Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samson S1500 volume pot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samson S1500 volume pot
    Posted: 08 February 2018 at 6:38pm
Hi,
I have a Samson S1500 with a faulty channel 2, i traced the fault to a broken volume pot on front of the amp.

The pot has broken of the input board and the channel 2 is not receving the input signal,using an amp in parralel mode confirms that output stage is working so i want to replce the pot but it has no markings other than VR401.

You can see the input board and broken pot on the picture.The pot has 41 steps. I measured the total resistance is 9.98kOhm. Can anyone tell me what is the apropriate replacement.

Thanks.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 7:37pm
10KΩ from what you've measured.
Is there nothing printed on the back of the pot at all?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Radeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 8:08pm
Nothing usefull

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 8:31pm
AFAIK these are a rebadged Inter-M. The service manual only lists the pot pcb assembly which is in any case different on the inter-m / samson variants. But a 10K log is the most likely. If you want one with click detents, you'll have to get one from your Samson agent. Or bung any 10kA pot in there if you're not fussed. It's only a potential divider, so long as the shaft is long enough.
Mouser will do the detented pots but you'll have to trawl through the datasheets to find them.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Radeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 9:55pm
Yes , ive checked the shematics this is indeed inter m rebadge.

Service manual does say something about vr401 and 402
VR RK 16311605A213A (RMG58) but this does not mean much...
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 11:37pm
the RK16 series are Alps 16mm pots but it's possibly a special so you'll have to hunt for something similar. Taiwan Alpha and Bourns both do similar.

rs have a 10ka here

rs uk
Kevin

North Staffordshire

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 9:42am
I'd go with a non-detent model and replace both at the same time. As Kev says there are plenty of models out that there which will fit. Go with a log or 'music' taper as suggested.
Radeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

I'd go with a non-detent model and replace both at the same time. As Kev says there are plenty of models out that there which will fit. Go with a log or 'music' taper as suggested.

I will replace both. Thanks everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply