Print Page | Close Window

Pd2150/2151 in BR bins

Printed From: Speakerplans.com
Category: Plans
Forum Name: New Projects Forum
Forum Description: Forum for new speakerplans projects, in memory of Tony Wilkes, 1953 - 2014
URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=97769
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 5:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pd2150/2151 in BR bins
Posted By: Father-Francis
Subject: Pd2150/2151 in BR bins
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 7:31pm
This is in someone else's topic so I thought,I'd move it here ,

Prototype am making in MDF , will be testing tomorrow.

-------------
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk

Replies:
Posted By: nickyburnell
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 8:25pm
BOOM!

-------------
It's everything, not everythink!

Posted By: gen0me
Date Posted: 11 February 2017 at 9:29pm
Any simulations? Equations?
Shouldnt they be very nothing and nothing with peak very low? Due to huge motor strength.
Classic br?

Posted By: doller
Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 7:06am
and I thought my workshop was messy. Nice bin.

Posted By: cravings
Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:03am
i think that workshop looks neat...

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

and I thought my workshop was messy. Nice bin.
OMG you call that a mess , i just did the floor and walls , have to let the walls cure before 
hanging stuff up , and in three weeks we have a sound meeting , need to have 4 of these done 
don't think they'l get painted , thu. 
@Genome simulations and equations none done , I want a box to fit under my kicks , that'l will 
do real subs , so trial and error learning . 
they say 
Trial and error is a fundamental method of problem solving. It is characterised by repeated, varied attempts which are continued until success, or until the agent stops trying
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileLOL

-------------
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk

Posted By: doller
Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:31am
First off really it looks like it will do the damage. wish I could have some. I totaly get the workshop thing Half way into a job my space looks just the same. I am happy that I am not alone. sound matters more than paint.

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:35am
Yea... I dont even eat breakfast without simulation. Helps eliminate some of the errors.
Have fun.

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Yea... I dont even eat breakfast without simulation. Helps eliminate some of the errors.
Have fun.

I only worked out the box size with software , the port lengths, looked almost like a scoop, if I tuned the the box down to 27hz , so I've cut the wood to size and will add on piece by piece till I get what I want , I just need 28-30 to 80hz

-------------

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 11:17am
Nice idea
Seems reasonable up to 80Hz. Solves problems with second br resonance.

How do you add more pices? Do you demount some wall?

Date Posted: 12 February 2017 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by gen0me gen0me wrote:

Nice idea
Seems reasonable up to 80Hz. Solves problems with second br resonance.

How do you add more pices? Do you demount some wall?

I'd just take the unit out and make the port abit deeper or fold it abit .
Anyway all went good , not too much pro-tools being used a little nice clean studio amp on 20watts could get 25hz at 65db , 33hz at 90db
We just using IPhone apps , so i'l say am happy with results, will do some wadding then post some more pics when I have time ,

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2017 at 7:33pm

A peep of what's going ,I made the box abit wider so my kicks can fit on top .

-------------

Date Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:48am

Got the big baby's out for a test . Got them pumping air set them to play 28hz -80hz . Am happy , now just need to finish the boxes

-------------

Posted By: tv00
Date Posted: 15 March 2017 at 9:46pm
Finishing last boxes in the venue ?
I got a pile of 18mm ply here waiting for your workhop (or the next venue?:-)

-------------
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem

Posted By: Sypa
Date Posted: 29 March 2017 at 10:36pm
Lovely pics , and cabs offcourse.
How would you compare them to lets say hogs ?

Date Posted: 31 March 2017 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

Lovely pics , and cabs offcourse.
How would you compare them to lets say hogs ?

These play real subs , they go low , we tested one box alone it could do 28hz-80hz that's what we need them for , sound very warm , scoops don't come anywhere near them , I wouldn't even try comparing them with hogs ,

-------------

Posted By: t.geessounds
Date Posted: 01 April 2017 at 9:25pm
nice nice nice

Posted By: t.geessounds
Date Posted: 01 April 2017 at 9:25pm
nice whats the dimension??

Date Posted: 16 October 2018 at 10:09pm
just giving some updates on this one did some remodeling on this cab to make it go abit lower, and with help of a buddy on here from Finland , got some DXF files  for CNC ing  , the cab sounds so sweet , bass deep and warm , don’t think I’l put plans up , cause some people just make dem for selling , I’ve spent some time trying this cab on different setups and am happy with it , wilidapili from this forum , has heard it when he feels like it he’l add A few words , he has been to the Lab ⚗️. 

-------------

Posted By: bob4
Date Posted: 17 October 2018 at 7:32am
Are those kicks the martin 215 copies you have posted about? Serious looking stack!

Date Posted: 17 October 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Are those kicks the martin 215 copies you have posted about? Serious looking stack!

No those are F1 215mk2 , Martin’s are being sanded will post more about them soon, these 4*21” can keep up with 4*215F1 as kicks we are just testing different setups 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 December 2018 at 12:19pm
so last weekend we had King Earthquake over to Denmark , all I Can say he approved The rig , i Will not quote him, Steve Vibronics was here too both were Happy , 

-------------

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 27 August 2022 at 12:13pm
Hello, what was the coverage like when using these? I always steer away from reflex subs due to never giving me enough sub energy around the room compared to different types of cabs. I ask as i have 4 2150s sitting here wanting to be loaded in something Smile

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 27 August 2022 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Hello, what was the coverage like when using these? I always steer away from reflex subs due to never giving me enough sub energy around the room compared to different types of cabs. I ask as i have 4 2150s sitting here wanting to be loaded in something Smile
We have had no problem with coverage so far indoor or outdoors the past two days , we have a setup will take some pics last night I would say we had about 15-1800 people outdoors everyone was happy nice bass all over, all 8 cabs in one stack one of our K20 is dead so we are running all 8 from one K20, 25-70hz ,
There’s four stacks plus the sub stack , 2x215 with F1Res3sh,2x118,2x215 with Res3sh all in all we have 11Res3’s around the place , am working on the mk2 which should do 20hz even with single cab , you need drawings let me know boss , will finish my tea and head for work.

-------------

Posted By: luton_soundman
Date Posted: 27 August 2022 at 5:09pm
Thank you very much i appreciate that, and look forward to the pics Big smile

-------------
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.

Date Posted: 04 September 2022 at 12:07pm
I having a problem with The pics but here’s a start got some audio too , 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net