Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REGGAE ROAST SOUNDSYSTEM LAUNCH PARTY, AUG 10th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REGGAE ROAST SOUNDSYSTEM LAUNCH PARTY, AUG 10th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by DSTAR DSTAR wrote:

All Lev asked was "Is the system a Reggae System or A PA system" and the Scoop bashing Began.

"Scoops - Distortion"
"Scoops - Worst Design ever"
and all the other negative comments that were said.

I own scoops, horn loaded subs as well as reflex subs and all I have to say when I do an event I take with me the appropriate tools to do the appropriate job.  I don't turn up to a dance event or a rock convert with scoops trying to tell the rock fans this is how their genre of music should sound or be played.

If I were a scoop I would be rather chuffed as it seems as if I'm the cab that everyone uses as a benchmark to decide if they are a good cab or not.  As it was said in this post "it was a scoop system that the Terra Horns were tested against/compared to in the country side. Not a reflex or horn loaded or any other system

I have always maintained that a well built Scoop would make a very good sub under any PA system. It's just the way the PA Fraternity chooses its cabs that negates the Scoop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910