Print Page | Close Window

What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: General
Forum Name: General Forum
Forum Description: Open Discussion / Questions
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=87217
Printed Date: 26 May 2019 at 2:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?
Posted By: popicasolistul01
Subject: What speakers use NEXO, where is the prove ?
Date Posted: 12 June 2014 at 1:59pm
Hello 

I read a lot on the net about people saying that Nexo use the following speakers in their original loudspeakers.

Nexo PS10 R1 (MK1 and MK2) have (the difference is only the writing on the speakon backplate (the MK2's have the PS10 ondulated big letters and numbers))
B&C DE45-8 driver
RCF L10-568H woofer
Nexo LS500 MK1 has a RCF L15S800(4 ohm version) woofer
Nexo LS500 MK2 has a B&C 15NW76(8 ohm version) same as in Nexo RS15 subs !
Nexo PS10 R2 (the new model) have
B&C DE500-8 driver
B&C 10NW76-8 woofer
Nexo PS15 R1 (the first model ) have 
B&C DE85TN-8 2" throat diver
PHL B38-5021 (6 ohm version) that is the same woofer  in the PS15 BASS !
Nexo PS15 R2 (the new model)
B&C DE64TN 2" throat driver
Faital Pro 15FX560 , the same is in the LS 600 subwoofer (for PS10 R2 ) ,,

The question is : Who can confirm official that Nexo realy do this ?
Can you find such a confirmation on Nexo`s official website, and if not who can confirm and prove this ?

Replies:
Posted By: MarjanM
Date Posted: 12 June 2014 at 2:35pm
Why do we need to prove any of that? You either like the box or not. Who cares whats inside.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Posted By: TONY.A.S.S.
Date Posted: 12 June 2014 at 2:58pm
You won't find any Manufacturer that will give you this kind of info. Most of the "big boys" like to give the impression that they have special speakers made for them. Sometimes you will find this to be true, and it is always something simple in the change of spec. In most cases the only difference will be the label. Giving that special impression helps with the prices they charge for their product and spares.

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/tony.rossell.3" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/tony.rossell.3

Date Posted: 12 June 2014 at 4:45pm
Even if those are all off the shelf components marking them differently helps in protecting your from getting copied.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Posted By: StuMur
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 10:20am
I think the op has asked a very interesting question actually. Would anyone here mind validating the model numbers he's quoted here for the PS10 and LS500 subs - are they actually correct/accurate? As I only own the PS10 TD controller at this point, I'd love to have a go at building myself some PS10's and a sub. God knows I can't afford the real thing, and it would be a fun project to try - if I can find plans for the actual cabinets, that is..! Confused

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:03pm
people here aren't generally in the habit of publicly assisting the copying and infringement of copyrights - especially within the industry many work in.

if you look around, there are plans and hardware details floating about the internet.... but you won't find it here.

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by StuMur StuMur wrote:

I think the op has asked a very interesting question actually. Would anyone here mind validating the model numbers he's quoted here for the PS10 and LS500 subs - are they actually correct/accurate? As I only own the PS10 TD controller at this point, I'd love to have a go at building myself some PS10's and a sub. God knows I can't afford the real thing, and it would be a fun project to try - if I can find plans for the actual cabinets, that is..! Confused

Can you make identical passive crossover as the one inside PS10?
If not, dont bother.

-------------
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:16pm
Are they not for sale?

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

people here aren't generally in the habit of publicly assisting the copying and infringement of copyrights - especially within the industry many work in.

if you look around, there are plans and hardware details floating about the internet.... but you won't find it here.

Ok, thanks. My apols, I figured infringement only occured if you tried to sell it.. not just having your own copy..? But cheers anywayz.

Posted By: mk2_ginger_biscuit69
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:42pm
nothing against designing and building your own version 'along the lines of the PS10' as inspiration.

As has been pointed out, Nexo tends to use their own processing, crossovers, driver cones etc, which are all combined to do they do. This is pretty much impossible to copy unless you can reproduce every single element.

Best you could do, is find very similar drivers, and either design and make your own crossover that works very nicely with the cabinet, or run it active using DSP to emulate the TD controller but for your specific setup. Tends to include dynamic EQ, bandwidth/excursion limiting [tied in with sense lines], and a host of other stuff that squeezes the most out the cabinets compared to a standard passive. The box itself is pretty unremarkable, its just a nice passive, its the processing finely tuned to the cabinet which is what makes it shine as a product - and it is that time researching and tuning in some of the worlds top facilities you are paying for. So you can make similar, but an outright copy is a challenge indeed.

