Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rice & Peas Sound Check 28th Nov 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:36am
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:38am
You got some good pics tweet Thumbs Up Whenever my camera came out bodies rushed infront of the stacks! I've seen some nice pictures of some of your set on SP, When are you getting it out next? Would love to hear the turbomax loaded shorties Smile
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:36am

cheers man, only just got the set completed

pics were taken by the promoter

turbos!! who said anything about turbos? Wink

dont member seeing u for the short while i was there?
hopefully ill be in rice n peas soundcheck in the next few months (hint hint promoter) Smile

hows ur sound coming on? decided what ur getting yet?

Edited by tweeter box - 30 November 2010 at 10:38am
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:47am
just wondering, what's the idea behind an eco scoop? what makes it eco?
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Ligwa said the ECO means value for money!! (very affordable), he's looking to take over the scoop market, check him on his prices, you'll be surprised!! I was.................
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:03am
I was on the other side of the room when I spotted you, we got there around 7 so not sure how much longer you were there for. I had a little chat with one of the guys there about getting in....apparantly there's a fairly big waiting list! My sound's alright, between me and the other guy in our sound we have 8 loaded scoops so size-wise it's ok but i'm saving for some new boxes and drivers. Had a sound for years but now i'm going to change the subs and scoops once and for all Smile. Hopefully securing a venue round my way soon to hold some fings in so if you wana get your set out i'll give you a shout once it gets sorted.  
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Ligwa said the ECO means value for money!! (very affordable), he's looking to take over the scoop market, check him on his prices, you'll be surprised!! I was.................

ah ok, so economical, not ecological.

Vibration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 2:06pm
Thanks To Everyone who came out to show there support pic now uploaded

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=260728&l=e4c632b082&id=269170852479
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 3:02pm
Shocked Lood Gad!! Some hardware there bwoy...

ClapKeep up the good work AV Promotions Clap

Edited by RENSAAB - 30 November 2010 at 3:03pm
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

You got some good pics tweet 

Thumbs Up - but edit & straighten up the last 2 t/box!

Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

Clap Keep up the good work AV Promotions Clap 

Yeah man! Wicked!

the action, variations & differences get's better month by month // hope everybody ah pay fi keep dis ting running! Wink
Still waiting for an up & coming system to come in here & blitz the place & shock everyone! LOL

Wha'pen to the up North systems? why they don't enter ? Killawatts Sounds! Paulus! Adrian's Wall, any system with Hog scoops, Ultimate, send down some of ya scoops etc...
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Gee136 Gee136 wrote:

This event is where all soundsystem fans should attend!!

It's all about the sound system equipment & the way the sound man uses it!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Most Definately Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good.

When I reached, one of the other systems was playing & must have played over their time, then I heard the noise effects from a system which looked very impressive like straight outta Yard!

I couldn't believe the clarity, & tought to myself, wicked! this is going to be an interesting night & they must sound the best tonight out all in here!

Then they signed on, the music didn't come over like the effects, so I reckon removal of some of the gear, some proper tuning & more powerful amps would do the trick!  I don't even mind if the piezo's stay! So long as they're crossed over very high. 

Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Something must have been definately wrong as I've never heard 4 x Shortman full scoops sound so bad! Even with Fane XB's in!

Might have to link up Levy with them. Wink

Edited by Tekasis - 30 November 2010 at 8:07pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
SURFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SURFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 8:53pm
LORD HAVE MERCY............!  YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME WITH JOKE, ABOUT RAPTURE STREET SOUND.MIND YOU LOT DONT MEK DE BOSS FI DE SOUND KILL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!LOLCry
NOW, IS SIR MARCUS & JAH MARCUS THE SAME SOUND?????????
AND WHAT WAR WAS CHIN HI-POWER IN, WITH ALL THAT HARDWARE????Ouch 
AT THE END OF THE DAY, DE TRUTH IS DE TRUTH
BUT ONCE AGAIN RESPECT TO AV PROMOTERSThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>