Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Production Services speakers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Production Services speakers.
    Posted: 10 October 2015 at 7:19pm
Does anyone have any information of their products? 

We have 4 of their tops, twin 12 mid and 2 inch hf. All fitted to a big fibreglass horn. Fairly sure they are not fully original, it would be really useful to have some more info. I am guessing some original brochure link may be too much to ask for. But you never know. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 7:43pm
I had a pair of these loaded with jbl 2206's and a 2" cd. The 'phase bungs' serve no purpose at all other than a selling point. Other than that okay sounding and built like brick shite houses by some bloke up north from what I gather. Not allot of infomation about them I found, and not many around if you intend on buying more than you have.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 8:37pm
off top of my head, do i remember production services as a dutch company? they make big powered boxes with wine coloured carpet on them? if i'm thinking of the right ones.. they're installed in the national concert hall here in dublin (not wine carpet ones in that case though..)
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 9:00pm
Ours do not have the bungs and are Fane loaded with 1 x Fane 2 inch and 3 x PAudio 2'' HF. 

Not really looking for more, just trying to explain to a friend that they were a pro build and not home made.  
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 10:24pm
Yours sound like a different design to mine. They were never diy by any standards, sorry if it read that way. I think I remember seeing your design on eBay a while back. I ran mine above PD loaded folded horns and my old 1850 loaded cubos. Sounded mean, probably a few pics on here somewhere!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 11:34pm
It is fine, I do not think they are home made. The fibre glass horn is far from home made. 

I was hoping for a product list.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 12:15am
I recall there were a lot of those around Sheffield ten years ago. 2x12, 2" and sometimes a couple of bullets. Efficient but a bit abrasive indoors I thought.

Edit: maybe they were w&t ultrasonics if they're trap. Production services ones I'm thinking of might be big square ones that I know are still in use in Bradford at the mill.

Edited by el chupacabra - 11 October 2015 at 12:19am
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 12:53am
Production service ltd are long gone but I believe they were based in Cambridge.

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 1:04am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

off top of my head, do i remember production services as a dutch company? they make big powered boxes with wine coloured carpet on them? if i'm thinking of the right ones.. they're installed in the national concert hall here in dublin (not wine carpet ones in that case though..)

You are speaking About sound projects. Also into hornloaded systems, but a different company.
Used one of their systems on a float this year with great results.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 1:10am
yes! that's their name. been trying to think of it all night.

ok apologies.. i was on the wrong track for this thread alright.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 10:09am
They were originally based in Hull which is where most of the trapezoidal 2x12+2" were built along with matching subs and a full range cabinet--Quite nice boxes actually as they formed a good modular system with the interlocking feet and top battens.A lot of their boxes were Selenium loaded and did sound nice at that time.
The company was resurrected a few years later based in South Wales IIRC building a silly Line Array system that never worked loaded with Oberton drivers and they also sold quite a few of these OEM drivers to the trade as they were a good cost effective unit at that time.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 2:22pm
I found this old brochure:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>