Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RLA vs Funktion One

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 1:09am
I think i am done with this topic.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 1:25am
Originally posted by jetace99 jetace99 wrote:

That's a shame. I don't know of any other RLA systems still operating. Martian Audio SUCKS ASS. Worst systems I ever heard.
Hmmm:

and other years too.
It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 1:46am

The only reason you answered this was to promote your lame ass company. 

Really? I am here since 2005 and i need to promote my lame ass company at a place where everyone know me?
But you joned yesterday and you think you know shit.
I can already smell your short life on this forum.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 1:59am
Ah, the ol' flaming...... Sometimes it hurts to watch. Lol
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 2:14am
wow
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 2:35am
Dont think iv ever seen someone blow up like that before ... at least not on this forum. 
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 6:23am

BLOW ME. I TAKE THAT BACK, YOU GUYS MIGHT ENJOY THAT TOO MUCH!!! LMFAO ROFLClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Slay Queen in the House after two posts you killed it Confused
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 8:23am
Two idiots removed in one go.

Be seeing you.
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Two idiots removed in one go.

Did you take a look at the ip addresses used by anhy chance, probs not really woth the effort but bet they matched.
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 9:02pm
RLA sound systems and the close copies by SBS and GSA are/were awesome. The crossover is unlike standard crossovers. Pioneer also sells a close copy. These systems are/were overkill for their rooms. Balls to the Walls.
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 4:20pm
Pioneer bought up GSA. There is an oversized system in berlin which Laurin was brought in to tune after the club changed hands. He did a great job, but there are some inherent design flaws to the RLA approach which no amount of tuning can fix.

Having come of age in NYC where I got to listen to a variety of these stack-style systems, what I can offer about them is that they tend to indeed have a nice warm sound. Accurate they are not. The sound is different everywhere on the floor, even if overall pleasing.

Why? None of the different horns ever really combine cohesively due to acoustic centers being too far apart and supposedly coupled or arrayed elements fight each other through comb filtering. Due to the stack heights (just look at how tall those Stereo stacks are!), the mids and highs are often shooting over the listeners heads, forcing one to mix up the lows form the closest stacks and everything else from across the room when considering which sound makes it to the ears first. For being horns, the stack designs don't really encourage installers to aim the speakers at the audience. The GSA/Pioneer double lens horns for the highs would probably benefit from the top one being turned off and the lower angled downward.

Crossovers were mentioned early in the thread. These systems employed two types. The first was the standard xover in the amp rack to divvy up the low mid, mids, and highs, and these were nothing too esoteric. Rane and BSS were used for many of the analog systems, and whichever digital drive rack as time went on. The second xover was installed for the dj to use as an effect. This had a knob for controlling the volume going ot the sub amps, one going ot hte aforementioned amp rack xovers, and one for controlling the volume going to tweeter amps. Compression drivers during the RLA time did not play particularly high, so just like dub/reggae systems, various tweeters extended the high frequency range of the system.

These stack systems were initially designed before touring systems had developed adequate multi-way arrayable cabinets, but there are different options today. Given how much the stack systems cost, I would venture that modern horn designs with whichever analog boutique electronics unit to fuzzy up the sound would yield a better result for installs, and these massive modular stack systems of yore are nonstarters for mobile systems.

Jensen123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jensen123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2019 at 2:43am
These are all great sounding systems, but it's kinda comical that Martin wins award for copying an RLA system. There's even a Levan Sub extension. At least Funktion One designed some original stuff in there designs and I mean some.... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>