Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REGGAE ROAST SOUNDSYSTEM LAUNCH PARTY, AUG 10th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REGGAE ROAST SOUNDSYSTEM LAUNCH PARTY, AUG 10th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 1:47pm
Anyone else going? it's on now

I'll be peddling off soon along the canal to find it
Mykey Wattco
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 2:25pm
Sadly have to go pickup kit from Heathrow in 30 :(
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 6:37pm

Mykey Wattco
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 6:46pm
have 51 and pd 1852 been try ed in these?
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 7:18pm
My new phone has a pretty good Mic

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1702697179956397&set=o.1442476656014497&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

Edited by KidCreole - 10 August 2014 at 7:36pm
Mykey Wattco
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 7:30pm
Mykey Wattco
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

My new phone has a pretty good Mic

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1702697179956397&set=o.1442476656014497&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

Throllocks !!!

Meant to try and reach this - wound up chasing a event that got switched venue cos of rain/hurricane and never even got there. Doh ......

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 7:56pm
Enough weed in the air to knock out a bull elephant

The toaster/mc in the yellow was awesome...........who was it?
Mykey Wattco
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 8:03pm
What did you think of the sound Mykey?
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 8:23pm
Well they were playing 45's when I arrived and there was no top end. Later on the top end arrived a little better with cd's

The system needs upper bass definitely. When I first saw the system, on here years ago I did think to myself how is the mid going to cope. Well it was just as I expected, it needs upper bass (kick) wedged in between the subs and the mids.

These bins in my eyes are far to clean for reggae. They were that clean that you thought they could have gone up a lot more. Well according to Bee (who i went with) the PKN was just clipping so they were up. At 10 feet eyeballs wobbling from 4 bins on one side. Would have been scary as a mono stack. Split into two for the band I would expect.

The subs were doing everything that each track was giving them, but unfortunately the tracks weren't giving low enough notes for the subs.

Dance floor area was pounding but 50ft away hardly anything. When you left the marquee top it dropped off dramatically. I mentioned to Bee that it could have something to do with the empty canal 'troff' in between us. And it might have been better if the subs were laid on their sides rather than upright  

The subs are very fast and very clean. Would like to hear them with a different genre of music

For me it needs a brighter top end, maybe a coax along the lines of the Tannoy VQ.  kick, sub. Mid wasn't quite balanced in volume I though

Gramps did mention that the desk was knew to him, and It's their first time out with it. After a few hours with it it will be purring like a Rolls

Mykey Wattco
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 8:44pm
I think that's fair and spot on.

The bass was clean and hi-fi - I didn't much like the selection: nothing was played that tested the low end if you ask me. No proper steppers while I was there that could test the upper bass a bit and I kept waiting for them to turn it up - must have had some room to go.

The bass in the tent was tight, smooth and powerful (not what you'd call a reggae sound) and, yeah, it did drop off at about 50yrds but if you sat up in the boat bar you could still feel it. I think those horns had a lot more to give.

I didn't notice the difference in the tops when the vinyl came on but I was okay with the high end. Actually found it a very relaxing and flat system to listen to. Spot on about the kick though - big tune disco would have been interesting.

Notice the lack of pre-amp? Also was PKN running the Terras?

Big up Gramps - lovely spot, very interesting and beautiful sounding system, lovely people and nice food.

S
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 8:55pm
Well unfortunately, I wasn't there, but with mention of Reggae, I'm not sure whether a Horn cab will ever be the right sound. Technically it might tick all the right boxes, but in spite of how big the horns might be, I think the sound will always be a bit tight irrespective of whether the cab gets down. Good low clean bass from a horn will always be irresistible for PA guys, but rough and dirty seems to suit other sounds better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>