Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RICE & PEAS NOVEMBER
Posted By: riceandpeas check
Subject: RICE & PEAS NOVEMBER
Date Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:37pm

Replies:
Posted By: yardman
Date Posted: 14 November 2012 at 4:37pm
wow wow. av how the hell did you guys get    entebbe + goverment sounds. wicked wicked line up the only thing you guy will need is  3 coffings and i will be the under taker. joke/ roadblock. peace. 

Posted By: dubclot
Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 2:05am
Nice lineup and venue. Looking forward to this one

Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 2:18am
I just hope the mains current power in the venue, will allow "ALL" the sounds, to properly demonstrate their machines, and selections.

As I personally know most of those sounds "nuh 'fraid fi dash weight". LOL

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 7:38am
Yes i, long weekend for the Goverment Crew

Friday 23rd, tearing it down in Falmouth Cornwall with Pressure Rootz

Saturday 24th tearing it down in Plymouth Devon with Universal & Rig Smith

Sunday 25th tearing down in London...................... We hope the machine hold out LOL

Respect.................... Big smile

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Posted By: Dave FFA
Date Posted: 15 November 2012 at 9:13am
deffo going to this one great line up!

Posted By: wadup
Date Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:18am
Must find me earplugs dem.

Date Posted: 20 November 2012 at 6:24pm
Av Are Keeping Their Anniversary In Jan 2013. We All Have Heard The Ass Line Up With Tony Ass Him Self. And Now With Public Demand, Come And Hear The Ligwa Productions. Featuring Centy Sound / Diamonds Girls Best Friend/ And Anita rd Show Sound. And The King Him Self @ The Control Yes Ligwa With Hes Sound system. This One Cant Be Miss More Info To Come. Bless Av.  

Posted By: ermita
Date Posted: 20 November 2012 at 6:31pm
this sounds goodThumbs Up

Posted By: LIGWA
Date Posted: 20 November 2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by riceandpeas check riceandpeas check wrote:

Av Are Keeping Their Anniversary In Jan 2013. We All Have Heard The Ass Line Up With Tony Ass Him Self. And Now With Public Demand, Come And Hear The Ligwa Productions. Featuring Centy Sound / Diamonds Girls Best Friend/ And Anita rd Show Sound. And The King Him Self @ The Control Yes Ligwa With Hes Sound system. This One Cant Be Miss More Info To Come. Bless Av.  

Yes I will be there with the new LIGWA 1U PRE-AMP  Design by Charlie in collaboration with LIGWA..

also the system will be solar powered by a SOLAR TRUCK 

and it will be my big 5.0 earth dayWink

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 12:07am
I heard it will be at golden palace, is that right?

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 12:11am
Not sure yet the RICEandPEAS CREW will let us know shortly

BUT ! I want to see you there its my big 5.0 

Posted By: bee
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:34am
i thought u was older Alf LOL..... this is gonna be a fun day.... cant wait....... The mobile solar power truck.... too......

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 2:05pm
Blood Fire. You Mean Four Sounds Useding Ligwa Things And Ligwa Bringing Hes Equipments. Wow. its Goner Be More Than A fun Day. Ive Heard All Four Sounds Before And Boy Let ME Tell You Theres Goner Be Pure Vibes And Entertainment With Some Wicked Mic Talking.Four gd Mic Man That Can Hold Their Own. Centy/Darren Duper/Ligwa/Original Squidley.I Cant Wait To Hear How Anita+Maxine from the anita rd show sound Handle This One. Yo Ligwa Your Head Unit Looks Wicked Blood What A Lovely Picture. 

Posted By: burningbush
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 5:29pm
Have a great birthday Alf, pre looks very tidy.

-------------
music is the message

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by LIGWA LIGWA wrote:

Not sure yet the RICEandPEAS CREW will let us know shortly

BUT ! I want to see you there its my big 5.0 

if i can get outa work im there, Clap 

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by yardman yardman wrote:

Blood Fire. You Mean Four Sounds Useding Ligwa Things And Ligwa Bringing Hes Equipments. Wow. its Goner Be More Than A fun Day. Ive Heard All Four Sounds Before And Boy Let ME Tell You Theres Goner Be Pure Vibes And Entertainment With Some Wicked Mic Talking.Four gd Mic Man That Can Hold Their Own. Centy/Darren Duper/Ligwa/Original Squidley.I Cant Wait To Hear How Anita+Maxine from the anita rd show sound Handle This One. Yo Ligwa Your Head Unit Looks Wicked Blood What A Lovely Picture. 

