Forum Description: Clubnights, Festivals, Parties, Choons, etc go in here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61032
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 12:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AV Rice and Peas Soundcheck 29th January 2012
Posted By: AV Promotions
Subject: AV Rice and Peas Soundcheck 29th January 2012
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 12:41am

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
BeerA BELATED CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEARBeer

Replies:
Posted By: Risc_Terilia
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:40am
the postcode is a lie

Posted By: Risc_Terilia
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:41am
should be N17 6UR

Posted By: levyte357
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

should be N17 6UR

Yes

http://www.londonnet.co.uk/listings/eventsattractions/snooker,billiardspoolhalls/theedgesnookeramericanpoolintottenham/" rel="nofollow - http://www.londonnet.co.uk/listings/eventsattractions/snooker,billiardspoolhalls/theedgesnookeramericanpoolintottenham/

And only 10mins drive from me, (Golden Palace is 5 mins drive) LOL,

2012 is looking like my kinda' year already.. LOL

-------------
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 11:27am
Smile

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 2:28pm
Thank u Risc_Terilla well spotted Thumbs Up

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 2:34pm
2012 pressure Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Peace............... Big smile

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Posted By: Motion54
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 3:34pm
Biggup the SOUNDCHECK Originators!!!

Posted By: QSS
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Motion54 Motion54 wrote:

Biggup the SOUNDCHECK Originators!!!

+1

BIG UP AV PROMOTIONS!! Busy weekend for us but will try and make thisThumbs Up

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: The african
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 4:34pm
Question,Who is this AV Promotions? to what ive heard through the grape vine is that the pre,post event has nothing to do with the original founder of the rice & peas sound check is this true?

Posted By: talk de tings
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by The african The african wrote:

Question,Who is this AV Promotions? to what ive heard through the grape vine is that the pre,post event has nothing to do with the original founder of the rice & peas sound check is this true?

as far as i know , it is the original squidley and his crew.Smile  looking forward to listening LS 1 & the big bad black ice who i have been hearing very good tings about...

peace  out....

Posted By: ermita
Date Posted: 31 December 2011 at 6:12pm
parking available?Thumbs Up

Happy New Year.HandshakeBeer

Date Posted: 01 January 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by talk de tings talk de tings wrote:

as far as i know , it is the original squidley and his crew.Smile  looking forward to listening LS 1 & the big bad black ice who i have been hearing very good tings about...

peace  out....

Nah bro,This person Squidley was not the founder of Av,Rice & Peas it was his partner who then bring him in,now it look like say Squidley link people & tek way the ting sounds to me like a real badmine move, good thing i dont no this squidley i would need eyes in the back of my head.LOL

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:21am
Respect to whoever is behind AV promotions, for they are the ones who are doing something for the soundsystem community Clap

Inna my books that deserves 100% respects Exclamation 

(Long finger business nah mek it inna 2012)

Peace................... Big smile

-------------

Posted By: tweeter box
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Respect to whoever is behind AV promotions, for they are the ones who are doing something for the soundsystem community Clap

agreed

but maybe they should call it something else as AV promotion stands for Arthur Vibrations doesnt it? as far as i know Vibration sound aint got nuttin to do with this event Confused

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Posted By: soundcritic
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

agreed

but maybe they should call it something else as AV promotion stands for Arthur Vibrations doesnt it? as far as i know Vibration sound aint got nuttin to do with this event Confused

If AV does stand for Arthur Vibration and he has nothing to do with it, should change the name. Pity its not in s.london as before - need a soundcheck in south as north london alread covered but biggup promoters same way.

-------------
I am everywhere and I am nowhere!

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 2:45pm
2012 Chinese whisper fi park Exclamation 

Proof of written documents should be presented if any dispute exists with who own what, whether it be possessions or name sake.... Question

Respect....................... Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:34pm

Proof of written documents should be presented if any dispute exists with who own what, whether it be possessions or name sake.... Question

Gee136 on form early 2012.... LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Gee136 on form early 2012.... LOL

2012 is gonna be big for soundsytems, I've got many projects I'm working on with many people, we need unity &Heart, we don't need the hating Thumbs Down............

