Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running in speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running in speakers
    Posted: 30 May 2019 at 3:14pm
Hiya

I’m very shortly going to be the proud owner of a brand new pair of OHM (is it Ooh Aitch Em or Ohm?!) BRS-12 subs. 

I’ve never owned a pair of brand new speakers before and I was just wondering if they need running in a bit before using them at gig volume? If so, what’s the best way? Couple of hours at background level would be easiest for me, but would that be sufficient?
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:52pm
no, just get on with it
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

no, just get on with it

👍
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:01pm
The louder you run them, the quicker you'll 'run them in' LOL

That's not to say they won't change slightly after a bit of running.  New drivers do need a bit of loosening up but the best way to do it is just to use them.
 Post Reply Post Reply