Print Page | Close Window

Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Amp Forum
Forum Description: The 'Stopping Jake Fielder moaning constantly' forum description...
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=97738
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 7:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5
Posted By: IainB
Subject: Budget amps - part3, 4.... 5
Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 8:51pm
Long time lurker, first time poster

I know this has been posted many many a time (hence the 3, 4, 5 comment) but im attempting to put together a small system (currently 2 pairs of Ohm RW3, pair of of old EV 15" bins and a pair of Dare DC600s driven off a Matrix UKP1300, Warrior EP1000 and some dodgy heavy old beast (really must post pics next time I have it apart)... see total hotch potch but it what im trying to make the most of at the minute)
Whilst purchasing some connectors and cabling earlier I stumbled over the Pulse APB range and wondered if anyone had a) ever heard of them and b) had one apart?
Im assuming its own brand like the TA2400 but the one Ive found is priced a LOT less than everyone else is selling for and im wondering if its worth a punt 'just to see'. The idea to put it on DC600 duty as these dont go out very often

Replies:
Posted By: nickyburnell
Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 9:25pm
Don't know about these but first ones had reliability issues, there is a thread on here somewhere.
£300 for 1350 a side (maybe). Secondhand is your friend, 300 Peavey 4000 on FB site, £350 for Miltecs on eBay, £200 for RMX 2450 etc..   

-------------
It's everything, not everythink!

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Don't know about these but first ones had reliability issues, there is a thread on here somewhere.
£300 for 1350 a side (maybe). Secondhand is your friend, 300 Peavey 4000 on FB site, £350 for Miltecs on eBay, £200 for RMX 2450 etc..   

Have been mussing over a C-Audio SR707 only prompted posting on here as this is my first point of call for anything amp related (hence lots of lurking!) and having received a catalogue from the company in question I can get one for £126 shipped!
Will have search to see if I can find the thread you mention  

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:04pm
Which model for 126 quid?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 10:23pm
Its the APB2700, so supposedly:

Output Per Ch. @ 2Ω (RMS): 1800W
Output Per Ch. @ 4Ω (RMS): 1350W
Output Per Ch. @ 8Ω (RMS): 800W
Output Bridged @ 4Ω (RMS): 2900W
Output Bridged @ 8Ω (RMS): 2300W

Which I would take with a pinch of salt... but tempting!

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:03pm
That's a meal out for 4. Go for it, take the lid off and let's see

-------------

Posted By: mini-mad
Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:50am
even at 10% THD it's a good shout. it would be worth a punt and give us all a butchers at the guts of it. and if you don't like it im pretty sure you can easily make that back selling it second hand.

-------------
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.

Posted By: levyte357-
Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 1:26am
Seen INUKE 6000 advertised for £180 on FB/Gumtree, will flatten EP1000 anyday of the week.

-------------
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Posted By: hi grade
Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 3:15am
Just got 2 of Marvin branded heavyweight amps the tone and power is unbelievable ask ballistic in my opinion better than an infinate 8. I've had 1 on install in light clip since may with no problems was keeping it secret till I got my batch I think everybody down South is doing the same I would strongly recommend you demo 1 also I have some lab gruppen basses pascal 14k amps that piss on my k20 and have been doing real damage for around 3 years but there like rocking horse shit right now

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 3:22am
Had bad experience with matrix blowing up on stage and customers shouting your amps are on fire mate come look berringer in a amp I don't like the look and don't think it's quite for me loved my qsc pl9 but sold 2 and replaced with 2 Marvin amps and 2 pascal amps 1 has more power the other has better tone

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 6:19am
Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

Just got 2 of Marvin branded heavyweight amps the tone and power is unbelievable ask ballistic in my opinion better than an infinate 8. I've had 1 on install in light clip since may with no problems was keeping it secret till I got my batch I think everybody down South is doing the same I would strongly recommend you demo 1 also I have some lab gruppen basses pascal 14k amps that piss on my k20 and have been doing real damage for around 3 years but there like rocking horse shit right now

Just mentioned Berry, as OP was being cheap.

