Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robe Silverscan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

Nice but.... no one specs scans. So why would a hire company invest in something no one wants?

Coloursound still have robe 575xt scans and a handful of trackspots, which have earned their keep years ago, but they only ever go out on ”stage z” at festivals - the ones that only need a couple of wagglers - on weekends when you are really scraping the back corner of the warehouse for a gig.

But buying new scans in 2019? Maybe for an instal, or a mobile DJ who loves the kit. Not a very big market...

have a few clay paky spheriscan- made plenty of money out of them
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

a set of 4 miniscan HPE’s for < £300.

That must be the white ones, which have been for sale for getting on 2 years I think!  

Indeed they are. I keep on looking and they will ship them too me as well

Just as a thought, does anybody know if I can swap around the hanging bracket on a MiniScan so it’s on the mirror side of the unit, rather than the back?

Yes - the hanging bracket is totally removable, so there isnt anything to stop you moving it back to front.

Brill

I still need to finish the LED conversion on mine, as they are power hungry little beasts. The Blue Room has an interesting thread on the conversion. The nights I run are 'retro' so having original era correct lighting is a bonus

I want the 300w discharge in there and, if I got some, would run decent power to them, but I am not technically minded at all so would need someone to be my "lighting guy/lady" that I could pass them to when they break. I did a gig recently where I had my Chauvet scanners up and the AV crew put in a 250w discharge Robe moving head. The Robe was brighter, but not by a massive amount, but some of the colours were significantly better on the Robe. I like scanners, I just want better ones. Whether or not the MiniScans on ebay are them, I don't know.
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 9:14am
For all those people running Miniscans you can more than half the power consumption by applying power factor correction. A 35 microfarad pf capacitor placed between the L and N inlets will do this. Back in the days where i had dozens of miniscans we made up a load of suitable boxes to do this and it made powering the rigs significantly easier.

Ive got no idea why clay Paky never did this themselves, i guess it would have made the case slightly larger but only slightly.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

For all those people running Miniscans you can more than half the power consumption by applying power factor correction. A 35 microfarad pf capacitor placed between the L and N inlets will do this. 

I have a mate who’s an electronics engineer so he’d be able to do this. I might have to take a punt on the ones on eBay. Take it the lamps are still available?
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 10:26am

Take it the lamps are still available?

Google HTI300 - prices vary between £30 and £100 
londonavc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 4:39pm
Hey
Ive seen the Silver Scan in use at Plasa, great effect but the price tag will be serious to.

According to this link could be RRP price its 5000 euros:

https://ees.es/catalogo/robe-lighting/silverscan/

Have used many scanners, you might want to consider following:

Eurolite LED TSL 1200 (120w) £400 - £500

Martin Rush Scanner 1 (90w) £880 - £1000

Showtec Shark Scan One (100w) £325 - £400

Chauvet 305 Scans/Barrels (60w) £400

Ive used the TSL 1200 and its impressive to say the least!!!

Hope this helps.

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2019 at 5:25pm
That does indeed help a lot! Thank you 😊 

5,000€ is well out of my price range. 

I’ve got the Chauvet 305 scans at the moment so it was something better than them that I was looking for. Brighter, motorised focus and easily inter-changeable gobos essentially. Have you seen the Martin in action? The LED is 50% more powerful, but I don’t know how that relates to light on the dance floor, especially when the rest of the optics is taken into consideration. The Eurolite looks like great value too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12