Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S18H Build Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 1:46pm
The build is very fast and easy. I have finished two and coated them in Herculiner (insanely durable stuff!) (http://www.herculiner.com/) and have been using them quite a bit. They are pretty big but that's not a problem for me. They honk a little bit past ~120-130 hz but I think that's because I still haven't got the 45 degree reflectors in them yet. I am planning on another pair since I have the drivers sitting around collecting dust. Also planning on a HD215 or two on top of each pair so I might not even bother with the reflectors. Overall I love the bass these make.
Make it loud!
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:27pm
  The design reminds me of the old HH concert bins and nice build by the way. Clap 
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:15pm
I was thinking of buildings one or two ,not a lot information on it ,look,s to have more output than a BR
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:26pm

Right before I got the corners on. (sorry for the blurry pic)
Make it loud!
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:39pm
Nice,i will be using it as a sub and a 1/12 for mid,s,high,s cross at 150 Hr,s
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:40pm
Lol Hz,s
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 10:44pm
Yes. A pair of these spanks a 2-18" BR. About double the size (cu. ft.) though.
Make it loud!
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:32pm
Yes,i looked at the plan and Fr at B&C and it look,s good to me .besides i have a friend that has a 18 eg i need to blow out of the water
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Audio_AL Audio_AL wrote:

The holes in the brace next to the driver is necessary to prevent uneven air pressure on either side of the cone. The rest of the holes are for weight saving. Probably saved an unnoticeable amount but its better than nothing. As for strength, it is not compromised in any way detrimental to the cabs strength. Holes running perpendicular to the panel being braced only compromises the braces strength when being twisted. No such forces will be exerted on the internals of a cab. (If there is you have other problems LOL) If you think about it the outer panels are only going to flex in and out. These braces should prevent that nicely.

As always, it's good to see what peoples perception of all things acoustic are. Al, when you mention uneven pressure, with all the bits looking pretty symmetrical to me, what makes things uneven?
Audio_AL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audio_AL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

...with all the bits looking pretty symmetrical to me, what makes things uneven?

Paranoia mostly. Brace wasn't smack center. On my next pair I am going to make them solid and see if there is any measurable/detectable difference.
Make it loud!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 12:39am
Solid will be best, what you have there as a brace is the equivalent of making it out of thin sticks. When it comes to uneven pressure, consider what the cone is looking into. A lot of Horn cabs start out with uneven pressure regarding loading the cone. You can also deal for this with balance compensators across the mouth of the baffle.
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 12:53am
Care to post some pics? Btw you sell B&C (Tony) ? .do you think at a game in using the TBW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>