Don't think Lab copies will last night, doing 2 ohm, like K20 can.

And pushing PL9 is always "hope it doesn't blow tonight".

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 6:24am
So many crews in London have blown Lab copy "14Ks", trying to do 4/2.66 ohm, it got beyond a joke.

Many went to K20s, don't know if later batches better.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 10:22am
Don't know why you would want to buy a cheep amp and want to do anything under 4ohms the week point is the psu but 12 month warranty and 1 went down Saturday I received a brand new by Monday can't complain about 2 years agoI used 6 pd 1850 on a pl9 for a test 63 amp single phase pl9 kept Chipping out the breaker switched to the pas amp and was clearly louder people are still talking about that day now in Manchester as it completely drowned out 2 well known sounds for around 60 metres away

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 12:26pm
Wouldn't buy lab copy to do 2 ohm, just saying K20 party piece is performance on 2 ohm.

Sounds like you have plenty experience with the lab copies, which is useful.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 1:08pm
Ordered last night, arrived this morning, wasnt expecting that to be fair
OK... its 'cheap' inside (as I would expect, this has cost a meal for 4!) but it is running x9 Toshiba 2SC5200 & Toshiba 2SA1943 per side 
Just sorting out a pic upload and I will update this
I know I am nowhere near anything you guys do, just dabbing my toes in the water to see if I enjoy the experience before throwing money at it

Edit... created this as a link as the pic is quite large https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0 

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 4:27pm
Also my channel 1 have a rack full ain't heard of them breakdown yet and they sound the most hifi out of all the big sounds in my humble option !

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

OK... its 'cheap' inside (as I would expect, this has cost a meal for 4!) but it is running x9 Toshiba 2SC5200 & Toshiba 2SA1943 per side 
I know I am nowhere near anything you guys do, just dabbing my toes in the water to see if I enjoy the experience before throwing money at it

Edit... created this as a link as the pic is quite large https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0 

Cool.  Right, you got yours, where do we get them?Big smile

-------------

Posted By: jbl_man
Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 7:45pm
Yes,ditto what Lev says,cheapest i can find them online is £362?

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:15pm
Its from CPC/Farnell - though they are showing at a higher price now? Need to dig the catalogue out and see if I had a promo link or something.
Im intending to run the Dare DC600s on this @ 8Ohm (Beyma G450 loaded) just need the neighbours to go out so I can see what it sounds like.
Which leads me onto...is there is anyone local to me (welwyn garden city) that I could bring the amp to for more scientific tests, just to see what its capable of?

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:18pm
That is the Farnell price,362 inc VAT.

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:24pm
Dragged the catalogue out... try this DP3350935 Wink

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:42pm
That worked. Ordered one.  Ta.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 8:53pm

That worked. Ordered one.  Ta.

Hmm.... maybe I should get another, just in case... LOL
I wont be using mine properly until the 1st April, really interested in how anyone gets on with these under harder conditions than I can drive with my setup.

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:04pm
There are hundreds of people who use stuff like this weekly. It has warranty and will sell for that price on Gumtree in a years time. Amp forum is a bit like scoop forum, will it do crazy sub into 1500w drivers, no of course it wont. I had a similar experience recently with TWO Quad 1800w install amps, built like a Chinese tank and run cool as ice at 4r bridge on NORMAL PA disco duty, no pre amp etc.
They weigh a ton and cost £180 the pair.  Sheep want lightweights, keep your eyes peeled and more stuff will turn up like this as they get stuck on shelves.

Now what we need please Mr God is a wholesaler with a load of SAE 1450 (or similar) that doesn't know what they are and thinks they are too heavyBig smile

-------------

Posted By: mini-mad
Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:07pm
Web sites down...

-------------
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.

Date Posted: 09 February 2017 at 9:23pm
So it is, ooer, they must be watching. Lets see if I get refunded in the morning...