There will be 5 sounds  all the scoop boxes and mid-hi on different sounds and NUFF GIRLS AND LADIES!!!Tongue

As for tunes? It will be a musical convention......... 

LIGWA GWA 3 MINI - TIPPA AUDIO

LIGWA GWA 4 MINI - DIAMONDS THE GIRLS BEST FRIEND

LIGWA ECO SCOOP - CENTY SOUND

LIGWA EARTH SHAKER SCOOP - LIGWA  MISTA FIXIT 

LIGWA SOUND WAVE MID HI - ANITA ROAD SHOW SOUND

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:16pm
will the earth shaker have the really expensive driver in it?  cant remember the model number but it looks really big too

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Posted By: goodgroove
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:37pm
The big 50 has to be celabrated , will be there with Centy .

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:47pm
yes hbl but they not that dear..... the cf18's......

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 10:57pm
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20465484.jpg

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

yes hbl but they not that dear..... the cf18's......

Found it thanks = Celestion CF18VJD 18 inch 1600W 8 Ohm Subwoofer Loudspeaker Driver

so will the earth shakers be loaded with Celestion CF18VJD's?

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

LOL

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:28pm
yes m8t, loaded and ready to go......

Date Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:30pm
no hijacking hear.... who.....

Posted By: solartony
Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:52am
Greetings to all just to say hello to everyone meh names Tony from www.southwestsolarsolutions.co.uk  /  www.mobilesolarstage.co.uk  i design and install stand alone solar generators for ANY application . we are proud to be the providers for the electrickery  to run the LIGWA rig at this event . the energy  is stored in out truck  in super accumulators @ 52v dc and then converted into pure signwave (cleaner than the grid babylon power)  240v 63a and is 100% safe for the most sensitive equipment ......we are N.I.C.E.I.C  certified to generate and provide electricity from sunshine for public use indoor/outdoor  events  many thanks to LIGWA outernational  speaker design for the opportunity
                      Jah Guide Tony Fleming  

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:03pm
Just to clarify as them too many LIGWA rig under deh one roof hahaha it will be the new LIGWA rig from LIGWA  we will be powering ...............................hey Alf  deh bridgemode gonna be heavy hope the criptonic resonator can do the flex coupling okay lol blessed love TonyWinkWink

Posted By: Tweeter_Box
Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:03pm
I n I will b in attendance to celebrate Ligwa birthday

Posted By: ermita
Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:36pm
me tooThumbs Up

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 1:06pm
 And Me As Well. But Hurry Up And Come This Sunday It Should Be A Killer With Them Four Big Sounds. I Know Music And Bass Line Ah Go Roll. More Fire More Fire.

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:08pm

LOL

very sorry Lev for hi jacking your thread  will not leave this thread................

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by LIGWA LIGWA wrote:

LOL

very sorry Lev for hi jacking your thread  will not leave this thread................

Not my thread. I just check it to see what's happening with RicenPeas this Sunday but it's got  cluttered with your gig.

Maybe if another thread was started for the Ligwa special dance, Admins could be persuaded to move some of the posts there.

I'm sure plenty people want up to date info on the LIGWA stuff posted here.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:26pm
im sure rice and peas didnt mean to thread jack there own thread.....

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 9:33pm
Blimey this thread is confusing. Might pop down on Sunday.

Date Posted: 22 November 2012 at 10:07pm
Lol booking the night off work to support the event and sounds. serious line up. cant miss it.

Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 12:09pm
Yes Everyone The Time        Has Come  For This Big Sounds Line Up Show Down. I Hope Goverment Sound Are Ok Coming Back From Devon On The Motorway. Guys Dont Forget To Bring Your Five Pin Plug For The  big         3Phase Supply. We Hope To See you All. AV.   

