Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QSS V RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 9:02am
kutty stated on line he un plugged 2 subs as one had a fault so unplugged a pair to keep  things balance ie no odd numbers , mate also attended and said same Kutty was super low and bass going right though the building , RC1 was just brutul esp in front of the cabs but not as low, more groyly bass if that makes sense , mate did say tho RC1 bin near the end were moving some serious air much fun well done both systems Clap
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

So QSS subs are just the 18 sound manifold plan ? And don't tell me different bracing or something similarly non important is a "modification" .

pictures I can find of qualitex subs don't look quite like 18sound plans. qss subs have ports that are full width of cabinet and the manifold is slightly tapered.
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by heineken heineken wrote:

Mid tops- RC1's sound amazing, absolutely loved them, like a massive hifi. QSS' were fine and definitely more 'soundsystem' style (unbalanced?) but clear enough and not harsh but... RC1s were just lush. 

This just goes to show how subjective audio is; as the times I have heard RC1 its certainly not what I would consider ‘hifi’ in the slightest.

That’s not knocking them either, as clearly they are going for a loud and aggressive system over detailed and clarity.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 1:56pm
There are a few versions on the site , one is with full port .
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 2:00pm

So QSS subs are just the 18 sound manifold plan ? And don't tell me different bracing or something similarly non important is a "modification" .

Not sure what answer you are expecting from this question.

Surely only QSS will know what design his cabs are, and no one can really tell from the outside !?

Why not ask QSS, yourself !?

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 2:39pm
Ive read and heard loads of contradicting accounts on how both sounded. More uneeded proof that everyone has different ears and if you really wana know how someone sounds you have to go and hear it for yourself

Edited by luton_soundman - 19 April 2023 at 2:39pm
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 2:50pm

There are a few versions on the site , one is with full port .

yes, only one on the 18sound site has full width ports. But it doesn't have a tapered manifold in the middle with non-parallel baffles.

Edited by snowflake - 19 April 2023 at 2:51pm
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 7:22pm
I’m amazed at the difference in amplification on both systems - RC1 needs so much juice, wouldn’t fancy being part of the RC1 crew with that many Crest amps, manstyle!
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 7:34pm
Anyone have pics from the events? Multiple Crest amps always gets my juices flowing!
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2023 at 7:45pm
I seen the amps RC1 use and the thickness of the cable..you need a mobile power station..any photos of the session..

Edited by cardiffdon - 19 April 2023 at 7:47pm
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2023 at 11:26am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Not sure what answer you are expecting from this question.

Surely only QSS will know what design his cabs are, and no one can really tell from the outside !?

Why not ask QSS, yourself !?

Its just  classic speculation calm down Smile

Snowflake indeed it seems like the 18 inch version is a play between the 18 inch version and the 21 . While the 21 version has those 2 ports with wood in the middle and seems its tapered just like on the plans.

Edited by Sypa - 20 April 2023 at 11:31am
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2023 at 11:35am

Its just  classic speculation calm down Smile

On reflection, yes, my response was a bit tense.. LOL

Edited by levyte357- - 20 April 2023 at 11:40am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>