Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

qtx powered speaker repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 9:27pm
any luck with mod boosting the module?
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
EddW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 10:40pm
Hi All
I have one of these QTX powered speakers, I am not an electronics expert but have some basic knowledge. The symptoms for the problem I'm having is; no power to the MP3 player board and the radio mic's don't work but have power to the board. I have metered the power out on the board with the line in's that's goes to the mp3 board. These is 0v on this output. I also think the charging circuit is not working as the battery is giving out 7v and when mains is applied it changes for a couple of seconds then stops.

Any ideas welcome
Thanks
Edd
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2014 at 12:07am
Quote if the main bass driver blow the whole front casing had to be fitted

No. Eons very easy to recone, dont even have to take the speaker apart. The jbl kit comes with cone, ready fitted coil & suspension, dust cap, shim and glue.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

mitchiemasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchiemasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 2:05am
Any chance of getting some activity back on this thread. I have a QTX powered 15 here for repair. 1 of them has an intermittent fault. It starts to crackle, even with no audio input.
Tan-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tan-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 7:43am
Start by checking all contral pots via giving them a clean and if fault is still there remove the amp board and check for dry solder joints.. You can spit preamp stage and check that, also remove preamp connection lead to the power amp and power up to see if there's any odd sounds from the amp stage.

See how you get on there.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by EddW EddW wrote:

I also think the charging circuit is not working as the battery is giving out 7v and when mains is applied it changes for a couple of seconds then stops.

Any ideas welcome
Thanks
Edd

Almost certainly the battery is permanently dead. Its an SLA isn't it ?

If that battery has been fully discharged, then left for some time without a charge - well that will happen. More than likely replacing the battery will fix that.
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
Tan-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 3:27pm
I've made comments at the start of this topic to point in the direction..

These type of powered speakers do come in different size cabs.. Such as pa units with bass and top horn style with straight forward pre-amp and power amp stages..
mitchiemasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchiemasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2014 at 8:06pm
Thank you I will try that.
NeedMusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 12:48pm
I too have a QTX powered 15. The top "tweeter" blew, making the sound all muffled. We've replaced the tweeter and after initially working it is now broken. Even with no audio inputs (just powered on) it squeaks/hisses randomly. the level of which changes as you turn the input faders on the back.

Does anybody know what causes this? Any quick fix? Thanks. 
Tan-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2014 at 2:07pm
There's no quick fix on powered speakers..

Only if you know how to work on the electronics in side ..

Reach for the meter and start checking its power supply's pre-amp will be around 12 +/- to 15 +\- volts then the power amp part say 50+/- or more volts..
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 10:31am
Did it have a proper tweeter, or piezo? If you replaced a piezo with a 'proper' tweeter it will blow pretty quickly - and maybe take out the amp as well. And if you´re not sure which way up a multimeter goes, you´re better off  taking it to a proper repair person.  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 7:16pm
quality
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>