Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung buys Harman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samsung buys Harman
    Posted: 14 November 2016 at 9:28am
Best regards,
Teun.
Greg32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 9:37am
Had nothing but good experience with product or service form samsung. will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Greg32 Greg32 wrote:

Had nothing but good experience with product or service form samsung. will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

+1

i do rate samsung products and aftercare
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleAudioRecords
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 10:36am
Exploding news!
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 10:47am
...as long as they don't sell stuff with batteries in.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 10:51am
Oh Well--At least Samsung will be able to set fire to the electronics in cars now instead of burning peoples hands and ears.
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 11:02am
I never had any issues with any of the Samsung products. I am looking forward to seeing what they are planning Smile
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 11:27am
one thing I really like about Samsung is they're smartphone super amoled displays, bright vibrant colours I know they're saturated but it's great for playing games,
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 11:48am
How long before Soundwebs start blowing up when you put them to your ear?
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 3:15pm
FFS!

This is an odd period of time for the disco industry, isn't it?

Big companies have run out of ideas to make new stuff, and are just buying up the IP of other companies, who have done all the donkey work.

I think this particular deal is mostly about Harmon's auto stuff. Siemens have been involved with car-fi (OEM) for some time, integrating ICE with Aircon, and anything else on the Can-Bus. Samsung looking to do the same, with more bluetooth/touchscreen integration into dash controls and display.

I doubt they will do much with Harmon Pro Audio, way to small a segment to bother.

Android control for Soundcraft Desks?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

FFS!

more bluetooth/touchscreen integration into dash controls and display.

:-) ... a bit ironic on the day Old Bill are having a big campaign against distracted driving i.e. cell phone calls, texting, checking twitter twatter (!) - and satnavs, and all the other (largely superfluous IMO) electronics/gizmos/eye candy to grab drivers' attention.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
mitchiemasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchiemasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

way to small a segment to bother.

Seems every article up about it thinks so too. I've not seen one mention of the Harman Pro side of things. I wonder if the reporters doing the articles even know Harman has such well respected, leading brands in these major fields.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>