Respect........................ Big smile

-------------

Posted By: KDS
Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 8:01pm
Smile Big up AV fi 2012 every time also the 4 sounds playing on the night this one looks interesting good line up
nice to see sound men working together keep it up 2012 looks bright. ClapClapClap

Date Posted: 02 January 2012 at 11:35pm

Ok in your words what does the AV stand for in AV Promotions? reading some of your early post you seem to know the promotors or at least claim too.

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 1:05pm
Don't understand why there is a dispute on here of who is AV Promotion or who is the original member/members, surely that should be down to the members of the crew to sort that out between themselves in private and not for us to discuss on a public forum.
We should just enjoy and support what they are doing, whoever is doing it. At the end of the day its all in the name of SOUND SYSTEMS AND ENTERTAINMENT

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: King I
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 3:03pm
Big up AV promotions and the sounds that will be playing the 29th Thumbs Up
Black Ice, LS1, Eternity and the big bad Destiny Clap
Man dem stop the long aruement and bad vibez Thumbs Down We should all unite as i am sure all the promoters of AV Promotions will be there whoever they are Wink
Mi a mek sure mi reach.
Bless

Posted By: KDS
Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 4:12pm
Clap All bad vibes a go bun like speaker 2012 Thumbs Down   
trust me  Heart run the world some people like to try and spoil things but who JAH BLESS no man 
curse. Hug BIG UP AV whoever they are. I'll be there to support. ClapClap

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 5:14pm

Ok in your words what does the AV stand for in AV Promotions? reading some of your early post you seem to know the promotors or at least claim too.

There was a PUNK which had big ideas bout sound, but couldn't get out of bed, so the real soundsystem people (who have love for the thing) had to let the PUNK go, that was the best thing the Soundsystem community could of done Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2012 at 11:54pm

There was a PUNK which had big ideas bout sound, but couldn't get out of bed, so the real soundsystem people (who have love for the thing) had to let the PUNK go, that was the best thing the Soundsystem community could of done Thumbs Up

PUNK?,sorry bro i prefer Rock N Roll the word PUNK more suites you & the music you play.

-------------
The Real African

Posted By: wadup
Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 5:30pm
bigup bigup bigup.... BLACKICE/ DESTINY/ ETERNITY/LS1.... cant wait.... 4 big sound ina 1 arena soooooo looking forward to the 29 january.... tottenham nuh good again. Please please please stop the IMBECELIASTIC BEHAVIOR we are all bigmen and deserve respect...... NUFF SAID. [AKA... LEFTY J]  LS1 FAMILY. NAH HIDE BEHIND NO ALIAS. BLESSOP TO ALL

Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 7:23pm
I do not mean to cause no offence or show no disrespect to anyone when im posting this but AV promotions is the name of TWO SOUND MAN who ive known for a very long time... A is ANITER ROADSHOW and the V is for VIBRATION STUDIO so wha mek... unu fe stop the foolishness life too short fe carry bad feelings and heavy heart... SORT IT OUT... PEACE.....

Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 9:03pm
^+1  Thumbs Up

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: MSS
Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 11:40pm
Right on my door step!!!!!!! 

Dont even need to drive!!!

I will be there. 

Date Posted: 06 January 2012 at 11:45pm
Music is LOVE music is PEACE music is ENJOYMENT. (WAR TING GWAY)

Date Posted: 09 January 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by wadup wadup wrote:

I do not mean to cause no offence or show no disrespect to anyone when im posting this but AV promotions is the name of TWO SOUND MAN who ive known for a very long time... A is ANITER ROADSHOW and the V is for VIBRATION STUDIO so wha mek... unu fe stop the foolishness life too short fe carry bad feelings and heavy heart... SORT IT OUT... PEACE.....
Surely if thats a different/next meaning to the AV name (just ads more mixup) & only one part of the AV team is involved in this promotion,maybe the name shouldnt of been used in the first place as it dont represent the person or people involved.

