the session was a success Thumbs Up

I paid my £5 to listen 4 sounds in Golden Palace last night, all 4 sounds played music that I could hear & feel Clap

Read Carefully:

All 4 sounds that was playing in the Golden Palace would have turned over all 3 sounds in the Drum Centre on Friday 30th Dec 2011 Exclamation  FACT

& another note, Read good this statement too:

HBL had 8 bass box
Reggae Magic had 6 bass box
Culture E had 7 bass box
Motion 54 had 8 bass

(2012 is for real tark, social media mek nuff finger loose)

Respect........................ Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

2012 everyone must be real bout everything................

Friday 30th Dec 2011, I paid my £20 to listen Luv Injection, Coxsone & Now Generation @ the Drum Centre Birmingham, the session was a success Thumbs Up

I paid my £5 to listen 4 sounds in Golden Palace last night, all 4 sounds played music that I could hear & feel Clap

Read Carefully:

All 4 sounds that was playing in the Golden Palace would have turned over all 3 sounds in the Drum Centre on Friday 30th Dec 2011 Exclamation  FACT

& another note, Read good this statement too:

HBL had 8 bass box
Culture E had 7 bass box
Motion 54 had 8 bass

(2012 is for real tark, social media mek nuff finger loose)

ClapClapThumbs Up
Thumbs UpClap

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:54pm

, Read good this statement too:

HBL had 8 bass box
Culture E had 7 bass box
Motion 54 had 8 bass

Respects Gee LOL

But don't forget, rules say 4x subs and 4x kick bins,Embarrassed

Motion & HBL had 4x subs and 4x kick bins.

Rules also say no using subs above subs as kick, as some people will run sub through the cabs above the actual subs.

And I definitely heard sub coming the shortman mini's in Reggae Magic stack.Shocked

-------------

Posted By: mykey-
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:00pm
reggae magic? don't you mean Gemmi magic?

-------------
BbbBBRAAAAPppBBBBbgushhhhhhhhssshhhhhGrAbRAAAAAAPPPPPp = Dubstep

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:00pm
Yes gee was.also at injection dance.sum supa tuff tunes but all sounds were pretty weak,lot of peeps doing this playin mid bass bins down low.but not delayed propa it will cancell(wonder howmany are as lots of sounds have no lms)i tryed bs1200s court w bins and reflex 15s and all have noticable probs without correct delays!!!lookin forward 2012 my self as have made changes to as have others

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:05pm

HBL had 8 bass box
Culture E had 7 bass box
Motion 54 had 8 bass

Respects Gee LOL

But don't forget, rules say 8x subs and 4x kick bins,Embarrassed

Motion & HBL had 8x subs and 4x kick bins.

Rules also say no using subs above subs as kick, as some people will run sub through the cabs above the actual subs.

And I definitely heard sub coming the shortman mini's in Reggae Magic stack.

So we are back to that argument again!!! When will it end..........

In my opinion each sound should be allowed to bring 8 bass speakers. Sounds that use kicks should be able to bring 4 kicks and 4 subs. Sounds that dont use kicks like Goverment should be able to bring 4 doubles, its as simple as that. Therefore if a sound turns up with 8 scoops then that up to them as long as they dont use kicks and just have mids and tops.

In all of the sounds defence, they adhered to the rules so you cant blame them for that (promoter sets the rules)

@ Gee136 - If all of the sounds including Reggae Magic and Foundation sounded better than Coxsone and Luv Injection then god help us all! I would have asked for my money back.

-------------
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:15pm

HBL had 8 bass box
Culture E had 7 bass box
Motion 54 had 8 bass

Respects Gee LOL

But don't forget, rules say 8x subs and 4x kick bins,Embarrassed

Motion & HBL had 8x subs and 4x kick bins.

And I definitely heard sub coming the shortman mini's in Reggae Magic stack.

