Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF BABY !!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCF BABY !!!!!!!!
    Posted: 23 April 2007 at 7:14pm
Bonjour people, just a quick question anyone know if i can use the RCF G series drivers in the 186.

not up for spending the money on them if they are goin to sound like sh*t, or blow UP.

i know that the RCF L 18 P300 is recommended by ROG on the plans, so i know that i might be able to use the G series but not intierly sure.

main reason i am up for loadin them with this driver is you will be able to run the driver at a K and a Half per cab, but not sure if they will take it.

PEACE
CABBAGE
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:55pm
I'd stick to recommended drivers if possible.. but if not you could compare the  recommended drivers T/S parameters with those of the  g series to see if they're similar. I doubt they are..
Two drivers being made by the same manafacturer are actually more likely to differ in their specs (and therefore suitability to a certain cab) than to be similar..when you think about it a given manafacturer will generally be trying to cover different applications within it's range rather than providing drivers with the same spec throughtout.

Don't quite get what you mean when you say you'll be able to run them at 1.5k per cab, but you don't know if they'll take it... If it's the primary reason for using them you want to be sure, no?
Cabbage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 9:15am
Ok mate i will comake some comparisons and make my choice from there.
looks like i am goin to wait an extra ferw weeks untill i can get the cash for four PD 186 drivers.
i have found out the responce of the RCF drivers is a lot slower than with the PD, and will create a less punchy base, than with the PD's.

cheers for your advise mate.

Peace
CABBAGE
 Post Reply Post Reply