-------------
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

nothing against designing and building your own version 'along the lines of the PS10' as inspiration.

As has been pointed out, Nexo tends to use their own processing, crossovers, driver cones etc, which are all combined to do they do. This is pretty much impossible to copy unless you can reproduce every single element.

Best you could do, is find very similar drivers, and either design and make your own crossover that works very nicely with the cabinet, or run it active using DSP to emulate the TD controller but for your specific setup. Tends to include dynamic EQ, bandwidth/excursion limiting [tied in with sense lines], and a host of other stuff that squeezes the most out the cabinets compared to a standard passive. The box itself is pretty unremarkable, its just a nice passive, its the processing finely tuned to the cabinet which is what makes it shine as a product - and it is that time researching and tuning in some of the worlds top facilities you are paying for. So you can make similar, but an outright copy is a challenge indeed.

Thanks mate.. That does make perfect sense. It actually IS the challenge that kind of excited me to be honest - I know I wouldn't replicate it precisely - but even something close would be superb, in my opinion, which would validate the effort. Thanks again for the articulate response.

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:22pm
Copy the logic boxes instead :D

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Copy the logic boxes instead :D

What are Logic boxes mate?!

Posted By: Andy Kos
Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:38pm
Some manufacturers will spend thousands on R&D to develop what they believe is the 'perfect' product. It makes sense that they will protect this as much as possible by any of the following

a. not letting anyone know what parts they use
b. getting a custom version (slightly tweaked) version of an existing product, thereby not making it off the shelf.
c. adding features that are hard/impossible to copy without spending silly money.

If I had put that amount of time and effort into making a special product, I would protect the information as much as I could.

If it were easy to copy a PS10/PS15 and get it to sound exactly the same with virtually no effort, there would be loads of box builders all over the UK doing just that and knocking them out at less than half the price of a Nexo.

I actually get quite a lot out of designing my own boxes and doing my own thing, and doing it my way,  not financially, just from the point of view of personal satisfaction.. a kind of 'I did that' type of thing

-------------
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Andy Kos Andy Kos wrote:

If it were easy to copy a PS10/PS15 and get it to sound exactly the same with virtually no effort, there would be loads of box builders all over the UK doing just that and knocking them out at less than half the price of a Nexo.

I actually get quite a lot out of designing my own boxes and doing my own thing, and doing it my way,  not financially, just from the point of view of personal satisfaction.. a kind of 'I did that' type of thing

Yes - of course. I'd enjoy the Nexo copy challenge though, for reasons you've mentioned - would just be fun. But 'copy the logic boxes instead' - I have no idea what that means?

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:00pm
Logic is another brand.

I would suggest the best way to go about it is to use an existing box as inspiration, and then do your own version of it.

Direct copying is often frowned upon.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:14pm

Direct copying is often frowned upon.

Lol. Exactly the reason I came to this vast knowledge-base of frowning..! Thanks Andy.. pleased you might think I'm actually skilled enough to rip off a Nexo box. Hug

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:20pm
I dont think anyone would be willing to confirm all of the drivers listed are correct, I happen to know some are, but Im not in the business of divulging this.

B&C make some VERY good drivers, if you buy some of those B&C drivers, and put them in a box, and then play around with EQ and an active crossover to get the sound you like you will find:

a. you will learn something
b. you will be pleased with your success when you get it to sound how YOU like it to

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2016 at 9:22pm

I dont think anyone would be willing to confirm all of the drivers listed are correct, I happen to know some are, but Im not in the business of divulging this.

B&C make some VERY good drivers, if you buy some of those B&C drivers, and put them in a box, and then play around with EQ and an active crossover to get the sound you like you will find:

a. you will learn something
b. you will be pleased with your success when you get it to sound how YOU like it to

Cheers mate. Appreciated.

Posted By: Battered
Date Posted: 17 March 2016 at 12:36am

As you can see, I infringed on a copyright and built myself a steaming turd. I believe I captured perfectly the 'Norfolk Red' in all its glory..............

-------------
Touching cloth at 200 mph

Date Posted: 17 March 2016 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Battered Battered wrote:

As you can see, I infringed on a copyright and built myself a steaming turd. I believe I captured perfectly the 'Norfolk Red' in all its glory..............