Date Posted: 25 November 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by riceandpeas check riceandpeas check wrote:

Yes Everyone The Time        Has Come  For This Big Sounds Line Up Show Down. I Hope Goverment Sound Are Ok Coming Back From Devon On The Motorway. Guys Dont Forget To Bring Your Five Pin Plug For The  big         3Phase Supply. We Hope To See you All. AV.   

They have 3PH-32A in there !?

http://www.www8-hp.com/uk/en/images/HP_3Phase_Plug_tcm_183_1198184.png

-------------

Posted By: hi top
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:53am
really nice session however I mus make a point that when man has clearly built his sound from scratch and u can see the blood sweat and tears that has been put into it u can't come with ur Yama'nahs' and interrupt man during his set. U earn respect by gaining it!

Posted By: mr.dubz
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:11am
ah true Clap

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:42am
Thanks To All Four Sounds That Came And Done A Gd Job. And We Have To Say Big Up Goverment Sound For Driving All The Way From Devon Four Hours Drive To Come. After A Busy Weekend Playing From One End Of The Country To The Other.And Thanks To All The Support ers. And Bigup The Sweet Boys Sound Studio One In The Place And Bless Up The Late But Great Suger Minot Crew Youthman Promotion Sound As Well Prento Youth Etc.One More Thing Guys Y is It So Hard To Work With Some Big Man. Pl The Smoking Thing We All Know You Cant Smoke In Any Building It IS A Rule By Law. We Have Put Up signs And Over The Mic Pl This Have To Stop Its Things Like These That Will Mash Up The S Check. Thanks From The AVP Team. 

Posted By: biotec
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:03am
I came down for a few hours early in the night, mostly to see touch above play. All sounds very different and all good in there own way. 

government sounded clear and heavy and for me were probably the nicest sound to listen to. The subs were firing proper and were shaking the floor up, and the mid-tops were clear and loud with the least audible distortion of any of the sounds playing. To me there seemed to be a little missing in the the upper bass, maybe 100hz to 250hz but it might have been the music. Mic man was more restrained since last time i heard them! Respect for the long journey and great sound.

Touch above were also great once they got the sound running (about an hour late). those ASS scoops were putting out serious amounts of sub and with only 4 drivers they were making massive noise. The overall balance of the sound was probably the best for me but their mids seemed to have distortion and intelligibility was not as good as government or entebbe. Was loving the selection from touch above. A lot of amps in their control tower, all looked home made. Was it one amp per cabinet?

Entebbe surprised me once their sound was tuned up. The boxes are seriously oldskool and they had half as many as everyone else. The bass section was awesome, although not as loud as touch above or government, it was a nice sound, warm and well balanced and exactly how i like to listen to roots music. The mid-tops were variable. At times their mid-top was sweet and clear, but when they overdid the sizzle it was one of the worst noises I've ever had to endure. When the tops started distorting I could feel my ears crying. Their music selection was also great.

Tsunami seemed to play half a round before frying something. no music from them for the rest of the time i was there. The bass bins seemed to be struggling hard. those eminence drivers have never been very good, and the yamaha boxes look far too small for them.

Thanks to all sounds for the music.

-------------
me so horny, me love you long throw.

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:31am
973 mile road trip, well worth every mile Thumbs Up Nuff respect to AV Promotion for the true soundsystem culture Clap

Entebbe, Touch Above & Tsunami, Big up cause "uno" is real soundmen, respect.............

Shout out to Mostec for last minute surgery on the Pre amp as soon as we touched down in London "we lost our mid section in the West Country 10mins before the end of the session LOL" Its comming back this week for a full health check bro LOL

Respect all soundsystem fans, I'll post up some pics when camera get find in wire box..............

Respect.............. Big smile

-------------

Posted By: ReubGold
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 12:41pm
Greetings to promoter and all sound who play.

This only my 2nd rice n peas,  last one  was when APS play, so expect similar standard, very disappointed this time.

