Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rough cost for someone to design and make 2 mid/hi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rough cost for someone to design and make 2 mid/hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rough cost for someone to design and make 2 mid/hi
    Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:25pm
I'm wondering roughly how much it'd cost for someone to design and make me a pair of extremely high power mid/high frequency speaker cabinets with side by side 12" drivers and a 1.4" compression driver 60 x 40 degree horn flare. They're to be used with 4 double 18" subs and the mid/highs will never be used below 80hz as they'll always be crossed off about 90-100hz. 

The drivers I was thinking about are the Beyma 12P80Nd V2 12" drivers and BMS 4554 compression drivers on P-Audio PH305 60 x 40 horn flares. I'm wanting an estimate price for cabinets painted, with handles, speakon sockets and grilles excluding drivers which I will supply, thanks. 
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:51pm
Where are you based? And what type of cabinet are you looking for? Reflex mids or horn loaded?
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:55pm
BMS 4554 wont be happy in a 2x 12" box. It will survive, but will be the limiting bandwidth by far. Look for a "real" 1,4" CD with a 3" VC.
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 8:00pm
To be honest i'd prefer horn loaded but I don't have an unlimited amount of money i'll have about £1,600 to spend. I'm based in Boston in Lincolnshire, what 1.4" or maybe 2" compression driver would you reccommend? 

What about one of these compression drivers in each speaker with 2" horn flares.

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 17 March 2018 at 8:06pm
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 8:22pm
There are many used pro audio speakers that would fit your budget and have much better resale value than a DIY solution
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 8:25pm
peter morris diy90 using 12ndl76+hf950+nd950/de1090tn?
should be doable within your budget.. most efficient compact diy top i am aware of..

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 8:59pm
You say high power..Any particular reason for mid/top opposed to dedicated mid bass kick section and high mid/top? Dedicated mid bass section with mid top would be the higher power option.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

should be doable within your budget.. most efficient compact diy top i am aware of..

Good shout.. personally id go with the pm60. Complete skeptic when it comes to 90 degree cd horns, to me ive never heard one actually do 90degs, line of sight 60 degree is all ive experienced with them.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 9:20pm
Having said that its not a trap cab so suppose it makes no odds.

Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

Good shout.. personally id go with the pm60. Complete skeptic when it comes to 90 degree cd horns, to me ive never heard one actually do 90degs, line of sight 60 degree is all ive experienced with them.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 1:21am
As far as I've heard, the HF950 is a pretty nice horn (and I'm going to use it myself).
XT1496 is also nice, but definitely doesn't have the coverage of the HF950.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 6:05pm
I'm wanting to splay two mid/highs together on top of my four double 18" subs so a 90 degree speaker isn't gonna be good due to horrendous comb filtering.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

There are many used pro audio speakers that would fit your budget and have much better resale value than a DIY solution

It's just finding them though i'll have the money in about July or August so i'm trying to plan ready for then, I keep searching ebay to see what comes up but not a hell of a lot seems to come up of that power that doesn't cost thousands and thousands. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>