-------------
The Real African

Posted By: ras i
Date Posted: 09 January 2012 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by wadup wadup wrote:

Surely if thats a different/next meaning to the AV name (just ads more mixup) & only one part of the AV team is involved in this promotion,maybe the name shouldnt of been used in the first place as it dont represent the person or people involved.

Yo! The African, first thing I want to ask you. Why do you insist on trying to bring a negative vibes to this promotion? Is it because the other member of the original duo is a friend or somthing like that? If so shouldn't you leave it to him to deal with things himself in private.

The next thing is your point that because one of the original member is not involved they shouldn't use the name. Does that mean that if one of the directors of Arsenal was to leave the club they should change the name? or the fact that JBL stands for James Bullough Lansing, who was the original owner, and now the company is owned by Harman International, should they change the name to HI?

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 09 January 2012 at 11:31pm
fe real ras i,  the african chat like him have two tounge....Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 10 January 2012 at 8:34am
African... could you in your words(ELABORATE) What AV stands for? Either you know this person representing the V or you are that person... either way this is all about soundsystem and we as soundman are already getting a big fight and we really dont need any NEGATIVITY. POSITIVITY ME SEH... PEACE TO ALL.

Date Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:38pm
WHY? WHY? WHY?........Gentlemen their is a PM facility on this forum for personal messages and things that need to me private, which a lot of things on this thread is. USE IT!!
I think most of us that read and participate in these threads are getting PISSED OFF with all the negative and personal attacks. As Wadup said, Soundsytem culture is already getting a big fight, we need to work together to make it better and bring good vybz back in the place!!!

For the Chinese 2012 is the year of the Dragon
Let us make 2012 The Year Of The Soundsystem for us

So all involved in this debate about who is AV or what they should be called, please just leave it to the parties involved to deal with in private.

-------------
"Music is life"

Date Posted: 10 January 2012 at 1:34pm
fe real, i thought it was about the music. some man takin thier personal tings & airin out in public. C'mon my yute. be a bigga man dan dat. do it private.mek we keep de ting to the upcoming event, which i might add ,,, nuff man  a look forward to....   blesss up....

Date Posted: 10 January 2012 at 5:32pm
No long ting jan29th gonna nice..... counting the days hours minutes seconds. tottenham ahgo get TEAR DOWM... TRUST...PS(Staying out of the Passa passa) MUSIC ME SEH. Blessings to all....PEACE.

Date Posted: 11 January 2012 at 9:38pm
:)

Date Posted: 18 January 2012 at 9:02am
Wawow

Date Posted: 18 January 2012 at 9:14pm
If any sound system would like to participate in any future AV sound check events, please feel free to contact AV via e-mail.
AV E-Mail address: avriceandpeassoundcheck1@yahoo.com

Date Posted: 22 January 2012 at 4:32pm
Bungbangbang......

Posted By: biotec
Date Posted: 23 January 2012 at 2:04pm
sounds like there's a few SPers living in this area. I'm about 5minute walk away on other side of the farm.

-------------
me so horny, me love you long throw.

Date Posted: 25 January 2012 at 12:54pm
Bigup to the four sounds on sunday... BLESS

Date Posted: 26 January 2012 at 5:21pm
look like big tings a go gwan sunday.ClapClapClapClap

Posted By: crucial
Date Posted: 26 January 2012 at 5:40pm
I'm there

Posted By: RZR
Date Posted: 27 January 2012 at 11:42am
Me a go up there Thumbs Up

-------------
myspace music razor & sly

Razor & Sly on FaceBook

Date Posted: 27 January 2012 at 2:46pm
anyone got a contact number for the organisers??

wanna know if its ok for me to set up a lil record stall in there, got loadsa old studio 1, coxsone era 45's to sell, all £3 each Smile

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 27 January 2012 at 4:41pm
Absolutely massive,4 big sound ina one arena =total niceness and enjoyment.... THE WHOLE WORLD FE COME.....1.

Date Posted: 27 January 2012 at 7:48pm

anyone got a contact number for the organisers??

wanna know if its ok for me to set up a lil record stall in there, got loadsa old studio 1, coxsone era 45's to sell, all £3 each Smile

helloooo...?

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 1:35pm
blanket, sheet & pillowcase.. dwl, lmfao.lol...

Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 6:13pm
Thanks to all SP members for supporting AV sound system events, hope to see u all tomorrow.
Nuff respect to all 4 sounds playing Ls1, Black Ice, Enternity and Destiny. Handshake

-------------
Orthodox Rice and Peas Soundcheck

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:28am
LETS SEE WHAT TODAY BRINGS..SHOULD BE GOOD..

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:22pm
lookin forward Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:11pm
Anyone close to Croydon going to this?

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:12pm
tekasis might be qss

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:24pm
Thanx I'll give him a call

-------------
"Music is life"

Posted By: greenmachine
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 11:41am
nobody got anything to say about last night .......lol or

-------------
some will love some will not round deep solid bassline clean clear mid tops.pre amp oh yes.

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by greenmachine greenmachine wrote:

nobody got anything to say about last night .......lol or

Was suprisingly good night out, well worth the $3.. Clap

Respects to AV promotions, LS1, Destiny, Eternity & Black Ice, for a night of niceness and good vibes.

Different sounds had different strengths in my opinion..

All sounds had positive entertaining mic banter.

Eternity topped the night with their mad weightline, and entertainment factor. Made me laugh when MC said at one point, this is not the weight playing, just the high bass, real bass soon come.." , also "Is 1x reggae dubplate we have, so might as well play it".LOL

Black Ice at times had superior tune selection, strong mic man, and their mid tops at times sounded excellent.. Inconsistence prob due to varying cd quality. Fairly close to the scoops, sub was round, heavy, musical... Further back, did not seem throw as well as the Eternity scoops.

Don't know if it was LS1 or Destiny who had the 2x18 reflex, nice looking cabs, nice sounding at times, but felt the amp was restraining itself, on the lower notes, just as the sub notes were about to go throught the floor boards, sub just rolled off. Black Ice mid tops were kriss most of the night, but the Mid Tops above the 2x18 reflex were perfection at times.. Smooth and controlled.
Rumour has it they were Void mid tops, so wouldn't be suprised if I was listening to Beyma CP750Nds.. ($$$$)

Not sure which sound had the Marlon MK1 scoops, you could hear the cabs could easily fill the place, but IMHO, set was let down by the Eminence Kilomax 18s. Know 2x drivers they could have put in that "particular scoop", that might have given Eternity some trouble on sub.LOL
This crew had good mic man, entertainment factor, and largest group of females in the dance next to them all night. Thumbs Up

Probably 1st time in RicenPeas history, announcements made for one sound to turn up a little, and rave extended from 11pm to 12am.. Welcome to Tottenham. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:03pm
I agree with the majority of what Levyte357 has said above but there are some small discrepancies that I will elaborate on later when I have more time and am infront of my laptop. Big up to all 4 sounds that took part and the original soundcheck promoters AV. Bless.

-------------

Posted By: MotioN54SOLO
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:35pm
it was a nice evening and good that we could go and support the rice-n-peas keeping the sound system fraternity bubbling, biggup Eternity,LS1,Destiny & Black lce , see y'all next month... large up AV Promotions skeen nuff respeckk arl di while

Motion54.

Posted By: balistic_sounds
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:41pm
off topic...... any body got vibes squad number PM me please... forgot to get his number at the end of the session last night....

-------------
Don't underestimate no sound!

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:53pm
I got vibessquad number i will ask him if its ok to give it to you... blessop

Posted By: greenmachine
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 5:54pm
I think the music was all over the place dancehall,roots ,revival, soul apart from that all sounds were all right.....

-------------
some will love some will not round deep solid bassline clean clear mid tops.pre amp oh yes.

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:06pm
eternity was the best for me. 
enjoyed the tune selection from black ice too, but thier top boxes werent for me

ls1 should have bought 2 more double 18's for extra bass and extra height for their stasys 3's.  bass was super heavy up close but dropped off the further away you got from the stack.  other ppl had 4 scoops and 4 kick bins so i dont think 6 double 18s would have been unfair.

destiny got the most ppl dancing i think, which is always difficult at these types of events.

overall a really good turn out and a really good night.

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:19pm
Pics????

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:21pm
ok, heres my 2 pennies worth! Biggup to all 4 sounds who took the time to take part in the event and biggup AV promotions. Great turnout and nuff nuff soundman in the place...

As I arrived LS1 were playing. Looked like they were using reflex boxes with double 18's, s 8x18 inchs in total(nice looking boxes by the way). Bass sounded good and punchy up close but i think lacked warmth and deepness, however for 8 x 18's should have tore down the place! Mids and tops at certain points during the night were criss but just needed a bit more of them. Nice tune selection from the selector and good mic presence.

Destiny sounded better than the last time i heard them and was glad that they stepped up from the last time (thats what these events are all about) although i believe they still needed to turn up their sound as they were very quiet at times, seemed like they were lacking tops as well. Overall a great improvement from before but still have a way to go.. Definately had the most ladies round their sound! Well done..

Black Ice looked like they were getting ready to play in the 02 arena and the Olympic stadium! 3 huge amp cases full of amps and gadgets Sound sounded ok but those turbo maxs didnt sound right in those boxes. You need to save yourselves some lifting and leave 2 of those amp cases behind and tune up the sound. With that being said, they had a good mic man and played some good tunes.

Eternity were in a different league to the others; bass was filling the whole hall irrespective of where you stood. Mids and tops were clear and the sound was balanced.

Overall in my humble opinion:
1. Eternity
2. LS1
3. Black Ice
4. Destiny

ps. A scoop will always outplay a reflex box, thats why LS1 sounded super heavy close up but bass wasnt travelling to the other side of the hall!

@ Heathrow B Line - i dont think any of the sounds using scoops were using kick boxes so i believe it would have been unfair to let LS1 use 6 boxes (that would have been 12 x 18 subs against 4 x 18 subs which all the other sounds were using)......

Any pics people??

-------------

Posted By: SURFA
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:24pm
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I agree with what others have said, each sound had their own little faults. music was all over the place ( but it was ONLY a sound check, NOT as clash), good vibesClap ...
 To me, the only thing i believe was WRONG,. was when one of the promoters got carried away and when on the mic & tried to turn it into a clash...! RED CARD FOR THAT Thumbs Down.....

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by SURFA SURFA wrote:

< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
I agree with what others have said, each sound had their own little faults. music was all over the place ( but it was ONLY a sound check, NOT as clash), good vibesClap ...
 To me, the only thing i believe was WRONG,. was when one of the promoters got carried away and when on the mic & tried to turn it into a clash...! RED CARD FOR THAT Thumbs Down.....

I must have left before this happened! Please elaborate Surfa as the vibes was nice while I was there...

-------------

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 7:58pm
Good night last nightThumbs Up. Good to see usual facesWink.

Was supposed to take some photos but been told by Waxhead who was there before me that picture not allowed for some reason as he been also toldEmbarrassedConfusedUnhappy...dont know how true was this but din'nt bother to ask the organisers meself.Unhappy

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:25pm
Is that a.joke.about pics...confused?.i missed another.good one,roll.on pay.day lol

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Posted By: WORD
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

Was supposed to take some photos but been told by Waxhead who was there before me that picture not allowed for some reason as he been also toldEmbarrassedConfusedUnhappy...dont know how true was this but din'nt bother to ask the organisers meself.Unhappy
Can the promoter confirm that photo's are not allowed at AV Rice & peas..???

-------------
Entertainment should be a form of Enjoyment

Posted By: waxhead
Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:33pm
Sorry my friend, misunderstanding i was taking about black Ice International. Didn't want pictures taken of there system I have pictures of all the other can send to you sorry again for the mistake in communication.

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:34pm

Waxhead
Sorry my friend, misunderstanding i was taking about black Ice International. Didn't want pictures taken of there system I have pictures of all the other can send to you sorry again for the mistake in communication.