In my opinion each sound should be allowed to bring 8 bass speakers. Sounds that use kicks should be able to bring 4 kicks and 4 subs. Sounds that dont use kicks like Goverment should be able to bring 4 doubles, its as simple as that. Therefore if a sound turns up with 8 scoops then that up to them as long as they dont use kicks and just have mids and tops.

In all of the sounds defence, they adhered to the rules so you cant blame them for that (promoter sets the rules)

@ Gee136 - If all of the sounds including Reggae Magic and Foundation sounded better than Coxsone and Luv Injection then god help us all! I would have asked for my money back.

Gemmi Magic = 3 way preamp (tubbys)

HBL = no idea coz he used a crossover, but amp leds showed 3 way signals, please confirm

Motion 54 = mixer/crossover + 3 way preamp (mostec)

Culture E  = 3 way preamp (mostec)

so i agree with Gee on this one!

also HBL your minis looked very familiar LOL

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: Uneek
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:27pm
Yes hbl was playing 3 way with 4 subs on 1 channle 4 kicks on one channle and 4 to 3 mid tops on 1 channel

-------------
Universal Sound System sound of the future

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:27pm
I my books kick BASS is BASS

I understand nuff soundmen would never admit to it, cause without thier kick bass then their machine will be weaker!!!

My sound is double boxes, we own x11 of them now, we do not own anything else & never will own anything else Exclamation Imagine 6 double bass of Govermnet in one section, then we turn round tell people, oh yeah 4 doubles playing sub bass 38hz & the 2 doubles on the top playing upper bass Question BUT my upper bass is 39hz...............................

2012 get real, stop fool the people, facts is facts, just get on with it, leave a man to carry what he desire to make is machine sound the way they happy with, this one cap fit all nah mek it fi 2012........

Respect........................... Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:28pm

Good thing I'm not a promoter then.. LOL

Otherwise systems coming in to the venue, would pass by couple of these guys first.LOL

http://www.letsgodigital.info/digitaal%20materiaal/3tg/spreekvaardigheid/holiday/passport-control.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:43pm
easy to fish out the cheaters

get there early, ask to hear each band played separately    sub - bass/kick - mid - tops

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:48pm
that wouldnt work as you can always rewire/configure etc at any time of the evening. the people that are really interested in how a sound is running and what is playing what will know.

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

easy to fish out the cheaters

get there early, ask to hear each band played separately    sub - bass/kick - mid - tops

Wouldn't work mate...

As soon as gig starts hotting up, xover points could change.

In big name gigs, they just stipulate how many subs, and that's that, so pointless trying to govern it.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 4:01pm
Could and.would,theres a few big sounds who use kicks down to 50 and with 1550s or 18' driver ,as these 2 use it fills the room without sub.......can not really blame them tho as its a dog eat dog ting in the digital world of dub!!!

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

dog eat dog ting
things haven't and will never change thenLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

that wouldnt work as you can always rewire/configure etc at any time of the evening. the people that are really interested in how a sound is running and what is playing what will know.
then I wouldn't like to enter anything like this. I live in a fair world

-------------

Posted By: MotioN54SOLO
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 4:27pm
Hapi Neu Yeah and raspec to everyone who reached las nite, massive shouts to Kutty QSS family, Moody Ranks (Gemi "in ting" Magic) , Reggae Magic , HBL, & Foundation's Culture E
it's all in the name of fun & entertainment for £5
cant have it boring now can we

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by MotioN54SOLO MotioN54SOLO wrote:

it's all in the name of fun & entertainment for £5
and if people danced they could lose 5lb

..........on my way to get curry goat!

