Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

punisher horn length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: punisher horn length
    Posted: 24 November 2012 at 11:27am
as the title states whats the horn length of the punishers both versions?
Disco Hire Wales
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:58pm
Walt, the designer claimed near 2 meter with the mouth exit to the floor. On itself (placed on the side) it's somewhat less, 1m70-1m80, give or take.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:58am
I have 2.3m in my hornresp sim, ill check tomorrow but its def longer than 1.8m, path length corner is about 40hz from my measurements. 
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
inter-sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 3:14am
So does anybody have the EXACT length just to make sure our delays are spot on :).. Also anybody got any eq preferences with the punishers we run ours 38-90 24 L-R both ends.. I read sumwher a few db boost between 42-45 is worth a go . Think I'll hav a play this weekend
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 6:09pm
If you want to have your delay 'spot-on' you really need to measure with Smaart or a simular program. (It's not the delay what's important but the phase of the sub and the mid around the x-over frequentie.)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by MusicXtra MusicXtra wrote:

If you want to have your delay 'spot-on' you really need to measure with Smaart or a simular program. (It's not the delay what's important but the phase of the sub and the mid around the x-over frequentie.)

this is something i need to get my head round i posted about it the other day and somebody said aslong as the time/distance delay was correct ther will be no phasing issues? can u link me to something explaining this further?

MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 5:07pm
It's not that simple.Approve
It depends of lot's of things.
By example; an 18" front loaded subwoofer shall have a complete different phase behaviour than a 12" Punisher.
Without phase filters it is impossible to combine these two with each other.
I don't have a good link with a good explanation for you.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inter-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 7:33pm
i didnt think it was as simple as matching the time delay, things are never that easy. if anybody has a link to previous threads explaining how to overcome this problem and get the best results it would be appreciated

MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 11:38am
The best and easyest way to time align a sound system is with a measuring program like Smaart.

Post Reply Post Reply