Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Projector

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 1:24am
Rich, you are talking a short throw distance there.

For example this fairly std throw of 1.5:1 proj 5K lumens is 1500 quid;

This is 1920 x 1200 WUXGA. This is the ideal format you are looking for. 

Fitted hundreds of the things. Talk to the people above. Ask for Shane. Cheers. Mucker.  
Billy Dawg.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 8:26am
Cheers Malc 👍

Nearly ended up putting a 19" LCD in there 🙄
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Rich, you are talking a short throw distance there.

For example this fairly std throw of 1.5:1 proj 5K lumens is 1500 quid;

This is 1920 x 1200 WUXGA. This is the ideal format you are looking for. 

Fitted hundreds of the things. Talk to the people above. Ask for Shane. Cheers. Mucker.  

Close, but i reckon he needs 1.4:1 for 6m through to 5m wide, so something 1.5-1:1.

1.5 puts his lens at 7.5m from a 5m wide screen.

Equally, a 5m wide screen, 16:10, will require, at only 50 lumens /sq ft, 16.4ftx10.2ftx50= roughly 8500 Lumens.

5K Lumens will not be bright enough in dim ambient light, any other light and it will be shite and washed out.

2 stitched/overlapping may be good enough, depending on ambient light. But you need projectors with this option, which adds to cost per unit.

Either way, budget is fooked.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 11:45am
Yes. Read the budget! It was as stated an example Big smile 

Regardless of personal opinion on how bright we believe it is all off spec. Throw, size and budget.

Simple remedy. Get one in budget with a screen that fits both room/proj. Buy some blinds. Simple answer.

The times I've specced such and it was just a waste. I remember fitting 5k lumen projectors when they were £30K. Mental. Or the huge 4ft long Barco crt units that cost even more. All silly. Buy one for 500 quid and make it work well. Spend the rest on a holiday Approve or a 19" LCD and a better holiday. 

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 25 November 2016 at 11:47am
Billy Dawg.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 12:24pm
At our sports bar I personally much prefer the 85" 4K telly to the 135" projector anyway...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

Simple remedy. Get one in budget with a screen that fits both room/proj. Buy some blinds. Simple answer.
Totally Agree.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2016 at 1:12pm
I know most will think them third world, but AVSL have some pretty nice motorised 2.4 wide 4:3 or 16:10 for absolute pennies. By two for even cheaper each!! I won't say exactly how much, but buying two at a time, only just gets you over carriage free limit!

Installed a 4:3 one in a school, and couldn't understand why so cheap. Nice to install, works flawlessly, with wireless (radio) remote!! Even the electronic stops were a nice thing to adjust, and very quick to get right.
Soundscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 11:16am
Sorry if this might be hijacking the thread somewhat but can I pick your collective brains please as regards a video switch box?

I know of Kramer as a maker of a large variety of kit for video applications.

Can you recommend one of their models (prefer a rack mount unit) that will take video o/p from my laptop
and split the signal up to say, 6 ways,  i.e. 1 x projector plus 4 or 5 TV screens (not necessarily in a matrix).

Thanks!

Steve / Soundscape
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 12:00pm
VGA, DVI or hdmi?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

VGA, DVI or hdmi?

The DAP DVMP-250 DVD media player I have has both an HD15 and HDMI output so might there be a Kramer or, other make of switch that would take either type of input?

This is new territory for me so I'm keen to learn Smile

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Steve / Soundscape
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 1:20pm
How far do you need the longest cable run to be?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 2:21pm
Approx. 25M max at the venue I'm working in next week.
I do have easy access to vga cables of up to 50M if needed.

I gather there's a limit when using HDMI cables before possible signal degradation depending on where the cable is placed. But opinions vary as to what the distance is before repeaters are needed (?)

I doubt it's critical to show the short video I've been given in HDMI so vga cables ought to be ok.

Any knowledge and experience on this subject very much appreciated.

Steve / Soundscape
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>