Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rig build for 50-100 people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rig build for 50-100 people
    Posted: 07 January 2020 at 3:28pm
Hello I’m new to building sound systems/rigs and would like some help to point me towards some ideas to build a rig to power a party of 50-100 people and that wouldn’t cost me loads of money, the Quality of the sound doesn’t have to be amazing. Some help would be appreciated
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 3:30pm
hellbent on building?

for little rigs, you'd get more bang for buck buying used commercial stuff.

pair of 10 or 12" reflex tops with a sub or two, 4channel amp, done. Will fit in a car too.
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 3:37pm
Let me add some more information, I’m currently building 2 Cubo kicks, I found some plans for it on another website but i want it to be bigger than two of them, I was looking at some designs of some hog scoops and I was thinking that would be better 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 3:41pm
lets ignore the 50-100 people bit then Cool
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 3:47pm
Sorry mate I’m new to all this so I don’t really know what amount of power can run a party that size, are hog scoops not good powerful enough for a party that big? I’m not to sure my self how many people are going to turn up to this atm it’s looking like a 100+. So I’m trying to make sure I have enough sound to power it all
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 4:01pm
its more than big enough! all depends what you're trying to achieve.

im guessing you want a sound system stack, to achieve high volume heavy bass, like a free party rig.

The requirements for that are very different to 50-100 people in a normal hire environment.

scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 4:09pm
Yep spot on. Litrally what I’m trying to achieve, everyone loves a free party and heavy bass is the aim 
Justjake303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 2:48pm
I'm unsure if you want to build from scratch for the experience or if your looking for a ready to go system but I have a plug and play opus system ready and raring to go that was how I got started with sound hire and partying with my own setup. easily adaptable so you can leave 2 of the bins at home and one amp to save lumping them around for smaller venues or private parties. I've listed it on Ebay but remember the price on Ebay is taking Ebay fees into consideration so there is a fair bit of flexibility. Have a search see what ya think.
scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 10:11pm
Do you have a link?
Justjake303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 10:55pm
scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 12:15am
To be honest mate I’m not looking to spend that type of money on  soundsystem, just for the fact that there is  high chance it will get taken and destroyed...
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 12:25am
hogs are massive cabinets for moving around to little parties. also not so fun on stairs.
The X1 were always interesting (the design has been around for a good 15 years now) in that they're great in small numbers indoors. easily aligned with hd15, probably cubo kicks also. An older design but one that does have use in small parties and is scaleable.
You're welcome to build but the UK is full of second hand rig, easy enough to buy something 2nd hand for less money. a good rule of thumb is open source design bass and branded commercially used cabinets for the mid high section as they will have the option of passive crossovers, keeping amp and crossover channels to a minimum aswell as cabling.

a couple of friends recently got 8 tham15s together and they are an effective compromise on size/low cut off/weight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>