Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing old logos from hex flight cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing old logos from hex flight cases
    Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:55pm
What do people recommend to remove paint/sprayed on logos to standard hex flight case walls? Any magic elixir which cuts it off without marking the panels?
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:58pm
Gunwash
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:19pm
Looks like gunwash typically contains toluene so just be careful with it if you go that route, not the nicest solvent.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:36am
I use a diesel jet wash.

If your in Frome pop over my yard and use mine if you need.

Nitromores will get the paint off, but it’s cleaning in the million little gaps. 

J

Edited by jacethebase - 13 May 2020 at 8:37am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

Looks like gunwash typically contains toluene so just be careful with it if you go that route, not the nicest solvent.

Brilliant stuff, love the smell! Wacko
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 1:30pm
If you ever have the option to thrown Gun wash on a car to see the paint basically dissolve it’s very satisfying.

Recommend a scrap car.....

www.stage2sound.com
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:42pm
I imagine PeelAway may work well too?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I use a diesel jet wash.

Nitromores will get the paint off, but it’s cleaning in the million little gaps. 

J

still need to collect those mic stands we bought! Pregnancy going into lockdown meant i never made it West to come see you. Asked Luke to grab them if he sees you but seems that hasn't happened either. Not like there's any events which need them currently though....

cheers for the tips everyone, will start with water, and work my way up the scale. Have access to some industrial machines in the village.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
jjpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:48pm
if normal spray paint, cellulose thinner on a rag.

john
The music is only to loud when it's distorted!!!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I use a diesel jet wash.

J

still need to collect those mic stands we bought! Pregnancy going into lockdown meant i never made it West to come see you. Asked Luke to grab them if he sees you but seems that hasn't happened either. Not like there's any events which need them currently though....

cheers for the tips everyone, will start with water, and work my way up the scale. Have access to some industrial machines in the village.

You going to be a Dad Pat???

That really is Adulting the shit out of it! Congrats dude :) Life begins when you have your first. Good on you!

The Mic stands are here nice and safe waiting.

J

www.stage2sound.com
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:13pm
Yep mini ginge on the horizon.. congrats 
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 3:36am
Blimey, congrats!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>