Forum Description: Clubnights, Festivals, Parties, Choons, etc go in here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=78133
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 5:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: RICE & PEAS CHECK MAY
Posted By: riceandpeas check
Subject: RICE & PEAS CHECK MAY
Date Posted: 18 April 2013 at 7:09pm
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/northdub/media/AVMay2013_zps8447b788.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

THE BIG ONE

BLESS

Replies:
Posted By: wadup
Date Posted: 18 April 2013 at 7:18pm

Posted By: yardman
Date Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:46am
Now this is what you call a real dance/clash.big up AV you done it again.

Posted By: hi grade
Date Posted: 19 April 2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by yardman yardman wrote:

Now this is what you call a real dance/clash.big up AV you done it again.

WinkWink

Posted By: Jah Lion
Date Posted: 19 April 2013 at 11:22am
looking forward to dis ya dance. qualitex never fail to entertain me Clap

Date Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:57pm
Yes iyah 4 big sound deya. Boomshot

Date Posted: 20 April 2013 at 9:34pm
This one will be a six bin thing.or would you all like more bins. 

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 20 April 2013 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by riceandpeas check riceandpeas check wrote:

more the merrier

but please can we have all bins in one stack

so either one stack of 6 or 8 bins

-------------
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 21 April 2013 at 12:32am

Wow, didn't know Edge had big power in there. Clap

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Date Posted: 21 April 2013 at 11:44pm
I say 8 bins and 6mids+tops. right now i know who my money going on.Easy the best sounds killers line up for the year.

Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 3:09pm
Info for everyone. it will be a six bins only and in one stack.power is 13amp/32amp.are you all happy with that.talk to us.

Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 3:12pm

Info for everyone. it will be a six bins only and in one stack.power is 13amp/32amp.are you all happy with that.talk to us.

Clap

Yes King, may well have to chat to you soon about some tings. Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: ermita
Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 4:33pm
Lev, you gonna bring the roof down of The Edge with 6 scoopsLOL

Date Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

Lev, you gonna bring the roof down of The Edge with 6 scoopsLOL

If we can shake up GP with 4x, we "personally" won't  need more than that in most venues.LOL
But nothing will happen without crew meeting.Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:32pm
Yes crew cant help it but to say we cant wait for this dance. So far everything is ok all four sounds gd to go.big respect to all the av ladys staffs that pick these four sets oyes the ladys.we hope to see u all bless. 

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:28am
This session locked & loaded  Thumbs Up

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 9:48pm
I've been hearing that foundation hasn't got a sound but he will be using either ebony show case or Ls1 sound are they rumours or are they true av promotions . Please can you respond back to this question

Date Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:19am
Whether foundation use L-S-ONE or Ebony.( wha mek?) Me play and select l s one and me work wid foundation sound. So anyting ah anyting. Simple.(LEFTY)

Posted By: midus
Date Posted: 29 May 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by wadup wadup wrote:

Whether foundation use L-S-ONE or Ebony.( wha mek?) Me play and select l s one and me work wid foundation sound. So anyting ah anyting. Simple.(LEFTY)

no disrespect but if a man has just a hard drive full a tune him if play the circus clash dem and leave the hardcore clash to the real sounds 

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:32am
Im not into no long debate or fe dis or offend anyone... it is what it is, so de ting set (WHY?) cah ahso we set the ting.

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:26pm
Greeting to the world well what can we say. its the final run now so lets pray its a nice warm day and everything gos well.also to all big sound men or people that say they are big sound men who think they can step to the mark when it come to entertainment in a dance. then step forward.who is ready 

Date Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:08pm
Yo king man ls1 no disrespect dont take it the wrong way. i just like to know whats happening. ok cool.

Posted By: Ras Elder
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 3:07am
Rodigan....

Posted By: SURFA
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:38am
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Rodigan....
NO SAY NUTTEN MORE RAS ELDER...ClapHandshake
Lets just fulljoy the night people & give thanks sound system & dj's have a place to play in... Thumbs Up
Hawkeye Experience...

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 7:24am
Yardman respect and i never take offence to your comments i as soundman selector dj respect every sound and soundman worldwide. Oneup.

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:59am
Party party party.. WOTATING

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:46pm
Due to alitte mis understanding their may not be any food avaliable i said may not. but goner try and work something out.all sounds gd to go. yo kutty take time on the motorway fire. 

Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:01pm
Hhhhhmmmm .four sound stringup right now

Posted By: greenmachine
Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 7:58am
4 sounds string up then???????????

-------------
some will love some will not round deep solid bassline clean clear mid tops.pre amp oh yes.

Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 2:06pm
how was the dance

Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 7:49pm
Empty barrell mek.... THE MOST NOISE

Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 8:35pm
The dance never bus!!!!

Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 9:31pm

Empty barrell mek.... THE MOST NOISE

talk de ting

Posted By: FOUNDATION SOUND UK
Date Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:03pm
Good Session!!! Big up riceandpeas & All who turned out fi this one
Blessed

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:15am
Honestly the session did nice many a time war was incited but it
wasnt bill as soundclash. Mafia love was well up fe de war but nasty rocker and foundation never come there fe that so my opion is all four sound did play WICKED and respect to them all. Oneup

Posted By: SE Soundman
Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 12:49pm

Honestly the session did nice many a time war was incited but it
wasnt bill as soundclash. Mafia love was well up fe de war but nasty rocker and foundation never come there fe that so my opion is all four sound did play WICKED and respect to them all. Oneup

How can you say Nasty Rockers didn't come there for clash when it was them that first started to direct tunes at each sound and call names. Foundation replied by saying they only came to party. Boooo then Mafia love took on foundation. Qualitex played some tunes back at nasty rockers but nasty rockers never replied. Seems like everyone was holding back. Then it seemed like Qualitex and Nasty Rockers was about to step up a level but the power went. Think it would have got interesting if the power never cut out because the dance was extended to 6:00 am.

When the tune fi tune started nasty rockers went over to foundation set to play on as they didn't have no power and started to string down there set. which I think was as mistake as that gave Qualitex more ammunition. Quote qualitex mic man. " one country sound against 5 London sound. Nasty Rockers, foundation, LS1, ebony showcase and mafia love" lol

On a sound system level, it was embarrassing as a London sound man to see a country sound come to London with one little stack and out play 3 big London sound. The bass from qualitex was intense. Very impressive for one stack of 4 mini scoops. Compared to the rest of the sounds it was on a different level.

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:17pm

any pictures?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 3:47pm
Blessed, if ever a session needed a vibes sound this was it. NUFF a we outta back reasoning about this, Killer George seh if mi write something it have to right.. the truth is that the dance never buss. It needed the North London juggling sound to give it that anticipation factor that when it came to their turn to play people danced. The dance emptied early. Big up to qualitex who suggested the 3 3, but by then the dance was in decline. Biggest tunes were played by Gaffer dem. I told Killer to mind dem loose talk on the Mic that they can "tread on some of those roots sounds"..... lol, who tell him to use the word Tread !!!

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 5:08pm
Yes Ras Elder. I agree no vibes in the dance and as we said outside someone needs to step up the game a little. I think they were all confused whether to clash or just juggle, and by the time Qualitex suggested the 3 for 3 and the vibes started to build the power chipped out. So that just killed it.

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 5:13pm
If Gaffer want to or think they can TREAD on any roots sounds he needs to sort the system out first, because Qualitex use 4 mini and embarrass them with 6 21" and 6 18" and you know roots sound is about heavy bass and they don't have that.

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 5:14pm
if there is more then one soundsystem in a hall it is a clash

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 5:20pm
That's what a few of us were debating about yet the mic man on Foundation kept saying he come to party. When the majority of the crowd came to see a clash.

Posted By: mooreb
Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by SE Soundman SE Soundman wrote:

If Gaffer want to or think they can TREAD on any roots sounds he needs to sort the system out first, because Qualitex use 4 mini and embarrass them with 6 21" and 6 18" and you know roots sound is about heavy bass and they don't have that.

You really don't know what the hell you're talking about, I know what equipment Nasty Love have and they can hold their own against any sound. So unless you know something I don't then stop talking foolishness!

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Posted By: mrmck
Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:28pm
more clash pon SP dan inna de soundcheck dem!qqq

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by mrmck mrmck wrote:

more clash pon SP dan inna de soundcheck dem!qqq

For real but some people talk what they dont know!
P.S. The FX works nice Danny!

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:50pm
Greetings Mooreb
The reasoning was about TUNE not about equipment, Gaffer played an instrumental stepper when that statement was made. I show George dat "self gratification" tunes do not work in the "Roots" as Rastafari like to hear spiritually uplifting music.