-------------

Posted By: midus
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 5:02pm

Yes gee was.also at injection dance.sum supa tuff tunes but all sounds were pretty weak,lot of peeps doing this playin mid bass bins down low.but not delayed propa it will cancell(wonder howmany are as lots of sounds have no lms)i tryed bs1200s court w bins and reflex 15s and all have noticable probs without correct delays!!!lookin forward 2012 my self as have made changes to as have others

Thanks for the reports but i was also at 45 shop lock forget about  the other 2 sounds but injection weak ! injection is a pleasure to listen to most sounds are hard to listen to after a while gee and paulus please tell me in what section injection sound was lacking.injection has played with so many sound since 45 shop lock started i have been to about 5 session and no other sound comes close but all the sounds the other night would of sounded better ? i think i need 2 come to a sound check one sunday but i have heard many sound from down south i have not heard one sound as good as injection or many other sound from the midlands . i remember about 3 years ago i went to a dance in brixton town hall 4 top london sounds a member on here reported back saying all the sounds sounded good we left saying they were all very poor.    but i like reading peoples reports respect for that.     

Posted By: Eternity
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 5:03pm

I my books kick BASS is BASS

I understand nuff soundmen would never admit to it, cause without thier kick bass then their machine will be weaker!!!

My sound is double boxes, we own x11 of them now, we do not own anything else & never will own anything else Exclamation Imagine 6 double bass of Govermnet in one section, then we turn round tell people, oh yeah 4 doubles playing sub bass 38hz & the 2 doubles on the top playing upper bass Question BUT my upper bass is 39hz...............................

2012 get real, stop fool the people, facts is facts, just get on with it, leave a man to carry what he desire to make is machine sound the way they happy with, this one cap fit all nah mek it fi 2012........

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Real talk for 2012...

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

Thanks for the reports but i was also at 45 shop lock forget about  the other 2 sounds but injection weak ! injection is a pleasure to listen to most sounds are hard to listen to after a while gee and paulus please tell me in what section injection sound was lacking Question

Yes midus, in short NO part of Luv Injection is weak in the arena Injection plays in Thumbs Up I've been to x4 45shop lock for 2011 & Injection has been top quality over all the sounds that they've meet, Only King Earthquake has surpassed Injection.........

BUT:

In the roots arena, Injection wouldn't be able to contest the machines that was in the Golden Palace last night, one machine last night had technical, "Culture E", but even with Culture E technical, their bottom end would still have taken over Injection. (not mids & tops)

Don't get me wrong now, for a dancehall sound, Injection is proper, but in the roots world, they'll come unstuck, just because of the shear bass pressure which a roots sound always opts for.......

Injection for me as a dancehall machine has always been number 1 (1st heard Injection 1988 Brixton) Thumbs Up

Quaker City for me for a roots sound has always been number 1 (1st heard Quaker 1983 Brixton) Thumbs Up  (although I'm leaning abit over to King EarthQuake now LOL )

My opinion only.................

Respect..................... Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Ranking
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:20pm
Real talk is if you choose to run a 2 way system with 8 speakers on sub duty 4x double 18s you have no right to diss someone playing 4 sub & 4 mid bass or kick bass its about choice bit ive noticed some people love to bring up oh he had 8 boxes blah blah blah but you have the same ammount of drivers so why all the disrespect i just dont get it mate

Posted By: TONY.A.S.S.
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:30pm
I'm certainly not here to criticize boxes. The way I see these gigs is, by all means, put a limit on the size of the system to be practical, but basically, just stand back and listen to what people have to offer. There are far too many egos involved sometimes and people start to get defensive. No point in walking round advising other sounds as to where they're going wrong. What we all have to remember is that what we hear is what's on offer from that particular sound. It should only stand or fall on that basis. If someone thinks he doesn't need to run a certain type of box, then let him prove his case.
I had a great time last night. Lamb Shank and Scotch, great combination. 

