Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proline 3000 Powering Hogs Q

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

Here is the "real" power Output of the Proline measured by a german Magazine in comparison to the datasheet figures.

The exact piece of drivel and misinformation causing people to blow drivers  that I am talking about.

Input signal 80hz. Absolutely useless test for sub!!!!

Take measurement at 40-50hz, and let's compare results.Thumbs Down

This^   AGAIN
It's everything, not everythink!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

No, Proline can't power 4x or even three of those cabs.

It will power 1x per channel  or 2x in 4 ohm bridge.

Anything else and expect to blow amp and or drivers.

How many times does this need to be said !?

LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
raoulduke14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 10:17pm
Okay for go it... hahah. 
Not powering 4 anyway powering 3 but take all your points on board.
Cheers

Edited by raoulduke14 - 03 July 2018 at 10:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 10:18pm
Dunno what this above video is meant to be about personally but cheers for the entertaining video.. hahah

Edited by raoulduke14 - 03 July 2018 at 10:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 10:22pm
Mixed opinions from everyone bit guess ill find owt for myself wont i :) haha
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 10:24pm
I don't think that data is misleading. How it's used could be argued though and from those numbers you could get a pretty reasonable estimate for your 40-50Hz figure by interpolation.

Needless to say that no matter what playing sums says if your driver measures open circuit after then it's all a bit silly.

I'm not an electrical engineer type but would it be very difficult to build some sort of PIP type input module for these things. They do seem to have quite a similar rep and specs to the Crown 3600 driverkiller...
Don't test the champignon sound

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 10:25pm
Ok buh, just a newbie so gimmie some slack haha... 
thats to levyte357 btw lol 
Ease it up.... read nuff forums just asking for advice

Edited by raoulduke14 - 03 July 2018 at 10:28pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 7:00am
Originally posted by raoulduke14 raoulduke14 wrote:

Ok buh, just a newbie so gimmie some slack haha... 
thats to levyte357 btw lol 
Ease it up.... read nuff forums just asking for advice

Lev was giving you THE best advice for your situation, he was heavy handed because this has been done before, don't take offence take it as sound advice.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 7:30am
Misleading cause how does 40hz look on the eq and how does 80hzEmbarrassed
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 9:24am
I read forums, deduced it would be fine, blew 4 drivers, regretted even trying. Now face £££ recone bill and need to get an inf8 instead. Just dont want someone to make my mistake (again)

also bought the proline new for £550 and wont be able to sell it for anything less than £350 but it will make a solid kick amp.

If you do use it buy an inline attenuator (-10 or -15dB) to make sure the limiter is catching peaks.

Edited by rosssss224 - 04 July 2018 at 9:28am
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

I read forums, deduced it would be fine, blew 4 drivers, regretted even trying. Now face £££ recone bill and need to get an inf8 instead. Just dont want someone to make my mistake (again)

If you do buy an inline attenuator (-10 or -15dB) to make sure the limiter is catching peaks.

More good advice from someone with first hand experience.

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

If you do use it buy an inline attenuator (-10 or -15dB) to make sure the limiter is catching peaks.

You don't need an inline attenuator,  It’s got infinitely variable attenuators built (as have most PA amplifiers), you control them using the two large knobs on the front panel of the amp. The more the knobs are turned anticlockwise the greater the attenuation.

Look at the markings on the volume controls on QSC, PL, PLX and RMX amplifiers; they are marked in –db increments with 0db fully clockwise and fully anticlockwise Crest Ca,V, 800x etc. and some Peaveys are also marked using a –db scale. The QSC Powerlight 3’s actually have ‘Atten’ written under the controls.

Edited by APW - 04 July 2018 at 10:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>