Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project changing crossover in JBL:s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 8:31pm
What data do I need for values on the new coil?

What about the metal lumb attached to the coil never seen that before?

Woofers where changed in this speakers wonder why ....
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 9:07pm
Its iron core (steel lamels) which will increase coil inductance, thus less copper wire required = less resistive losses which is bad thing when high currents are flowing through the coil. 

Schematic says 2.0mH.  So you need 2mH crossover coil if you want to replace it. Avoid small coils having too thin copper wire.  

Edited by Tonskulus - 16 July 2019 at 9:08pm
serioussound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 9:15pm
Ok you think it is needed to replace it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 10:38pm
No things have changed a little bit.

I have 4 really nice wodden cabs built for dual 2226h and 2447J.

I have loads of 2226h laying around and also some 2447J.

Like earlier I said I have SR 4726A (single 15" 2226G+2447J)

Whats new is I now have bought 1 pair of SR 4733a speakers to completed with crossovers and everything. These SR 4733a I will tranform into my nice wooden cabs including crossover, switch and everything.

Problem comes to now is probably best to use the parts from the SR 4726a to build a near sounding to SR 4733a as possible but with the crossover from a SR 4726a. So maybe this is it and I only will connect the HF 2447J to the crossover of SR 4726A since that is how its wired in the SR 4733A so that will make them sound more the same? Also then I dont need to replace the possible faulty coil on the filters?

Now my problem is I figured ot the HF out on the SR4726A filter is the yellow and yellow/black.
But where is the HF into the passive filters? Please see attached photo..

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 12:14am
Are the wire colors correct on the crossovers you have based on the schematic?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 8:11am
You can see here its the other side I think the connections on the crossover pcb is original.

Thou have someone taking out the switch so in the other end those cables are not wired like the original.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serioussound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 8:16am
Here is how the other ends are connected:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12