-------------

Posted By: JBK
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 9:30am

Don't know why you would want to buy a cheep amp and want to do anything under 4ohms the week point is the psu but 12 month warranty and 1 went down Saturday I received a brand new by Monday can't complain about 2 years agoI used 6 pd 1850 on a pl9 for a test 63 amp single phase pl9 kept Chipping out the breaker switched to the pas amp and was clearly louder people are still talking about that day now in Manchester as it completely drowned out 2 well known sounds for around 60 metres away

Please, what is the "pas amp"? brand and model?
are you talking about pascal modules? or the sanway lg copies?
Also, I don't find any info on marvin amplifiers on the net, i just find guitar amps

I understand "proper english" but sometimes "internet english" is just a bit confusing

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 10:09am
Tried it this morning,that catalogue number just says not found. Oh well.

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:20am
Works fine still. Use caps?

-------------

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:50am
works here. looks like a lot of amp for that money! can't go wrong really..

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 1:55pm
17 Sold since my last order LOL
SO tempted to get another to use as backup / spares / drive a set of speakers I havent got yet 

Posted By: APW
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 3:02pm
Every so often CPC do a deal on something that sounds 'too good to be true'.

Years ago I went through a stage of getting loads of smallish outdoor PA work (think school fete type of thing) and needed some small speakers that were mainly for announcements with a little background music; I wanted some that sounded better than your standard PA horn and cheap.

CPC had on their clearance brochure some DAP 10" + 1 for £55.00 per pair, they had a proper comp driver/crossover (not piezo), wooden trapezoid cabinets and sounded Ok. I purchased 4 pairs; they have served me very well paying for themselves many times over.

2 of the pairs were eventually sold on Ebay for more than I paid for them, two got damaged and rendered as spare parts (one fell out of the back of the van, another got dropped from a fair height), the last pair I still have and are still going strong, they will also shortly be going on ebay along the parts from the two damaged ones....

So, all in all I had my monies worth out of the £220 they originally cost me!!

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Every so often CPC do a deal on something that sounds 'too good to be true'.

Normally I dont read the catalogue they send me, this time I flicked through (needed a load of connectors and wiring to sort the lighting rig out) and these caught my eye. Glad that I actually posted rather than lurking and has been said, im sure to get my money back a year or so down the line.
I have now retired my heavy old 'unknown' amp now as having gone through its guts again... its a POS LOL

Posted By: bob4
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 4:14pm
on paper that thing appears to sit exactly between TA2400 and Proline 3000 Powerwise….. Geek

wish I was in the uk, would order one immediately (and get beaten by the wife on delivery… LOL)

Posted By: MattStolton
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 4:14pm
Working again:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350935?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false" rel="nofollow - http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350935?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false

£105 + VAT, £126 inc. 47 left.

Crazy silly price; if it works, amazing value.

-------------
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - http://www.wildingsound.co.uk" rel="nofollow - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 6:25pm
37 and counting…… LOL

Posted By: patryk1305
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 7:04pm
Just ordered two Embarrassed (For now...) 

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

on paper that thing appears to sit exactly between TA2400 and Proline 3000 Powerwise….. Geek

wish I was in the uk, would order one immediately (and get beaten by the wife on delivery… LOL)

Not going to be anywhere close to the Proline, different level

-------------

Posted By: Mark James
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 10:48pm
LOL has this thread suddenly caused a huge spike in the sales of this amp in the space of 24hours? lol
thats like what 10 sold ..... shame im skint or id give them a try on the 186 horns bit down on power for them but hey at less than 35quid to amp each bin i think id live with the 1db difference LOL!
not saying they are actualy that good tho time will tell i guess lolLOL

-------------
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure

Posted By: I-shen Soundboy
Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:16pm
There could well be an equivalent spike in eBay listings in a month or two, but I've just done my bit to free up (reinforced) shelf space in the Farnell warehouse.

Big thanks to the OP for posting.

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

thats like what 10 sold ..... 

The stock was originally sitting at 70 units Tongue so 43 sold

Will dig the codes out for the lower powered ones if anyone is interested 

Date Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:29pm
If they're also going stupid prices, what are you waiting for?

Posted By: midas
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 12:15am
2 heading to cumbria....Hope they are not total poop.