No copyright infringement there mate - looks like an original - built fresh too..

Posted By: Battered
Date Posted: 17 March 2016 at 1:37am
Originally posted by StuMur StuMur wrote:

No copyright infringement there mate - looks like an original - built fresh too..

pmsl

This was my inspiration, the hallowed 'Norfolk Red'...............from the 'SoundLAB Shitter' range.

Believe me, it looks far better than it sounds. Make of that what you will. Dead

-------------
Touching cloth at 200 mph

Date Posted: 17 March 2016 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Battered Battered wrote:

This was my inspiration, the hallowed 'Norfolk Red'...............from the 'SoundLAB Shitter' range. Believe me, it looks far better than it sounds. Make of that what you will. Dead

Don't worry mate - my opinion of you remains steadfastly unchanged from your first post.. ;-)

Posted By: stamatis34
Date Posted: 11 April 2019 at 10:49pm
For the Nexo Ps15, Ps15 bass,Alpha B1 the correct driver is the PHL B38-6030 & 6090!
The reason is that the voice coil is 4 inch and not 3 inch! nominal power for all are 1000-1200w and not 500w
Also if you calculate the 5021 94db & 500w you will end up really far from the spl nexo is presenting (134 for ps 15 and 140 for the hornload B1 +6db peak)
I own those cabins and i have performed reconing to them
Thanks

Posted By: Digbethdave
Date Posted: 11 April 2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by stamatis34 stamatis34 wrote:

For the Nexo Ps15, Ps15 bass,Alpha B1 the correct driver is the PHL B38-6030 & 6090!
The reason is that the voice coil is 4 inch and not 3 inch! nominal power for all are 1000-1200w and not 500w
Also if you calculate the 5021 94db & 500w you will end up really far from the spl nexo is presenting (134 for ps 15 and 140 for the hornload B1 +6db peak)
I own those cabins and i have performed reconing to them
Thanks

Late to the party, expecting beers.

Date Posted: 12 April 2019 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Late to the party, expecting beers.
Gold.

Posted By: Mircea Bartic
Date Posted: 12 April 2019 at 8:25am
I can tell you for sure that Nexo PS10 R2 (the new model) have
 a OEM version of B&C 10NW76-8 woofer
Different suspension and added Copper shorting ring (and dual bonded spider)
regular 10NW76 has none of them.

it is not a regular off the shelf unit
I've reconed a few of those last year

-------------
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3

Date Posted: 12 April 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

I can tell you for sure that Nexo PS10 R2 (the new model) have
 a OEM version of B&C 10NW76-8 woofer
Different suspension and added Copper shorting ring (and dual bonded spider)
regular 10NW76 has none of them.

it is not a regular off the shelf unit
I've reconed a few of those last year

What about Nexo's PS8 boxes.. I have four, with the original HPA12ND 8" drivers in them, and I replaced two of them recently with B&C 8NDL51 neodymium woofers, as they were as close as I could find, and were cheap compared to branded Nexo ones. The two new ones sound much better than the original Nexo components, to my ears anyway - spectacular. I wonder if these new 8NDL51's are exactly the same speaker minus the Nexo sticker, and sound great just because they're brand new?

Posted By: Mircea Bartic
Date Posted: 12 April 2019 at 10:50am
I'm pretty sure they are different. All nexo components I've come across had some differences from the off the shelf units.

Will they work? yes
Will they measure the same? No

Depending on the client it might not mater.

-------------
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3

Date Posted: 12 April 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are different. All nexo components I've come across had some differences from the off the shelf units.
Will they work? yes
Will they measure the same? No
Depending on the client it might not matter.
Yes, agreed, there must be something different. They look identical, but have different serial numbers on them - God knows what might be different in spec. I bought two new ones for US$200 delivered, as opposed to much more than that if I'd bought the original items from Nexo. In my non-mission critical situation of running a double PS8 rig with subs for a Shania tribute show in arts centres, they work brilliantly - as well as the originals, and at full volume I'm flat out telling the difference, so happy days for 200 bucks! :-)

Posted By: SamV
Date Posted: 15 April 2019 at 7:12am
Do note that if you do use different drivers, the active processing and protection may not operate the same.

Posted By: csg
Date Posted: 15 April 2019 at 8:27am
it will also wipe out the re-sale value that the brand holds

-------------
fsl.online

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net