Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QTX QR10pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QTX QR10pa
    Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:01pm
Can anyone help. I’ve just got a QTX QR10 portable PA. Admittedly it’s not a new one. But it was affordable. On trying to power it up the battery light comes on, but that’s it, no charging light or anything else. Having searched the net it appears as though batteries can be problematic if they have either been left on or have been allowed to completely run out of charge. Which is what it looks like in my case. I’ve ordered a new battery, however upon dismantling the case to retrieve the old one I have noticed a blue wire floating around inside and I have no idea where the disconnected end goes. The connected end is fitted with a circuit board plug please can anyone help with this dilemma. Many thanks
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:06pm
This video might show you where the wiring is supposed to connect.

Alex Dutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:48pm
Hi thanks for the link. This is the one I looked at to learn how to change the battery, Unfortunately whilst it’s useful for that, it’s a slightly different or newer model to the one I’ve got and despite trying several times to freeze the frame it doesn’t give me the answer I need. Thank you none the less for trying to help out. Much appreciated.kind regards
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:51pm
are you sure the floating wire isn't just the radio mic aerial?
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:55pm
Hi  the aerial/ radio mic is a black one, but like you rightly comment, that one also floats about in the case.the blue one is fairly long and attached to the board at one end with a plug. Thanks for taking the time to try and help
Regards and thanks
Alex

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:04pm
Hi all I’m very new to this site and very much appreciate those of you who have already taken the time and trouble to help. Does anyone know if it’s possible to post a picture here to try and better explain the problem and hopefully achieve a positive outcome.thanks again
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:12pm
new members have a few restrictions on how they can post i'm afraid.. you can upload an image to an external host like imgur or somewhere and link it though
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:15pm
Its not as simple as the blue HF cable shown in the video has become detached from the driver? It looks like it's under a bit of stress when the 2 halves of the cabinet are apart!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:22pm
It’s really perplexing me, this should to all intents and purposes be an easy fix. On closer inspection though it looks as if the detached wire had been trapped at some point as it’s distinctly flat  in one area, looks as though someone might have been in there before. 
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:23pm
If the cable has a plug at the board end, there should also be something written on the board next to the connector.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:25pm
Good point I’ll have to get the magnifying glass out and see if I can spot anything
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:27pm
With my gambling hat on, I'm gonna say "HF+".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>