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Waxhead
Waxhead

My views on Sundays Rice & Peas www.bass2deep.co.uk

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by waxhead waxhead wrote:

Waxhead
Waxhead 

My views on Sundays Rice & Peas.
www.bass2deep.co.uk

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 9:38pm
No worries Waxhead, I'll just have a look at your site.Thumbs Up 

Good to see you and your sister last night.

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 9:57pm
i got my £3 worth. look forward to the next one Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 January 2012 at 11:48pm
Link to pictures of last night AV sound check please enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.130561320398639.23360.100003343144870&type=1&l=443fbb5b7f

-------------
Orthodox Rice and Peas Soundcheck

Posted By: MrSound
Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 3:11pm
BLESS UP!!! (A.V whoever u r ) LOL  all over the place with music ,from all sounds ,but that aside the vibes was goood ,my fav part of the night was wen destiny played bounty killer special,squidly say anyting ah anyting ,fi happen plus an hour extension bringing it 2 midnight, but none of the other sounds seem 2  want 2 carry on playing ,this confused me ...up2 then eternity ,were the heaviest in the dance filling up the place & in my opinion should of took up the challenge ,black ice IMO had the prettiest looking sound ,but as a wiseman once said "pretty looks DONT produce proper sound LOL ,ls1 wen they tried 2 draw weight it was although those double 18"s were clacking but played some decent tunes ,destiny was by far the weakest sound 4 power in there ,but made up 4 it in the entertainment factor ,my only regret was all sounds didnt play till midnight ,on the whole a vibe filled dance all mic men done thier job proper ,lets all wish AV promotions many more great dances 4 the future Thumbs Up ClapHug

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by MrSound MrSound wrote:

lets all wish AV promotions many more great dances 4 the future 

+1

Know plenty of SP soundsystems will tear that place up..

Wait till Ballistic, Trendsetter, Field Frequency,  Precision Sound, Play in there...

-------------

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 5:45pm

i didnt see you there!

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

i got my £3 worth. look forward to the next one Thumbs Up

+1 good session

nice vibes, nice music, nice systems

Eternity gang on top form as always, bassline hammering down the place Star

LS1 wid the double boxes sounded nice Clap

Black Ice impressive looking stack and nice tunes Star

Destiny if im not mistaken played the lowest note when they dropped that yabby you gwaan kilomax Clap

pics r on facebook btw

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003343144870

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 6:07pm

+1

Wait till Ballistic, Trendsetter, Field Frequency,  Precision Sound, Play in there...

yeaaaa boooi Wink

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 9:43pm

i didnt see you there!

Hi Tweet,  left just before 10Embarrassed. Got to see someone, shame would love to stay though.

As Luke said, worth every penny of my £3 tooThumbs Up.

Date Posted: 31 January 2012 at 9:46pm

+1

yeaaaa boooi Wink

Would love to see this 4 together insideThumbs UpNukeNukeLOL.

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 8:29am
That would.be interesting,sum.tuff tunes for sure.be run

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 11:16am

Myself also, however due to number of sounds in London/UK waiting to play in RicenPeas, unlikely it would happen anytime soon.

-------------

Posted By: RAS JOHN
Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 11:29am

Myself also, however due to number of sounds in London/UK waiting to play in RicenPeas, unlikely it would happen anytime soon.
Party Pooper

-------------
PRODUCTION ENGINEER USA

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by RAS JOHN RAS JOHN wrote:

Party Pooper

LOL

Would love to see it happen, but I'm not the promoter, and just being realistic...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 2:19pm
Big up to all the sounds that took part good or bad well done had a nice time apart from music all over the place,oh yea i got to meet squidly had a chat with him strange guy looking like he has a drink problem as a promoter getting drunk as the night went on dont look good,all in was a nice vibe.

-------------
The Real African

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 4:41pm
Big up AV promotions and all the sounds that played on Sunday. Glad to see things went well, sorry I missed it as it looks like the vibes was good. Roll on the next month I'll be thereThumbs Up

As much as I rate these 4 up and coming sounds, and admit that some serious BASS pressure would be felt. I think a dance with 4 of them together would be boring, because none of them really have good mic vibes (when I heard them) and they only play roots & dub. It would have to be a mixture of 2 of them with 2 other sounds with more vibes. AV is trying to bring more vibes and entertainment to these events, and 4 young roots sounds is not going to do that. IMO. 