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/tony.rossell.3" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/tony.rossell.3

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Ranking Ranking wrote:

Real talk is if you choose to run a 2 way system with 8 speakers on sub duty 4x double 18s you have no right to diss someone playing 4 sub & 4 mid bass or kick bass its about choice bit ive noticed some people love to bring up oh he had 8 boxes blah blah blah but you have the same ammount of drivers so why all the disrespect i just dont get it mate

I disrespect who Question

People have their own choices in how they build their sound, don't they Question

Read my post dem Exclamation then tell me if I disrespect anybody Question

Remember the Golden Palace with Motion 54 is there if anybody want to test/clash anybody, no need in 2012 for long finger keyboard clicking.........................

Man already made statement in Golden Palace on another sound, bout soundclash, that is how soundsystem business should be settled.........................

Fren mi nah beg 2012, fren mi ah lego 2012

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:41pm
Yes midus, in short NO part of Luv Injection is weak in the arena Injection plays in Thumbs Up I've been to x4 45shop lock for 2011 & Injection has been top quality over all the sounds that they've meet, Only King Earthquake has surpassed Injection.........    

respect gee injection has set a new standard in the dancehall world but i could not imagine earthquake being cleaner 
  i like how you have tired something different(reflex sub) Clap will make a effort to come listen u bless

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:42pm
I was indeed on about sub bass,when the real low.drops not much happens,6 pd scoops.hornloaded should be shear murder by and indeed away.from them,as gee.said they get away with it cause the field there in,( not dedicated roots)dont get me wrong injection as a overall package are top of game just expected more from 6 bins

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:46pm
call me 18mm thick, but I can't still understand if Gee136 is for kick cabs or against? your posts are all over the place dude

people should be truthful, be open, otherwise we will have peeps using 4 ohm drivers etc etc

I heard one sound at golden palace playing their kicks with the same feed as their subs. Kicks aren't supposed to shift that much air Wink lol

the way I see it is, all these old croc's that have been doing it for years can't handle it when someone brand new comes along and shows them howLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:49pm
Bless up Midus, it's Winston Mexican made me opt for FFA amps to run my machine, so you can tell I'm true soundsystem man, listening sounds for nearly 30 years.

Respect......................... Big smile 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:52pm

I was indeed on about sub bass,when the real low.drops not much happens,6 pd scoops.hornloaded should be shear murder by and indeed away.from them,as gee.said they get away with it cause the field there in,( not dedicated roots)dont get me wrong injection as a overall package are top of game just expected more from 6 bins

that may be the problem many bashment tunes are not produced with gut wrenching sub like roots.but when they play a hardcore tune like the max romeo one step forward they sound good bless and manners

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

call me 18mm thick, but I can't still understand if Gee136 is for kick cabs or against? your posts are all over the place dude

people should be truthful, be open, otherwise we will have peeps using 4 ohm drivers etc etc

I heard one sound at golden palace playing their kicks with the same feed as their subs. Kicks aren't supposed to shift that much air Wink lol

the way I see it is, all these old croc's that have been doing it for years can't handle it when someone brand new comes along and shows them howLOL

In short I'm for any cabs brotha, but I don't agree with the terms people on here classify them as, (everything else expect bass) in short it is a bass box................

Hope that has cleared it up for you from my prospective.

-------------

Posted By: hi grade
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

I'm certainly not here to criticize boxes. The way I see these gigs is, by all means, put a limit on the size of the system to be practical, but basically, just stand back and listen to what people have to offer. There are far too many egos involved sometimes and people start to get defensive. No point in walking round advising other sounds as to where they're going wrong. What we all have to remember is that what we hear is what's on offer from that particular sound. It should only stand or fall on that basis. If someone thinks he doesn't need to run a certain type of box, then let him prove his case.
yes its a sound check not a clash so maybe a re think is in order ! Love injection is the number 1 sound in the uk and has been for the last 15 years pound for pound nobody is in there leage ! Maybe the might have problems playing against roots sounds but be leave u me all roots sounds would have problems playing danchall withe them ! Only 2 sounds I've heard in a long time who are near them is fatman and quaitex ! Happy new year