-------------
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 12:43am
some ones going to get to work in the morning and be like "wtf wev sold like 2 in a year now nearly 50 in  just over a day wtf is going on?" lol

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 1:17am
Cracked it:

Pulse APB2100 (600w/8ohm)
Part #: DP3350835
£114
http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350835?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false" rel="nofollow - http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350835?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false

Pulse APB1400 (400w/8ohm)
Part #: DP3350735
£105
http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350735?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false" rel="nofollow - http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/apb2700/power-amplifier-2u-2-x-1350w/dp/DP3350735?ost=DP3350935&selectedCategoryId=&categoryNameResp=All%2BCategories&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false

Plenty for everyone...

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 1:38am
Originally posted by JBK JBK wrote:

Please, what is the "pas amp"? brand and model?
are you talking about pascal modules? or the sanway lg copies?
Also, I don't find any info on marvin amplifiers on the net, i just find guitar amps

I understand "proper english" but sometimes "internet english" is just a bit confusing

message Marvin on here Marvin where are you ?? And yes pascal 14000 is a lab gruppen based amp assembled in the uk with his upgrade I think

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 8:37am
25 in stock…… these are going fast!

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 10:08am
Bet the returns department are off sick next week!

Don't forget the 8r figures, 800w,  well lets say its 700 or so. Plenty for 600w single 18 cab

-------------

Posted By: Earplug
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 11:31am
That sounds too good to be true. I passed the link to a friend in the UK who has ordered 2. I hope they work as expected, or he's going to be a bit pissed off with me.  I suppose that they can't be any worse than an iNuke.   LOL

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 3:27pm
Ordered another. I give up, Chinese blah...

-------------

Posted By: njw
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 4:16pm
 I'm itching to order one just because......!

Thing is I've already got exactly the right amount of amps that I need for the cabs I've got and I've got a thing for having pairs of amps, I wish they'd hurry up and sell out, this place is a bad influence!!LOL

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 4:21pm
so either sp members now own alot of good amps or between you all you own alot of scrap lol time will tell. not too much of a gamble i guess tho lol
@nicky how many is that in total you got now? lol

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 4:26pm
Only two. Distance selling regs, credit card. Gonna rinse its arse when it gets here on 4r bridge, if they survive and the local sheep all run away I'll keep them and run them sensibly at 4 non bridged.  If they thermal then the specs are mis advertised.   Some of this weird stuff does seem to be able to do 2r though, the Quad Industrials I have do, easily, and actually so will a Berry EP if it's not in dub world.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:13pm
this is what im worried about lol the possibility that i might wish that id had money to get 3 while they were on offer lol saying that if they tur out to be worth the punt and the seller can get more and can still offer same price lol altho atm im saving for kam kd3000's or sanway fp10q clones [id prefer the kams tbh lol] but if it was even remotely close that would be a massive saving to be had, in fact enough to use 12 bins instead of 8 and regain any loss by having a bit less power to each driver easily lol doubt its a contender to that though still if it does 2/3 of the advertised specs and stays reliable ish then its probably a winner tbh

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:14pm
Really interested in your findings Nicky (though must admit, thought it would have been in your hands by now).
I need a new amp rack LOL as I wont be able to fit it all in the current 6U one... just totally in case I ordered another from the top and one from the middle, at least (if these are good) my amps will all match now Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:18pm
Didn't order till Fri.  Can point speakers out to fields here so will give it some when here.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:32pm

Edit... created this as a link as the pic is quite large  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0 " rel="nofollow - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay14zwuaxi1497k/APB2700.jpg?dl=0  ;

Could you post a couple more with details?

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Posted By: Dub Specialist Sound
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:32pm
We our worst enemy sometimes 

-------------
Musical Roots Reggae Vibration is Life! for music is sound...sound is vibration...vibration is energy... and energy begets life. Therein lies my passion!...MUSIC IS LIFE...

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Could you post a couple more with details?

Im in the middle of a massive tidy up atm, let me know what you want and I will do my best to sort it later this evening (if you can make it in idiot speak, even better)

Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 6:47pm
The kind of photos you have here:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/amp-internals-2_topic44897.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.speakerplans.com/amp-internals-2_topic44897.html

Smile

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Posted By: midas
Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 3:54am
Ermmmm....only 19 left...lol.

