Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scanner mirrors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scanner mirrors?
    Posted: 05 February 2009 at 1:40pm
Anyone know where i can get hold of some scanner mirrors. must fit euroscan 1ce.

Cheers. Geth.

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 11:23pm
generaly only from the light manufacturers - scan mirrors need to be surfaced mirrored to avoid double imaging - most glass merchants only stock rear mirrored glass, usually too thick, and therefore too heavy for the tilt motor as well

chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:36am
May sound bizzare... Ive used one of the wifes make-up mirrors. Removed the plastic back/frame to reveal a very thin lightweight mirror. Just had to slice the corners off so it matched the other mirrors.
Done it a couple of times, on a Tas Syncro and Futurescan 1.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 8:03am
not a bad idea - the glass will be quite thin, but i should imagine that it is still rear mirrored rather than  front mirrored - which as i said earlier can cause double imaging. if that doesent bother you,go for it
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 4:09am
I noticed this double imaging thing when we used some mirrors we found hangin around. one of them was ok the other looked like 2 blobs on top of each other. didnt matter for what wer were doing. but my mate keeps setting them up on the floor at the back of stages and stuff so people smash the mirrors with their feet Wacko

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 10:26am
you could buy some large mirrors for clay paky goldenscans etc - these are if my memory is correct approx £6 each, and are large enough to be cut up by a glazier into several smaller mirrors
Nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 11:38am
Stray Sounds-I got a piece of mirror from a Boeing 767 loo (not kidding-I used to work for BA as a tech) if your interested. Unbreakable,thin and ultra light.PM me if your'e interested-I can spare enough for 2 lamps-send me the dimensions and I'll cut you a piece.
"We've got lumps of it round the back".
 Post Reply Post Reply