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:57pm
+1 on that mr.grades

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:57pm
nope, still confused

can you write the frequency bands beside what you think is bass, kick, sub etc

otherwise this will have no end

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

yes its a sound check not a clash so maybe a re think is in order ! Love injection is the number 1 sound in the uk and has been for the last 15 years pound for pound nobody is in there leage ! Maybe the might have problems playing against roots sounds but be leave u me all roots sounds would have problems playing danchall withe them ! Only 2 sounds I've heard in a long time who are near them is fatman and quaitex ! Happy new year
LOL yeah exactly, so lets get it right LOLEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:00pm
Unbalanced sound is unbalanced sound no matter how you dress it up or were you cut your kick !!!

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:02pm
@ Hi grade

100% correct, Fatman (Brendon machine) & Quailtex machine is premiership, no doubt about that Thumbs Up

P.S

You lot wait till you hear Fatman again LOL, I'm not saying anymore.................

Respect..................Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

Unbalanced sound is unbalanced sound no matter how you dress it up or were you cut your kick !!!
LOL

-------------

Posted By: kilowattsounds
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:10pm
When a sound has all of the components in place and their system is firing & the person operating the rig is happy thats it ! opinions are like arseholes everyone has one . As a soundman if theres something wrong with your system your the first person to notice you dont actually need multiples of people telling you this & that to me that just makes everything more stressful, & all this talk about how many boxes this n that is again pure foolishness .If you take your own money to build something for your enjoyment build it how you want whether it be 2,3,4,5,6 way i play 4 way now but i used to play 3 way (was pretty happy with it too ) so any talk about my sub wont sound as heavy if i take my kicks away is a load of CRAP  !!! my subs play sub & my kicks play kick or low mid whichever you want to call it . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to much talk talk

-------------
MORE BASS LESS BEEF INCREASE THE PEACE !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home - my facebook page

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:12pm

love injection,new sensation and quaitex in feb 45 shop lock 

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:19pm
Love Injection,New Sensation and Qualitex in feb 45 shop lock

NukePartyBeerYing YangBig smile

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:21pm
Boom yes kutty been waitin for this one

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:25pm
Looking forward to this too for a longtime. We played alongside Love injection and David Rodigan recently but we haven't played in Birmingham for a while so really looking forward to this.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:34pm
Yes what a way to start the year goona be a good 1

Posted By: spanners
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:06pm
.......... Heathrow Thumbs Up  ruffed up the place.

music was all over the shop.

great to see everyone. happy new year. 2012 gonna be interesting

Posted By: The african
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:30am

Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

Thanks for the reports but i was also at 45 shop lock forget about  the other 2 sounds but injection weak ! injection is a pleasure to listen to most sounds are hard to listen to after a while gee and paulus please tell me in what section injection sound was lacking Question

Yes midus, in short NO part of Luv Injection is weak in the arena Injection plays in Thumbs Up I've been to x4 45shop lock for 2011 & Injection has been top quality over all the sounds that they've meet, Only King Earthquake has surpassed Injection.........

BUT:

In the roots arena, Injection wouldn't be able to contest the machines that was in the Golden Palace last night, one machine last night had technical, "Culture E", but even with Culture E technical, their bottom end would still have taken over Injection. (not mids & tops)

Don't get me wrong now, for a dancehall sound, Injection is proper, but in the roots world, they'll come unstuck, just because of the shear bass pressure which a roots sound always opts for.......

My opinion only.................

Respect..................... Big smile
How can you compare a Roots sound with a Dancehall sound?Confusedand talk about bass pressure they are different its a bit like do you like apples or oranges? in a drum & bass,techno,house,dance style music rave your sound  will come unstuck because you have no upper bass or kick present in your system just sub,that said people should not then start to compare your sound with a techno,dance music style sound as they are different & was built for different use just like Roots & Dancehall sounds.

Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:55am
dont know where to jump in on this thread  

but reggae magic   south london
and gemi magic north/east london very different  noise people Wink

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 7:42am
Originally posted by The african The african wrote:

How can you compare a Roots sound with a Dancehall sound?Confusedand talk about bass pressure they are different its a bit like do you like apples or oranges? in a drum & bass,techno,house,dance style music rave your sound  will come unstuck because you have no upper bass or kick present in your system just sub,that said people should not then start to compare your sound with a techno,dance music style sound as they are different & was built for different use just like Roots & Dancehall sounds.

Didn't I discredit you on here before Question 

Social media make nuff people 10ft tall, don't it, again you take your hands out of your pocket & make your fingers press up keys...............

You show plenty of interest in Goverment don't it.....Didn't you already rubbish Goverment on here Question You must be someone I know, like a ex soundman from a sound I part company with LOL 

That's understandable to feel aggrieved when a progressive member part company, in time you will love Goverment LOL, keep watching Goverment inna 2012, & share in the progress, don't let jealousy swallow you up...............

Oh yeah this is a Soundoff tread, sorry..............

Any time you want to CLASH Goverment in a soundoff event, that's no problem.............. Anytime.

-------------

Posted By: waxhead
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 9:24am
Fatman are no longer a sound system they sound good by brendan hard work not fatmans

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Fatman are no longer a sound system they sound good by brendan hard work not fatmans

Brendans system sounded wicked last time i heard it

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 10:47am

In short I'm for any cabs brotha, but I don't agree with the terms people on here classify them as, (everything else expect bass) in short it is a bass box................

Respects Gee...

Older sound guys refer to different types of bass as  bass & upper bass (or low mid)..

More modern term is sub & kick.

Most people class sub as (20hz-75hz), and upper bass /kick/low mid as (75-140hz).

So if one sound has 4x sub cabs, and 4x kick cabs,  surely that is not the same as another sound having 8x sub cabs ?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 11:43am
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

respect big man i know its brendons system but they way fat man and flip play it and the system they choose on is second to none !

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 11:53am
As for double boxs kick playing sub ect I think in order to move forward you need to try different things or we will never know the difference each man shold be allowed to play his system how he wants after all it is a sound check and all sounds are paying there fee ! Hope nobody takes this the wrong way but this is what I think !

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:02pm

Respects Gee...

Older sound guys refer to different types of bass as  bass & upper bass (or low mid)..

Most people class sub as (20hz-75hz), and upper bass /kick/low mid as (75-140hz).

So if one sound has 4x sub cabs, and 4x kick cabs,  surely that is not the same as another sound having 8x sub cabs ?

i n i agree with this

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:09pm

Respects Gee...

Thumbs Up The system we use for live shows are actually reflex subs like Gee. the difference is we also use upper bass/low mid cabs too (BS500). In each stack 4 x single reflex subs play 30-80hz and 2 x BS500 play 70-200hz. Even though they are 6 x drivers covering 30 - 200 hz, that is NOT the same as using 6 x Subs playing from 30hz up, as the frequencies that are used to move mountainsNukeLOL are only covered by 4 drivers in each stack.

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: Marvin
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:22pm
Big respect to the guys there with systems be them sounds or builders. I got there early but was only able to hear three out off the four systems. All seemed to have some technical hitches but again it was early. I was looking forward to hearing HBL dual 8"mids along with his 8" baby scoop but he didnt bring them :-(
  http://forum.speakerplans.com/hbl-8-baby-scoop_topic53028.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.speakerplans.com/hbl-8-baby-scoop_topic53028.html

instead he brought some 18" minis a rather unusual size for a mini lol what made you go for that height where everyone else is around 35"???

http://forum.speakerplans.com/show-off-your-sound-system_topic2179_page518.html?KW=marvin" rel="nofollow - http://forum.speakerplans.com/show-off-your-sound-system_topic2179_page518.html?KW=marvin

following my footsteps maybe lol
all good though it happens LOL

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:41pm
hey Marvin, big shame you couldnt stay

i dont think i can call them minis aas they are 1m high but as qss told me i should call them midi scoops

the reason they are that size is that is the max size of box that i can fit two in my astra estate, so i designed the scoop to fit in the car i had

-------------

Posted By: Marvin
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:46pm
Good work though bro. Hopefully next time you are out i can hear them and the QSC beast.