This is a bit like insider traiding....

-------------
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Posted By: jammin75
Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 12:17pm

That sounds too good to be true. I passed the link to a friend in the UK who has ordered 2. I hope they work as expected, or he's going to be a bit pissed off with me.  I suppose that they can't be any worse than an iNuke.   LOL

inuke quarter of the weight and will smoke these LOL

-------------
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 12:24pm

Its the APB2700, so supposedly:

Output Per Ch. @ 2Ω (RMS): 1800W
Output Per Ch. @ 4Ω (RMS): 1350W
Output Per Ch. @ 8Ω (RMS): 800W
Output Bridged @ 4Ω (RMS): 2900W
Output Bridged @ 8Ω (RMS): 2300W

Which I would take with a BIG pinch of salt... but tempting!

for the price super bargain Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:23pm

inuke quarter of the weight and will smoke these

I-nuke 6000 twice the price.
I-nuke 1000 comparable price.

These have 20+kg of toroidal copper, so should be compared to other available transformer amps. Of which there are few anywhere near this price point:

Shipping charges on a personal order toroidal amplifier by UPS from the factory (SAE, Sanway or whomever) would likely cost more than this does purchased and delivered, with purchase and guarantee protection to boot.

Quality is an unknown, but if nickyburnell's forthcoming sheep-bothering experiment reports they're fit-for-purpose, the remaining stocks (19 at time of writing) won't last long.

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:48pm
inuke is cheap enuff already Wink  these pulse for the price new is a super bargain i wud need 2 of them for disco duty i used to carry 2 amps round 50+ kilo got inuke over 2 years back never looked back i will save the weight for the curl bar LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:55pm
Looking at the internals posted previously in this thread, they seem like they could possibly meet the power specs. Even if something goes wrong, it should be easily repaired compared to class D amplifiers. At that sort of price, I didn't think twice before getting my card out LOL

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

inuke is cheap enuff already Wink  these pulse for the price new is a super bargain i wud need 2 of them for disco duty i used to carry 2 amps round 50+ kilo got inuke over 2 years back never looked back i will save the weight for the curl bar LOL

Understand exactly, nowadays I use lightweights & neo if I'm expecting to move it myself, but dumping 50+kg in a rack and getting some keen youngsters to haul it upstairs is long established industry practice.

Compared to the valve monsters I started with, 26kg IS lightweight.

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 3:45pm

135 kg without dsp LOL

Originally posted by patryk1305 patryk1305 wrote:

Looking at the internals posted previously in this thread, they seem like they could possibly meet the power specs. Even if something goes wrong, it should be easily repaired compared to class D amplifiers. At that sort of price, I didn't think twice before getting my card out LOL

my crest clones weigh 35kg mine rated 800 @ 8 ohm 1250 @ 4 ohm trust me they hit their power ratings LOL  that pulse wont be near Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 5:18pm

Even if something goes wrong, it should be easily repaired compared to class D amplifiers. At that sort of price, I didn't think twice before getting my card out LOL

Yes, that would swing it for me as well. iNuke goes wrong, it's most probably for the bin.   Cry

The Pulse looks like it't someway between this - 1k Class G:

And this (CA-18) copy:

In over 10 years of use, the EX-1000 has needed one small repair. The big boys (3 of) have not needed more than an annual clean out. And being slightly  paranoid, when I bought the amps, I also ordered a couple of spare output modules for the EX-3400.