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:07pm
Ps. If you know my connections the word TREAD relates to a Mic MC who used to work on Jungle Man sound... BIG hint as to who I am, that's why I laugh. See Ras Tread in action in Bedford 8 June alongside Channel One....

Posted By: mrmck
Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:30pm
bless mooreb, u making noise in the neighbours head? gonna call u in the wk, need to talk about sum cable

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:32pm
Now this is what i dont overstand tell me were on the flyers or sp or on the radio etc does it say clash. thats y there was a nice amount of classy sex woman there do you think they want to here all that no you mean to tell me that four real big sounds cant hold the people and entertain them that not gd. to me foundation and mafia love tryed and did rock the place most of the nite may be if all of them did follow the vibe would of been on fire there was nothing wrong with the dance all it needed was for all the sounds to focus on the big crowd them. apart from that all four was there. but foundation was the best sound in there when it came to being balance and with quality easy.big avp. 

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ras Elder Ras Elder wrote:

Greetings Mooreb
The reasoning was about TUNE not about equipment, Gaffer played an instrumental stepper when that statement was made. I show George dat "self gratification" tunes do not work in the "Roots" as Rastafari like to hear spiritually uplifting music.

Good evening Ras, I hear what you're saying about tune and if it was that what he was talking about then you would be right I probably would have missed what SE Soundman meant, BUT he mentioned sorting the sound out first and then just to reinforce that he was talking about the system went on to talk about what boxes Qualitex "Embarrassed" them with!
I don't usually come on here to start nothing with no one as I live good with people, but NO sound got embarrassed on friday all the sounds did very well and sounded good, So when some keyboard warrior starts to cuss what people have spent decades to build then I feel I have to say something!
One love and Bless

-------------
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:19pm
Yes fire your right that's y our sound thing can go downhill because some people don't have any love in their heart all they do fight down want a person trying to do and. But yet they don't. Own a pot to dee dee in half of them don't have no gal or any money. All have to say is respect to all sounds and promoters.

Date Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:20pm
I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 1:41am
This is why I didn't joined this forum before. People say one thing when they are amongst certain man then come on here and talk the complete opposite.
A lot of you guys are a bunch of hypocrites. On the night a lot of us was out the back on different occasions discussing the sounds and most man was saying that all the sounds were ok on mid and tops but qualitex was showing up the other sounds on a bass line level even though they had the smallest stack in the dance. Now you all saying different because you don't want to offend your friends or you just want to defend London. I am a London sound man myself and hate it when sounds come here and show us up, but fact is fact soundman to soundman Qualitex bass line was on a different level to the others.
I know Gaffa and Ras D for a long time and I know they probably could have both done better on the night but they didn't. Gaffa had 12 bass in the place and I don't want no man come tell me about the 18s were playing mid because they weren't. The 6 21" and 6 18" we're playing bass and Ras D had 6 18" full scoop playing bass and 6 15" reflex playing just a little higher bass than the scoops and yet none of them came close to what Qualitex did. Give respect where it's due whether they come from London or not. I too have a sound and knows the hard work, money and sacrifice it takes to build so I'm not dissing no man sound, but when we put our sound out there in a arena against other sounds we expect comparisons and critics. That's how we improve. So if the London Dancehall Soundmen, myself included don't step up our game we will be left behind by the country sounds. We should take a leaf from the London roots sounds who are now beginning to step up like the rest of the country roots sounds.

Now to you Mr Yardman it doesn't take a genius to workout who you are by reading back through some of your comments on other occasions.
You said the flyer didn't have clash on it but when you put TUNE FOR TUNE, SOUND FOR SOUND, DUB FOR DUB. That says Clash. So don't try fool people with your little trickery. And it doesn't even matter what you put on the flyer from you put 4 sound of that caliber in one dance everyone expect a clash
I would say its the promoters fault for the dance going the way it did as some sounds were not sure whether to clash or not. I know they were a handful of ladies there but 90% of the crowd wanted to see a clash. If you wanted to make a juggling dance to entertain people you could have just used 1 sound and a couple of good djs to do that.

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 1:42am
Sorry for the long essay. Lol just needed to get certain things clear.

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 6:19am
Greetings SE, man an man DID talk about that differently but that was not the main issue for me as I am not a sound man, but I tell Soldgie his little stack "Stan Up". If one of them was using a Gram, I would
not mind so long as they picked up the vibes!!! We know now what a treasure we have with Flip, it's as simple as that...