I'll go in my bomb shelter now.LOL

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 4:47pm
No disrespect to  Ballistic, Trendsetter, Field Frequency,  Precision Sound, for sound quality these are some of the best sounds I heard last year, even better than nuff of the big name sounds imo.
My above statement is just based on pure entertainment factor and what I believe AV promotion is trying to do.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

No disrespect to  Ballistic, Trendsetter, Field Frequency,  Precision Sound, for sound quality these are some of the best sounds I heard last year, even better than nuff of the big name sounds imo.
My above statement is just based on pure entertainment factor and what I believe AV promotion is trying to do.

hows any up and coming or new sound supposed to build on entertainment or whatever else if they don't get to play out????

-------------

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 4:57pm
i understand you mean no disrespect ras i and no love is lost between us :-) but if you want to see vibes come to a dance not a soundcheck. April 7th - Walsall. June Jubilee period - London and Hitchin, July - Luton carnival/olympic torch festival.
have been to many soundchecks and even top sounds havent had majority of the people skanking for most of the duration of the night. no matter what they said on the mic. just the nature of the event IMO.

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 5:00pm

i understand you mean no disrespect ras i and no love is lost between us :-) but if you want to see vibes come to a dance not a soundcheck. April 7th - Walsall. June Jubilee period - London and Hitchin, July - Luton carnival/olympic torch festival.
have been to many soundchecks and even top sounds havent had majority of the people skanking for most of the duration of the night. no matter what they said on the mic. just the nature of the event IMO.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 5:06pm
Good job I went in the bomb shelter, the bombs are coming quicker than I thoughtLOL

I agree with you both.

Originally posted by balistic_sounds balistic_sounds wrote:

hows any up and coming or new sound supposed to build on entertainment or whatever else if they don't get to play out????

Hence my statement: As much as I rate these 4 up and coming sounds, and admit that some serious BASS pressure would be felt. I think a dance with 4 of them together would be boring, because none of them really have good mic vibes (when I heard them) and they only play roots & dub. It would have to be a mixture of 2 of them with 2 other sounds with more vibes. AV is trying to bring more vibes and entertainment to these events, and 4 young roots sounds is not going to do that. IMO. 

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 5:15pm

Again Luton, I know what you are saying and I agree, which is why I think AV is trying to bring more vibes and entertainment to these sound check events to try and make it more attractive to a wider audience.

i.e.  More women ina di place and more leg shakingPartyBeer

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 5:15pm

Big up AV promotions and all the sounds that played on Sunday. Glad to see things went well, sorry I missed it as it looks like the vibes was good. Roll on the next month I'll be thereThumbs Up

As much as I rate these 4 up and coming sounds, and admit that some serious BASS pressure would be felt. I think a dance with 4 of them together would be boring, because none of them really have good mic vibes (when I heard them) and they only play roots & dub.

No need to run to Bomb shelter... LOL

I picked those 4x, "because" they only play Roots & Dub..LOL

Yes some of them are'nt that strong on the mic, but that's easily fixed, just bring a "mic gladiator", and make sure the mic tune' up nice.

More likely for those 4x to meet in GP, than R&P, as they may not be that well known in London, but nice to daydream what they would to that Tottenham venue.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 February 2012 at 5:22pm

As much as I rate these 4 up and coming sounds, and admit that some serious BASS pressure would be felt. I think a dance with 4 of them together would be boring, because none of them really have good mic vibes (when I heard them) and they only play roots & dub. It would have to be a mixture of 2 of them with 2 other sounds with more vibes. AV is trying to bring more vibes and entertainment to these events, and 4 young roots sounds is not going to do that. IMO. 

I'll go in my bomb shelter now.LOL

true im shy on the mic, but thats a easy fix, wouldnt come into rice n peas unless i got a veteran mic man in my corner Wink

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net