Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sales of the century

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 10:55am
I bought a pair of B&W speakers from the tip for £2.00. I got them home only to find one bass driver blown. I sold the other bass driver on Ebay for a tenner but the guy complained the coil was rubbing (It wasn't I checked it before listing). Anyway I just refunded him, so at this point I'm about £7.00 down.

The tweeters were kicking around the workshop for a year or so, before I got round to listing them on the Bay. I checked them on Saturday evening before my gig and was very surprised to see the top bid at £50.00 with a couple of hours to go.

On return from the gig I was even more surprised. A guy in Belgium had won the auction, at £155.00. He had already paid so I shipped them on Monday. His feedback showed he was happy as Larry.

Me too!!!
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2016 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

£150 for:

3 off Quad (Sound Associates) 520C Power Amplifiers (needed recapping PSU=£70)
1 off JBL 3678 (bass mid 2226h 15" for cinema centre channel)
2 off JBL 2425 2" HF
2 off JBL 2392 Horns
Realistic 4 chn mixer (junk but worked)
Pioneer 100 Disc CD player
2 x Sun))) 1x12 Floor Monitors
2 x 70's 1x12" Full range cabs
3 x QSC Octal based Plug-in modules, into a 1U panel for active X-over at 800Hz (L-C-R set-up)

All working!

I require your sources
EBAY!!!!

Some storage co. had a non paid account, so ebay version of storage hunters.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 1:55pm
The early days of Ebay were great,back in 2000/2001 etc. Some good bargains then,before everyone got greedy.
Be seeing you.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 2:01pm
My stuff was only 2-3 years ago, guy hadn't got a clue what he had, and the pictures and description were awful.

He made more of the Sun))) 1x12 wedges, rather than the rack (forgot to mention the 20U steel rack on castors!!) full of amps and processing, or the JBL stuff!

As I turned up, he was getting phone calls, for cash offers over twice what I paid, but the guy just wanted his storage space (1/2 a 40ft container) clear.

Didn't know, and didn't care.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 12:55pm
so.. a few years and a pandemic later and quite some firesales later. any great deals had? 

In 2023 i bought 
- 4 goldenscan 3's for 90 euro
- 2 pristine Stage accompany E24's for 200 euro
and in 2022 ....
- 4 sl1200's in dire condition for 250 euro's. including factory slipmats and covers. sold two for 400 and refurbished the other for around 100 so got 'm for free.. 

teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 1:54pm
MC2 E45 and E25 for 400 the pair

James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 4:07pm
I bought a hazebase base hazer pro in an Amptown flightcase for £75 last week, the bottle of haze that came with it was worth £40 alone

Bargains still to be had on eBay if you look, but a lot of overpriced dross to wade through 
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 4:26pm
And local Facebook marketplace ads tend to be Amazing. Last week my brother bought a mint vox foundation bass head and cab including all hardware for… 10 euro’s.. the owner played it in the early seventies and couldn’t let it untill they were moving to a smaller appartment.

Edited by Bams - 24 January 2024 at 4:13pm
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2024 at 1:58pm
I bought an immaculate matched pair of 414XLS for £80
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2024 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I bought an immaculate matched pair of 414XLS for £80
somebody didn’t know what he had in hands than. Still amazed but happy people don’t Google first.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2024 at 10:45am
Not me, but many years ago a guy I knew found - and bought -  a pair of Tannoy GRF (corner units, perhaps?)  along with drivers for £50 iirc in a junk shop. Being pre-internet the seller just thought they were some crappy old hifi furniture pieces that nobody would want. The buyer worked in the music industry and recognised them immediately and their potential worth. Even if the drivers hadn't been present an working the cabs alone  were worth a fortune.

Edited by jazomir - 25 January 2024 at 10:47am
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
incasoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incasoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2024 at 10:04pm
Ebay 2021; 4 x martin (tasco) 215mk1 and 4 Mega of London 4560 copies. Paid 120£ for the lot, the rig was restored as a lockdown project and later sold to chris hewitt who seems to be doing really well with his pink floyd rig recreations and exhibitions. Oh aye and it was loaded with 12" 15" fane drivers :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>