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:12am
Yes kutty was the heaviest in the dance fe true as fe the clash ting it was me that stop choppa from war him did well want jump ina it but i kept telling him no we come here fe party so if anything blame me for foundation not taking up the war. Oneup.

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:47am
SE if your trying to war or disrepect me forget it when i come on here i try and keep the peace i dont have time for these thing which start arguments. you claim you know me then maybe i know as well. if thats the case then when you see   me in a dance or soundcheck come talk to me face to face that aint hard is it. 

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 8:33am
Yardman i'm not trying to disrespect you or start a war. I'm just saying it as it is. We did chat on the night and I told you the same thing that this dance is a clash no matter how you put it and yes entertainment for the ladies is important but there are different dances for that. Clash is clash some women do enjoy a bit of banter too. So if the sounds were allowed to just war it out on a musical level it would have been a lot more interesting. Which is what we were all saying out back on the night.

Ras Elder. I agree with you that even on a clash vibes the dance never got going for several reasons. I know if it did take off each sound in there had the tunes and potential to make it into an interesting night. Which is why I was so disappointed and was only focused on how the systems were performing and on that basis I think Qualitex took it for me. And a lot of people were saying the same on the night. Even a couple of the other soundman dem was saying that at the end.

Big up Av for trying to keep the sound system vibes going. As I will be in there soon too. Hope I perform good
All I'm saying boss is if you promote a party vibes dance that's a different thing but a dance like Friday will always be perceived as a clash.

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 9:23am
Oh yes Wadup, I take it you were the mic man for foundation. I did hear the man dem cussing you outside at the end of the dance for stopping Choppa from going hard and you did accept the fact that it was you that stopped it. So respect for admitting that. And all the soundman out there all said they thought the dance probably would have been better if they just clashed it out. Kutty, soljie, choppa and the selector from mafia love was all there saying the same thing.

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 10:12am
SE... Gaffer is ALWAYS going to clash, when they were Nasty Love it was nuff xxx rated tunes, but Chopper promoted clash sessions in Camden Town so when I hear they were there to party I could not believe it. Those Soul specials kill the dance for me, they would be great in a house blues..

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 10:56am
It was me thst tell choppa fe hold back as fe the rnb dub dem again it was me that tell him fe play dem remember i was concentrating on the woman dem look u see choppa ah warhead selecta but that night me did suggest juggle not war so again me tek de blame.. oneup

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 11:02am
pictures?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 2:29pm
Right! I just had a PM from someone who didn't want to comment on here because of the politics. He was asking what I have against country sounds? I am sorry if my statements come across in that way but I don't have anything against any sound from anywhere. If anything I was praising them. My concern is why it seems like only the sounds from outside London are stepping up their game and moving with the times ahead of us lot in London. Especially on the dancehall scene.

And I don't mean on a musical level because we all know is London run things on tunes. I was more on about sound systems, boxes amps etc

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 6:12pm
Me soon come ah road... wait oneup

Date Posted: 03 June 2013 at 7:55pm
SSE i know your new to the game all you been saying is what you want and what the other sound men them want everybody pay their money to be entertain not just soundmen alone. learn this all kind of people come ah dance that song is by suger minot it dont matter if it a dance /clash etc everyone should be entertain so tell me this cant a sound play pure specials and rock the place. we all have in the past been to a  party /dance you name it and the dj cant entertain us so theres no excuses.a gd group of man and women came there to enjoy a dance yes and they was dance in to a clash special tune but as soon as another sound came in with some funny tune they grab they coat and left.it nothing to do with any promoter you should know that they put four big wicked sounds in there they have to do the rest. once again you dont know me  and i dont know you as i said before greet me when you see me.

Date Posted: 04 June 2013 at 9:01pm
Greeting to you all for supporting the session. what a turnout and all those hot gal them in the place wow but nuff big up to the four sets done well av have to hail up the real godfather him self sir lloydie coxsone who came to support the avp and thanks as well to king tubby/love injection/superclick/vibessquard/fatman/etc. many thank to all staff/sercurity. As for pic i did take a few not sure if they came out clear i will check thank again. 

Date Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:23pm
Due to over load of works for av and plus members of the team going on holiday. then it is holiday time so there will not be any soundcheck this month see you all soon. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net