Tsunami sound struggle at first, then no bass, then playing some funny selection,And a play in same dance as Touch Above?
Entebbe had good music, and ok mid tops, but them old box need upgrade, not todays standard really.
Government sound - Some nice tune, but no low mids & no kick drum frequencies so mic sound not too good, and mid tops sound thin. So that mean sound  use  6x box or 12x 18" speaker on sub, when is supposed to be 4x box. A  mockery ting dat, no wonder them almost blow up the mains and bruk down. Promoter????
Touch Above - mid tops too loud most of night, but them 4x scoop impress me plenty more than the 10 thousand box Government use.

-------------
If he turns me into a zombie, first person I'm coming after is you.

Posted By: Showcase
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:03pm
Thanks to AV promotions on your works keep it up... Thanks to all sounds for taking part all different but all sounds in their own way. Thanks to Touch Above for giving my Matrix 7000's a good work out on the scoops. Was nice to have them back in one piece... !

Posted By: Dave FFA
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:10pm
A great night out and lovely to see my old friend Carlton from Entebbe who i sat next to at BSS Audio all those years building omnidrives, 960's, 360's etc - fantastic music mate as ever and took me back to the Thursday night dub club in Finsbury park, great to hear Gav Goverment for the first time and massive respect for drivng the system all the way from Preston town - serious dedication! really good to meet you again Edward and certainly a good performance from your amps. Those Celestions are freightening and just love power up em!

Posted By: pullup
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:25pm
Well done AV, great session of soundsytem vibes

4 different sounds all playing well with what they had, heaviest set was Goverment with 6 doubles, Touch Above 2nd heaviest, 3rd heaviest Entebbe traditional 80's sound, Tsunami had technicals, good selection played, very nice vibes from all involved   

Suprise for me was the sub pressure from Goverment doubles, never heard that before!! Well done all involve.

Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:44pm
Anyone know why Government had to lock off?

-------------

Posted By: Jahlive
Date Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ReubGold ReubGold wrote:

Greetings to promoter and all sound who play.

This only my 2nd rice n peas,  last one  was when APS play, so expect similar standard, very disappointed this time.

Tsunami sound struggle at first, then no bass, then playing some funny selection,And a play in same dance as Touch Above?
Entebbe had good music, and ok mid tops, but them old box need upgrade, not todays standard really.
Government sound - Some nice tune, but no low mids & no kick drum frequencies so mic sound not too good, and mid tops sound thin. So that mean sound  use  6x box or 12x 18" speaker on sub, when is supposed to be 4x box. A  mockery ting dat, no wonder them almost blow up the mains and bruk down. Promoter????
Touch Above - mid tops too loud most of night, but them 4x scoop impress me plenty more than the 10 thousand box Government use.

Government has to cheat to keep up so I don't rate them Agreed 4 box is 4 box 6 box a 6 touch above smashed it for me for bass mids were too loud for true entebbe for selection tsunami needs to upgrade EVERYTHING ! Big up promoter better vibes than the other soundcheck for me

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 8:33am

Anyone know why Government had to lock off?

Circuit tripped @ 10.45pm, we got power from another socket, but by this time caretaker requested session to end sharply @ 11pm!! So we switched off & sarted to pack away, promotor was hoping to get extension till 11.30pm, but his hands were tied.

Respect.........

-------------

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:45pm
@ gee136

Not trying to be nosiey, are you guys using fane xb's if you are, are they modified

Wicked sound anyway.

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by pull up pull up wrote:

@ gee136

Not trying to be noisy, are you guys using fane xb if you are, are they modified

Wicked sound anyway.

Standard Fane XB 600watt drivers are in our doubles, apparently Fane upgraded the spec to the said drivers from 600watt to 800watt!!

Cost @ the time when we loaded x10 doubles was £105 per driver, when we loaded our additional x4 doubles this year, for the same said drivers, they asking £200!!!! "TEEF LOL"

Respect............... Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 5:28pm
Touch Above! Sort your mic section out, then you gone clear! 

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Date Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Touch Above! Sort your mic section out, then you gone clear! 

