URL: https://forum.speakerplans.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9784
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 5:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Show us your Pre-Amp
Posted By: Ciscokid
Subject: Show us your Pre-Amp
Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 12:05am
Hi,This is my first post so here we go

I bought this pre-amp from a guy called Paul about 7 years ago.He use to run a reggae sound system called Mafia,then Ninja Studio and know its called Fifth Element sound.The Guy how built it is called Charlie and this was one of his first geneation Pre-amps.He bulit pre-amps for Aba shanti and Gemi magic and many other Reggae sounds.He also built the Destructor amps.I dont think he is building anymore just maintaining the gear.Does anyone use his amps or pre-amps????
Here is pictures of my Pre-Amps.

Please post pics of your reggae pre-amps

Cheers.

Replies:
Posted By: TRE4U2NV
Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:49am
luv it the originals were black but chrlie was making some real wicked stuff even then have to dig up some pics when i was slim with me with me preamps

by the way welcome ciscokid

-------------
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY

Posted By: AlfieDring
Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:53am
Thats interesting! Theres a lot more going on than i would have thought.

Can you show a picture of, or run through how you connect it?  Do you mix the tunes with that using the deck 1 and 2 volumes? Does the "treble drive" knob actually distort the tops signal!??? and what in the world does the "squidly" knob do?

last question ( i promise!) is whats the "MIDS" section with (1..2..3..4) knobs and "TOPS" with (1..2..3) all about?

Cheers

Alf

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 2:02am

one of a few

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:55am

Hey,Alf and Tre.

When I bought the Pre-amp years ago it was blue without the writing so I sprayed it gold and stuck on on some letters.I did get some of the controls wrong with the lettering and just did not get round to changing it.

Basically you can plug in 2 Bass,2Mids and 2 tops amps in the back.Mixing would have to be done with the the 2 deck volumes, But I use to plug in a very basic mixer

just for the crossfade in the AUX port.This allowed us to mix tunes but did not alter the pre-amp frequencys.I never used the treble drive much as it did alter the tops signal

and was meant to be used outdoors and was meant to give a more sharp sound and loud sound to the tops,sounded awfull inside but great outdoors.The squidly :) is connected to the tops section as when you turn it on and of it sounded like a sound effect or sign wave kind of sound (hard to explain)it was meant to be used just as a turn and and then off, not to be used permanently on.

Ok,The mid section was meant to be 3 instead of four as shown.So the Mic stage 2 had 3 sections instaed of 2.

Lastly I havent used the pre-amp in ages, its just hooked up to a system @ home.But when I switch it on it always brings a smile to my face as it sounds wicked

especially as I am using a powerful amp and I have an ASS-RX18 with a PD-1850..

Hope this makes sence :)

TRE-Is that one of Charlies pre-amps? Looks similar to one of the last ones he made..

Cheers...........................

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:09pm

http://imageshack.us"> ' width=28>                                  nah not this one but i do have a early charlie pre bit of a pre freak this is another one

elvins pre crossover
tubby 3 way pre [circa 84]
pepper 4 way
pepper 3 way
errol pre [coxsone errol]
unknown pre
pepper mini pre
pepper parametric pre
broken erad [alonso pre]
try to dig up more pics

-------------

Posted By: Tekasis
Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:16am
Memories!
CiscoKid, that small external box attached to the rear of th epre-amp, is that the power supply ?

Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 1:35pm

Hey Tekasis,Yes that is the power supply. Thats to show you how old the pre-amp is.

Is anyone out there using any of Charlies stuff, Amps or pre-amps??? Cus I am looking to buy one of his newer  pre-amps.

TRE-Is that your list of Pre-amps?? Impressive :))

Posted By: jethrocker
Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 5:38pm
Posted these pics previously I think, but thought it'd be worthwhile adding them here for the pre-freaks. Nothing as original as trevs pics...

Mostec 4-way...

Lincoln 4-way

Neither in my possesion now as I left the UK, but the mostec currently in action on the sound..
Determined that one day I'll resurrect this thread with pics of my own build...

Great thread, hope to see it grow..think most of us have seen only Tubbys/Mostec/Barracuda so good to see some others...
Also be nice to see some inside pics, but that might upset the builders some...

Posted By: mskeete
Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 7:01pm
some inside pics
http://www.mostec.co.uk/electronics/preamps/4-way/4-way-preamp-build.htm - http://www.mostec.co.uk/electronics/preamps/4-way/4-way-preamp-build.htm

Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 7:49pm
Jethrocker,Nice looking Pre-amps.I have heard of Lincoln pre-amps but I have never seen one.Are they still being made and sold?

Mskeete,What is the price of your 4 way Pre-amps??

Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 8:28pm
mark really luv those boards still using your own program for those boards they look a bute

im trying out autotrax at the moment its like being back at night skool but solder tank and that s"*t are totally in the past apart from project stuff 
got to luv it east london strikes again most pre builders past and present reside in the east by the way mark i found some pictures when you were a nipper

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:22pm

Ciscokid, as far as I know Lincoln is still at it, but he was never fully available and never was sure wether he really wanted business put his way or not.. I don't have current contact details as I'm away, but PM me if you want me to get hold of them.. It's a nice pre, and he gets wicked sound on bass and tops, but it always had a few too many features thrown in for my liking and ours was one of the first of a new design so had a few niggles and didn't look as tidy as mskeetes inside..(by a long way) Lincoln builds wicked amps also.. (Amp thread next up don't you think?)

Mark..inspiring to see the art inside your units.. I reckon if I zoom in I can suss most of the circuits too (only joking...) well tidy...can't wait to hear ours when I'm back..

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 12:30am
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

mark really luv those boards still using your own program for those boards they look a bute

im trying out autotrax at the moment its like being back at night skool but solder tank and that s"*t are totally in the past apart from project stuff 
got to luv it east london strikes again most pre builders past and present reside in the east by the way mark i found some pictures when you were a nipper

I posted a reply earlier but it seems to have disappeared...
yep, still using my own pcb program I wrote many moons ago in visual basic 4. Very easy to place components but the editing sucks. Last year I exteneded it again to add gerber and nc drill output files but it's time to move to a proper program now.

I tried a few free ones but couldn't really get to grips with them so I'm taking a serious look at some commercial ones

Posted By: Emmsy
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:01pm
so why are people using these rather than a decent mixer?

what benifits do they offer ?

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:24pm
Emmsy,I am no expert but I think a mixer will not give the sound that I am looking for in a pre-amp.The heavy low frequency bass and the tops and the parametric eq and the kill switches.I am sure that you can gain all this by adding EQs bass enhancers etc etc to mixers but everything is in one package with a pre-amp.I dont think you are going to get super quality sound with a pre-amp but I dont really look for that when I play reggae music.

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:26pm
Jethrocker,Nice one man.

I will PM regarding the lincoln Pre-amp.

Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:39pm
emmsy show me the mixer and i probably buy one too but a mixer that does all that dont exsist so thus pre amps were born

-------------

Posted By: CLsystems
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:51pm
heres some of my Pre amps.
probably not quite what your expecting!!

Date Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:36am
Solo Pre-Amp

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://load.imageshack.us/">

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://www.imageshack.us/">

http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9147&KW=solo&PID=82927#82927 - http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9147&KW=solo&PID=82927#82927

Date Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:39pm
JTS Pre-Amp

Date Posted: 12 July 2007 at 11:40pm
Which pre-amp is this ? Baracuda or Mostec ?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=86029993&albumID=0&imageID=1793751">

Date Posted: 13 July 2007 at 12:15am
baracuda

-------------

Posted By: Capt
Date Posted: 14 February 2008 at 11:51am

What is the function of those 2x10pots on top of this preamp? stereo 10 band eq?

Interesting topic.. guess the first post with pics of the Charlies preamps by Ciskokid expired? Cant see dem.. Could anyone post or upload dem again, or got images of other preamps to show?

Date Posted: 14 February 2008 at 11:05pm
top 2 rows are 10 band graphic and a 10 band parametric 

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 11:27am
10 band parametric.. should sound great!
Is this preamp build by Pepper?

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 2:20pm
yeah it does sound very good if i do say so myself i just got a new one off him but its stereo with phase switchs and 24db and 48db roll of switchs and inserts on all the outputsClap

-------------

Posted By: Wrighty
Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 2:41pm
Why do none of these pre-amps have any kind of labels on the panels?! Seems crackers to me, but maybe that's because product design is one of the areas I work in.

Posted By: Heathrow_B_line
Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 2:48pm
Its like a kitchen, you already know where everything is.  If you want a knife you go to the cutlery draw without thinking... you do not look for the label marked cutlery, then the label for knife [although this may help guests to your kitchen]

So once it is explained to you and you get used to it all starts to make sense...  im used to a standard mixer type set up so i can never get used it pre-amps!  But those that use them seem to function well in low light conditions as well, where labels wouldnt be legible anyway

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 2:58pm
Yeah, but I know where everything is on (for example) an Allen & Heath GL2200. It doesn't stop them screen printing the panel though!

Or is there an internationally agreed BS/EN/ISO standard for layout and colour coding of knobs and switches on reggae pre-amps? LOL

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 3:09pm
BSI cant sort out important standards for things like steel grades, i doubt they would make one for pre-amps! Big%20smile

Maybe you should try a JA code???

But on a serious note i think i have seen a few labeled pre-amps.  The labels were the plastic strip punched with raised letters if you follow me. 

Pre amps seem like a black art, having no lables on them adds to the mystery

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 3:14pm
JA code - yeah, you could be on to something there!

I remember those sort of labels - Dymo. I remember clicking stuff out on those years ago. We've got fancy electronic ones now for prototype stuff and one-offs and everything else is done on computer for screen printing...

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 5:33pm
The preamp back in the day was a tool in the art of the clash all started with blue spot grams[blaunkpaunt] that had been modified to do something different than another mans blue spot from changing values of valves adding smoothing valves changing the tuner input to be a mic input and music mix this is where the so called black art of preamps came from so it was not likely that you wanted another man to know what you did to your blue spot so you covered the panels or made generic boxes for them [if the  wife let you destroy the front room focal piece ] the next thing was to scratch all the title of records that you would play with and rename them what you wanted so another man couldn,t go to the shop and buy that tune after you killed him in a clash early clashes the rave went from house to house but you never bought you sound just records there was a lot of sculdugary in those days to get the biggest following .
my point being no sound man worth his weight would tell you anything about his sound
even in the event of your sound system being stolen they would get no helping hand in how to use it if stolen by marking inputs output and layouts most stolen preamps turn up years later to the maker or modifier
tubbys does not mark the box he uses that sits above his pre/or tell you frequency of said items nor does john meyer but you likes it you buy it simple as
you still cant ask most proper soundmen about his sound systems this is probably why regaee sound systems dont make good advertising material because the basically dont want you to know what they use

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 5:38pm
so basically your saying that your secretive but you can tell us why?

Big%20smile

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 6:10pm
Ok TRE, interesting story bout those blue spots..

but now that you already told us.. what do you mean by 'phase switchs' or '24 and 48dB roll offs'? Smile

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:24pm
Trev.. so the 10 band para is 10 indiuvidual sweepable bands with fixed boost/Q, or do the 10 graphic pots act as boost cut for each sweepable band? If it's the latter I can imagine it would be quite tricky to get a sweet response as even narrow band will interact alot when sepwt around and cut/boosted a fair bit. An octave band is not very wide for anything but a fairly narrow peak, which would not be so useful for tuning up the sound.

