Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recommendadtion for RCF  L15P801 and  L15P200A?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendadtion for RCF L15P801 and L15P200A?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendadtion for RCF L15P801 and L15P200A?
    Posted: 03 August 2007 at 12:52pm
Hi,

I do have the wo speakers and I want to bulid a (mono) sub for use @home on the terrace which means that a bit of bass fundament should be there.

Any suggestions on which enclosure to take?

Thanks a lot.
lovaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 11:50am
EBP = Fs / Qes speaker with little EBP are more suitable for closed box high EBP for vented box, very high EBP for horn load; i think that this driver is also in the ISD program (http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisd) database (EBP=180 for the L15P801)  
LOVAZ AUDIO
jwka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 5:44pm
Thanks for the hint, will try out the software.

However, I would be interested in results of others. Anyone here already used one of that speakers?
Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 10:05pm
Hi, I traded my L15P801s to a friend who successfully built up a pair of reflex boxes out of it, tuning around 45 Hz, sounded lovely.

Anyway, this chassis is a great midrange speaker that I used in a horn drumfill, from 100 to 900 Hz. With a closed back chamber and a 38cm long 50°-horn with a mouth of 56x56cm it is my most brutal drum monitor ever. I still use it, now with an RCF MB15N351.

(Even death metal drummers cry for mercy after this !)

EAW and GAE use it in 15/2-monitors.

Mike Severloh.
 Post Reply Post Reply