Maybe one more piece of 2U outboard would "line" things up nice. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 8:53am
Audio Drop of the session "8pm to the end"

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3ysv93uvkm2a

Respect................ Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Dub Specialist
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 11:20am
well xbs went from 600w to 800w then too 1000w

-------------
treat all creation with respect. For music is sound...sound is vibration...vibration is energy... and energy begets life. Therein lies my passion! MUSIC IS LIFE

Posted By: PauliePaul
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Dub Specialist Dub Specialist wrote:

well xbs went from 600w to 800w then too 1000w

600 - original (RMS).
800 - revised (AES), new spec glues etc.
1000 - revised (AES), new coils.

Posted By: Dub Specialist
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:18pm
hey paul wasnt fanes very conservative with there power rating, meaning thay could handle a lot more power as spec states?

-------------
treat all creation with respect. For music is sound...sound is vibration...vibration is energy... and energy begets life. Therein lies my passion! MUSIC IS LIFE

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Originally posted by pull up pull up wrote:

@ gee136

Not trying to be noisy, are you guys using fane xb if you are, are they modified

Wicked sound anyway.

Standard Fane XB 600watt drivers are in our doubles, apparently Fane upgraded the spec to the said drivers from 600watt to 800watt!!

Cost @ the time when we loaded x10 doubles was £105 per driver, when we loaded our additional x4 doubles this year, for the same said drivers, they asking
£200!!!! "TEEF LOL"

Respect............... Big smilesmile" />

Respect, if I didn't have heard them I wouldn't have belive what they where chucking out

Posted By: mooreb
Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 2:50pm
What I want to know is everytime a sound plays anything different from Dub and Roots at R&P or GP then someone states its a "odd" or "funny" selection. Why?
If they don't play Dub or Roots then so what, sometimes its nice to hear something different.

Big up all the sounds that were at R&P, stay Blessed

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by mooreb mooreb wrote:

What I want to know is everytime a sound plays anything different from Dub and Roots at R&P or GP then someone states its a "odd" or "funny" selection. Why?
If they don't play Dub or Roots then so what, sometimes its nice to hear something different.

In my experience when sounds start playing rub a dub or dancehall, it leads to sound bwoy dubs about nothing but sound name being mentioned, and that "usually" activates my "ready to go home" LED.

Roots & Dub really shows if the machines have any "irish moss" in their amp & subs. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 3:29pm

In my experience when sounds start playing rub a dub or dancehall, it leads to sound bwoy dubs about nothing but sound name being mentioned, and that "usually" activates my "ready to go home" LED.

Roots & Dub really shows if the machines have any "irish moss" in their amp & subs. LOL

I hear you Ray, but as we both heard that didn't stop the sounds at R&P from playing dubplates and they were playing roots & Dub!

I'm not saying they should play dancehall (unless its old school) and i don't really like the upto date ragga (too much slackness and gun talk!).
I do feel It would be nice to hear something different (revives, reggae) as I have tried to promote these things as I feel they are a postive thing in our community but a lot of the people I bring are not into the "same riddim for 15 minute thing" and so don't want to come back (although they love the sound systems).
It is nice to hear 4 big sounds play in one venue but It would be REALLY nice to hear something other than roots!

P.S. It might even attract a few ladies to even things up a bit! 

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:24pm

I hear you Ray, but as we both heard that didn't stop the sounds at R&P from playing dubplates and they were playing roots & Dub!

I'm not saying they should play dancehall (unless its old school) and i don't really like the upto date ragga (too much slackness and gun talk!).
I do feel It would be nice to hear something different (revives, reggae) as I have tried to promote these things as I feel they are a postive thing in our community but a lot of the people I bring are not into the "same riddim for 15 minute thing" and so don't want to come back (although they love the sound systems).
It is nice to hear 4 big sounds play in one venue but It would be REALLY nice to hear something other than roots!

P.S. It might even attract a few ladies to even things up a bit! 

Even though I enjoyed the Showcase/TA/Bushmaster "special" clash at Soundcheck, Roots & Dub "plates" usually means heavy sub and "kriss" tops, and the machines competing.

Personally enjoy this much more.

Certain Roots sounds like Government, Iration, TA, Entebbe  have "specials mentioning their name", but also plenty weight and tops.

My ting 'dat. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:39pm
yes King I think Its True. I was There Sunday And It Was Nice A Big Turnout Again And I loved The Serious B Line From Govenor sound And Touch Above.All Four Done Well And The Food Is Wicked.But Any Sound That Pays Hes money Should Be Able To Play What They Want.But I Have To Say All The Ladys That Was There And Couple Of Man Them Was Saying That It Is Boring. Just Look At Last Month One People Was Dance in And Much More Vibes I Notice You Get More People Danceing And Vibes When The Sounds Mix Up Than Playing Pure Roots Music. Check This There are Always Some Nice Decent Ladys At AV And They Would Cum Back Maybe Even With Their Friends. So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 5:06pm

yes King I think Its True. I was There Sunday And It Was Nice A Big Turnout Again And I loved The Serious B Line From Govenor sound And Touch Above.All Four Done Well And The Food Is Wicked.But Any Sound That Pays Hes money Should Be Able To Play What They Want.But I Have To Say All The Ladys That Was There And Couple Of Man Them Was Saying That It Is Boring. Just Look At Last Month One People Was Dance in And Much More Vibes I Notice You Get More People Danceing And Vibes When The Sounds Mix Up Than Playing Pure Roots Music. Check This There are Always Some Nice Decent Ladys At AV And They Would Cum Back Maybe Even With Their Friends. So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.
1+
You open up yourself for a bigger audience with a bigger choice of music.
I feel they should mix it up!

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:46pm

So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.

+1

That would be perfect in my books. Clap

Old time Roots & Culture, 80s/90s dancehall/Modern Digital Dub rounds, sure plenty ladies would be feeling that.

Then in each round, each sound and show off them skills. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:48pm

So Why Not Try One Round Of This And One Round Of That.After All Music Is Music.

+1

Old time Roots & Culture, 80s/90s dancehall/Modern Digital Dub rounds, sure plenty ladies would be feeling that.

See now we're talking, weather the sounds will do it is another thing! Smile

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:51pm

+1

If Promoter governs the thing, and states which music is to be played each round, and each sound plays accordingly, can't fail.. Worst thing is one sound playing heavy roots, then next sound playing rub a dub.

'Dat 'cyan 'wurk. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 November 2012 at 7:03pm

+1

If Promoter governs the thing, and states which music is to be played each round, and each sound plays accordingly, can't fail.. Worst thing is one sound playing heavy roots, then next sound playing rub a dub.

'Dat 'cyan 'wurk. LOL

The other thing I think is it should be a "time thing" where every sound has 15 mins say, this would stop the arguments over how much tunes or cuts of tunes one sound plays 
I think if they did that along with what you said above yardman then the attendance would go through the roof!

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Posted By: Tweeter_Box
Date Posted: 29 November 2012 at 5:12pm

Audio Drop of the session "8pm to the end"

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3ysv93uvkm2a

Respect................ Big smile

Star Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 8:49am
Touch Above Sound

Entebbe "rasta chanter" Sound

Tsunami "Soundwave" Sound

Goverment "weight & treble" Machine

-------------

Posted By: ras i
Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 12:42pm
I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

12 x 18" on SUB!! in that venue!! The builders should be in there the next morning!!!

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ras i ras i wrote:

Even though I still think that should mean 4 x speakers no matter what box, I can accept a man using 3 x doubles which is 6 x drivers, or 4 x doubles seeing that is still 4 box. BUT 6 x DOUBLES ON SUB (12 x 18" BASS)???? Thats taking the P***!!

Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:11pm
If you look very carefully @ our 2 DIY top doubles 18" 600watt Fane Xb's, & I mean look very carefully, no cheating............ You will see the outlines of BOOTS  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:12pm

12 x 18" on SUB!! in that venue!! The builders should be in there the next morning!!!

I've always thought that GP was the one where there are restrictions on the amount of boxes not R&P (I was kinda looking forward to going to R&P with 6 PD1850 scoops!)

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:37pm

I've always thought that GP was the one where there are restrictions on the amount of boxes not R&P (I was kinda looking forward to going to R&P with 6 PD1850 scoops!)

Seems a bit pointless if the systems are not matched.

Then people say oh this system was the heaviest.