Date Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:55pm
its the latter and its only a problem if the circuit is not built right       
its shelf not sweepable

-------------

Date Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:20am
don't get what you mean by shelf not sweepable? What do the lower line of pots do...change frequency? (that would be sweepable) The idea of 10 shelving sections in a row seems an odd opne..wouldn't that make a response like a flight of stairs...?

Date Posted: 19 February 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by jethrocker jethrocker wrote:

don't get what you mean by shelf not sweepable? What do the lower line of pots do...change frequency? (that would be sweepable) The idea of 10 shelving sections in a row seems an odd opne..wouldn't that make a response like a flight of stairs...?

you seem Confused
it works very well easy to control tried and tested by many a hand

errol dunkley     TUNE =        E...... D... H.. T.... A L..... W.. D........  WinkWinkWink

-------------

Date Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:22pm
Yes Trev, indeed, a little way different.. sorry to question if that upsets you, and sorry for being so stoopid but I still don't see exactly what adjustment the eq provides, seems your saying 10 sweepable bands with cut boost control on each one, could be very nice for precise adjustment I suppose if the bands were suitably narrow and the q just right, but I still didn't get the shelving bit.....
Apologies once more, I'm just interested that's all and trying to understand whatever differences I seeWink  

Posted By: Hugo Biermann
Date Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:26pm
http://www.spl-usa.com/media/Geraete600/V_MK2_T.jpg

http://www.spl-usa.com/media/Geraete600/Qure.jpg

-------------
www.aggressiveaudio.co.za

Date Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:08pm
A very old Tuac Weight & Treble 2-Way Pre-Amp.

img160/5962/tuacweighttreblepreamp0jo5.jpg

img120/760/tuacweighttreblepreamp0nq0.jpg

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.

Posted By: jbl_man
Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:07am
Tuac! nice one Tek,which museum did you find that in?..its their mono disco mixer from about mid 1970`s!

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:16am
One of only 300 ever made,the Matamp Supernova,handmade in Huddersfield!

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

which museum did you find that in?..its their mono disco mixer from about mid 1970`s!

LOL very old stuff for real & this one's still working. It belongs to a mate of mine who want's it refurbished, serviced & put into a deeper case. 

This one has a parametric 4-position knob on the back on the bass o/p. Don't if you/anyone knew of/remember that mod back in the 80's.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: imageoven
Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:37am
Nice case jbl, your own handy work I presume?

Does it have a lid, or does it not go out to play?

Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:31pm
Nope,factory option Imageoven,it was available as "chassis only" or complete with its case,there was also a road version that Tony built some flightcases for..see photo...cost new for "chassis only"in 1981 was £1450,or £1600 with the case.

Interestingly,look closely at this photo,you can see Tek`s Tuac mixer mentioned above in the same photo!

-------------
Be seeing you.

Date Posted: 22 February 2008 at 6:09pm
they  used to sell them in that disco shop next to lassky edgeware road old indian sikh dude

-------------

Posted By: stereo
Date Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:21am
Lincoln Links passed away about two years ago,i never bought one of his pre amps as they were very expensive,we spoke quite often just before his death as i have one of his first parametric units.My first pre was an Elvins 'Starfire',then another Elvins with built in sound effects we then moved over to Jah Tubbys,currently using a MSkeete custom 3 way,and very pleased with it,sound quality excellent and would recommend,Most original sound men use pre amps with added bits,a lot of reggae systems now adays just use mixers and bass enhancers and those sort of things that don't represent reggae music,i'm staying true to the game.

Date Posted: 29 April 2008 at 9:31pm
more pictures

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc07228vv2.jpg">
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc07230pn4.jpg">
http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0007co5.jpg">

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:22am
Another oldie!

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:37am
details?
who made it

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 12:45pm

I thought you did ?

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:38pm
nope, not one of mine

Posted By: colint
Date Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:42pm
Great thread and really useful to those of us that don't quite understand how the reggae systems work!
aint seen a weight & treble for a good few years either!
what about a thread on the early sound system valve amps too?

-------------
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Posted By: tweeter box
Date Posted: 19 May 2008 at 1:54pm

Not mine but my mates. Sorry for the poor camera quality.

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:32pm
come on lads more pre pictures please im a freak 4 them
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10052008004kx1.jpg"> http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10052008005tr8.jpg">

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:09am
Ok TRE4, we can see you`re a freak.. What a machine!

Is it stereo or mono like most preamps..  Can see outputs labelled L and R?

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:47pm
that one is stereo 4 way

-------------

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 1:56am
it's mono

Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 1:33pm
it was mono but now it stereo little bit more tinkering has been added since pic
4 way stereoBig%20smileGeek

-------------

Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:26am

shows us a updated pic then

Posted By: djspinback69
Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 5:48pm
i know very little about pre-amps apart from i know my mixer has them to run the turntables. what i am curious about is most dj's now tend to use cd's. cd's tend to sound very clean but not particulaly fat. what i am wondering is could building my own preamps or even possibly valve ones help with this. ?????

Date Posted: 16 June 2008 at 11:17am

Been looking for a preamp-type electronics-enclosure for a long time now;  unfortunately everything i find is too deep..

Can any of the preamp-builders here (mskeete or TRE4U2NV) direct me to an address or site were they sell such enclosures..  thanks

Date Posted: 19 July 2008 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

come on lads more pre pictures please im a freak 4 them

Couple oldies for you mate...

img297/9986/axiskane3waystereopreamsr5.jpg

img297/4382/axislink3waymonopreampsol1.jpg

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:06pm
Wicked Pics Tek, good to see something different, you ever played one of those? be interested to know what the "shift" controls do in the para sections...q perhaps?

Date Posted: 28 July 2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by jethrocker jethrocker wrote:

you ever played one of those?

Never Jeth!

Been messing around with my mates ancient pre though!

img73/9792/preamp01frontsun270708sjn5.jpg

img73/378/preamp03frontsun270708smu1.jpg

Sounds like new! It's got some type of phasing sound on the high-end on the EQ section!

Trev, any idea who made this ? Think it was made in the 70's.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: justin
Date Posted: 28 July 2008 at 11:55pm
any idea's who the builder of this pre-amp is..??

-------------
Just say it how you see it

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 12:59am
the game just got more intresting not seen this beforeClap
the other one tek could be something i saw years ago not sure of the builder at this time but i will run it pass a few people to see the circle small when it come to pre building

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by justin justin wrote:

One of Barracuda's specials ?

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:24pm
Some wicked pics on this page guys  Tongue

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

standard barracuda 6 way although rumour has it he only made 3 of them

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:29pm
Tried counting the amount of knobs of the last pic in seperate blocks, but eyes started to dazzle after 80.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by mskeete mskeete wrote:

standard barracuda 6 way although rumour has it he only made 3 of them

Is that the ones he was doing for about 1500 quid ?

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 5:09pm
don't know what he used to charge for that one

CH1 have one
A guy I know over south has one but has modifie his
That picture looks like it's the third one or maybe barracudda did make more than 3

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:04pm
Well them days, the 1500 quid one apparently sounded like crap & a sound Dread Diamonds used to embarass it everytime with their older smaller pre!
Not too sure but maybe Jamdown Rockers also used the medium sized Barracuda.

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:54pm
JAMDOWN ROCKER had full barracuda
 back in the day sounded the heavy when all sounds had at least 8 soundmen they would go out and murder sounds with three man archie[selector] champion [mc] and i think it was willie the operator bringing in quads and everything 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:56pm
ps relatives sound had a six way barry and sold it 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 July 2008 at 6:58am
Having had a play with one of them 6ways (pictured) , I liked the concept and layout but didn't like the sound of it

Date Posted: 01 September 2008 at 11:46pm

NEW ONE

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture055td4.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 02 September 2008 at 8:29am

dats a serious pre amp! must get very confusing after a few drinks!!!

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Posted By: bitzo
Date Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:07am
Do someone have the schemas of a preamp? 

Posted By: steflion
Date Posted: 03 September 2008 at 2:06pm

Greetings all Dub addikt

Proud to show you my pre amp maade by my Idreen
nuff love & Itection

Posted By: bort_83
Date Posted: 03 September 2008 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by steflion steflion wrote:

Greetings all Dub addikt

That's very COOL!

can you tell us which devices are ?

Posted By: Preacher
Date Posted: 03 September 2008 at 9:45pm
Quality looking 'Tower' you have mate, as asked can you tell us more? (we are a nosey bunchLOL you know).

-------------
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.

Date Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:44pm
GeekClapBig%20smileWinkThumbs%20UpApproveCoolPinch FEELING VERY EMOTIONAL

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2008 at 5:52am

Greetings,

The pre amp is very complete it mean that you can drive the sound like u want like in the studio , it's studio kality!!! never see this before , u have 1 deck, cd & line input ,3  mics, 3 effect send & return, it's a 4 stereo way out or 8 way mono out, there are 10q , 10 para control , 10 res control,10 gain control for each frequencies and also cut out for each freqencies in these graphic and u can sweep wich frenquencies u want.
The best pre amp that I ever seen. Trust me , It 's a special pre amp for my sound nobody could have the same. Ceck next session if u want to see it in actionTongue
Nuff Hertical love & Raspect
steflion
The tower is home made like my full sound

Date Posted: 05 September 2008 at 5:55am
http://www.myspace.com/lionrootssound - www.myspace.com/lionrootssound

one love

Posted By: Dub Defector
Date Posted: 05 September 2008 at 9:29am
what is the Red Gold and Green unit under the pre?

very nice preamp btw.. who is the builder?

-------------
Rough Every Time... http://www.dubselector.co.uk - http://www.dubselector.co.uk

Posted By: Sheggy
Date Posted: 05 September 2008 at 7:53pm
Love it!!! Good to see that someone's still rockin' the Digitech 7.6.

How do you use the pedals when you're playing out?

S

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Dub Defector Dub Defector wrote:

Effects unit!

Couple more pre's...

img398/9435/fairshareunitycontroltofs4.jpg

img299/5306/dubtronicscontroltowerwdf6.jpg

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: Tedski
Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 1:50am
Love he EQ setting on the last pic Disapprove

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Tedski Tedski wrote:

Love he EQ setting on the last pic Disapprove

Looking at the settings on the preamp i would hazard a guess that he may be running another set of subs only using the eq and bypassing the preamp.. Maybe?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 10:46am

Effects unit!

What kind of effects.. and who's the manufacturer?

cheers

-------------

Posted By: RiddimKid
Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 2:01pm
Wonder what those Turbomaxxx sound like in that G-sub type of box!

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by steflion steflion wrote:

Greetings all Dub addikt

nuff love & Itection

Tower looks wicked mate! Clap

again, what are the effects units you use???

Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

Do someone have the schemas of a preamp? 

yes i have them, PM me and i shall send them to you LOL

-------------
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 3:09pm

Effects unit!

What kind of effects.. and who's the manufacturer?

The wicked Jah-Tronics effects!

http://igziabeher.free.fr/sirens.html - http://igziabeher.free.fr/sirens.html

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by RiddimKid RiddimKid wrote:

Wonder what those Turbomaxxx sound like in that G-sub type of box!

I spot Ultimate Sounds badges!

Who's that pre built by ?

-------------
**Heavy Weight-Line**

Posted By: Static Age
Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 3:28pm
Tek, this might seem like a silly question (I have no knowledge of reggae pre amps).

On a big unit like the one pictured above, how would you know (or remember) what all the knobs do?

-------------

Posted By: bitzo
Date Posted: 10 September 2008 at 3:44pm
is these schemas so precious? like synare 3 ones? 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net