Still in their wrapping, gathering dust:

They have surprised me, but no complaints here. You can't really tell until you try it for yourself.   Smile

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 6:04pm

Even if something goes wrong, it should be easily repaired compared to class D amplifiers. At that sort of price, I didn't think twice before getting my card out LOL

Yes, that would swing it for me as well. iNuke goes wrong, it's most probably for the bin.   Cry

can go in the bin after 3 years use has 3 year warranty cost 90 dollar a year to buy a few hours use its paid for itself for the year its time to move on were not in the 80's or 90's LOL tho the reggae dancehall back then is better than a lot of the modern bizness  Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:18am
"can go in the bin after 3 years use has 3 year warranty cost 90 dollar a year to buy a few hours use its paid for itself for the year its time to move on were not in the 80's or 90's"

Yes, true - but that's really wastefull of (ever declining) resources - and a mindset we should have left behind in the 80's!   Cry

Built in obsolescence and then chucking the stuff in landfill sites isn't helping anyone, even tho' it may have 'paid for itself'. Like the 1000 hour limit they used to build into lightbulbs in order to keep shifting units. In the end it's the consumer that actually loses.   Ouch

-------------
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Posted By: COTN
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 11:13am
Everything about this Pulse APB2700 is looking like it's the exact same build as Stanton A.2800, Cerwin Vega cv2800 and HPA A3200.

The Specs is very similar and all the switsches and design is almost identical.

I have a Stanton A.2800 witch now is broken but it ran perfectly for over 9 years. It packed a real punch and i'm not surprised if it delivered what the specs said it would.

If i lived in the U.K i wouldn't hesitate to order a pair of them. 

Here is a link to the Amp internals thread that shows of the different models.
http://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44897&KW=cotn&PID=973766&title=amp-internals-2#973766" rel="nofollow - http://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44897&KW=cotn&PID=973766&title=amp-internals-2#973766

Posted By: Aurora
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 12:28pm
Bought one, the internals look solid enough, 26kg is one hefty piece of amp in a 2U case, already have enough amps for my rig, but at that price hard to resist, could use it as a spare.

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 1:09pm
My other 2 just arrived... forgot the other half was working splits today so she was home when the delivery driver arrived Embarrassed
Apologies for the lack of additional internal pics, the clear up resulted in the V70 being full of rubbish to go to the tip!
Interested in how others get on with these (I wont unbox the 2 new ones until results are in)

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 3:00pm
lol whoops bet she was pleased :p
so now the sp forum has a small army of the damn things lol
hopefuly in a few weeks we will know if they are actualy any
good and if they can take any kind of abuse
wonder if they will get any more in when they sell out lol

-------------

Posted By: Aurora
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 4:24pm
Down to 10 left...was 18 when I ordered this morning.

Posted By: imageoven
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 4:46pm
Does the APB2700 have a 10A IEC inlet?

-------------
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 5:46pm
Just got two of mine today, ordered 3 more just now Embarrassed

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 5:50pm
bought 3 :)

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 5:52pm
That's strange, I ordered 3 when there was 4 left, and there still is 4 left LOL Someone is going to miss out.

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 6:14pm
The next models down are cool too.

Got a blimmin cold now, so sheep bothering might have to wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 6:43pm
Here are some pictures:

https://postimg.org/image/j3xxd4ie9/" rel="nofollow">
Looks surprisingly well made for the price!

https://postimg.org/image/waryqe3hd/" rel="nofollow">
Probably not genuine but who cares Embarrassed

https://postimg.org/image/jyp2cwfmp/" rel="nofollow">
Chinese spell check

https://postimg.org/image/ubbcyz95t/" rel="nofollow">
Thanks for letting me know AFTER I have opened it up LOL

https://postimg.org/image/j1in4144h/" rel="nofollow">
Fake 2SC5200 Transistors

All in all seems like a decent amplifier for the price I got it for! Tried it out for a bit today and I was pretty surprised with the output so definitely a good deal!Clap

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:00pm
does it look like something that could be modded/upgraded slightly to improve reliability?
shame they are all gone lol can see a potential classic lol

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:09pm
theres one left now apparantly LOL 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:12pm
Here's a question?  "Fake transistors and caps" .  Do Berry and Thomann do this?

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:13pm
my order got cancelled as i used a different delivery address than my billing address and it was a first order. not allowed apparently. but now there's only 1 left and i needed 3 :S

are they deffo questionable transistors then?

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:20pm
Who knows, just a comment above. Lets not forget it was priced at 300+ in reality, so firmly in TA2400 territory

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Does the APB2700 have a 10A IEC inlet?

Yes, and a 15a glass cartridge fuse on the back for emergency repairs mid-gig.

All gone now though

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:49pm

Who knows, just a comment above. Lets not forget it was priced at 300+ in reality, so firmly in TA2400 territory

Compared to my C-mark 2650 (which is near identical to ta2400) it has more grunt. It also has more transistors so I believe it could potentially be aboe to do 2ohm duty. Time will tell I suppose!

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:49pm
I have one here, another arriving tomorrow. TBH only bought for fun, if anybody really needs them and want's to give me £20 or so profit on the pair (total) and you can send your own courier (have shop to leave them) I'll let them go. You can have my receipts. No Paypal. I've been on here long enough to trust bank transfer :)

EDIT> KEEPING THEM NOW

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:52pm
did anyone in free party land get a couple preferably more of these? lol i can think of a good testout for them involving them being plugged into my bass horns .... lol [and no not ragged i rather like my drivers "unsodomized"] if they had 3 we could even test the 2ohm ability but bunging all 4 of my low mids on one of the channels and let the other 5 do 2 bins each.... [mostly a joke btw]

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:52pm

I have one here, another arriving tomorrow. TBH only bought for fun, if anybody really needs them and want's to give me £20 or so profit on the pair (total) and you can send your own courier (have shop to leave them) I'll let them go. You can have my receipts. No Paypal. I've been on here long enough to trust bank transfer :)

They cost me 129.59  delivered next day 

Did you find something you didn't like about it or just bought them to sell them on?

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:58pm
i think he just bought them to see what they were like and now people are saying they missed out and wanted more hes thinking he might as well let them go to a home that needs them more than he does [hopefully after hes found out if they were any good... curiosity and all that lol]

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:04pm
I just mess around with PA nowadays. I have not found anything I did not like about them as I ain't even turned one on. I CERTAINLY would not go to the trouble of buying two 25kg amps to make £10 on each of them!!!
 There were people saying they wanted more, it was a genuine offer and 20 quid is fair for me dropping them off and doing labels AND covers me if credit card (always use for Int sales) goes over to next date before I pay it.

I have no problem keeping them

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:30pm
Totally fair to pile in and grab as many as you can afford as there was no guarantee CPC Farnell wouldn't pull what was an outstanding deal first thing Monday.

As it turns out, it ran until stock was exhausted (although the 2100 and 1400 are still available for peanuts).

I imagine most purchasers on this forum took the opportunity to stash a spare amp under the bed as well as buying one to play with, knowing it could be offloaded at a future date without penalty, even if it turns out to be a turd.

Who's bought the most then?   

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by I-shen Soundboy I-shen Soundboy wrote:

Totally fair to pile in and grab as many as you can afford as there was no guarantee CPC Farnell wouldn't pull what was an outstanding deal first thing Monday.

As it turns out, it ran until stock was exhausted (although the 2100 and 1400 are still available for peanuts).

I imagine most purchasers on this forum took the opportunity to stash a spare amp under the bed as well as buying one to play with, knowing it could be offloaded at a future date without penalty, even if it turns out to be a turd.

Who's bought the most then?   

Got 2 delivered today, 3 more on the way

Posted By: imageoven
Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:38pm

Sale prices are reality too I doubt they sold many if any with the pulse branding on them.

-------------
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Sale prices are reality too I doubt they sold many if any with the pulse branding on them.

I know of a  "Disco Shop" that bought loads of the old 2400's at top dollar.  Some people don't do the research

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 9:19pm

https://postimg.org/image/waryqe3hd/" rel="nofollow">
Probably not genuine but who cares Embarrassed

Definitely not; Rubycon haven't made the USP series in eighteen years, and never at 105°. I believe this is Chinese for quality capacitor, on the grounds all 8 made it half way around the world without bursting...

Date Posted: 13 February 2017 at 9:25pm
Cheap caps remind me of Old Merc CDi injector seals. Take the plastic off the top of the engine and chuck it away. Have a peek once a month to see if any leakage before it gets bad. LOL

Wonder how much real ones are?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net