Don't think I've heard any sound mash up RnP, like Ren APS in South East London & Eternity in Tottenham.

And they were only using  4x 18" drivers on SUB Bass.

I'm most impressed by sounds who can do the above, with fewest amps.

That shows me they have an efficient system, and serious engineer. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:54pm
Some bwoy dem fi tap finger click & bring ah machine fi deal wid bowy.......................

lickle sounds fi play lickle sounds......................  Thumbs Up

BIG machines fi strap up wid BIG machines.........................  Thumbs Up

You tink seh promoter caan cum tell big man soun, how many dis & day fi play dem machine , next ting man dem ah go seh only play wid ONE amp LOL  LOL JOKERS............ 

Next time look out fi Goverment 18sound 21" doubles, & don'ty be surprise if x2 of them is playing KICK bass.............. LOL  LOL  LOL 
Just to dun a bwoy......................

Real soun man chat, dis ah nuh matrix chat......................

-------------

Posted By: Herb-i
Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:03pm

Some bwoy dem fi tap finger click & bring ah machine fi deal wid bowy.......................

You tink seh promoter caan cum tell big man soun, how many dis & day fi play dem machine , next ting man dem ah go seh only play wid ONE amp LOL  LOL JOKERS............ 

Next time look out fi Goverment 18sound 21" doubles, &
don'ty be surprise if x2 of them is playing KICK bass.............. width="17" alt="LOL" title="LOL" />  LOLtitle="LOL" />  LOL 
Just to
dun a bwoy......................

Real soun man chat, dis ah nuh matrix chat......................

Listened to the session, seems like sour grapes to me, well done Goverment, I've experience the 38 before, & it looks like London experienced it aswel   

Well done fella

Keith

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:22pm

Touch Above is also big sound, and they still only brought 4x 1x18" scoops for RnP? Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:24pm
Double post

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:21pm
Not taking sides here, but some sounds should go back to the drawing board & figure out what is relevant & what is not, I'd rather carry out 9 cabs & blow down a huge venue than carry 16 cabs & not produce a sound relevant to the amount of cabs, in my books, that just does not add up, no disrespect meant to anybody, just my observation.

Posted By: slaz
Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:25pm
I thought double 18 reflex boxes were counted as roughly equivalent to a 18" scoop - no ? Or is that GP "rules" ? Was Goverment _using_ all 6 ?

-------------
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 4:44pm
people have too much focus on everyone elses sound and not enough focus on their own. thats a bigger problem LOL

Posted By: phildat
Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 5:30pm
Words of pure wisdom right there luton..

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

people have too much focus on everyone elses sound and not enough focus on their own. thats a bigger problem LOL

+1

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 11:24pm
This is why no one should be suprised, when events happen and there is no feedback afterwards.

Nuff, nuff people had plenty to say at the gig, about how certain things was shambles.

However, people stop comment on SP, because certain people catch feelings or get offended, when straight up commentary offends or doesn't suck up to sounds playing.

My mistake, thought forum was for discussion, & "Events and Ting", was for discussing events.

Won't happen again.

"KMT"

-------------

Date Posted: 30 November 2012 at 11:56pm
Hey Lev, we don't always agree on nuff tings, but dat don't stop us from have our say and some good banta.
The way I see it, if a sound man don't want to get criticism/feedback, they should just play in dem yard to dem self.

This is a forum to discus tings and one of those tings is sound systems. So just continue fi duh yuh ting and have yuh seh! Cause mi know mi nah stop!!

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 1:30am

Hey Lev, we don't always agree on nuff tings, but dat don't stop us from have our say and some good banta.
The way I see it, if a sound man don't want to get criticism/feedback, they should just play in dem yard to dem self.

This is a forum to discus tings and one of those tings is sound systems. So just continue fi duh yuh ting and have yuh seh! Cause mi know mi nah stop!!

Respects..

Yes we don't always see on a level.. But is truth you're talking..

I don't think people realise how much certain sound man has stopped posting on SP, because honesty is not appreciated.

But the "fan boy" ting is bigged up... 'Bun dat 'iyah.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 9:21am
I chat to nuff big respectable sound man all the time about the soundchecks, but none of dem will post any comments because of the vibes people show when they get criticised
But like di saying go, "if yuh caan tek di heat, den get out di kitchen! Or in dis case don't go in di kitchen at all!

