Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF LF12x401 terminals.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCF LF12x401 terminals.
    Posted: 22 August 2019 at 9:34pm
Hi Guys.

Quick question.. Got my eyes set on some of these drivers, but from what i can see on RCFs website, its with spade terminals.
I can find alot of Google pictures from different dealers, were it is with push terminals. What should i count on to be correct? I really hate spade terminals !!!

Also, the spec sheet say single spider. But down further on the same spec sheet its stated to be a dual spider. Confuced a bit, i am LOL

Edited by FOO - 22 August 2019 at 9:36pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 9:49pm
probably depends if it is OEM spec or retail spec, personally i much prefer spades, then i can solder.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2019 at 10:06pm
Hmmm okay. Well, i guess a Email before purchase will be in its place then.

I cant stand spades. And I am afraid that a bad solder will show up in the middle of a gig, or the heat will damage the leads. Push terminals are my cup of tea :)

Going to stuff a couple of them in some MTH30 and see how they perform against Beyma 12lx60v2 and B&C 12nw100 :) 

Edited by FOO - 22 August 2019 at 10:07pm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 7:43am
then get someone to solder them who can solder properly - that way you will have a much more reliable joint than any other. Particularly when cabs are used outside the no.1 cause of bad connections are push terminals - crimps or solder joints will be far more reliable over the long term. As regards heat, again anyone who can solder properly will also be able to make the joint fast enough to avoid any damage due to heat - this is simply a non issue.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 9:08am
Soldering is just practice,  if you're not confident watch a few YouTube videos and practice on some spare wires and connectors.  You'll soon know when you've got it right.  Smile
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 11:30am
I am no newbie at soldering 🙂
But after years of use, i have seen my share of soldering joints that give up sooner or later. 
And I would hate to have a dead box on a gig, because of that.

Anyways, both terminal types are available. Just got a answer back from RCF 🙂
 Post Reply Post Reply