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:50pm
Yes HBL/Mitch!!  very impressed with the QSC beastThumbs Up

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

hey Marvin, big shame you couldnt stay

i dont think i can call them minis aas they are 1m high but as qss told me i should call them midi scoops

the reason they are that size is that is the max size of box that i can fit two in my astra estate, so i designed the scoop to fit in the car i had

the award goes to hbl for the most portable sound ever 2 midi scoops 2 mid high and a matrix 4 channel amp and laptop all in an astra estate i see pure profit there Lamp

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 12:56pm
funny you should say that trev, im designing my own mid top with a 15", 6" and 2" for times when i dont have space to take the kick bins

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 1:01pm
we took this out nye 2011 Trev...

big system was in the main room, 2 mini's in the vip lounge.

nice and simple

-------------

Posted By: The african
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 2:10pm

Social media make nuff people 10ft tall, don't it, again you take your hands out of your pocket & make your fingers press up keys...............

You show plenty of interest in Goverment don't it.....Didn't you already rubbish Goverment on here Question You must be someone I know, like a ex soundman from a sound I part company with LOL 

That's understandable to feel aggrieved when a progressive member part company, in time you will love Goverment LOL, keep watching Goverment inna 2012, & share in the progress, don't let jealousy swallow you up...............

Any time you want to CLASH Goverment in a soundoff event, that's no problem.............. Anytime.

Who are you to say you discredit anyone?no one aim anyting at you i simply say that you cant compare a Roots sound wid a Dancehall sound for bass pressure because of the type of music & used fi you set as an example because of de kick section inna dance music ,yet you are quick to call people out for a clash? but understand this bredda if i had a sound i can gte you it would sound better than your 2way crap,you luv boast to much on this forum about how many double boxes you have inna ur  Arse  nal & dubplates you just cutLOLect,but when you come a dance you cant entertain the people dem you have no idea about Roots even calling wrong names for the artist LOL all we hear is your mouth which is much louder than your upper bass,kick so humble oneself Blessed 2012 to you.

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 5:06pm

Who are you to say you discredit anyone?no one aim anyting at you i simply say that you cant compare a Roots sound wid a Dancehall sound for bass pressure because of the type of music & used fi you set as an example because of de kick section inna dance music ,yet you are quick to call people out for a clash? but understand this bredda if i had a sound i can gte you it would sound better than your 2way crap,you luv boast to much on this forum about how many double boxes you have inna ur  Arse  nal & dubplates you just cutLOLect,but when you come a dance you cant entertain the people dem you have no idea about Roots even calling wrong names for the artist LOL all we hear is your mouth which is much louder than your upper bass,kick so humble oneself Blessed 2012 to you.

Long finger come out again...................... Punk

Bring your machine against my 2way machine in Golden Palace & let Speakerplans crew decide who know bout sound Exclamation

Or are you going to run like a social media PUNK Question 2012 nah stop GOVERMENT............. AGAIN.......

I GOVERMENT want you the The African to a Soundsystem dual of a ROOTICAL CLASH in the GOLDEN PALACE....................... When are you coming Question

BETTER you lego de African username & come AGAIN @ me, "MY LAD"  carh yuh hafi run from dis yah clash............

-------------

Posted By: Herb-i
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 5:37pm

I GOVERMENT want you the The African to a Soundsystem dual of a ROOTICAL CLASH in the GOLDEN PALACE....................... When are you coming Question

Hey fella, reading between the lines, I suspect there is some history between you guys, but boy, what a very good way to settle differences Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net