Forum Description: Talk about speaker box with other sounds here
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=93066
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 12:32pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Saxon & Luv Injection
Posted By: championdrei
Subject: Saxon & Luv Injection
Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:06pm
Anyone going to the dance on 12th September in elephant & castle I think can't find the flyer at the moment.

Who will win the clash to you?
To me saxon have a load of dub which can ram dance but their set isn't saying nothing to me they can't go play luv injection with the set they have... they'll get park up. Their b line missing and their set just sounds noisy.
Went to a dance the other day saxon and shocking studio were playing and saxon didn't sound impressive at all.

I think luv injection will give them worries set wise and music wise.

What do you all think?

-------------
respect

Replies:
Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:35pm
Better to have plenty of music, even if set not all that..

Right phone call to couple of South or West London man, and they could hire heavy & crystal set for the night..

However 'Injection might rail them for that, on the mic.LOL

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Posted By: Gee136
Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:41pm
Two lengendary Machines, unfortunetly for Saxon, Luv Injection has got the far superior machine because Luv Injection has kept up with the audio tech, but both machines has got 30 years of tune & BIG "anthems" to deliver, so anything can happen Clap

The History is too BIG to miss for any sound machine fans..........

Remember 1992 Hansworth Leisure Centre, also Bilston 1994, Wembley 2008 & now Coronet 2015 Clap 

General salute to both camps  Clap

-------------
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:43pm
I hear what you all are saying but from what I hear luv injection have a wicked set and selection so I'm thinking there's gonna be pure worries in that dance

Also to me the set comes first before dub you can have nuff special or whatever but if the set don't sound good for the dub to play on then there's no point playing it imagine your playing your dub then the next sound just come in with weight line and ting you can't hear the dub again     you get my point? Sound have to lock off they get drown out

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:52pm
To be honest, yes, Big time sound, should have big tunes, and set to deliver them properly.

I'm just saying, is easier to hire tough set for one night, than to own tough set, and lacking tunes.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:55pm
Yes I fully understand what you sayin championdrei, I'm the same the machines must be on point, BUT this session is what they say "Nuh Narmal" the fans of  both camps are "DIE HARD" core!!! once a BIG anthem drop, then anything is anything Thumbs Up

Respect..........Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:57pm
True, I heard saxon play some BIG tune the other day so we'll have to see what happens

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

To be honest, yes, Big time sound, should have big tunes, and set to deliver them properly.

I'm just saying, is easier to hire tough set for one night, than to own tough set, and lacking tunes.LOL

True True iyah, but the DIE HARD fans wouldn't have it no other way................Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:07pm
The Venue: The Coronet Theater 28 New Kent Road, London, SE1 6TJ, United Kingdom

Friday 18th September
10pm-4am
Tickets: £20
Found the flyer...

-------------
respect

Posted By: wiz247
Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:07pm
Hey Championdrei, don't go on the 12th or you'll find you'll be the only one in the place waiting for them to turn up inna them truck....Embarrassed. I can confirm it is on Friday 18th of Sept. 
Friday driving home, and only by a split chance I saw the poster on a wall in West Norwood, otherwise I was oblivious that this dance was even in the pipeline. 
When I arrived home, looked it up on the net, and found that it's confirmed and legit and grabbed a ticket. It seems this dance has been long awaiting, two giants ina one arena. 

I have to agree, Saxon's pretty set let them down, and Brixton dance with King Tubbys can testify that, they were lucky to get it sorted at the last hour and a half or the crowd wouldn't have redeem them because people were getting pissed off!
Every time I've heared Luv Injection their set is on point, and Corporal Billy cracks me up alongside Levi(Saxon), & Champion(Jamdown Rockers) these must be the cheekiest muthaf**kers to ever hold a mic. But Allen Brando is a good defender for Saxon and will hold up their corner.
Saxon's dub box is very deep with a lot of history, they can kill a sound just with oldies alone, they've got some high calibre sh!t from years, with a few artist that are no longer with us. 
Luv Injection got some tunes as well, but I personally wouldn't say it's off the same calibre. 
Until recent, apart from Nottinghill Carnival, Saxon was off the scene for a long time and I think a lot of time passed, and the landscape has changed since they resurfaced in the dancehall arena again. This is where Injection have the heads-up. Although they've been around a long time also, they play in a more contemporary style in comparison and think this what the crowd will warm to more;
I won't hedge my bet yet, I believe this could go either way, it won't be a walk in the park for either camp. But for sure this dance will cause some hurt feelings... LOL

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:11pm
Respect wiz and I agree with what you're saying
Hurt feelings indeed

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 22 August 2015 at 1:19pm

Right phone call to couple of South or West London man, and they could hire heavy & crystal set for the night..

However 'Injection might rail them for that, on the mic.LOL
Yep they would, The Corporal don't take back no chat!!...LOL

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 23 August 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by championdrei championdrei wrote:

Anyone going to the dance on 12th September in elephant & castle I think can't find the flyer at the moment. 

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Date Posted: 23 August 2015 at 10:40am

Really!

luv injection have a wicked set and selection so I'm thinking there's gonna be pure worries in that dance  
 Thumbs Up

Also to me the set comes first before dub 
 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

you can have nuff special or whatever but if the set don't sound good for the dub to play on then there's no point playing it imagine your playing your dub then the next sound just come in with weight line and ting you can't hear the dub again     you get my point? Sound have to lock off they get drown out

Clap Clap Clap Clap

Nuff big soundman don't/never hire sound system.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 23 August 2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Really!

Tek, you know when it comes to Dub systems, some of us only impressed if round heavy weightline, strong low mids, strong mic, and sizzle chipping.,

But get the feeling, when it comes to dancehall clash, people place more emphasis on tunes, specials forwards, mic man.

-------------

Posted By: mrmck
Date Posted: 13 September 2015 at 9:29am
Onelove festival audio

http://forum.dancehallreggae.com/showthread.php/258624-OneLove-festival-2015-Fatman-vs-Foundation-Sound-vs-King-Tubbys
Something to get you in the mood for Friday, link may need fixing, bless

Posted By: paulus
Date Posted: 13 September 2015 at 10:27am
Will be interesting for sure , luv injections sound is very nice clean and heavy and correctly processed , Saxons is pretty much thrown together ,with cancelation being the key word, last time they came to brum they get murdered :( but as stated tune wise they are killa

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 13 September 2015 at 4:03pm
PLEASE REMEMBER NO I.D. NO ENTRY YOUVE BEEN WARNED 

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Posted By: bass*en*mass
Date Posted: 13 September 2015 at 5:30pm
is that a licensing thing in UK due to violence/crime in venues?
(are the i.d.s scanned and saved or just for proof of age)

Date Posted: 13 September 2015 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

(are the i.d.s scanned and saved or just for proof of age)

+1 ?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 September 2015 at 6:24pm
It's good that Tre4u2nv mention the ID policy, for when I last went to the venue, I just so happen to have my license in my wallet, to which I don't usually do, so was lucky I didn't get turned away.
I recall they putting the id on a machine, so I assume it is scanned.

Posted By: bass*en*mass
Date Posted: 14 September 2015 at 6:30pm
digital ID?

Posted By: fat_brstd
Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 11:33am
So tonight is the night, seen nuff hype about this dance from the other side of globe, hope someone will let us know who a get lock off.

-------------
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

http://www.facebook.com/adrians.wall" rel="nofollow - facebook page

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 11:57am
Lots of hype indeed,would imagine injection will roll up with 24 bins , 4 stacks 6 horn loaded

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

Lots of hype indeed,would imagine injection will roll up with 24 bins , 4 stacks 6 horn loaded

How many people does venue hold?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 12:18pm

I've heard 2,500 being banded around, not sure if that true though.

-------------
Roots - Dub - Steppers

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

I've heard 2,500 being banded around, not sure if that true though.

24x subs to cover 2,500 people... Hmmmm...

-------------

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 2:24pm
Pre dance interview with both Luv Injection & Saxon on BBC 1Xtra - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p032shls" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p032shls

-------------
Roots - Dub - Steppers

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 3:55pm

If it sound propa, no problem.

Remember say 18 subs were used @ Brixton splash and it sounded wicked. Everyone were, and still talking bout it, so it don't matter.

This one ain't no joke dance, so man has to come out wid da full functioning machine. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTVW2z0fkE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTVW2z0fkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaEbr6vS5U" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaEbr6vS5U

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 4:08pm
Injection always do stack 6 scoop horn loaded, 2 double15 reflex and mid highs, just a question of how many stack they bring
This one Saxon stack , unsure how many will bring
http://postimg.org/image/oj6lqgpln/" rel="nofollow">

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 4:53pm
If they come with that stack then they're going to get kill with quality heard the stack last month 4 scoop didn't sound good at all

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 8:42pm

If it sound propa, no problem.

Remember say 18 subs were used @ Brixton splash and it sounded wicked. Everyone were, and still talking bout it, so it don't matter.

This one ain't no joke dance, so man has to come out wid da full functioning machine. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTVW2z0fkE" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTVW2z0fkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaEbr6vS5U" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgaEbr6vS5U

Excellent interview. Looking forward to the dance tonight!!
Boom shaka lacka!!Clap

Posted By: Sheggy
Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 9:22pm

This one ain't no joke dance, so man has to come out wid da full functioning machine. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif"

Mr Tek a tell U so, full report please.

Posted By: bee
Date Posted: 18 September 2015 at 11:10pm
rumour is tippa audio supplying extra boxes to one of the sounds.... Unconfirmed....

-------------
https://www.elements-audio.com

Posted By: kr1sounds
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 1:39am
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

rumour is tippa audio supplying extra boxes to one of the sounds.... Unconfirmed....

facebook saying it's confirmed.....

-------------
I MAN SERVE SELASSIE CONTINUALLY... NO MATTER WHAT THE WEAK HEART SAY

fostonshfs.webs.com

Posted By: kr1sounds
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 1:40am
i hear/see saxon lock off 'their sound'......

-------------
I MAN SERVE SELASSIE CONTINUALLY... NO MATTER WHAT THE WEAK HEART SAY

fostonshfs.webs.com

Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 8:42am
Lots of people saying Saxon borrow heap of powersoft,but injection still mash them up,can any one confirm how many stacks etc each sound have

-------------
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM

Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 11:29am
I heard Saxon get lock off, need some info on the result, surely someone reached the session

-------------
Roots - Dub - Steppers

Posted By: bee
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 11:38am
no one got locked off, phoned a friend who was there, he left 15 mins from end....

a lot of people left early, as it was very disappointing, (so im told)....

-------------
https://www.elements-audio.com

Posted By: WORD
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 2:24pm
Just my opinion.
I started to write some info on the dance then thought sod this, all i will say is Luv Injection played a custom special saying Saxon should bring back Trevor Sax as Alan Brando was not up to the job and i must say that dub was correct. Saxon must have a bag of dubs with Trevor Sax's name that they wont or cant play.
Alan Brando's  style of juggling brings me back to to the dark days of sound system clash's in the mid to late 80's when mc's would bring out the worst in each other, yes a clash is a clash however no order was set and all i could see is Brando trying to draw out Billy in an all out slanging match.Censored
I wanted to hear tune fe tune, one fe one, dub fe dub.

If some fool decides to put on a pt2 in Birmingham i will be the first to say i am not interested.Thumbs Down

Big up Luv Injection nice sound check when you dropped Prophecy i think Jah Tubby's and King Earthquake would have been impressed, Clapyou came into Saxon back yard and held your own and i was not surprised by the amount of boo's Saxon got near the end of the dance. Got a call from a friend who said he was reading some chat on the internet with nuff people saying Saxon won........................

-------------
Entertainment should be a form of Enjoyment

Posted By: chamron
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 3:45pm
First of all I would like to big up Mathew from Saxon sound for making the machine sound the best I have heard it in years. (Who ever boxes you used must have been impressed as I have seen that sound out before and never heard them that heavy)

The dance to me was wicked now that I have had a sleep and time to reflect a bit slow at some points but luv injection has now got to be crowned UK number 1. Big up family, they total teach and beat Saxon

Luv injection light the fire in the early round when Zookie said that Luv injection was all there’s. Then Saxon and Alan Brando (Skip) play there anthems got a few forwards but after that it was all luv injection.  Mini muscle or Mickey bops seems to have learned nothing from Trevor Sax and should stick to playing local sounds for now.

The place was packed full and both sets cover it well but sorry luv injection took that one as well.

-------------
Sound System for Life...

Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by WORD WORD wrote:

Just my opinion.
I started to write some info on the dance then thought sod this, all i will say is Luv Injection played a custom special saying Saxon should bring back Trevor Sax as Alan Brando was not up to the job and i must say that dub was correct. Saxon must have a bag of dubs with Trevor Sax's name that they wont or cant play.
Alan Brando's  style of juggling brings me back to to the dark days of sound system clash's in the mid to late 80's when mc's would bring out the worst in each other, yes a clash is a clash however no order was set and all i could see is Brando trying to draw out Billy in an all out slanging match.Censored
I wanted to hear tune fe tune, one fe one, dub fe dub.

If some fool decides to put on a pt2 in Birmingham i will be the first to say i am not interested.Thumbs Down

Big up Luv Injection nice sound check when you dropped Prophecy i think Jah Tubby's and King Earthquake would have been impressed, Clapyou came into Saxon back yard and held your own and i was not surprised by the amount of boo's Saxon got near the end of the dance. Got a call from a friend who said he was reading some chat on the internet with nuff people saying Saxon won........................

This is the f**king truth!! 

Posted By: RiddimKid
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 6:32pm
Saxon got beat up in everyway!!!

From they borrow a next man sound system they lose! They try put their old crusty set at the back to try style it out lol

Luv Injection's sound is ridculous. 24 scoops tore down that venue wid ease even when half the sound bruck down after the power cut

That prophecy bassline is still haunting me now lol

Posted By: RealitySound
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 8:36pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJowsBFu1g0" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJowsBFu1g0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EiTsuTrW2I" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EiTsuTrW2I

-------------
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?

Posted By: dashaudio
Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 10:23pm
Those were brendans boxes that saxon used mikies wattco scoops and powersofts. Luv injectons set was a madness I
was outside when I heard prohicy I ran in to catch that tune bass was crazy

Date Posted: 20 September 2015 at 7:53pm
When I arrived there just after 10:00 I couldn’t believe the queue outside the venue, it’s the longest I’ve ever seen for that place, so already dance cork before door open. The wait to get in was over an hour, however people seem to be in good spirits and kept good order. As time went past the hour, some people were huffing, puffing and blowing and was beginning to think somebody might just snap and rush the joint and then all hell will break loose, but it was all good and security done a good job maintaining the line.

Once inside the first thing I did was a slick move and get to the front of the bar for a juice, because I can see a long wait ahead to get served later, so get it out the way so I can hold a space beside one speaker box and see how this event will unfold. *sigh*

On listening, Saxon’s set sounded at its best since a long time, ok they hired or like in “who wants to be a millionaire” phoned a friend for some additional equipment, and got railed for it. Big deal, that’s what your brethren are for…lol!! It was still fundamentally Saxon Sound with them ugly metal trimmed boxes and the amp case flashing like a minicab office sign. I was just happy they had adequate power for that huge place.  Luv Injection, I didn’t expect anything less, their set sounded tight as usual, no stress!!

My 2 cents!

However! As far as I’m concerned, and my opinion only, there were no winners! This dance became a shambolic mess, a missed opportunity to be the dance of the year. It was bought into disrepute by (kid) Brando and a few juveniles in the peanut gallery crying out for war! war! war!  GTFOHWTBS!! If man dem want war, go pick up a f**king gun and go help the people inna Syria eeeediot!!  It became one big sausage fest with man with dem two hand inna them pocket a watch two microphone fiend hollering and cussing down each other, like they running a likkle  sound, pure negativity and bad vibe!! I expect this sh!te from your Mattehorn, Mighty Crown, Fire Links and all that bashment sheggery!

I see Saxon and Luv Injection as big man sound, what go on Friday, needn’t go there. They’ve both been there, done that, wore the T-Shirt, have the cups, trophies, medals, stripes and accolades from the people far and wide over years, it is set in sound-system history hands down!

It’s inevitable these first division sounds will clash, they’re maintaining their reputations, but they are at a stage where they can do it on a better level. Both have music like rain, both have charismatic man in them crew to hold down microphone. Tune fi tune, jokes and banter is the only entertainment that is needed.

Every crew has a right to defend their sound musically, verbally, sonically, but this sole soundbwoy killa mentality is tiresome, killing the dances and keeping the balance of grown women away.

Personally I wouldn’t even entertain a second round, rematch or call it what you will.

Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 12:45am
"Somebody in here has hired boxes" LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 7:48am
What would of made the dance better is if sounds were still doing the mc thing. When tune play, version after. VIBES!. that's what's missing in sound business nowadays that back in the days had. Sound mam on the mic chatting his lyric cussing off the next sound or telling a story. That's what made dances more interesting. Not just man on the mic talking this and that if you understand what I mean.

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 7:51am
Wanna hear some Mic Man... papa levi, sandman can't remember if he's saxon but you get my point.

-------------
respect

Date Posted: 21 September 2015 at 8:16am

What would of made the dance better is if sounds were still doing the mc thing. When tune play, version after. VIBES!. that's what's missing in sound business nowadays that back in the days had. Sound mam on the mic chatting his lyric cussing off the next sound or telling a story. That's what made dances more interesting. Not just man on the mic talking this and that if you understand what I mean.
Bingo Champiodrei!
 If an MC dare pic up the microphone he/she best had their A-game lyrically, have character, wit, charm and intelligence, to win over the crowd or if they went toe to toe to bury an opposing MC. 
The big sound them need to open the mic, for up and coming artists to showcase their talent again. Nuff singers and MC hone their skills in the dancehall before putting material on street. 
Over the last few years you got these Tarzans hogging the mic beating their gums, chest and pacing up and down stage yapping sh!t like dem a the don dadda taking this sound ting to the pits! 

Date Posted: 01 October 2015 at 6:56pm

"Somebody in here has hired boxes" LOL

Real MACHINE @ work not no party "ting"

Blessed

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net