Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proline 3000 - People blowing drivers or Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 2:09pm
Hope he was serious this time.
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 2:14pm
Read and understand specifications of speakers.
Usually most low-frquency transducers can handle 25% of the nominal power in long term (for minutes)
For example : 1200W AES & 2400W Peak means:
average maximum power of: 300W

However if you reach that 300W average the lifetime likely will drop seriously.
Otherwise the testing methods defined lifetime suggest that need to survive only 8 hours of operation prior lifetime and parameters degrading.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 2:45pm
Can you upload this photo in better quality?

What is the Preal?
As P Re changes and Preal not(exmple 4000s-4500s and 5500s-6000s) than it has to be on different test signals.
Was there some more description to this? What test signals are those?

Isnt 225W of real power still not much for the speaker. At beginning its voice coil got like 220 deg C. For 225W on worst measured scenario temp was ~170 deg C.
Or is 225W B&C recommendation for long lifetime?

And whats the enclosure?

Edited by gen0me - 02 November 2018 at 4:31pm
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Bennett works for B&C

A pretty common sense result considering the thermal mass of each I would think. But interesting none the less. There seems to be a lot of discussion currently about voice coil temeprature sensing etc, I should hurry up and build the prototype I have been thinking of for years.

Who am I kidding, another 5 years minimum.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Website says 2400W!  LOL LOL LOL

When will the BS stop?  Unhappy

JBL, of course, have there own way of doing things. A friend just rang me about one of these:

He´s got a load of them under his VRX - and at least one of the cabs has reversed phase! After checking with the local tech service, he was told that it could happen if the speaker was overheated!  Confused

Only solution given was a recone.  I´m waiting for him to drop the thing around here so I can have a look. Amazing.  Ouch

It’s not BS. They clearly state the test conditions and that 2400w value is continuous program power. Peak is 4x AES.

The issue lies with people not reading up or understanding the test conditions or measuring or designing boxes properly - it’s not just the woodwork, the preset and drive conditions are part of the whole.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 6:34pm
Yes, true - you have to read the small print. Problemn is that a lot of people don´t, then wonder why their speaker blew with 'just' 1k of heavily compressed/clipped waveform.  
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 6:48pm
This post has become refreshing.

Notice some Fane 400w 15's in the for sale section, proper loud and lovely with not much input.

Maybe sensitivity in drivers will make a come back when they run out of bull?
It's everything, not everythink!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Notice some Fane 400w 15's in the for sale section, proper loud and lovely with not much input.

Quite, I always love the look on peoples faces when I tell them that my mids are only 200w (Studio 12L's), it gets even better when I also tell them that they are set -3db to the rest of the system. LOL
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Quite, I always love the look on peoples faces when I tell them that my mids are only 200w (Studio 12L's), it gets even better when I also tell them that they are set -3db to the rest of the system. LOL

Clap
It's everything, not everythink!
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 9:59pm
I have a feeling that this thread will be a looong one. Oh, did I interrupt you ? Please proceed with the discussion! LOL Wink
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 10:18pm

Yes they are exceedingly nice drivers.

I'm sure seller will accept offers, if cash collection.. LOL Wink
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

He´s got a load of them under his VRX - and at least one of the cabs has reversed phase! After checking with the local tech service, he was told that it could happen if the speaker was overheated!  Confused

Wait, what? He's got a driver that has reversed its *own* phase after being overheated? How could that possibly work?
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>