Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Production Services speakers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 10:35pm
That ohm 212 looks like a nice box. 

In bass no one can hear you scream!
vidlerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidlerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 11:49am
WANTED - LS3 or the compact please pm me or I'm John Entrobang on fb
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 8:47am
Here's a bunch of LS2...

uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
cafedumonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafedumonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 5:05pm
Hi. I recently found a pair of old Production Services cabinets discarded in an alley behind a venue here in Washington DC. They are in serviceable shape though the 18 inch drivers are not working. I expect that the voice coils are blown and I am trying to identify the OEM to get specs for buying replacements. Please see the link below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/orH8cW8t4jFRT7EWA - Link to photos on Google

They are branded as "Production Services" without any other identification, as shown in the photos. This thread mentions P.Audio, Oberton and Fane as having supplied speakers to PS. Sending the photos, Fane confirmed that they are not the manufacturer. No response yet from P.Audio or Oberton.

This is the only forum I have found with any knowledge of Production Services. Can any one provide more clues on the origin of the speakers? Can they identify the cabs? They are of similar construction but clearly different from the ones shown in the brochures and photos preceding this post. 

Any help is appreciated. 

CDM

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 12:56pm
Those could be DAS.

I know that Mr. Rocky ripped them off as well, ie 'buying' a load of drivers that were then never paid for...   Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafedumonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2018 at 11:02pm
DAS responded to my query, indicating that they did not manufacture the drivers. 

To me, there are three things that might distinguish the speakers:

1. The shape of the spokes on the basket (bent)

2. The placement of the terminals on the basket rather than on the motor.

3. The fact that there are seven mounting holes rather than the eight that are normal for an 18" driver. 

Hopefully this will ring bells somewhere. 

Thanks for the feedback so far.

CDM
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 12:04am
there are 6 mounting holes. that's all i've got i'm afraid..
adeyoz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeyoz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 12:08am
Hi. Mine are psl branded for most and some are eminence for the others, which actually look the same as the psl ones..if that's any help..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafedumonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 10:55am
Oops. Yes, there are six holes. 
ukfdb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukfdb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 8:09am
Hi APC321 

Sorry - I know it's a long thread but the pictures you uploaded of the brochure appear to have gone offline - Do you still have them by any chance? 

Thank you 

Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 12:34pm
Not sure why you saw it as offline. I have just downloaded it and uploaded... 

Originally posted by ukfdb ukfdb wrote:

Hi APC321 

Sorry - I know it's a long thread but the pictures you uploaded of the brochure appear to have gone offline - Do you still have them by any chance? 

Thank you 

Edited by Pinyorouk - 26 November 2018 at 12:38pm
BOOMBOOMPOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOOMBOOMPOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2020 at 7:00am
Its sounds Great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>