Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend me a 'Radio' console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend me a 'Radio' console
    Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:24pm
Looking for a little advice from those way more knowledgable than me.

A little local charity in my area have asked if I can help to show a select group of disadvantaged kids how to have a bit of fun making their own dummy radio shows.

They have a few £ to spend on the kit, but as the budget runs in the tens rather than hundreds every penny counts and I'd hate to see them go and blow the lot on unsuitable kit so I offered to help.

Now, I have a couple of old turntables and a mic to donate and can lay my hands on a choice of tatty twin CD/controller combos from the various 'Cash Convertor' type places in Reading Town but I strongly believe alot of the fun in making a radio show comes from driving the mixer.

In the good old days I'd have just turned to a Citronic SM607, but I've pretty much given up looking for one of those for myself (at any cost), let alone within a charity budget, so what else should I look for for them?

Any recommedations?, the SM607 sets the bar, so I'm looking for something similar in style - i.e. 19" max (height is unlimited), nothing console wide which would need to sit across the front of the decks - what else was there out there?.

I know there was the Soundout Clubmaster, which apart from the one I pointed Martin towards a few yeas ago I've never seen so they seem to be a rare as hens teeth, any suggestions?, anything with the lovely 100mm faders???

Open to suggestions please...... 
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:29pm
There was someone that replied to one of my post'd that had a clubmaster sat in his garage but for the life of me I can't think who it was.
If you'd have had some more funds I'd have suggested an Alice production mixer but again hard to find.
what about one of the early Numarks DM1875/1835/1820 can be had very cheap (although you may have to change some faders) I picked one up for a tenner not so long ago worked a treat after some switch cleaner.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 9:50pm
Failing that if you were just going to use CD's there's nothing stopping you using a pa desk, most have some stereo inputs.
or what about a Formula sound PM80
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply