Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reggae pre amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:52pm
Happy b'day gents! When both your systems out & about again ? Levy's dying to hear them. Wink

Edited by Tekasis - 14 July 2008 at 9:55pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Happy b'day gents! When both your systems out & about again ? Levy's dying to hear them. Wink

Things are a bit quiet at the moment and i've rebuilt most of the preamp so hopefully get to test it sometime soon. Big%20smile

btw i'm dying to hear Levys set!
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
Beez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 5:41pm
fable next out with free king sound(norwich) in southend on 16th august. it's been posted on this forum..

http://speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18229

http://www.myspace.com/fablesoundsystem

jaybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2014 at 10:40pm
hi 4x4 how did you get on with the weight and tops converison, i have been looking to build this preamp for ages any chance you could post the circuit diagram? or do you know where i could get hold of it Star
cuttinraza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 8:41pm
Yo! U had this barracuda eh??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 8:44pm

I've had a few Baracuda pre amps over the years & remember that one of the knobs on it used to sweep his tops which had a slight phasing sound to it, wanted to know, would that be called some type of Parametric ? 

The JTS ones never had that, well not yet anyway.

Years ago & even nowadays, people used to say JTS & Bara should have a built one together as the Baras played & sounded the crisses but JTS sounded the Heaviest.

The 3 or 4-way pre's U build mskeete, do that have a type of phasing sound on your tops, or didn't U opt for that design ?

I know most pre's have something on the bass end, I call it bass hardener/deepener, is this what's called the parametric on the bass ?

A bredrin of mine has a pre amp made by "Errol T", some of you may not heard of him. His pre had an EQ on it with sliders which was very rare. When adjusted the higher freqs on the EQ it also sounded like it was phasing too.

It still sounds good up to today.

Repect mskeete, I'll be over the Rec to hear K Shiloh in session, hope they turn up this time. Where's the website where we can see some specs on your pre's. Also new year a come, don't forget about the effects unit.

Cheers. 

Yo bud u had ur handz one one of these?? Bless

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuttinraza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2016 at 8:49pm
Mskeete my friend u is this the pre u refering too bro??

=mskeete]

I've had a few Baracuda pre amps over the years & remember that one of the knobs on it used to sweep his tops which had a slight phasing sound to it, wanted to know, would that be called some type of Parametric ? 

Some of his designs have a 5-way section of volume controls (although the outputs were 3/4 way). I don't think that phasing between the last knob and the knob before it was intentional but I think there was a parametric knob as well on the tops

The JTS ones never had that, well not yet anyway.

I've often wondered why tubby's never had a parametric on the tops section

Years ago & even nowadays, people used to say JTS & Bara should have a built one together as the Baras played & sounded the crisses but JTS sounded the Heaviest.

Rumour has it that tubby's learnt from barracuda. I don't know if tubbys just looked at barracudas stuff or if they actually sat down together

The 3 or 4-way pre's U build mskeete, do that have a type of phasing sound on your tops, or didn't U opt for that design ?

nope. plain old parametrics on the tops (expect the minipre)

I know most pre's have something on the bass end, I call it bass hardener/deepener, is this what's called the parametric on the bass ?

yes. I have a friend in scotland also refers to it as a hardener

A bredrin of mine has a pre amp made by "Errol T", some of you may not heard of him. His pre had an EQ on it with sliders which was very rare. When adjusted the higher freqs on the EQ it also sounded like it was phasing too.

It still sounds good up to today.

I'll have to hear that one day.

I'll be over the Rec to hear K Shiloh in session, hope they turn up this time.

Yes, K Shiloh don't have much luck when it comes to brixton Rec

first time, the place eas flooded

second time, problems with the power meant no one could play loud

third time, I got to hear them

four time, I was on my door step about to step into my friends car when I found out Neil was ill and they were'nt coming

Spoke to Neil during the week and they have every intention of being there. Hope it all goes smoothly this time

Where's the website where we can see some specs on your pre's. Also new year a come, don't forget about the effects unit.

Cheers. 

http://mostec.co.uk/electronics/preamps.htm A few things missing from the page and it's in need of a serious update. This year has gone too quick for me. might have to give up that day job...
[/QUOTE]
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 8:47am
any feedback on the ligwa pre's ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678