Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Production Services speakers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 3:02pm
APC wow that's brilliant. I had a look and a google came across a nasty looking array thing and thought no they didn't do that. 

Our boxes are not the LS series so they must have made a few different ranges. Same interlocking batons top and bottom though.

These are ours.

Edited by midas - 11 October 2015 at 3:23pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
100 volt line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100 volt line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 5:56pm
I remember a firm coming to cover the sound in the early 90's at a factory I was working at (30th year in busines etc etc) for the guest band for the evening entertainment, which was Mudd, or what was left of them.
The sound guys were Bonzer Sound Services if I remember rightly, and they rocked up with four stacks of Production Services gear, fane loaded so I was told. I thought it was brilliant at the time, having not heard anything else of that sort of scale, and being young and impressionable. This was until I heard Floodlight at Plasa, but I digress............!

I always thought the Production Services gear was built in Middlesborough, but could be wrong (usually am according to our lass), and they also did a system called the Arena Building Block, which was advertised in the back of LSI.

Like I say, could be wrong, or could be getting my company's muddled up.
I never did understand Millman's Theorem !
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 6:48pm
The address on the Production Services brochure is:

D1 Warelands Way Industrial Estate,
Hutton Road,
Middlesbrough TS4 2JY.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Hutton Road,
Middlesbrough TS4 2JY.

Yes, that´s the one. Some friends of mine from down here and I payed them a visit once in order to recuperate a load of money that had (stupidly) been sent for some gear that never turned up. The company owner was well known for doing that sort of thing.  Ouch

In the end, we settled for a van full of LS2, as the money was obviously never going to be returned. The system wasn´t actually that bad, even though the 'master' builders turned out to be a load of kids on a YOPS scheme, or something similar. All very weird.   Shocked  Confused  Shocked 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Hutton Road,
Middlesbrough TS4 2JY.

Yes, that´s the one. Some friends of mine from down here and I payed them a visit once in order to recuperate a load of money that had (stupidly) been sent for some gear that never turned up. The company owner was well known for doing that sort of thing.  Ouch

In the end, we settled for a van full of LS2, as the money was obviously never going to be returned. The system wasn´t actually that bad, even though the 'master' builders turned out to be a load of kids on a YOPS scheme, or something similar. All very weird.   Shocked  Confused  Shocked 

Ive also heard that story!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 8:27am
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

APC wow that's brilliant. I had a look and a google came across a nasty looking array thing and thought no they didn't do that. 

Our boxes are not the LS series so they must have made a few different ranges. Same interlocking batons top and bottom though.

These are ours.

Your boxes are the same as my old ones but someone has removed the phase bungs which doesn't matter because as I've said they didn't work.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 1:48pm
"Ive also heard that story! "

Do you mean about the YOPS kids in the workshop, or the other thing?   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 3:06pm
Kids in the workshop lol
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 7:38pm
Yes, totally true. The 'foreman' must have been all of 18....

LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 11:20pm
Wasn't that one of Rocky's companies?
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 8:51am
Yes, that´s the one, con artist extraordinaire. Is he still around, or retired to Bermuda?   LOL
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 10:25am
I remember a Bonza Sound Services located near Guildford, Surrey (Normandy I think) before they sold up.  They had a lot of stock located in various barns 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>