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 10:22am
Suh back to di last r&p

I like the way Entebe do their thing, very old school yes, but we need sounds like that to remind us of where we coming from. As long as its done properly like the way Entebe did it. The only thing I would say is update your subs.

Tsunami mid tops were nice but if they want to be taken seriously as a big sound then those Emmy loaded yammies have to go!

T/A we know can be monsterous but on this occasion something wasn't right. Mid tops were too loud and the subs were heavy at times but then sounded a bit muddled sometime. Whether it was a preamp issue or amp I don't know but something needs sorting.

Goverment, I know everybody do their thing a little bit different and they choose to use double reflex which did sound heavy up close but didn't seem to travel very far. And i still think that 12 x 18" with 2 x 10k amps should be causing structural damage. Heard they had preamp issues so could explain the lack of low mid because the 3 double 15s should be chucking out loads more. Like the mic vibes still! Even though we couldn't hear it clearly.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Posted By: midus
Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 10:36am
[QUOTE=ras i] I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

i would like to see variety it is the spice of life and stops things getting boring first thing i would say about all the sounds at this event governments  system seems the most usable as in load in time van pack and it did not take up anymore space than t above. and i am sure it was interesting to see and hear a reflex vs horn system   

Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by midus midus wrote:

[QUOTE=ras i] I thought these soundchecks were meant to be 4 x SUB BASS BOX events!!!???

i would like to see variety it is the spice of life and stops things getting boring first thing i would say about all the sounds at this event governments  system seems the most usable as in load in time van pack and it did not take up anymore space than t above. and i am sure it was interesting to see and hear a reflex vs horn system   

Yes Midus, variety a di spice of life. I personally don't have a problem with goverment bringing 6 doubles. If dat a weh dem use dats fine, all mi a seh is 12 x 18" wid 2 x 10k amp should mash up 4 x 18" big time. but it didnt. an even tho the sub did heavy up close whem yu move to de midle a di hall it drop weh big time.

-------------
Sun Sun Sun

Date Posted: 01 December 2012 at 5:28pm
All sounds did well 

looked at all stack and see nothing wrong with goverment's set-up, we should know the different between a reflex, so called high bass or mid bass and a scoop. 

so what's the problem? stop counter boxes and come out and Enjoy the Evening Events

And thanks to the sounds that make the effort to come out and play some music.

You guys are so hard to please!

You guys would cut sound in bits and pieces Cry

Date Posted: 02 December 2012 at 1:11am
Yes I Lets Just Enjoy The Biggest Event For Pure Sound System In The World Right Now. Just One Thing I would Love To Know A Part From This WaxHead Man.These Man Them That Say Thing That Upset Some Of Them Sound mens     Do They Have Their Own Sets.plus If You Notice Av Aint Saying Anything. So Why Not Leave IT To Them.  

Date Posted: 02 December 2012 at 8:44am
Urm...... Not sure where you where standing, but them fanes where hitting everywhere in the big venue, most surprisly they where hitting outside

Date Posted: 03 December 2012 at 10:08am
WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS WATCH THIS SPACE AS WEH COMIN UP FROM DEH SOUTHWEST WITH THE LIGWA EARTHSHAKER RIG  POWERED BY SUNSHINE TEH CLASH DEH BABYLON GRID SYSTEM.

I ONLY HOPE AND PRAY DAT WE GET NUFF GUIDANCE FROM THE VETERAN SOUNDS TO PUT US ON DEH RIGHT PATH 4X LIGWA EARTHSHAKERS  WITH THE POWER OF THE CREATOR (AND GUIDANCE FROM DEH MAN HIMSELF MR LIGWA BIGUPS ALF )

WE ARE BUILDING FROM DEH BOTTOM UP AND WILL BE PLAYING TUNES IN MID APRIL TO EARLY MARCH  BLESSINGS AND RASPEK TO ONE AND ALL AND KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN FEH

ECO EARTHSHAKER SOLAR RIG WEH COME SOON

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net