Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Access Panel On 186, Help Please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Access Panel On 186, Help Please?
    Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:37pm
Hey,

I'm Building Two 186's and I'm wondering what is the best way to incorporate some kind of handle to open the rear access panel.

I'm also wondering how to fix this rear panel, I was going to drill out some holes and set in some bolts in the frame where it fits. then countersink where the nuts can fit through the panel and into the bolts.

Ideas / pics would be appreciated, thanks. Will
BreakBeat!
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 6:40pm
this is the usual practice. 

bolt and tnuts in battens. 

unless your a cowboy. 
Silas )))))) View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 7:01pm
you can use those surface mounted spring loaded handles, but they have the tendency to break under the spring and they will rattle forever on.

I have build 4, and have never needed a handle, normally you can get it off without or by using the bolt for grip to pull it off.

Another way is to put the speakon sockets on the panel, then you can use a speakon plug as a handle. Although i personally like to put the sockets behind the compartment just below the driver chamber.

Use m6 t-nuts and bolts, when buying them make sure you buy the long bolts!  
power in the blood
_banksy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _banksy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 8:51pm
Thanks Guys, Problem Solved
BreakBeat!
 Post Reply Post Reply