Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RC1 new active speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 9:53am
Sorry to rock the boat again, can't resist…...

Originally posted by rish rish wrote:

I will give you a good tip in marketing " sell the sizzle, not the steak"

yet you were inquiring about the steak…… Confused

No offense rish, I don't know you personally, and my following comment is not aimed at you in particular. There are real pros on this forum that WILL put their money where their mouth is at. But there are just as much if not more time wasters, a lot of hot air and tire kicking as well. 

Originally posted by <span style=: rgb251, 251, 253; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 21px;>RC1 Sound System</span><span style=line-height: 1.4;> RC1 Sound System wrote:

If anyone is interested in a demo, or discussing the possibility of purchasing, then please drop me a message.

THAT would be the time and place to ask Jon what drivers are inside……. Wink

I personally thought there were some much more interesting points mentioned about these boxes:

Originally posted by <span style=: rgb251, 251, 253; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 21px;>RC1 Sound System</span><span style=line-height: 1.4;> RC1 Sound System wrote:

Both have built in analogue processing including  crossovers, preset eq and dynamic processing/limiters, all my own original circuit designs.

Mid/his are bi-amped with traditional MOSFET circuit class AB of 1500W RMS for mid and 500W RMS for tops driving 15 inch + 1.4 inch compression driver with active fan + fluid cooling

Bass bins have my own original designed Bipolar class B bass amplifier of 2000W RMS, (...) without emitter resistors to minimise natural output impedance for ultimate heavyweight current dumping. (...)  fan cooled driver of approx 22 inches diameter.(...)  

but…….

(disclaimer: these are just my personal opinions, no more, no less, take it with a grain of salt Smile)

Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

Right now it looks like a prototype. The logo is particularly egregious 

+1

Are those prototype boxes? Are the actual production units going to have the exact same finish?

Jon, I can see the point that you have created the whole box, down to the logo, and you're proud of that. But in my opinion that logo is just horribly hideous, sorry. You should get a professional designer to do a proper one, and redo the spec sheet. Good, professional looking promo material and logo are priceless !!

Venue owners and other businessmen will not "get" your aesthetic message. They look at the state of the art commercial stuff. Then they look at your top, and see a trap box that looks like it was made in 1985…. Ouch  

I understand the reasoning behind your choices, but even as a non-business person I have to say the looks are not appealing at all. And regardless of your big following, a lot of people care about the looks very much!The Industrial/oldschool/DIY/freeparty aesthetics will inevitably cause great prejudice against your (supposedly) very high quality and performance product. Why shoot yourself (or your business) in the leg? 

Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

something like this maybe?  still has the raw metal look but just looks way more polished and pro

For me personally, If I'm paying a premium, it has to tick all boxes with sound and aesthetics.

Have to agree…… Why not let your product shine, and project the high performance, premium quality in it's outward appearance as well? 

By the way, why is it just "RC Audio", not "RC1 Audio"? What's the  story behind that?

Anyway, good luck with your business Jon! Except for my aesthetic gripes, I'm very intrigued with your products. Sadly I will probably not have an opportunity to experience them in a long time, if ever.. Cry
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 10:40am
Personally I feel they are good value! Speakers I've heard of a similar sound quality cost at least the same if not more...I'd be more than happy to buy the prototype just b3cause of the quality and volume of sound. I appreciate they are not the prettiest boxes but I'd still be more than happy to play out with them anytime
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 11:19am
the grills look like thev been tacked on with drawing pins,..as mentioned,,i bet they sound sweet,,propa a/b analog amps,,high power drivers all crossed at ther optimum,,but even black grills & screws would look better to hide any screws bend in grills etc,,but these are the proto types & like you say you could possibly change the colour on order,..but defo need to get to change them grills,.bet they sound sweet tho Nuke
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 11:52am
I take it active cooling refers to water cooling like in computers rather than a whopping strong fan that will interrupt with a drivers performance.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 11:58am
It says fluid cooling.... I remember a crazy german guy with a fully flh system, he used active fluid cooling, with pumps, pipes n all.....
mojofilters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojofilters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:10am
Whilst I'm not especially familiar with this name, I've enjoyed reading about interesting innovative British PA solutions in this thread.

Obviously I haven't heard these specific boxes, but it seems the SPL quoted combined with the high sound quality - would perhaps put this box in competition with the similarly compact KV2 ES system.

Looking at the price from that perspective, £3,000 per box appears to be rather good value.

Good luck with the new product, I hope I get a chance to hear it one day!

Edited by mojofilters - 15 January 2018 at 11:11am
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:30am
They will be powering Bristech at Lacota this weekend.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by mojofilters mojofilters wrote:

Whilst I'm not especially familiar with this name, I've enjoyed reading about interesting innovative British PA solutions in this thread.

Obviously I haven't heard these specific boxes, but it seems the SPL quoted combined with the high sound quality - would perhaps put this box in competition with the similarly compact KV2 ES system.

Looking at the price from that perspective, £3,000 per box appears to be rather good value.

much as i love the ES system, it does sound nice, its not 'that' loud, and sound quality goes rapidly down hill when you give it some beans. Not heard the RC1, but im not sure thats a fair comparison. They sound like completely different animals to me.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojofilters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

They will be powering Bristech at Lacota this weekend.

Opposite end of the country for me, unfortunately.

I hope folks are going to report back, for the benefit of those unable to attend.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

much as i love the ES system, it does sound nice, its not 'that' loud, and sound quality goes rapidly down hill when you give it some beans. Not heard the RC1, but im not sure thats a fair comparison. They sound like completely different animals to me.

These do sound very good at high volume, I have not heard the quality drop off.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

These do sound very good at high volume, I have not heard the quality drop off.

I have heard the KV2 at Mediatech in South Africa and it was one of the best sounding systems there. even at high volume it was good.

Rish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojofilters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 1:03pm
I was surprised at the criticism of ES too. We have a few KV2 rigs locally, all of which sound excellent - even when pushed.

The only problem I see with an ES system is the high price!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>